It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll Pay $20 Gallon Gas/Petro Instead Of Murdering Iranians. I Want PEACE!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
you'd rather get scammed even more?? WTF??

PEOPLE, wake up! (cliche-time!) YOUR CARS DONT NEED GAS. You can use electric cars.

Uh, gotta question for you....

The electricity that is used to power your fancy electric car....where do you think that comes from? Maybe an oil burning plant?

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
WIthout dominating the Middle East my fellow Americans would have to pay about $5 a gallon. The warring is all about getting a few dollars off the price of a barrel of crude. It is all driven by greed. There is no moral reason to be over there.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Iran has little to do with high oil prices.

Most of it comes down to ICE and CFTC trading in oil futures. The markets were deregulated in 2001, further in 2004 or so and prices have been soaring ever since, apart from during a brief period of sharp credit contraction in 2008-2010.

trueslant.com...
www.zerohedge.com...
www.philstockworld.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessica6

Most of it comes down to ICE and CFTC trading in oil futures. The markets were deregulated in 2001, further in 2004 or so and prices have been soaring ever since, apart from during a brief period of sharp credit contraction in 2008-2010.

trueslant.com...
www.zerohedge.com...

Thanks for being another to ignore my post but post pertinent information anyway. It's funny how people will just look past that fact and blame whatever they want. In this case, literally and figuratively.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

so because you can afford 20 a gallon the rest of us should grin and bear it? not gonna happen.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by Sahabi

You're only one person. Nice sentiment, but you're a flower braving a tidal wave.

No he's not. There's more of us than just him, and when there's enough the tide will turn. The flower braving the tidal wave will turn into enough to make a dam big enough to stop ANY tidal wave. Look at the world around you. People all over the world are getting sick of exactly what he is talking about.

A tidal wave? We outnumber TPTB at least a thousand to one and the people are starting to wake up to that fact.

You know the only difference between a dream and the reality of it? Action. And that's exactly what people are starting to take.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The United States has the largest reserves of Natural Gas on Earth.

We could use the Fischer Tropsche process to turn the Natural Gas into gasoline....and it would only be $1.50 a gallon.

Tribes killing other Tribes....has never been about oil. We will continue to kill each other long after there is no more oil. Its what we do.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

easy to say... you'd be one of the first ones crying and screaming about $20 gas an what a terrible ting it is. Latest headlines need to be read here from the IAEA, Iran isn't making nuclear energy expect in the form of a bomb, I guess you could call that nuclear energy if you are a lying sack of crap because it is energy, problem is he want's to use the energy to wipe another race people off the earth, kind of like hitler tried with gas except he wants to use fire. and you can stick your head in the sand about it as much as you want, that is exactly what he is going to do if and when he gets a warhead, OR, he is the biggest liar in the world an even though he is nuts he's not a liar he has said it too many times. Now you can rebut this all you want an post all the liberal/pro-Iranian links you want an that won't do anything but prove my case because all of them (those sites) avoid posting his own words that he said to the UN an the world over and over...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Yawn. Another thread about how terrible and evil America is. If we needed to fight Iran for oil, why are we sending oil we already have to China? Anybody watch OReilly tonight? Oh yah, yall too busy watching those leftist fools on the other fake news channels.

Yes, let's listen to the man who believes only earth having a moon is proof of god...when in reality, most planets have more moons than us. Or that the tides are proof of god. Sounds like a very reliable well informed source

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessica6

trueslant.com...
www.zerohedge.com...

And we have a winner!!! As always, Zerohedge nails it.

Some people might wanna check how much the Koch brothers made from speculating on oil...after spending millions in adds and "think tanks" to promote the very wars leading to a price hike. Their trades then amplified that effect.

The biggest enemy to cheap oil isn't Iran/Iraq, it's the very guys sitting in the US speculating recklessly...like the Koch brothers.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I can't believe what I'm reading! People would rather that some innocent human being are killed just so they can get cheaper gas!

Here I was thinking that is was the American government that was bad but it seems the people mirror that same selfish greed.

Just remember what goes around, comes around. You won't always be top dog.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I think $20 per gallon is just the kick in the ass the people need to take real steps to energy independence. This slow boil of ever increasing prices isn't getting the fire going hot enough under people's butts, I'm all for flooring the gas pedal into the next paradigm.

This is the real meat and potatoes of the principle I am trying to suggest! There is an overwhelming suppression of free and clean energy technology.

Instead of killing our fellow humans for stable and cheap oil, we must move on to free/cheap clean energy. There is no denying that free/cheap and clean energy exists.

Peace!

That is simply not true? It exists, but can only be used in certain area's and it is not cheap by any stretch of the imagination. Why the deceptive statement? If you have studied this, you know for a fact it's not cheap and not readily available. So why the lie?

Also if you drive energy costs up the poor in Third World Countries pay the dearest price. The price of food worldwide is directly linked to energy costs. The more food costs, the more people starve. If we do as you say, your policy would kill many innocent people. On who's shoulders would the guilt for that lie? Yours?

Nobody is out after the Iranian people? It's the dictatorial Theocratic government leaders the dispute is with. All that will happen are surgical strikes. Do they bear any blame at all?

You are aware they fund and arm groups who's stated goal is genocide against the Jews and the free Western Democracies? They state it clearly in their own Charter. Do you side with them? Do you share blame with them for the people they have killed, even their fellow Muslims?

If you are new to this topic as you seem, you do know the Saddam and his sons slaughtered hundreds of thousands of people and gave money to the parents of suicide bombers who blew up civilians? Knowing that is a fact, is he a hero to you?

I'd say you are in a fantasy world with your head buried in the sand and you only see what you wish to see, rather than facing the truth.

Whoever is providing you with your information is not your friend, even if it's you.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I cut down on driving a lot in the past
2 years - I thought whatever is going to
happen is going to effect oil prices.
At the present time my gasoline costs
approximately $60 for 3 months. I bike,
walk and take the bus.

I too will pay $20 a gallon to save lives,
I so very much want to see peace in
the world.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
I can't believe what I'm reading! People would rather that some innocent human being are killed just so they can get cheaper gas!

Here I was thinking that is was the American government that was bad but it seems the people mirror that same selfish greed.

Just remember what goes around, comes around. You won't always be top dog.

You seem to live in a parallel fantasy world where groups like Hamas, funded by Iran do not exist? Where thousands of missiles are not pointed at Israel ready to go off. Where people like Ahmadinejad are not crazed lunatics who think they are to herald in the Last Imam.

Nobody is even talking about attacking the Iranian people. They are just talking about surgical strikes on nuclear sites.

You don't get that the leaders in Iran are the people they fund? They want to engage in genocide and if your not one of them, they want you dead. How many times do these people have to say that themselves or put it in organization charters before you believe them? Why do you think they, themselves are lying about their own beliefs?

The entire premise of this thread is transparent propaganda and based completely on false assumptions and lies. I don't know if it's due to illiteracy on the topic or if it is purposeful propaganda on behalf of the Iranian Theocracy. The biggest lie is that evil does not exist and that the world does not need to protect itself.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Sahabi

Speak for yourself I will not pay $20.00. You can have your own opinion but if your opinion effects others look out. $20 you can jam that

Let me guess ... no blood on your hands what so ever, is there?

Absolute disconnect from any involvement or responsibility for the death of others while in their own house, right?

Pay $20.00 a gallon for gas? Not you, no no no .... no matter what the death toll or how much of your taxes is spent on killing other people in Afghanistan, Iraq, Lybia, Egypt, Pakistan, Yemen, Barhain, Kuwait, Oman, Syria, ..... Iran? ....

As sarcastic as your post is I have no guilt about any of it. Well sarcasm can be played by two. If this is what you want to hear well "I don't give a rats tosser about it. Just don't put my fuel price up" Get? Sarcasm returned.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

Yep. The sarcasm was abundant in that last post of mine.

I was just trying to make a point. Having spent 44 months of my life in warzones myself (firefighter in the usaf) I just don't appreciate war as much as many of my fellow Americans do, or just passively permit to happen.

On my days off (well off duty from the fire dept) I'd work at the hospital and worked with/for many children who were directly injured because of "friendly fire" or collateral damage by U.S. forces. One three year old girl was paralized, with 2 bullets lodged in her back after American forces indiscriminately shot through the wall of her house, and her. Another 6 year old boy had to have his skull removed to reduce pressure on his brain due to .. again American forces blowing up his house while he and his 8 year old sister were the only ones home. His skull was put into his abdomen so it would grow with him (hopefully) until it could be grafted back onto his skull a year or so down the road, again, hopefully. I have about dozen stories like this, but I'm sure you get the gist/jist... however you spell that word.

Sorry for the sarcasm, and using you as an example to vent some pent up frustration against those who payed for those bullets and bombs.

On a personal note, I do drive as little as I have to. I also drive a car that is pretty good on gas mileage. I do my best to do my part, it just seems like many people in my part of the world make big drama and see the biggest problems in the smallest mundane things that shouldn't matter much at all ... but when it comes to issues that effect us all, they don't seem to be too preoccupied with it .. or world events.

Why did America have to go into Iraq in the first place.... Stupid me thought there were billions of people closer to Iraq than us Americans. Sure, the coallition of the willing helped out, but it seems there were far more Americans in Iraq than Italians, British, Poland, South Koreans, and the others. Now I'm just babbling on.. so I'll finish this post here and go make myself some tea...

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Nobody is even talking about attacking the Iranian people. They are just talking about surgical strikes on nuclear sites.

They were talking about those same "surgical" strikes on Iraq, and now 100,000 civilian casualties later you wanna do it all again?

All propaganda needs at least some thread of truth to it, so yes Hamas is not all rosy and hugs but compared to the actions of the U.S they can seem that way.

America has chosen the worst possible way to deal with terrorism or possible threats, then repeated it endlessly. The actions of the U.S in the middle east is actually creating MORE terrorism than it can solve.

Einstein defined insanity as doing something over and over and expecting a different result.

edit on 22-2-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Nobody is out after the Iranian people? It's the dictatorial Theocratic government leaders the dispute is with.

Then why no beef with the most fundamentalist theocratic dictatorial government in the region?

Saudi Arabia (cha ching $$) makes Iran look tame when it comes to human rights abuses and religious and political freedoms.

edit on 22-2-2012 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

No, I do not want war again. I also don't want radical Islam to take over the world. Neither do the real Muslims by the way. Still we have tens of millions of radical nut jobs out there who are not going to stop. Iran is their largest supporter and is very clearly planning for nuclear warheads for their missiles.

One, just one ends up in the hands of Hamas and it will, what do you think they will do with it? Do you suppose they will follow through with the plan laid out in their Charter they have no problem showing to the world? Iran supplies all their needs right now.

I'm also a bit miffed at folks who have blinders on and ignore the fact that the number one target of these fanatics supported by the Iranian Theocracy are other Muslims. They are slaughtering their fellow Muslims using money and weapons supplied to them by Iran.

They will end up over here at some point if we bury our heads in the sand and pretend they don't exist.

Nobody, not even Israel is considering attacking the Iranian citizens. That is just a lie and absurd. It is something an Iranian operative would say in fact.
edit on 2/22/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Yeah, you say you'd pay $20 a gallon for peace.

But you do realize that the price of everything will go up if gas were to hit $20 a gallon. Food, utilities, everything would cost a lot more.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join