It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light creates gravity. Here's how.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

How light is bent by gravity
edit on 20-2-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
reply to post by smithjustinb

I think your reaching past what is scientifically acceptable, and I like it! You will have to explain why two high tides are a result thought. And, is there any scientific experiments that can be done to support your theory. Like, can you take a magnetic reading around the globe, day and night, and see if there is a difference? Also, could there be a hidden sun having a effect on your theory?

I definitely know I'm reaching beyond what is acceptable.

What are two high tides?

Are there any experiments?
You might could take a large enough hollow container where the inside is a complete vacuum and the outside is completely reflective to all forms of electromagnetic radiation and see if the object on the inside floats.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
good post, trying to get my head round this

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

i mean: matter is light.

quantum physics hints at this very much.

different particles are all just different expressions of a photon.

here's a piece of the puzzle:

Is the Electron a Photon with Toroidal Topology?
by J.G. Williamson and M.B. van der Mark
Glasgow University, Department of Electronics & Electrical Engineering,
Glasgow G12 8QQ, Scotland
Philips Research Laboratories,
Prof. Holstlaan 4, 5656 AA Eindhoven, The Netherlands

I know E=mc^2

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
i think your theory can be resolved when you realize that all matter is densely cohered light.

This.

David Bohm:

As an object approaches the speed of light, according to relativity, its internal space and time change so that the clocks slow down relative to other speeds, and the distance is shortened. You would find that the two ends of the light ray would have no time between them and no distance, so they would represent immediate contact. (This was pointed out by G. N. Lewis, a physical chemist, in the 1920s.) You could also say that from the point of view of present field theory, the fundamental fields are those of very high energy in which mass can be neglected, which would be essentially moving at the speed of light. Mass is a phenomenon of connecting light rays which go back and forth, sort of freezing them into a pattern. So matter, as it were, is condensed or frozen light. Light is not merely electromagnetic waves but in a sense other kinds of waves that go at that speed. Therefore all matter is a condensation of light into patterns moving back and forth at average speeds which are less than the speed of light. Even Einstein had some hint of that idea. You could say that when we come to light we are coming to the fundamental activity in which existence has its ground, or at least coming close to it.

If it's 'something', then it's a product of light and it's wave-mechanics, including black holes. So, in a sense, yes, light causes gravity.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Photons are energy, and energy has no mass because its vibrations are unrestrained and unbound.

This is related to a theory I have that if we were to focus the energy in our bodies enough, we could actually burn with a touch or knock things backward, similar to a shot from an air gun. That's why martial arts is essential: without the proper conditioning, such channeling and focusing of energy could cause deterioration within the untrained flesh.

If my theory is correct and if we have an influence on our bodies electrons, we might could try to accelerate them upward and hold onto the light longer than the light holds on to us. That would cause us to levitate.

But no, gravity is not light. Gravity, I think, is largely related to magnetics. But don't quote me on that.

edit on CMondayam040405f05America/Chicago20 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

And light is an electromagnetic frequency.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
As much as I enjoy one reaching for ideas outside the box.

The one big hole in the "electrons" idea, is that not all matter has it.

When matter is in the state of PLASMA ,it has no electrons and the entropy is so great the electrons have all been "thrown" off the atoms.

The sun, stars etc. are all in a state of plasma as hot fusion requires temperatures that put matter into a state of plasma. The same gravity is created and they are effected the same as matter in lower states.

But do keep thinking outside the box, I think that is great!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Light does not have a vector unless funnelled, in other words unless a torch is shown through a tube there is no way to point it. An example of that is the sun... so what you've said in previous posts is that the core has a correct amount of electrons coming from the photons from all of the suns around it in perfect harmony... but that still doesn't make sense because that would give way to numerous cores as large as the actual core of our galaxy in our galaxy... it would be like two or three, possibly 100,000 galactic cores spinning into each other that would create one giant arse bomb, but still besides the point.

It can NOT happen.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamwatcher
As much as I enjoy one reaching for ideas outside the box.

The one big hole in the "electrons" idea, is that not all matter has it.

When matter is in the state of PLASMA ,it has no electrons and the entropy is so great the electrons have all been "thrown" off the atoms.

The sun, stars etc. are all in a state of plasma as hot fusion requires temperatures that put matter into a state of plasma. The same gravity is created and they are effected the same as matter in lower states.

But do keep thinking outside the box, I think that is great!

Plasma is electrons that aren't bound to a nucleus. Could you please expand on what you are trying to say here?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Interesting thought, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. If what you propose were true, then at sunrise or sunset, everything would move sideways.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Interesting thought, but I think you're barking up the wrong tree. If what you propose were true, then at sunrise or sunset, everything would move sideways.

Nah, because even though the sun is setting here, it is directly overhead somewhere else. The place where it is directly overhead is where the most energy is required to reflect. Greater energy for the electron means more acceleration. To reflect at an angle requires less energy and therefore less acceleration to launch the light at its equal and opposite trajectory.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Possibly but how about:

Quanta's creates Gravity.
Quanta's= the bulding blocks of our perceived reality so to be "real" in that they exhibit a force on it's neighbouring Quanta.

Space is not actually "space" (as in nothingness) but instead consists of planck sized quanta's of varying phases (i.e temperature, density or other less understood quantum atributes) that make up the dimension we consider to be observable.

As any >Planck sized object changes it's relativisitc position in Space it has to do so within the exisitng Quanta energy gradient around it.

All >Plank sized objects have to move at least 1 Plank length in the same direction for relativistic movement to be achieved therefore at a quantum level; all objects are affected by the gradient and phase of the quanta around it.

Black holes are probably compressed space (or Quanta) so we see things been "sucked" into a black hole, they are actually just traveling in the straightest relatavistic line possible given our observation of the conservation of momentum.

Same goes with Planets ...the quanta in matter is more compressed than the "space" ( or less compressed quanta) around it , causing an energy gradient which makes the straight line appear curved as all objects consisting of >Plank sized quantas need to travel an equal amount of distance through the energy gradient for them to remain "whole".

Suddenly we dont need dark energy, dark matter or curvature of space time...just a change of perspective on how we understand it.

Sort of : )

edit on 20-2-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

Light does not have a vector unless funnelled, in other words unless a torch is shown through a tube there is no way to point it. An example of that is the sun... so what you've said in previous posts is that the core has a correct amount of electrons coming from the photons from all of the suns around it in perfect harmony... but that still doesn't make sense because that would give way to numerous cores as large as the actual core of our galaxy in our galaxy... it would be like two or three, possibly 100,000 galactic cores spinning into each other that would create one giant arse bomb, but still besides the point.

It can NOT happen.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "core". Core of what?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

I see what you mean (that gravity is the curvature of spacetime), but I mean really... can space really curve? Is there really a fabric of spacetime? Or is it, in fact, just space.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The core... the thing that is created at the centre of the galaxy from the light that emits photons that are collected by the electrons. You proposed that. So essentially your saying that the light is a self-fulfilling gravity well. Ergo the core of the galaxy.

My logic determines that all of the galaxies with all that light emitting would have created some sort of universal core. That could possibly be if light create gravity and gave way to mass.

You have some interesting theories and they are quite interesting to indulge but I'm afraid it simply doesn't work.

Jamie,

Peace.
edit on 20-2-2012 by pandapowerjamie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Forget curved space time.

Quantum Space itself is not curved...it's just that everything that we consider real ( i.e has mass or energy) has to move through a quantum gradient around it.

For it to stay in one bit ( thats a good word for what Quanta's actually are..bits of reality) all parts of it need to travel in an equal plancks length of distance or straight line as we know it.

It looks curved but in fact it's perfectly straight through a 4D ( 3D+ Time) gradient of quantas.

If I float around a planet both sides of my body have to travel the same amount of distance which isnt possible if the quanta around the planet have a quantum gradient making me seemingly appear to be "pulled" towards the planet.

We're not stuck to the earth because it has mass...it;s because the quanta that make up the mass have a steady gradient towards the earth as they become more dense.

Capiche???

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie

The core... the thing that is created at the centre of the galaxy from the light that emits photons that are collected by the electrons. You proposed that. So essentially your saying that the light is a self-fulfilling gravity well. Ergo the core of the galaxy.

The core doesn't emit photons, it absorbs them. I proposed that the center of a body where light is symmetrically distributed on all sides causes the electrons within that body to absorb all.

My logic determines that all of the galaxies with all that light emitting would have created some sort of universal core. That could possibly be if light create gravity and gave way to mass.

Probably. But light doesn't create mass, it only directs it.

You have some interesting theories and they are quite interesting to indulge but I'm afraid it simply doesn't work.

Jamie,

Peace.
edit on 20-2-2012 by pandapowerjamie because: (no reason given)

They do work. You didn't say anything that contradicts me. So far, no one has.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You misunderstood everything I said (And all I did was feed it back to you to what it would mean). I don't mean to sound like some child retorting because I feel I didn't get my own way. But I think your seeing what you want to see rather than the facts telling you otherwise. I'm going to end it here and now.

Peace,

Jamie.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone
Forget curved space time.

Quantum Space itself is not curved...it's just that everything that we consider real ( i.e has mass or energy) has to move through a quantum gradient around it.

For it to stay in one bit ( thats a good word for what Quanta's actually are..bits of reality) all parts of it need to travel in an equal plancks length of distance or straight line as we know it.

It looks curved but in fact it's perfectly straight through a 4D ( 3D+ Time) gradient of quantas.

If I float around a planet both sides of my body have to travel the same amount of distance which isnt possible if the quanta around the planet have a quantum gradient making me seemingly appear to be "pulled" towards the planet.

We're not stuck to the earth because it has mass...it;s because the quanta that make up the mass have a steady gradient towards the centre of the earth as they become more dense.

Capiche???

I sort of see what you mean and we may or may not be on the same page. I will say this:

If you could view the electrons of the earth undergoing this process and slow them down, you would see a spiral wave that spirals downwardly to the center of the earth. So this shows how gravity is a spiralling force even on the micro scale. If you look at our galaxy, it also behaves this way.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

Sorry. I thought I understood you. I'm trying to keep an open mind here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join