It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another Baby Mauled to Death by PIT BULL - Should they be Banned?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Yeah,nice try.You're way off topic.No matter how you choose to spin it pit bulls ARE aggressive by nature.It's who they are.

link   
It's stupid people that should be banned from having kids.I have a dog and would never leave it alone with a new born.

link   
I'm asking.

The way I see it, I just don't worry about a chihuahua (as vicious as they often are) jumping into my baby's carriage while my wifes out with her for a walk, and threatening by baby's life, the way I'm terrified if the dog were instead a pitbull (or similar mix/breeding).

I mean, what kind of "pet" is that if over 70% of all FATAL dog attacks are exclusively by dogs identified as pit bull?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

* Each year, approximately 630 child pedestrian fatalities occur.
* Children sustain more than 39,000 nonfatal pedestrian injuries each year.

www.physorg.com...

tell you what...lets shoot your car instead

off topic?
I just mentioned THE LAW as it applies to responsibility
a responsible parent or dog owner makes certain the situation can't occur

just like ALL the EXAMPLES I just gave you for which you have indicated your intelligent response
edit on 19-2-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlapTheGinkels
You mess with my pit I hope she kills you.

2nd line.

Andddddddddddd this reply says what most pit bull owners think about their dog.Killing machine.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SlapTheGinkels

Yes it is isn't it. I bet those new parents used to think just like you.

A responsible parent will not even allow a cat alone with a baby. Let alone an animal capable of tearing the child to pieces with their teeth. Geez... Amazing anyone could even consider this... Like I said animals get jealous.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I've seen female murderers in the news even though all the Nazis were men.

I didn't say that "all non-chopped Pit Bulls will be loving, wonderful domestic creatures that humans share life-goals with."

I said "chop the tail or ears of a Pit Bull off and they will get pissy with you more often."

Half of the time, people buy them like that, because "it looks nice" and the Pit Bull is a very resentful creature by that point - it's already a product of industry.

Sure, they still have the potential to be aggressive, but if you want a passive puppy, if you want to be passive yourself, why are you even on ATS?

Raise a pit bull that doesn't look "nice."

Don't trim the ears, don't chop the tail and don't accept a puppy from a line of breeders that do, and you'll get the most loyal dog you've ever known.

Inversely, buy any other type of dog with their tail and ears chopped, and I'm willing to bet that after a couple generations, they are going to be very angry dogs.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I had a pitbull and it was the best dog I've ever had but I had taken care of properly socializing him with both human and many strange dogs. By 3 months it could sit, lay, stay *not too long* in english/german/hand signal. But I past at least 2 hours a day training and playing with him.

Stupid owners like those parents get dogs for their physical appearance without knowing much about the breed and their tendencies...

Pitbulls were bread for fighting other dogs therefor they are prone to show dog aggression however this isn't normally a problem when the dog is properly socialized and trained it'll behave as well as a labrador... However you can expect it to NOT let others dogs f*** with it, if another dog attack him ***IT WILL NOT*** back dog.. Those dogs are gladiators when it comes to fight...

They are by far the most intelligent dog I had, it outsmarted the two labs I had by far...

This is not a dog problem this is a parent problem... YOU DO NOT leave a kid alone with an animal I don't care if its a dog, cat or hell even a hamster... Hell btw why would you want to leave a kid that age alone anyways...

The video shows this dog to be very territorial aggressive this means the dog think "he's the boss" so it will behave as one and making its point clear... Those are just posers that bought a mean looking dog to get attention didn't know about its genetic prepositions and didn't show the dog who was the alpha.

If you are are a firm person that's looking for a very brave and loyal dog and you don't mind the extra task of keeping extra care when there's other dogs around and properly socializing and training them they make GREAT dogs...

If you do not do the above you just chain the dog in the yard and feed it when you remember to you'll end up with a mean aggressive and very territorial dog that's just looking for a reason to bite... Be it a pitbull, labrador or any dogs it'll result in the same...

Those the never had a pitbull and are still blinded by media influenced belief I strongly suggest you to go to verify the data at the American Temperament Test Society they are an association of vets whom test dog temperament to see how they behave to establish how well "balanced" different breeds are...

Here's a couple examples... Anything above 80% is a perfectly balanced dog suited for families as long as their breed specific cares are properly filled...

Labrador Retriever 92.4%

American Pit Bull Terrier 86.4%

Dalmatian 82.4%

German Shepherd Dog 84.4%

Border Collie 81.2%

Boxer 83.7%

Bulldog 70.4%

Chihuahua 71.1%

Collie 79.9%

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptographrix

I've seen female murderers in the news even though all the Nazis were men.

I didn't say that "all non-chopped Pit Bulls will be loving, wonderful domestic creatures that humans share life-goals with."

I said "chop the tail or ears of a Pit Bull off and they will get pissy with you more often."

Half of the time, people buy them like that, because "it looks nice" and the Pit Bull is a very resentful creature by that point - it's already a product of industry.

Sure, they still have the potential to be aggressive, but if you want a passive puppy, if you want to be passive yourself, why are you even on ATS?

Raise a pit bull that doesn't look "nice."

Don't trim the ears, don't chop the tail and don't accept a puppy from a line of breeders that do, and you'll get the most loyal dog you've ever known.

Inversely, buy any other type of dog with their tail and ears chopped, and I'm willing to bet that after a couple generations, they are going to be very angry dogs.

Female murderers...off topic.Nothing to do with a damn dog breed.Said yourself..'a very resentful creature".That's what they are by nature.And you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.I adopted a pure bred boxer.her ears and tail are cropped.and by NATURE she's a very sweet dog.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
(And yes, I'd had my Pit Bull around babies and he didn't even playfight with them, and I've had my daughter around Pit Bulls. Heck, my Pit grew up with a Norwegian Forest Cat and a rabbit.)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cryptographrix

You're one of the lucky ones then.You got a 'pit' that wasn't half retarded or aggressive.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

2nd line.

Andddddddddddd this reply says what most pit bull owners think about their dog.Killing machine.

Uhhhh no. When I was in high school I had a pit, he was probably the sweetest dog I've ever met. I hate dogs with a passion having been attacked by my families golden retriever (Bet you don't have an issue with them) for no reason what so ever when I was three. It kind of stuck with me over the years, hell I can have a chihuahua bark at me and it sends shivers down my spine for no fault of my own.

Pit Bulls are not vicious dogs what so ever, they're extremely loyal though and will protect what is seen as a threat. But no more than any other dog, because guess what? They're animals. Animals do that. But don't even start to blame the breed as a violent thing, a poor home is what causes them to go vicious.

Just ask yourself what kind of home and owners would leave a 72-hour old baby alone long enough for it to be attacked? That should give you a good indication of how they probably treated that Pit.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I see about of ignorance on these reply s to pit bulls. Try owning a few.I
i have a few around the house i leave with a child or two often. And o leave them feeling safer because of this.. and those trying to defend the dog by comparing them to camera and shingles on a roof ate minor considering the fact that dog are living creatures with minds of there own. Points ARE known for being dangerous but it's not their fault. Most people who attack them have met owned one or just only know what they have hard on tv.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by reaxi0n

How old is the dog?Talk to me in a few years.I guarentee you by then he will.Not even years,probably a few months.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

2nd line.

I was talking about my wife.... Not my Pit...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I live in Scotland where pitbulls are banned and although cross breeds do surface the law is rarely enforced.
Bull terriers are more the norm here. I see many of them around and I must say they are invariably attached to young punks. I wonder why that is...and what your choice of breed says about you. I don't like these dogs...or their owners...both should be avoided.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Give her a couple generations of that, hun. It's something to do with sources of infection, I'm telling you.

You are a bad person and eventually it is going to catch up with you for that.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Who needs a pit when you can have a lion. Same thing right? Its sad when someone thinks its okay to leave their child with an animal breed to be a predator. Its not the dogs fault at all.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join