It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You're Having Dreams About Nukes, I Want To Know About It!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Ok, deep breath on this one. I consider myself someone who dreams very intensely. I had a 'nuke' type dream which wasn't centered in Texas but had some some very unusual segments to it nontheless. Just to mention before I describe my dream, I consider myself spiritual without a religious affiliation.

I am walking down a city street with a being/entity who I can only describe as Jesus. In a very calm and casual conversation, he is telling me that there is an event that is coming that not even he can stop. I am aware that this event is not actually happening, rather I am goign to be shown certain images. At that moment, I find myself at a large metal door. The door is thick and has what appears to be rivets. It isn't a modern looking door but maybe a door from an earlier time ('50's or 60's maybe??). The door is closed and no one can get it in.

I am shown an image of the inside of a military command bunker complete with a live feed of the outside world. There are multiple radar type screens that show a 'blip' or something coming into view. The object enters the radar and the so called live feed from the upper right corner. There is a flash of intense white light. It is made clear to me that anyone on the outside of that door will not survive. I feel like I was shown one more 'scene' but for the life of me I cannot remember.

I have had similair dreams but this one was odd because of the spiritual (Jesus) reference. He was sad. There was nothing he could do even if he wanted to stop what was happening.

Anywho, make what you want of it. Was an interesting dream event to say the least.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Greetings, fellow ATSers....

My question to you posters out there is, how many of you have had nuclear dreams, and what exactly happened in the dream. Also feel free to share any other dreams that you deem pertinent to the discussion.

Thanks, I hope to hear from you, because I don't want to be the only looney who has these crazy, scary dreams!

I've had at least a couple of "end-of-the-world" dreams. One had to do with the nuking of an American city. I posted on this not that long ago, but I can't remember which thread it was on.

Just recently I re-read "The Book of the Hopi" (published in 1963) compiled by an anthropologist from UCLA.

In it, the Hopi Elders made the prediction that the US would be destroyed by nukes from a country "where the Light was first seen" -- i.e. the Mid-east, Pakistan, India, or China.

What struck me as significant in this prediction (made in the late 1950's to early 1960's timeframe), was the fact that Russian or the Soviet Union is NOT mentioned. At that time, the Soviet Union was considered our most dangerous enemy.

I had my nuke dream a few months after 9/11 -- this was during the first half of 2002. I can't really remember what lead up to it in my dream.

I remember being outside on unfamiliar terrain. It was a flat, dry yellow plain with huge boulders on it, there were barren mountains behind me and I had the sense that the mountain had caves in it. Somehow I knew that an American city had been nuked. What was memorable about this very short dream was the PROFOUND sense of despair and hopelessness I felt. It was a horrible feeling of futility, waste, and that there was no point in going on.

The second dream was full of color & activity. We, the people, had been told that the end was near. There were not enough shelters for all the people. I saw young couples with small children fighting to get into the shelters.

I was walking thru the streets of a small town -- people were quiet and resigned. They knew it was pointless to protest. I made it to the beach and sat down on a bench that faced the sea. I could hear music & merrymakers behind me in a trattoria. They were drinking & dancing as if they did not know.

In the distance, I could see pine trees on a piece of land that jutted out into the sea. I marvelled at how beautiful this world was and how sad it was that it was all about to be destroyed.

I sat alone on the bench facing the sea and watched the sun sink into the water. End of dream.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Used to have a dream constantly about a nuke going off in Mayport. From this thread posted in 2008: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by wills120
I've been here on ATS since 2006 just lurking (I think I've only posted once) and this thread really jumped out at me.

I've been having dreams for the last 2-3 years of a coming end of the world or some kind of nuclear holocaust. My wife thinks these are related to financial problems we've been experiencing or the fact that we just got married a few years ago....you know, the whole "loss of independence" thing.

I'm 35 and honestly nothing like this happened when I was younger. The dream is almost exactly the same each time: It starts with a bunch of people walking with us to the beach in a hurry(my wife and I live about a block from the ocean). It's night and there is no electricity so it's pitch black, we can hear police sirens in the distance and people sobbing around us. We get down to the beach and I've got this feeling we're just waiting for something.....something horrible. I'm looking at the ocean and there is the blinding light and horrible crashing noise, the ground is shaking, people are screaming....my wife is holding me and I look to the North only to see a giant wall of fire coming for us....

Then I wake up. Sometimes in a sweat, sometimes so violently that I wake my wife. I had it again Monday night.

It should be noted that I live about 5 miles South of Mayport Naval Station and it's completely possible that fact has been unconsciously woven into my dream but I feel as though it's something more.....more like a warning.

It could be nothing and I hope nobody minds, just thought I would share.

[edit on 22-2-2008 by wills120]

Don't have the dream as much but still have it occasionally. I live in California now but of course we all know that's where they would fall
edit on 19-2-2012 by wills120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Later

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Its funny that you bring this up, and I haven't spotted this thread till just now, honestly.

Last night I had dream that my gf and I were standing outside, under a beautiful clear sky, as she was weeping intensly. I was calm and rational, happy actually. I was excited, and telling her its going to be OK, that we'll be together in some form or another after we die, and this seemed to help her a little.

As I watched the clear sky, the image in the dreamed changed to a planetary view, as a giant object, possibly larger than the moon,collids with the Earth. The view switches to the sky again, and I'm holding my gf, as the planet is engulfed in flames. It was an impressive scene, and I wasn't scared at all. A very strange feeling indeed.

I tried to relate this dream to the gf earlier today, but she wasn't too interested. Still, you asked and so there's my dream.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This reminds me of the horrible dream
Sara Conner has in Terminator film.
no wonder people have nightmares!

the mental shock wave of all those people
dying could make people have future dreams?

anyone know if people had bad dreams before June 6?
when america dropt a nuc on civilians?

sleep well...

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Thats realy weird that you mentioned that, becus i rearly remember my dreams , but just last night i hade one about after nuke war. I thout maby it was becous i had just watched the latest epasode of "The Walking Dead" but who knows

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I had a dream where I had gone to an abandoned fire tower, a place where many people go to climb to see the spectacular view - illegaly.

In my dream I was there with a couple family members and something didn't seem right, although I didn't have the feeling that something terrible was going down.

It was a clear night sky and you could see the stars very easily in this dream.

As we gazed at the night sky and appreciated the great view of the cities below, we began to see a couple shooting stars.

We watched the 1st 2, expecting them to burn out, but they didn't.

They kept going and disappeared just above the horizon. Then a huge blast could be seen and a massive mushroom cloud, illuminated from the explosion, rose into the sky.

Things went from a decent time with friends, to complete panic - instantly.

It paniced me so much that I woke immediately after realizing what the explosion was.

I live by OakRidge Tennessee, where ORNL (OakRidge National Laboratories) is located and this is probably what seeded this type of dream into my mind, but can't be certain

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I guess the way I figure it is even if I could find somewhere to hide out and avoid death, would it be a world worth living in? Would I lose my children, my family and friends? Would it be better to just meet my maker from the beginning and save myself the hell of probably dying slowly from the after effects of nuclear war? ....

Exactly, the despair I felt in my dream was so intense. Why go on when the world you loved is gone forever?

I would never have survived a camp like Auschwitz.

If this stuff happens, I will not be one of the survivors -- I don't have the stomach for it.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I have an idea of why this might be happening.

In today's culture there are a lot of post-apocalyptic movies and video games out there. The Fallout Series is one of them. And there are many, many movies out there with post-apocalyptic themes.

Is it possible, that what people are feeding their minds with also affects their dreams?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubAce
I have an idea of why this might be happening.

In today's culture there are a lot of post-apocalyptic movies and video games out there. The Fallout Series is one of them. And there are many, many movies out there with post-apocalyptic themes.

Is it possible, that what people are feeding their minds with also affects their dreams?

That's an excellent point, SubAce. But to me, it's a kind of "which came first? the chicken or the egg?" situation.

Is it possible that these game software designers, artists & writers (perhaps more sensitive than the general populace) have tuned into something in the ether?

WHY are there so many movies, games & TV shows that use this post-apocalyptic theme?

What about predictions that were made decades ago by Hopis and Edgar Cayce? They were clear about violent destruction of the world as we know it.

The end of the Mayan cycle on 21 Dec 2012 is not so clear. Does it portend destruction? Or does it merely mark the end of one cycle and the beginning of another?

Are we being prepared by TPTB for something they know is coming?

I don't know.
edit on 19-2-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Few years ago I had similiar dreams. I remember one in particular in my area (Florida) seeing blimp shaped missiles coming down on the surrounding cities and everyone was running. And another of several missiles going up. I live around maybe 5 military bases, including an off map base.

*More to add: I also remember dreaming of everyone living in storage units, families packed into these boxes and the perimeter was barb wired and guarded. The feeling was horrible, very vivid dream. I woke up crying seeing what I had seen in the dream.

edit on 19-2-2012 by sting130u because: More to add

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by xZodiacx
I describe this entire post as fear mongering. Honestly if you were logical and believed that thought creates reality, this is only spreading the fear and idea around to other people.

This is expanding this ridiculous train of thought and so many people are going to think or be scared that something is going to happen that eventually there is going to be a collective thought amongst the whole world and something is going to happen and that will become our reality.

Avert your attention and precious time that you do have on this Earth to not worrying about your future, but living in the present.

btw did you notice it is pre-sent. Reality is pre-sent from your thought. Thought creates reality. Make sense?????

xZodiacx, you bring up an idea that needs to be considered. Our emotionalized thinking (if maintained long enough) does tend to manifest on the material plane.

Honestly, I feel better now that I have been able to vent these nightmares & fears. Hopefully, this c*ap will never happen. Often the things we talk about BEFORE they happen, never happen. This is a way of exorcising these demons of fear.

A person who is disciplined enough to be able to control his thoughts (and the emotions those thoughts generate) have nothing to fear. His dominant positive energy should act as a shield if the SHTF. Such a person would be almost magically protected --- in the sense that circumstances would arrange themselves around such a person to make sure he is protected.

Such a person would be the one who sees a way open up before him that allows him to escape the prison camp. Or he would find himself taken into a shelter, when he had no logical reason to expect such a thing.

Such a person's well-being is not contingent on what appears to be happening around him.

Is any of this making sense to you?

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I remember not to long ago I had a dream I was looking into a suburban town where people were walking across the street and also the street closest to me and there were tress that made me feel like I was in california. Then a bright flash began. Slowly picking up in brightness. Then I woke up.

Dont know if thats of any correlation or not

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by parksh

My son (10y/o) had one about a month ago. He was in San Antonio visiting the Alamo with my brother and his recently deceased Grandpa. I just thought it was one of those saying goodbye to a love one dreams, but maybe there was more to it. He says he was looking out from the front of the Alamo and there were little mushroom clouds everywhere. Strange.
Peace and Love

I had one of those saying goodbye to a loved one dreams when I was 15 y/o. when I was 15 my father died, i travelled 10 hours by bus on my own to attend the funeral
around 2 months later I left home, just after I had a dream it felt more like I had woken in the hallway of my grand mothers house, it was all in colour, everything smelt exactly the same i can still remember every detail, the carpet,the flowers, I walked down the hall way, it was darkish as it always was, came to the back landing .
a brilliant light was shining through the windows that i had to shield my eyes from, i walked down the steps and into the kitchen and my dad was leaning down talking on the telephone, i couldnt believe it, there were other people there i didnt know them but they knew me.
i dont remember anything of them just the presence and that they were seated at the table and one facing my father, someone said he's here, at this point i was sobbing uncontrolably, i remember being hugged, and all the positive stuff people say but my father wasnt saying anything and then he started to leave, i followed him up the hallway asking him not to go , he told me it was the only way? and he had to? we walked to the door opened it and proceeded to walk down the path to the gate.
everything was there in the front yard that i remembered up to the fence, there was nothing outside the fence but white, not shining or anything but blank like a canvas no depth or distinction, i watched him walk to the gate , open it and vanish. then i woke up.
it was harrowing realy it left me shaken for days

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I had a very vivid dream of a nuclear explosion a couple years ago that has not been able to leave my head. I was walking in the city and i hear something that makes me turn around to where you can see all the high rise buildings and a massive blanket of fire that devours the city almost like a fire tsunami. I feel like this was somewhat prophetic and if so, then i imagine it must be a city such as New York City, Chicago, or a city that is very large and has many sky scrappers as I have always wanted to move to such a place. Very scary memories.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbnhd76
I used to have the most vivid dreams of running through desolate places,

bombed out cities, scorched country-side, etc.

Always hiding and avoiding -something-

I have these dreams nearly 1-2 times a month. The people chasing me, have only seen them once but they all have gas masks on. Not regular ones though, weird white ones.

When I have these dreams, there aren't very many people but me and a few other people and they usually end up dying, disappearing or ditching due to the masked men.

I really hate when they corner me and I'm stuck on a roof, hate heights

Also, zombies are a common theme and usually results in me hiding in odd places like on top of a clothes rack in a mall then crawling through a vent that leads to a temple with hidden trap holes in the floor. The scariest part of this one was the sniper taunting me with bullets while I tried to not fall in a hole, laughing hysterically.

This thread makes me wonder if I'm dreaming the fallout O_o.. love how I can run forever in them, don't think I've got much of a chance IRL lol
edit on 19-2-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
i had a dream about nukes..i was running w/what i can say was fbi agents..i was in a suit too..we ran under a bridge and saw a huge missile heading south(bahamas or miami) and we could tell it came from Canada region(N. Pole i guess- Russia) but i know i was tracking it w/them and we saw a huge missile...it scared me to death this dream..i have yet to be contacted by gov't even though i'm pretty smart and doing an engineering degree leading to phd- so who knows. Probably not after posting in conspiracy sites.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I remember having an incredibly vivid dream, about five months ago, that was rather startling.

I was in the middle of a field, and there was grey, hot, ash falling from the sky. Everything was grey, it covered everything. The air was riddled in a dust/ash fog, and the ground was covered in litter that was white-washed from the ash. I remember a doll head sticking out from underneath some of the rubble that was in the field, it looked at me. It had really red lipstick, I remember that, and it was the only thing not covered in grey.

In the dream, I had originally thought it was a volcano. The way the explosion shook the Earth was almost seismic, but there was a bright light in the sky, far brighter than the sun, and far larger and closer. I went deaf when I saw the light, it was completely silent. It flared, went out, and then a stream of light hit the ground in the horizon. That's all I remember.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I have seen similar to this in my dreams many times.

Alongside an huge tsunamis too lol

edit on 19-2-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join