It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World According To Monsanto (MUST WATCH)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hi ATS.

We all know Monsanto and we all know what they do.
Recently a lot of controversy surrounding Monsanto has arisen again.

Not just in the MSM but also here on ATS.

I've played a part on this, some called it fearmongering others appreciated the information.
the threads that popped up recently were these:

Monsanto's Roundup Diluted 450-Fold Is Still Toxic To DNA!

Massive Bee Deaths Solved? (GM Corn Is The Culprit)

300.000 Organic Farmers Sue Monstanto In Federal Court!

Monsanto Guilty Of Chemical Poisining In France

Let me state that i KNOW this has been posted before.
I feel the thread didn't get enough attention and decided to try to give it a go.
i'm going a little more indepth than the other thread did.
if this thread needs to be closed so be it.
i just thought in these turbulent times this deserved ATS' attention again.
the thread that discussed the matter before is from 2008 and can be found below.

The World According To Monsanto

so let's start.

first off, the documentary itself

for the people who can't watch the documentary

Complete Transcipt Of The Documentary (PDF)

INTRODUCTION

With 17,500 employees, a 2006 sales figure of $7.5 billion and operations in 46 countries, Monsanto is the world leader in genetically modified organisms (GMOs), as well as one of the most controversial corporations in industrial history. Since its founding in 1901, the company has faced trial after trial due to the toxicity of its products, including polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), polystyrene, devastating herbicides like Agent Orange, used during the Vietnam War, and bovine growth hormones, which are unauthorized in Canada and banned in Europe.

Today, Monsanto has reinvented itself as a “life sciences” company converted to the virtues of sustainable development. Thanks to its genetically modified seeds, engineered among other things to withstand Monsanto’s Roundup, the world’s bestselling herbicide, the company claims it wants to solve world hunger while reducing environmental damage. Where does the truth lie?

SUMMARY

The World According to Monsanto pieces together the story of the St. Louis, Missouri, corporation, calling on hitherto unpublished documents and first-hand accounts by scientists, civil society representatives, victims of the company’s toxic activities, lawyers, politicians, and representatives of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and Environmental Protection Agency. Based on a three-year investigation in North and South America, Europe and Asia, the film tells the tale of an industrial empire that, thanks in part to misleading reports, collusion with the American government, pressure tactics and attempts at corruption, has become one of the world’s biggest seed manufacturers.It shows how the clean, green image conveyed by the company’s advertising serves as a smoke screen for Monsanto’s quest for market supremacy, to the detriment of global food security and environmental stability.

FILMMAKER'S STATEMENT

Why a film about Monsanto?

Lots of people have asked me this question over the past three years, and my answer is always the same:

I’ve been travelling around the world for over 20 years, and I hear things all the time about this American multinational — mostly bad things, to tell the truth. I wanted to find out for myself and spent months surfing the Net. I learned that Monsanto is one of the most controversial corporations of modern times, because it has systematically hidden the extreme toxicity of its products. What about today? Is it telling us the truth about its GMOs? Can we believe it when it says that biotechnology is the solution to hunger and environmental contamination? To answer these questions, which concern us all, I set out on a mission across three continents, comparing what Monsanto says with the real world. I met dozens of eyewitnesses I hadn’t identified in advance on the Web. And I’m convinced this is no time to let Monsanto take possession of crop seeds and, by extension, the world’s food supply

Marie-Monique Robin

Her Credentials And That Of The Crew That Worked On The Documentary

Let me once again state that i KNOW this has been posted before.
the thread is froom 2008, didn't get a whole lot of attention (4 pages of replies)
so i decided to try again via a more indepth look into the documentary and the background of it.

furthermore i know this is quite a lenghty documentary (1hour 49 minutes)
but this is really worth your time.
so if you haven't seen it i'd really advise you to watch it.

what do you think?

my conclusion is:

Monsanto is evil.
Monsanto is a corporation that hides behind it's green image but meanwhile does everything in its power to get a monopoly on the (GMO) foodmarket.
accomplishing that they use any means they have:
- threatening
- bribing
- sueing
- blackmailing
- illegally planting crops themselves

edit on 17-2-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thank you for the post! I recently got off the phone with a Tazo tea representative of what "natural flavor" is added to the full leaf teas they sell...After 15 minutes on hold, the lady said "under FDA privatized guidelines I do not know the information on the natural flavor nor can I release it." Quite a contradictory statement, but I told her to relay my concern to the corporate office and monsanto can "suck a fat one" lol. I was upset but still determined to keep exposing this agriculture fiasco to everyone.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't have time to watch the documentary now but i will try tonight.

Monsanto is the definition of evil. How do we let the same people who created horrible chemicals like agent orange be in control of our food supply.

The damage that Monsanto has done to the earth with GMO's and with what ever else who knows what is far more than we can imagine.

In the current state all of this is going, GMO's will kill us all along with most life on earth eventually. What information does Monsanto have, they must know there destroying the world...... what is there plan for the future....

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Dear Kn0wh0w,
Back again to have your back and completely agree with your opinions on Monsanto. It really does bother me to know everything we touch, everything our kids, friends, elderly family, hell our pets, all of our 'food' is genetically altered with these so called good growth hormones and toxins you speak of in your post. By any chance did you ever watch the movie 'The Informant'? With Matt Damon, he's got a silly mustache in this film..But the movie is based around him, an employee working for the genetically enhanced corn and cornsyrup company during the epidemic of a so called bug in the corn. But besides all that the point I want to make is in his opening statement of the movie. It states, "Everything you eat comes through us, Reality is in the past 50 years you've eat nothing but our product. Ever turn what you're eating over to read the label, anything with corn or corn syrup on the label is us. That's why were so important....You know we now feed our shrimp this genetically modified corn, that shrimp is bigger than ever!" Something along those lines with his silly banter and ranting in that movie. But that always stuck with me and made me think about the real thing and the big picture about acutal companies doing worse. Monsanto. Altering literally everything that comes out of the ground before we can eat it? Didnt Obama help pass a bill about any food grown in intention to distrube has to go through these growth hormone and chemical control places first before they come to us? Only to have added cancer causing preservatives and toxins and hormones that will give your little girls a hairy upper lip. Yep I said it thats my rant on Monsanto. To hide behind the green aspect is despicable because of how they are actually destroying everything green. I trust mother nature to make me my food more than I trust my government. I have been experiencing my own first pandemic of food poisioning lately and to know its going on everywhere scares the heck out of me. Ive said it once but I'll say it again I press for everyone able to, to gorw their own gardens! & to atleast attempt to eat clean! Thank you kn0wh0w for sharing your knowledge, this is more serious than many make it out to be and I hope everyone reads this & opens their eyes! Great Post full of Info & Great Links! Thanks for sharing your knowledge

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ah, my favourite company I love to hate. For anyone who (like me) had no idea just HOW they make GMO's, well, I'll leave this 10 minute clip here that explains it all perfectly and concisely.

Still hungry now?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

sgspecial,
I drink Tazo tea on occasion I acutally have a box in my cabinet as we speak. I love that you called and asked but hate you got that answer! It shows literally how much they touch! They effect everything going into our bodies! geez. Hope my Bigelow or Lipton or Earl Grey doesnt say the same...Oh Hell now Im getting up to go check! lol! Thanks for your post & helpful info!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sgspecial19

From what I've gathered, that "natural flavour" is derived from corn.

Since about 85% of the corn grown in the US is GMO, you can rest assured (or not) that your "healthy tea" now has a genetically modified ingredient just waiting to be slurped down into your gullet.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

Thank you kn0wh0w for sharing your knowledge, this is more serious than many make it out to be and I hope everyone reads this & opens their eyes! Great Post full of Info & Great Links! Thanks for sharing your knowledge

you're most welcome.
except it's not my knowledge.

i'm just dissemating the findings of other people.

doesn't make this topic any less important though.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Another documentary focusing on the supposed danger of GMOs,

not the TRUE danger of Pesticide.

Once again here are my links, THE USA government knowns that Pesticide:

Causes Cancer
Causes CCD
is ruining the worlds ecological systems

Government Source #1 on Pesticide and CCD

Government Source 2 on Euro ban of Pesticide, because it causes CCD!

^ both .Gov sites that support my argument.

Get on your soap boxes and spread the word

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

GMO'S and peticides aren't the same.

Toxicity of pesticides has indeed been proven.

But pesticides are used on both GMO and non GMO food.

new topics

top topics

join