It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama poised to win with a massive majority in 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by beezzer

I hope that mittens or poodles or whomever gets in is better.

That's the sentiment that has let the elite win again and again. The false hope that another control bankster puppet would make things better. IT WON'T.

Time to face that fact and waste our time with false hope...

/just saying

There is one issue that I am most concerned about.
Obama's healthcare law.
As long as that gets repealed, shot down, thrown away, discarded. . .

Then we can work on the Patriot Act, SOPA, the deficit, illegal immigration, and the cancelation of Battlestar Galactica. (Yes, I'm still upset about that!)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
So... using the New York Times 2008 Election Results map and the information provided at the OP's link I created a rough expectation of what the 2012 Election Results map will look like. Enjoy.

(Click for full size)

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Vitchilo

There won't be a war with Iran.
Unemployment will still be high.
The economy will still be stagnant.
Obama will just have one term.
The grass is green.
The sky is blue.

Well said. Add to that the very HIGH price of gasoline this year!

It's hard to see Obama poised to win with a massive majority if the price of gas is $7 a

gallon.

I can hear Americans now. Obama KILLED the Keystone Pipeline?!!!

That would have created 20,000 jobs and forced the speculators to bring down the

price of gas!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You seriously still believe in the left right bunch of bull?

Or you seriously still think that the president has any real power? Romney is funded by the same exact people that Obama was.

Plus Romney said that he would have signed the NDAA bill too.....so...yeah...so much better.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I feel that there maybe a war with Iran only if Obama's numbers are hurting. For some strange reason Americans love their President right after they start a conflict, especially if the media endorses it. Just my opinion but I'm afraid its not that far off of reality.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Great Work, but I think that makes a lot of assumptions both in the OP chart, and your map.

People are assuming the voter turnout will be similar to 2008, which it won't. People are assuming Republican Voters will vote Republican, which many won't. People are assuming Independent Voters will eventually transition their votes right or left to one of the existing parties, which is only partially true.

Here is my prediction.

Many Independent Voters will vote for Paul, Johnson, or a Write-In, and many will just refuse to vote, or vote for Obama out of Spite over the Republican fiasco.

The Republican voter turnout will be at a record low. It will be lower than the Clinton years. People will not show up to vote Republican, because they don't support the candidate, they don't think they can beat Obama, and they don't think the vote is fair anyway. So, the Republican turnout will be flacid.

The Democrat turnout will be HUGE. Obama still knows how to campaign, and raise funds, and rally his troops! The minority communities will be running busloads of people to the polls, the music industry will be pushing the voter campaigns, the ACLU and other leftest organizations will be registering new voters. The Democrats will turnout in mass! And, many of those Democrats are unhappy with Obama, and they are susceptible to being swayed by a Libertarian like Paul or Johnson, or even Huntsman, but they will not support a Romney, Gingrich, nor Santorum. SO, those votes all go to Obama.

Personally, I think Obama will get greater than 60% of the popular vote. I think an independent like Paul or Johnson is going to pull close to 10%, and I think the Republicans are going to be embarrassed and have to do a total overhaul before 2016 when Huntsman will be the clear frontrunner.

BUT, I think before 2016 ever arrives, the country will face a major domestic crisis, because the people will not tolerate the results of this election cycle and the economy has not recovered, and we are on the path to Greece and Libya-like upheavals.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

If gas prices do skyrocket I think it is safe to say Iran will get the blame. Just another weapon the machine has to form public opinion.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Obama poised to win with a massive majority in 2012

BITE YOUR TONGUE! You really think Americans are that stupid? Well ... maybe. Afterall, they did vote him in the first time. But like the saying goes ... Fool me once, shame on you. Food me twice .. shame on me. A second Obama term would be shame on us all. BAAAH

Side note .... 'Yahoo scientists'???
Any chance that the yahoo machine donated to the obama campaign?
I googled .. didn't see anything ...

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

If gas prices do skyrocket I think it is safe to say Iran will get the blame. Just another weapon the machine has to form public opinion.

The price of gas always goes up in the summer.

As the price goes up Obamas approval will go down.

The question will be asked "Why did Obama kill the Keystone Pipeline?"

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

The price of gas always goes up in the summer.

As the price goes up Obamas approval will go down.

The question will be asked "Why did Obama kill the Keystone Pipeline?"

Gas prices also tend to drop the weeks prior to the election. No one will be asking about the Keystone Pipeline if an Iranian sub were to appear off the coast of New York.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that Obama will get re-elected. It only makes sense that he will. I know many here are against obama, but most of the population sees obama as cleaning up the mess bush left behind. Obama tells the sheep exactly what they want to hear, and they will vote him back into office.

Even if Obama doesn't win, it doesn't matter who wins. Do you really think we have a choice in who leads us? We don't, its an illusion given to us to make us think that we have a choice. Even if Ron Paul were to win, everything he would try to accomplish would get so far into debates in washington that nothing would be passed. So even though Ron Paul may have good intentions, its all an illusion. We have no choice, because the president of the united states is only a pawn in this giant game of chess. There are many bishops knights rooks, a queen and a king far above him. If you want to look at who has the real power, follow the money back to where it originates from. Who controls the banks, the oil, and the worlds resources at the very top? The morgans, the rockefellers and the rothschilds, among other super rich families. They are the ones with the real power to change anything they want, because in this system, money is the only thing that matters. When you have enough money, you can buy anything or anyone and change things as you see fit. And that is the sad reality.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
You know, you'd think that with all of the complaints and whining we hear about Obama these days, people would be smart enough to turn around and vote for someone else.

Are we just blind, or what?

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If Paul is elected nominee I will vote for him in the general elections. However, if any of the other Republican candidates are elected by vote will go to Obama. After which I'll be leaving the Republican party forever.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
reply to post by beezzer

I feel that there maybe a war with Iran only if Obama's numbers are hurting. For some strange reason Americans love their President right after they start a conflict, especially if the media endorses it. Just my opinion but I'm afraid its not that far off of reality.

Yeah, but. . . . .

We're 10 years into Middle East wars. People are tired. Hell, I'm tired. I don't think it'd have the same impact.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by beezzer

You seriously still believe in the left right bunch of bull?

Or you seriously still think that the president has any real power? Romney is funded by the same exact people that Obama was.

Plus Romney said that he would have signed the NDAA bill too.....so...yeah...so much better.

Not so much left/right as much as right/wrong.

And yes, presidents still have power. Just look at all the unpopular things Obama has gotten through just through executive orders and mandates.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's quite simply a numbers game at this point.

This member sums it up:

Originally posted by Flatfish
IMO, the GOP has basically written off the women's vote in the next election along with that of the poor, the seniors and minorities, as well as the gay & lesbian community. They have fundamentally limited themselves to the support of the Christian right wing ideologues and I seriously doubt that their support will be sufficient to secure a win in the next election.

Throw in white avowed democrats and a majority of the independents and it's a done deal, statistically speaking.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Obama killed a pipeline just to watch it die. (nod to Jonny Cash)

But he also "killed" Bin Laden, so maybe he's on a roll.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
It's quite simply a numbers game at this point.

This member sums it up:

Originally posted by Flatfish
IMO, the GOP has basically written off the women's vote in the next election along with that of the poor, the seniors and minorities, as well as the gay & lesbian community. They have fundamentally limited themselves to the support of the Christian right wing ideologues and I seriously doubt that their support will be sufficient to secure a win in the next election.

Throw in white avowed democrats and a majority of the independents and it's a done deal, statistically speaking.

Catholics account for 23 - 33% of voters. Obama shouldn't be sizing curtains in the West Wing just yet.
(I'll try to find the source)
edit on 17-2-2012 by beezzer because: quick googe search

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

That is assuming a Romney or Santorum nomination.

The Republican Party, on a personal level is not what the poster you quoted makes it out to be, but the Republican establishment seems to think it is, and therein lies the problem.

There are plenty of Republicans, like myself, that are quite liberal in many, many areas. In fact, we don't even consider them to be liberal ideas, to us, they are conservative, because they mean less government. Many of us believe in getting rid of mandatory sentencing, and 3 strike laws. Many of us believe in doing away with jailtime for drug crimes, and other currently illegal activities.

To a true Conservative, religion doesn't play into the thought-process, only the size, scope, and role of government plays into the thought-process. In fact, if someone were extremely religious, they should realize the church exists precisely because those things are NOT within the role of the government!

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Maybe, but (gasp!) there are Catholics who vote along more liberal lines...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join