It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA allow the children to eat rats.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

In other news...

BBC to issue global apology for documentaries that broke rules Independent revealed programmes were made by third-party in pay of governments and firms

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 15/2/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

What is this? Is this to insinuate that this is false information. I have read what you have provided and it is very specific as to the charges.

This is irrelevant to the child eating the rat. You will moderate yourself as you moderate all others. You will not? You are of no worth to your position of moderation. I accept this addition to your post as an attempt to deliberately offer the idea of fallacy regarding this child having to eat the rat.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
irrelevant...
edit on 15-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: Because Chicken Foot Sammy

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

I totally agree with this, and also am in a similar situation. However, the thing that is hardest for people is what is needed.

We need to realize that the leaders want this system this way and will not change it.

In the world, overall, with all of the donations, an incredible amount of money to solve world problems with, 10 years of donations should have ended all of the worlds poverty, provided clean energy, water desalination, and food, education. I mean this could all be done by volunteering without money even except for land/taxes and some equipment.

They don't want to solve it and instead prop up corruption everywhere, they serve demonic beings.

So, people have to actually band together, locally in every region. Form councils that watchdog and play hard ball with local, regional and national leaders, media, etc.

They need to get really smart and determine the list of needed products and services, and then pool up and set up their own businesses and services, pooling resources and pairing off with handicapped, and homeless, getting land donations and yurts going.

We need to give a voice a radio and our own news media for everyone including the homeless.

This should have always been done.

In other words, they aren't going to do it, we have to.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by emberscott

Was the rat cooked? I doubt that. If the child had to eat the rat because of poverty. The child is too impoverished to have the rat properly prepared for a meal.

It doesn't look too expensive to kill and properly prepare rats for consumption here:

Part 1: kill and prepare cooking rats ( part 2,3,4,5 in the description)

reply to post by emberscott

Ya, we feed rats to our famous rich adults, too. (caution, some puking in this video)

Where are your priorities usa?

1) Eating rats.
2) Everything else.

Sleep tight!

✌☮

edit on 15-2-2012 by ILikeStars because: ✌☮ Obama 2012

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Oh I know. They stay in power by dividing us, and keeping us fighting. Giving to one group, taking away from another, so we focus on that. Education is dumbed down, so people do not even question anything.
Soon there will be no generations that remember what was fought for and it will no longer be taught.

They want us dependent on THEM. That is why they are making laws where you can not grow a certain amount of food, or have cows with milk that is not pasteurized. They take one case of where something went wrong and
use it in the name of safety to take away our freedom.

Then they teach kids not to listen to your parents because their ideas are old. We are being taken down from within, and so many people are cheering on their own slavery. It is just insane. These guys are the real rats.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I read this and look back on my life and though it was very bad, we at no point, ever, ate rats. Where I come from its common to eat rabbit or deer during hunting season but rat? I suppose it is ok in some parts of the world but just the idea that a child is pushed to this extreme is very aggravating. I agree though, the system is broken. I have seen it firsthand being my parents never really acted like parents. When it came to the raising part they didn’t do a good job. We had food stamps growing up, but even at a young age I was forced into giving up birthday and christmas money from family members ‘to put food on the table’ and constantly told of how we didn’t have the money to pay bills. When I was older I found out it was because my parents were both drug addicts and the food on the table was really just a way to guilt me into giving them my money so they could buy more drugs (Or actually pay bills because they already spent the money on drugs.)

They didn’t pay bills often though and they were always behind. Couple that with a very abusive father. Growing up, the worst part about it was we were homeschooled for years, no one to turn to for help. My parents, when they did get food spent most of the money on snacks, soda and what not. My mother became very lazy and often it was fend for yourself food time and if my dad ever saw any of us eating it was all out war. “Did you ask to eat? Who told you you could eat anything? Your to fat you don’t need food. Go buy your own food if your so hungry. Etc..” ( I was 13) She did make suppers because my father would rage if he didn’t have food ready when he came home from his job. But I always remember the daily “we need help, we are soo broke, I don’t know we will make it this week” lectures.

Turns out it didn’t matter there was no one to turn to, they were reported to child services but nothing was done. When I was allowed to go to school the councilors knew how bad it was, they did nothing even though I had asked. I was kicked out often from 14 till permanently at 18, and I had no real world knowledge. Trying to get food stamps and a job just to survive and in the county I lived in I got nothing but a cold shoulder. It was so frusterating and I didn't understand how I couldn't get any help. Finally, I ended up working at a local meat factory, where they hired immigrants from Somalia as well and I was able to get on my feet a little. Then come to find out the somalians got paid half of what us US citizens did and the government paid for the other part of their paychecks somehow. They got full food stamps and most had brand new cars or they bragged about saving all the money up so they could go back to their country and live wealthy. After everything I had gone through, when I really needed help and I couldn’t get it... yet they did and they really did not need it…. Not saying it was just somalians that abused the system, but it is one case in my point.

Yea the system has some major flaws. I think case workers and social workers need to evaluate and investigate how people actually live who are recieveing government assistance. They should watch what people by with food stamps, you can’t be that hard up if all you’re buying is soda pop and sweets and you have a brand new car sitting out front. It also really does come down to parenting, and I get the system is overcrowded with foster children as is and people deserve their privacy, but that should be no reason to leave a child in that type of situation. And if your so bad off you need to go to the government for help, they should know why they are helping you and what is going on with your finances.

Weed out all the abuse, save possibly millions in tax dollars and get help to those who really do absolutely need it. Save children from being pushed to those extremes. Things need to be fixed.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
humm...i don't know about this report..I have a "friend" that has a link card. They are a family of 5 and get 800 bucks a month on that card. That's a lot of groceries! We are a family of 4 and spend about 600 bucks a month..we don't buy junk and try to purchase whole foods...so what exactly are these people buying that they still don't have enough on their cards at the end of the month to feed their kids?

I think a lot of people need to be educated in budgeting their money and personal responsibility!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
how easy would it be to farm enough food for the whole population??

or better yet, teach ALL citizens how to properly grow their own foods, and what's healthy etc...

the way the whole country is designed, it seems obvious they just want to drole out everyone's lives until we die and make room for the next set of idiots who can't be self-sufficient, or have enough backbone to tell the govt to screw off when it needs to.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I grew up poor in the USA, and I have never even heard of a person forcing a kid to eat a rat.

But if they are similar in taste to squirrels, then it's probably not that bad of a meal.

Is "the rats" not meat?
Is "the rats" not protein?
Is "the rats" not keeping that child alive?

This thread makes no sense...

Food is food.
edit on 15-2-2012 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2012 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
God help us all - while they bale the Banks out 48% of Americans are on food stamps and people resort to saying it's a good Country because you can get food stamps. Yes, thank God you can get food stamps as many third world Countries don't have any safety net at all and sift through rubbish heaps to scrape a living. Or their children are forced into Prostitution to feed the family.

Similar stories are coming out of Greece too and it won't be long before others in Europe fall to the same fate.

The gap between the Western World and the Third World is closing fast while Wars rage across the Planet and American Children end up eating Rats - No matter what the cause is - no matter who is at fault here and reading some of your posts it sounds like the so called Safety Net has some really big holes in it and nobody is bothering to mend those holes.

But you know what I find more frightening and horrifying than the child eating the rat is how divided everyone is - Ordinary people who come to a site like this - always trying to get to the bottom of the many issues confronted here to find out what is behind it - can't see the obvious.

As already pointed out by another member - while we're fighting with each other and blaming each other - our eyes and ears are focused on each other and not on those who are inflicting this upon us all - IN EVERY COUNTRY - so nobody is there to stop the child eating rat or the child forced into prostitution or the child in some forgotten land who picks seeds from the ground because he/she is an orphan or the child drinking dirty water and I could go on and on - I'm sure you could all add to the list - and this has happened throughout the world for centuries;

But now because reality is hitting the Western World - hitting the middle classes who once walked past the poor in disgust only to find themselves threatened with the same fate now. Now we have a slight and I mean slight understanding of what it means to be poor.

Unfortunately we have a way to go yet before true abject poverty rears it's ugly head - you think you know hunger do you - no none of you do - even the child eating the rat. When you've gone a week without food and the next week you know will bring no relief and you resort to stealing just to stop yourself from fainting - then you know hunger.

Perhaps then people of different nations will come together as the ordinary people they are. Perhaps then our basic needs will be seen as equal no matter what religion, culture, colour and stop fighting with each other.
And don't give me the # about - it's our Governments that send us to fight. Don't give me all that proud Patriot spouting - every Country can make the same claims. IT'S NOT THE GOVERNMENT OUT THERE IN THE TRENCHES It's YOU.

Please for the sake of all of us - come together and FIND A WAY!

I'm too old now - but many of you are intelligent and astute - come together and listen to each other - God gave us two ears and only one mouth for good reason.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I disagree with the poster that implied there was no reason for children to go hungry in the US.

I know a lot of poor children and no, the resources are NOT always there.
Yes, there are food stamps but they only go so far- food has been going up but there's no raise in food stamps- and when you don't have access to cooking facilities, and you have to buy ready to eat, they go quick.

I will tell you about a set I know.The family is all broken up, I can't figure it out, but there's a mom and dad who are divorced and remarried- each to several different people- each marriage producing 1 or 2 kids. So the kids - there's a lot of them thrown in the mix. In either household, about 4 underage kids. 2 teens, 2 growing kids. Then older teens, 18, in each household- who can't find work and no money for college, so still living at home.

Ok, so the dad- he was making 50k or so a year and lost his job. They fired him on some technicality rather than lay him off, so no unemployment though he'd worked there 12 years or so, making about 50k per year. He's a mechanic.

They used all their savings just paying for the house and living- tight. No tv, internet, phone. Food stamps gave them 400.xx a month to feed 6 people. 3 adults, 2 teens- 18, 13,12 year old, and a baby.

After over a year, the mom and dad found work- as janitors making 1k a month to clean this place up on 2nd shift. That's for both of them, and it is contract work, which means taxes will cut out of that at the end of the year. The 18 year old got a part time job at a burger joint but can't drive b/c no car and can't afford insurance.

The girl, 12, tells me that food stamps just don't go far enough. She tells me that no one ever gets more than one serving and they run out at the end of the month. It is better now of course that they have the 1400 or so coming in, but the mortgage and bills take that.

This family is struggling and working. The school lunches leave a growing teen very hungry.

My family has taken to watching the kids off the buss and feeding them after school and often they stay until 10pm or so.

Recently, they started bringing other kids with them. Now, my family is not rich, we are making less than 18k now ourselves, but we used to make more and I stockpiled then and we have 2 greenhouses- and that's helped- but I cook from scratch and garden and have chickens and really- that's a form of food wealth that is very important to us.

These kids will stuff their pockets full of food to take home.

Now, I don't much care for their parents- they aren't really my kind of people- but they aren't lazy.

-----------------------------
I went to a flea market this morning and a young woman was there with her husband selling all his old video games and nice clothes. I had heard her tell him back behind the van to bargain with people b/c they need the money. She had a 13 day old baby there. They were barely kids themselves.

I bought some clothes from them that won't even fit. I'll cut them up and use them for wicks in my self watering planters. Said a prayer that baby doesn't catch a cold around all those folks in that cold weather.

I don't believe in blaming people all the time or yelling lazy, no good.

I can find - if I look- blame with everyone, myself included. Sometimes I am lazy, sometimes I've made horrid decisions. I'm not even Christian but when Christ said let he among you without sin cast the first rock, he was saying something major there, wise words that should be listened to but that don't seem to be anymore.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Please...rats would be considered health food compared to half of the stuff bought sold and digested as FOOD. It is the long list of chemicals, sugars and artificial ingredients that will kill Americans. I steady diet of rat would not be as bad nor kill anyone as long as it was mixed with some beans and rice and the vegetables and grains people NEED TO SURVIVE. The essential ingredients of natural food is removed and sold as vitamins. Those essential ingredients are replaced with man made synthetic substitutes (everybody make a profit this way) and not only are they inferior, man cannot replicate them exactly and so the small unnoticeable component missing is the most essential and we still can't figure out why we are undernourished and dying.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

This could really help the US economy.

I like that America is moving towards rat meat as a part of their diets. It makes alot of sense. America cannot continue to borrow money forever and must look to stimulate the economy with new idea's. Rat meat could turn into an important industry for Americans and could ensure that the country has sufficient food supplies as the economy continues to worsen.

Breeding rats for food seems like a logical way forward for America in many ways.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Its so uplifting to hear your story of helping out that family. I hope you're able to continue in the weeks to come.

You don't have to be religious to act in Christian ways and help your fellow man - but I think the biggest and most important thing here in your story is how NON judgmental you are being - many people find this very difficult and need to drop the Ego because they never know what's just around the corner.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Why am I supposed to care about people like that? Seriously.. I pay thousands upon thousands of dollars in taxes every year and I get people telling me tax dollars should go to support ignorant bastards like that? To what end? They can eat rats for all I care. I'm sure they all have enough money for a few cases of beer, packs of smokes and cable TV.

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Char-Lee

There have ALWAYS been poor, even in the USA.

So this makes it justified for the child to eat the rat in the usa?

Your life story. Other bad people. Drugs alcohol.

So you suffered and endured. Now it must be the new children to suffer and endure eating the rat.You foster well
You cannot blame the others.

Why? I will quote you.

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This is what should have been done instead [---->we

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

LOL this video is the worst propaganda I have ever seen. There is NO ONE starving in the USA. Unless the parent is neglecting the kid, but that is where CPS comes in.

If you make less than 11,000$ a year you can get on food stamps with NO problem. No one is eating rats..I'M FROM CLEVELAND I KNOW ALL ABOUT POOR PEOPLE. Cleveland is Detroit jr. for all the ones that don't know.

There are so many food pantries on top of the food stamps. Plus if you are pregnant there is WIC, that GIVES you food and diapers. If you have underage children you can get MONEY just for them being alive if you are poor.

So that is
1.WIC (free formula, diapers, and doctor vists)
2.Food stamps (Hundreds of dollars per each kid + adults)
3.Welfare(Free money if you have kids, LOW income housing, reduced utilities, and on and on)

edit on 16-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

In other news...

BBC to issue global apology for documentaries that broke rules Independent revealed programmes were made by third-party in pay of governments and firms

www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 15/2/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

What is this? Is this to insinuate that this is false information. I have read what you have provided and it is very specific as to the charges.

This is irrelevant to the child eating the rat. You will moderate yourself as you moderate all others. You will not? You are of no worth to your position of moderation. I accept this addition to your post as an attempt to deliberately offer the idea of fallacy regarding this child having to eat the rat.

EXCUSE ME...you need to re-listen to the video..the kid did not eat a rat...her MOM ate a Rat once! as far as we know it was because she was trying exotic foods! the tubby boy went to bed hungry he said ONCE! Sot his adds to American kids are forced to eat rats huh wow!!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Rat doesnt taste that much different than "tree rat" aka squirrel, depending on what its been eating. And Id wager its WAY more nutritious than say a school lunch chicken nugget. What say you to the families that get fresh roadkill deer from the sheriff? Is that a horrible situation if the kids set down to venison stew? I dont begrudge your point that the US isnt maintaining its citizens, but the other side of the coin is a lot of people are just too damn lazy or apathetic to even raise a garden, sprout some beans etc. They want what the Jones have, even if the Jones make 300k a year and they make 20k. The world is not fair or equal...deal with it. And as far as wild game as food goes, it truly amuses me the amount of people that will turn their nose at a deer steak or roast rabbit yet think venison or hare at a restruant is classy and upscale. We live in a world of morons.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join