It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney plotted false flag terror to provoke war with Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Pulitzer Prize-winning New Yorker journalist Seymour Hersh claims former vice president Dick Cheney plotted several false flag attacks aimed at blaming Iran so the United States could go to war with Iran.

kir on Jul 31, 2008 at 1:16 pm Speaking at the Campus Progress journalism conference earlier this month, Seymour Hersh — a Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist for The New Yorker — revealed that Bush administration officials held a meeting recently in the Vice President’s office to discuss ways to provoke a war with Iran. In Hersh’s most recent article, he reports that this meeting occurred in the wake of the overblown incident in the Strait of Hormuz, when a U.S. carrier almost shot at a few small Iranian speedboats. The “meeting took place in the Vice-President’s office. ‘The subject was how to create a casus belli between Tehran and Washington,’” according to one of Hersh’s sources.

There was a dozen ideas proffered about how to trigger a war. The one that interested me the most was why don’t we build — we in our shipyard — build four or five boats that look like Iranian PT boats. Put Navy seals on them with a lot of arms. And next time one of our boats goes to the Straits of Hormuz, start a shoot-up.

source

The more I read about how the US Government operates, with the Gulf of Tonkin, Operation Northwoods, 9/11, the supposed WMDs in Iraq etc, it seems to me that false flag operations are as American as apple pie.
edit on 14-2-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i think you would be wise to consider it a great possibility. i think it's coming to an end soon though, far too many people are waking up to the fact that they have not our best interests in mind, but more so of their own.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Myself and many others have believed this since the beginning. But fear is a powerful --and blinding-- motivator for many, and Cheney et al were counting on that. Played them all like a violin.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

People have to be blind to not see that Bush Jr's agenda was to finish the war daddy never could!!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Right according to the playbook: Brookings Institution document on Iran - the next false flag outlined in policy recommendations, (a thread I posted back in 2009 based on a real policy recommendations report given to Congress and the President).

Excerpt:

For example, if Iran retaliated with a major terrorist attack that killed large numbers of people or a terrorist attack involving WMDs—especially on U.S. soil—Washington might decide that an invasion was the only way to deal with such a dangerous Iranian regime. Indeed, for this same reason, efforts to promote regime change in Iran might be intended by the U.S. government as deliberate provocations to try to goad the Iranians into an excessive response that might then justify an American invasion.

edit on 14/2/2012 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Sometimes a corrupt country can do limitless evil even when they appear at peace. They can finance global terrorism. When it's found out that a country is doing this kind of thing, one of the only reasonable options we have is to use a false flag to bring the battle out into the open. I don't think there's anything wrong with throwing a false flag in the Iranian situation.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
How about the suitcase nukes Cheney and Bush tried to blow up at the oil refineries in Galveston Bay on two consecutive Easter Sundays.....

It would have served two purposes:
a) A false flag for an excuse to turn Iran into an ashtray
b) To get the refineries modernized, which they needed, at taxpayer's expense.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnificient

Sometimes a corrupt country can do limitless evil even when they appear at peace. They can finance global terrorism. When it's found out that a country is doing this kind of thing, one of the only reasonable options we have is to use a false flag to bring the battle out into the open. I don't think there's anything wrong with throwing a false flag in the Iranian situation.

It's really, very hard to know which country(ies) you're talking about here - each statement could apply to Israel, Iran or the U.S. None are less corrupt, none are blameless. What a shame.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I went to cool off a bit before I responded to this. It is this attitude of acceptance that got us here. There is never a justification for a false flag. If you can not present open evidence to justify your actions to your own people then you dont need to be in power. I hope for your sake that the false flag is not a fake bomb in your hometown, with your family and friends.
edit on 14-2-2012 by David134 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Sometimes a corrupt country can do limitless evil even when they appear at peace. They can finance global terrorism.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the United States.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SimontheMagus

Do you have any sources for?:
Cheney and Bush tried to blow up at the oil refineries in Galveston Bay on two consecutive Easter Sundays

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think you better have posted in US political madness.

But , no.

US Madness is everywhere.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Its a sure bet the false flag option is" on the table" so to speak.............Let us not forget the barksdale nukes and the fact the first reports said six and later said five.....
I thinks it likely there were the six myself....seems an even number would fly better under the wings maybe?
Just think, a nucklear crooze missile all your own.....what would you do with it?
Highjack the world for ransome by the look of it......
One helluva boom comming soon somewhere, after that all bets are off.............

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
My very first thread the other day had a section
where I made a prediction that Cheney would attack
Obama in a false flag scenario .
I speculated he'd use Blackwater Team 6 or Xe' Team 11.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I am sorry but what Navy Seal or sailor is going to attack a U.S. Navy ship knowing their ass will suddenly be blown out of the water?

Semore is beyond stupid to come up with this crap.

You will NEVER EVER get a U.S. Sailor to attack another U.S. Sailor or ship this way. I don't care if Obama was on the boat screaming in the Captains ear. The Captain would turn on the bridge cameras and have his XO pull his side arm, shoot him in the head for Treason.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
i think you would be wise to consider it a great possibility. i think it's coming to an end soon though, far too many people are waking up to the fact that they have not our best interests in mind, but more so of their own.

I know in my gut you are right. In spite of purely evil men in positions of power, it's a simple matter of numbers. People are waking up in numbers far greater than any easily dismissed fringe.

Once we hit a critical mass, it will be part of the collective understanding. Denial of the obvious shall become impossible for even the most timid. Individuals dedicated to evil will become self evident.

The Hopi have stated with certainty that we have crossed the line into the World of the One Heart. 2012 will go down in history as the year of transition

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It's a horrible thought that phycopaths end up in positions of power......but we keep electing them.
We get what we deserve.
brice

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
no kidding? the americans only invaded iraq and afghanistan, which border iran...its part of the game plan just like libya was and syria is currently. one by one. they needed to take them out that way so that they couldn't create a de-facto alliance against american hegemony. they still don't have all the necessary intel or resources to carry out the operation because of the SCO, they are trying to break them apart slowly through syria.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Also..
CFR's Hart Suggests False Flag Event For Iran War

Council on Foreign Relations member Gary Hart, famed for stating that Americans will die en- mass on home soil this century, and for declaring 48 hours after 9/11 that it should be used "to carry out a new world order", has written a scathing letter to the leaders of Iran clearly warning that the U.S. government has a history of staging provocations in order to initiate conflict with other nations and that Iran could be next.

Hart references the sinking of the USS Maine in Havana harbor in 1898, which led to the Spanish American war, as well as the Gulf of Tonkin incident, which was ultimately the catalyst for airstrikes on Vietnam.

As always, telling it before they do it.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Take over the world with one little word " terrorist " that was their plan

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join