It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Poll Finds 20% Of Republicans May Vote For Obama; 52 Percent find GOP house too EXTREME

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

"their policies are sound".

I just threw up.

You can't be serious about those war mongering homophobes.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
reply to post by Grimpachi

I agree about Romney. So what is wrong with Santorum or Gingrich aside from you dislike them as people? Their policies are sound. You know that Obama is disarming the country and has the full support of the banks? I guess that since you identify more with liberals that explains it.. but it sounds to me you were never Republican to begin with.

Gingrich tries to run on family values but he has none. How can anyone trust someone like that?

Santorum is a disgusting person. I do not have a problem with gay people but he obviously does.
When I was in the military it was don't ask don't tell and we knew some soldiers were homosexual but they serve their country just the same in fact one saved my life so I will speak in their defense.

I was a Republican when Republicans still believed in staying out of people's business. But it sounds like you like to judge people as a liberal or Republican and there is no middle ground. The Republican Party used be a whole lot different than it is now.

The whole party seems to be rife with corruption and deception, they are running the nastiest campaign I have ever seen. The allegations of voter tampering seem to be true so I guess I would rather be labeled a liberal than be part of that.

If I had my way only those who have served their country would qualify to run the country that would include all of Washington Senators and Congressman because it seems to be old and privileged men who are deciding the fate of our soldiers. I think that things would be very different if those in power had once served as a soldier.
But hay that is only my opinion.
edit on 15-2-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think many Republicans are waking up to the fact that limiting citizen rights (homosexuals) is doing nothing to help the economy, or is a joke of a issue when the country faces so many issues. The far right has been preaching against gay marriage, abortion, and illegal immigration, yet when they controlled the country they did nothing about abortion, nothing about immigration. They wish to limit freedoms based on there moral convictions, and they wish to legislate based on there faith......

How does a platform like this appeal to the general population? After Obama was first elected the well funded and organized corporate puppet the tea party rose up and promised a right wing wet dream if only you show up and vote for them. They have proven in congress that party line and politics means more than fixing what is wrong with America, and most of America doesn't agree with the tea party or the republican stance on almost any issue.

The republican party is waning in popularity because it caters to the right wing, the moderates and liberal republicans need to retake there party while they still have a party to take back.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The GOP is caving big time. I think they know they screwed up immensely....all the polls I've been reading show them in decline. Obama is beating all GOP contenders...the House controlled GOP has the lowest approval rating in history. The also screwed up immensely with the contraception debate as it makes them look like archaic, old white men. Their version of the "tea party" has failed....they know it.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
When the U.S House is the last refuge of scoundrels, can you really blame Republican voters?

Then again, this is a party where voters have always supported candidates that were not in their best interest.

I would suggest not voting at all. You can't be blamed and you won't have anything to complain about.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The Republican party is dying. The Democratic party is going to rule the US in elections because they are simply buying votes by increasing welfare. Simply strategy for them, get half the country depending on welfare and you are pretty much guaranteeing them to vote for the party who gives them handouts. Short term, its great for lazy people, the long term it will cause the US to collapse.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

The welfare increases is related to the destruction of jobs since 2007 when right wingers were running the show, it will take at least a decade to repair the damage, it would have taken less time to fix the problems if the tea party would not have been elected.

IMO

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

More hot air and ignorant lies.

Come on, Republican voters. Show us more of that faulty logic and ignorance that you're known for!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

The Democratic party is going to rule the US in elections because they are simply buying votes by increasing welfare. Simply strategy for them, get half the country depending on welfare and you are pretty much guaranteeing them to vote for the party who gives them handouts. Short term, its great for lazy people, the long term it will cause the US to collapse.

I bet there were plenty out there who said the same thing after FDR was elected...and Eisenhower....that the US would collapse.

But that didn't happen...instead the greatest middle class in the history of the world rose up from the mess that was the Great Depression. When you bet on workers and the vast people of this country...you will always win.

edit on 15-2-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

You can blame the increasing welfare state on whatever you want. Regardless if you think welfare is good or bad, the FACT is it cannot be sustained.

You can call me niave, or full of hot air, or whatever, but when you find yourself in a country where half the population is collecting some sort of welfare that is endorsed by the Dems, and denounced by the Repugs, how do you expect the Republicans to ever win an election again when over have the voters are hands down going to support the party who feeds them?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Times have changed since FDR's New Deal. Back then people actually took pride in working. Now we have a generation of lazy people who want something for nothing. People who aren't scared to work are a dying breed. Lazyness and wanting something for nothing will destroy the US.

We need a revolution before the US destroys itself.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
When the U.S House is the last refuge of scoundrels, can you really blame Republican voters?

Then again, this is a party where voters have always supported candidates that were not in their best interest.

I would suggest not voting at all. You can't be blamed and you won't have anything to complain about.

I will always vote our forefathers fought, sacrificed, and died so that we could have a say in our country. It is not only my right but it is a honor and at the very least it is my obligation to my country.

Many politicians do not want you to vote because that is a threat to their power. I have been raised to believe that if you do not vote you do not have a right to complain.

Our country asks so little from us but it does ask us to have our voice heard. Being the great country that it is, it is still just a request.

I leave next week to spend the next few months in Costa Rica it is yet another democracy albeit flawed like ours there is one thing I like about their elections more than ours. That one thing is, it is the law that everyone vote.

I wish we had something like that. On the other end of the spectrum I wish that we as a people, or should I say each person should earn the right to vote by either serving their country in the military or serving their country through organizations such as the Peace Corps. I think if people had given something of themselves, three or four years of their life in service to their country they would cherish the right to vote.

As it is now the only prerequisite for voting is being 18 years of age and not being a career criminal. When you think about what our forefathers gave us through their sacrifice to be able to vote I find it shameful that there are those who would encourage others not to give that miniscule part of themselves to this great country. There are people in countries around the world lining up to come to America and be a part of this Republic and participate in our democracy.

J.F.K. once said ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.
I wish this nation would live by that. Politicians especially. We have fallen so very far but it is not so far that we cannot come back.

You can call me a Republican you can call me a Democrat you can call me a liberal but I am still a patriot.

edit on 15-2-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I agree that the GOP is blatantly corrupt to the core...I've never been involved in politics more than I have been in this GOP race and I'm blown away at the level of corruption/fraud etc..

Let's not forget, however, that this corruptoin doesn't just exist in the GOP, it's on both sides of the fence. I was also pretty blown away when I learned what happened with Ralph Nader in 2000. Sure, he ran on the green party ticket, but he appealed very much to the left and wasn't persuaded by the establishments agenda. (sound familiar?) At one point, he was almost arrested outside of the Democratic debates for just merely showing up, when he was invited to show up! He had a lot of celebrity support on the left, but they later sold out to the establishments agenda and mocked him for running for prez, accusing him of single-handedly making Al Gore lose. Pretty incredible.

For anyone doubting that this same corruption exists on the left please take a look at a documentary called "Ralph Nader: An Unreasonable Man". It's avail on netflix. Youtube doesn't have the full movie avail, but here is a short preview:

edit on 15-2-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join