It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashed Cops Shoot Unarmed Woman Motorist To Death For Rolling Up Her Car Window

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
IF he had his arm in her window then he was probably assaulting her and she had every right to flee. But I don't believe this cop for a sec. IF there is one thing cops do best it's lie.
edit on 2/13/2012 by Sparky63 because: added comment

1. When a person is not complying with an officer in a vehicle and trying to flee, the police officers attempt to shut off their cars by either reaching through the window or opening the door and grabbing either the keys or stepping on the break pedal.

That right there states what he could have been doing when his arm got caught in the window.

Nothing there states assault. Where did you hear that he was assaulting her? Or did you just make that up because of your bias towards police officers.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by Plotus

Also, look at the proximity to Washington DC... it's nuts up there, not a place to live or go.

Culpeper is hardly like DC. It's a little town in the middle of nowhere .

You beat me to it. Culpeper isn't even really that close to DC. Heck, I am way closer to DC than Culpeper and we do not see this kind of "Crazy" around here.

On a side note...I saw this story last week on the local news channel and was really surprised to see the story as a topic on ATS this morning.

It's all very sad and disturbing but, I'm glad the story is gaining momentum.

My prayers to the families involved.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by brice
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

It sounds really, really bad.....but lets wait till all the facts are in. Still many questions to be answered. Everyone, even police are innocent until proven guilty.
brice

Yeah..uhm no.

Was this woman innocent until EXECUTED?

By what right does an officer take it upon himself to EXECUTE unarmed civilians? And without any clear cause?

It sickens me when you stand before a Judge, and opposite a Cop, only to have it made very clear to you that the Judge really believes that the Cop is infallible, and any testimony you put before said Judge is weighed against this presumption.

Basically, in this country you are a LIAR to dare contradict the testimony of a Cop.

So even with a god damned witness to testify against the Cop, the Judge will put more weight into the Cop's version of the story, however ridiculous. The Cop could tell the Judge that 50 freaking Ninja jumped out of the old woman's back seat and he had to defend himself, and the Judge would have to believe him, because in the mind of the ignorant Judge, the "system" that they live by breaks down when they cannot trust a Cop.

Cops know this and abuse the system. Sickening.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson. Another great thing would be a police "chest cam". A simple wifi enabled web cam on the chest would add about 5-7 lbs with battery pack. This could be monitored by a safe watch community group (heh, more jobs) and reported apon reasonably quickly.

Just my 2-cents.

Chest cams already exist for the police. They are small (approx. .75" x 1.5") and weigh in at approx. 3 ozs. These cameras can store approx 10 hrs of video with a battery that lasts just as long. The tech is already out their and being used. But its not mandated. I am sure it will be compulsory soon.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Considering vehicles are considered deadly weapons to a majority of police officers, she was not unarmed. What would win, a 2000 lb car or a gun?

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by TreadUpon
reply to post by mbkennel

I dont think a Jeep Wrangler has a "roll up button"? If they do have a power package, none of the folks I know have had one. Most Wranglers are pretty utilitarian models...

Now, if she had to actually roll her window up, imagine how it is even possible to get his arm stuck. This story reeks. If the backlash begins, it will be all our fault.

1. When a person is not complying with an officer in a vehicle and trying to flee, the police officers attempt to shut off their cars by either reaching through the window or opening the door and grabbing either the keys or stepping on the break pedal.

That right there states what he could have been doing when his arm got caught in the window.

If this is what they are trained to do then I can say with certainty that it's the dumbest move I've ever heard of. Trying to shut off a car as they pull of rather than pull your arm away? That's goes even against our rawest instincts. If they run, let them run. It's not like they can't pursue them and then call back up. Anyone reaching in like that is gonna get drug every time.

No matter how much the situation is candy coated the police officer shot and killed the woman in cold blood.

There is no way he could have stepped back and then followed her in his police car? This method sounds way safer than being dragged or filling the car up with lead.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

If the police officers story is true, and he indeed had his arm stuck and dragged, then that is attempted murder of a police officer.

IMHO, he did the right thing. If she already attempted to take the life of the officer, would you really want her driving around? Just imagine how many lives could have been taken by this woman if he had indeed just let her go and started driving after her. People who flee from officers in cars are never safe drivers. I can't tell you how many civilians I have heard of that lost their lives due to a reckless driver fleeing from officers.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Considering vehicles are considered deadly weapons to a majority of police officers, she was not unarmed. What would win, a 2000 lb car or a gun?

A toothpick can be deemed a weapon if used correctly. Her nails on her fingers could also be viewed as a weapon. Still no reason to shoot like he did.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is why I support the death penalty. Some people just can't deal with power!

Ben.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

A toothpick can be deemed a weapon if used correctly. Her nails on her fingers could also be viewed as a weapon. Still no reason to shoot like he did.

Right, because a toothpick is the same as a 2000+ lb vehicle that can go speeds up to 100mph.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

Fleeing for your life because you just got shot isn't that safe either but I'm betting this is exactly what happened to her. He shot her and she was in fight or flight mode.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Why the crap is it ok to publish everyone else's name except for the officer's? It's just not fair at all! We should know who this guy is. I got my name published in the police blotter for playing my guitar too loud, and this guy gets to shoot and kill an unarmed woman and can keep his anonymity?! Nuts to that! If anyone knows his name, please post!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Whatever you say, bro, whatever you say.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I wonder if there was video of the event from the cops car. I think that would answer a lot of questions, primarily if his arm was indeed caught in the window, or if it was on the handle prior to him killing her.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

3. After already attempting to murder the officer using the car, a vehicle is considered a deadly weapon. You can do massive damage with a vehicle, believe me. In this case, he was attempting to stop her from fleeing.

That is such contradiction. Attempting to stop her as she tries to flee in her car by gunning her down. Well he wasn't dragged and he didn't have his hand or arm caught in the window. Kind of hard to be dragged along and fire 6 rounds into the window when the first round would of blown out the window. lol That cops story is complete BS. Looking at the trail of casing on the ground he obviously chased her down and shot her. This isn't justified because he could of ran back to his car and pursued her and done a pit maneuver if needed. He stepped out of line and that is exactly what the jury will say. You have to prove that you had no other choice. He had another peaceful choice to chase her in the cop car, instead he chose to draw his weapon. Nice knowing you cop have a nice life in the pokey.
edit on 13-2-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I didn't say it was the same. I'm giving you an example of what also a weapon can be if you want to consider the car a weapon. You have to be in the cars way for it to be harmful.
You wouldn't be arguing this if that lady was your kin folk. You wouldn't be saying "well mom got what she deserved trying to flee for her life after being shot."

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Um.. you do. You have to take all kinds of strange tests. Including lie detector tests.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

link   

Whatever you say, bro, whatever you say.

I know, it's hard to argue with common sense isn't it.

link   

Well, it looks like the gun won in this round wouldn't you say?

link   

Originally posted by sean

3. After already attempting to murder the officer using the car, a vehicle is considered a deadly weapon. You can do massive damage with a vehicle, believe me. In this case, he was attempting to stop her from fleeing.

That is such contradiction. Attempting to stop her as she tries to flee in her car by gunning her down. Well he wasn't dragged and he didn't have is hand or arm caught in the window. Kind of hard to be dragged along and fire 6 rounds into the window when the first round would blow out the window. lol That cops story is complete BS. Looking at the trail of casing on the ground he obviously chased her down and shot her. This isn't justified because he could of ran back to his car and pursued her and done a pit maneuver if needed. He stepped out of line and that is exactly what the jury will say. You have to prove that you had no other choice. He had another peaceful choice to chase her in the cop car, instead he chose to draw his weapon. Nice knowing you cop have a nice life in the pokey.

If she already attempted to take the life of the officer, would you really want her driving around? Just imagine how many lives could have been taken by this woman if he had indeed just let her go and started driving after her. People who flee from officers in cars are never safe drivers. I can't tell you how many civilians I have heard of that lost their lives due to a reckless driver fleeing from officers.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join