It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity: What's the 'catch'?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Confusion42

Or am I just guaranteed entrance cause I'm a Jew?

The only way to know you have a "guaranteed entrance" to heaven is if you are a perfected saint.
Everyone else has hope, and if they care about going, they will strive for that perfection which can only come through Jesus. How that works exactly for each person is not for me to decide, but I would suggest it begins with believing the words of Jesus as recorded in the Gospels about the Law of Love. I believe that would give a person a certain advantage over the person who has an inclination to ignore warnings and advice of a spiritually inspired nature.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Even a Christian gasping over "mythical gold rule" lol

Ok, I don't want to be mean. I've been reading you guys, so I have a question.

If "love thy neighbor as thyself" is enough to get into heaven, does one have to be a beliefer (according to Christians / you guys) ... to even get into heaven?

So as long as I love my fellow man as myself ; (or more), your believe says I go to heaven, even if I think the Bible is nothing but a good story book?

So does someone like me, "Agnostic" so to say, who has committed no major sins, and loves thy neighbor... does someone like me get to heaven?

Urm, apparently you have NOT been "reading us guys"...
I am NOT a Christain.

As for your question after that misplaced flame, the answer to your question is YES. Someone like you, who is like me (except that I'm not a Jew) will get into "heaven" -- if that's what you want to call it.

The poster with whom I was debating was banned some time ago. So...you really haven't been "reading" me, or you would never have made that statement. KJV1611 was a difficult Bible Thumper. I haven't read the Bible, nor do I belong to any religion. So there. You spoke too soon and assumed.

Ok, I don't want to be mean.

But you were mean anyway.

FAIL.

@NuT: Thanks for pointing out the error to him. ( I think?).
edit on 10-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

One of those above is certainly not a Christian.

But she's much closer to living what the man Jesus taught than KJV1611 will ever be. So, even though I'm sure you intended to word this with a negative aspersion.....
thanks anyway. At least you read my posts.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

One of those above is certainly not a Christian.

But she's much closer to living what the man Jesus taught than KJV1611 will ever be. So, even though I'm sure you intended to word this with a negative aspersion.....
thanks anyway. At least you read my posts.

I didn't mean it negatively at all. The other members was having a jolly old laugh at two Christians fighting each other and I was pointing out that one of you was not a Christian. Nothing more nothing less.

Contrary to popular forum belief I don't eat babies for breakfast every day of the week. Just on Tuesdays.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

The catch is................ it's a lie!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Okay, cool. Don't eat babies. It's wrong.....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Okay, cool. Don't eat babies. It's wrong.....

Since when?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Didn't the bible say "thou shall eat no unclean thing"?

Babies have diapers ye know.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You know, NuT? In a weird way, I love you!
Yeah, babies.. taste like chicken...
but I will refrain from posting Eddie Izzard's comedy routine about that very thing...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I apologize; I suppose I had one too many beers last night :-)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Or am I just guaranteed entrance cause I'm a Jew?

The only way to know you have a "guaranteed entrance" to heaven is if you are a perfected saint.
Everyone else has hope, and if they care about going, they will strive for that perfection which can only come through Jesus. How that works exactly for each person is not for me to decide, but I would suggest it begins with believing the words of Jesus as recorded in the Gospels about the Law of Love. I believe that would give a person a certain advantage over the person who has an inclination to ignore warnings and advice of a spiritually inspired nature.

So let me ask you this.

I will pose three scenario's... Person A, and Person B, and Cat C

(in your opinion) please tell me if they should / would go to heaven, or hell...

Person A - Extremely religious - Follows the Gospels, but has a dark secret and is a child molester.

Person B - Evolutionist, hates religion, but only does good and genuinely loves his fellow man / woman.

Cat C - (in honor of my cat :-) ) - Shows unconditional love, and not because of food.

Where would these two people, and one cat, go after they die, according to you ?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Didn't the bible say "thou shall eat no unclean thing"?

Babies have diapers ye know.

This is true. Isn't Rome considering selling indulgences again? Thought i read that press release a few months back.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

You know, NuT? In a weird way, I love you!
Yeah, babies.. taste like chicken...
but I will refrain from posting Eddie Izzard's comedy routine about that very thing...

Haha... I kinda thought u might be a cougar.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42
reply to post by wildtimes

Yeah.. that happens from time to time. My time was last Friday with an old buddy. When you aren't used to them like the good ol days they get to ya pretty quick. Cat goes to kitty heaven cuz animals have no sin. :p
edit on 10-7-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

If none repented and put their trust in the gospel? None.. hypothetically speaking of course. And as a point to note, person A would face the most severe judgment for the light he had and squandered.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Where would these two people, and one cat, go after they die, according to you ?

I was mainly talking about what you can know for certain in this life about the next.
Most people probably don't know.
There are a lot who may think they know but they are probably working under a false assumption based on something they were told and took in uncritically because it sounded good to them.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Jesus was pretty black and white on the subject of whether or not someone could know. Can we not trust Jesus at least?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Jesus was pretty black and white on the subject . . .

Could you give an example, like out of the Bible, instead of being Jesus' spokesman somehow?
edit on 11-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You are forgiven.
It happens...

Person B and Cat C will get there sooner. Person A has some more lifetimes to go before he's ready. But you were asking dewey, not me...

edit on 11-7-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Jesus was pretty black and white on the subject . . .

Could you give an example, like out of the Bible, instead of being Jesus' spokesman somehow?
edit on 11-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Sure.. 1. He said that ALL that the Father had given to Him would come to Him and 2. anyone who called upon Him He would in "no wise cast out".

So according to you was Jesus wrong about point 1 or point 2, or both?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join