It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

television controlling your mind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
we all know how the television is one of the greatest mind control devices in existance right now in terms of how they can brainwash and reprogram the public, but check this article entitled "television opiate of the masses, by Wes Moore"

www.familyresource.com...

Any comments welcome. This is why i watch everything on my laptop now, im happy, ive got 71 surround sound on it, and 15.4inch screen is good enough for me thank you very much! I'll leave my family downstairs to sit with their mouths open in front of the 40inch wide wide screen tv.

I prefer reading while watching on the notebook since it sooooooo easy to mulitask on a computer. You cant do much else while watching tv ive noticed. I remember in college (what we in uk attend from the age of 16-18) and in first yr of uni how i'd try to study in front of the tv, but it doesnt..even if something rubbish is on, your concentration is shot, while i can study with a discussion going on on the radio... then i read this article
now it makes sense, damn those pesky beams putting my brain into a hypnotic alpha state!

[edit on 16/9/04 by el_illumbrato]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hi...Like everybody, I watch T.V...but I like to find the messages between the lines...some messages are subliminal.
I'm positive that there is some kind of mind-control on television or even on the movies. I'm sure that it's a tool for the NWO, to enslave us!! T.V is very very NWO

educate-yourself.org...

Check this site
Amelia
xxxxxxx

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
i just mentioned the bit on microwave towers in another forum where someone said he felt naked if he left his mobile phone at home!:
"Worldwide Electronic Mind Control via 'Cell Phone' Towers" from your link amelia.

I too like looking for some of the messages esp in the simpsons!
amazing program.
By biology is biology, and thats how the CRT in the tv affects you! Yuou can read between the lines and that def defferentiates you from 85% of the people out here, but its still going to be raising the seratonin levels in your brain! I rememebr a wbsite about boycotting tv once. Damn, i gotta start book marking all the decent pages out there with information

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I'll probably get attacked for making this comment but I don't care. Why do people jump to such big (illogical) conclusions? A guy says he feels naked when he doesn't have his mobile with him therefore jumps to the conclusion that it's because the new world order government is secretly brainwashing him through secret transmissions sent by cell phone towers?

I mean, seriously. I feel naked when I go out without my wallet, keys and watch. Using the same logic, that must mean I'm under the influence of mind control being secretly transmitted by my wallet, watch and house keys.

Yes television does influence peoples thoughts, but the techniques are quite well known, and any person who has studied marketing & advertising will be able to quite easily pick up on the little things tv advertisements and shows do to push their products etc... call this mind control if you want but it is simply sneaky marketing. And please don't respond by telling me that ALL companies who advertise on tv or ALL tv stations are secretly in collusion with the government, that's just getting a little too paranoid.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I spent a large part of my childhood in front of the television, and the only way it could have possibly controlled my mind is if one considers that I grew up with an extremely positive set of ideals. Every event in a person's life goes back to how that person was raised as a child. If a parent is apathetic toward a child and let's that child learn what he/she will, then the child might grow up with a bad moral programming so to speak. My parents watched television with my on more occassions than I can count. We watched things like:

Little House on the Prairie
The Brady Bunch
I Dream of Jeannie
Gilligan's Island
The Andy Griffith Show
I Love Lucy
The Local and World News
Sports
Saturday morning cartoons (looney tunes, tom & jerry, smurfs, etc.)

I could go on forever remembering shows with good wholesome concepts. We actually had discussions about the moral issues and decision-making policies. I have to admit, it took me a while to get used to regular folks as I was growing up due to what I considered to be lack of concern for positive human evolution, but because my parents have guided me well, I made it through confusing moments just the same.

Most paranoia about anything comes from a heightened realization that differences exist...but mostly that they exist in large groups of people. When folks fail to realize the percentages but merely see a cluster of what they deem as being "evil" or a "conspiracy", then they are missing the statistical concepts. One of those cliches that got me through any fear I may have had in the past was "put yourself in the other person's shoes". I incorporated that idea into my life, and it has made all the difference.

"Physician, heal thyself"

"When you can see the problem, half the battle is won."

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
but people. what about the bit in that article about how tv BIOLOGICALLY effects you. On a chemical level it is causing certain neurochemicals (is that the right word) to be released in your brain even if your watching chanel zero with just the static showing on the tv! These put you straight into an almost trance like state and also result in an addictive relationship developing with the tv.

Strianissa, did you really spend most of your childgood in front of the tv for entertainment and moral purposes or because you were addicted?

LordGoofus, i was just quoting others, but i do know that when i use the phone for a prolonged period of time i feel light headed after and my recall if i were to read a passage and try to answer questions on it after would be significantly less than normal.

also, its a long known fact that microwaves have been tested with though control techniques and cell phones do use them, so its not ludricous to assume that they are been used for mind control purposes though you are right, and i think more evidence needs to be found linking the two.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
In the US Capitol building, there are hundreds of statues to various congressmen and not-so-famous politicians. They are there in just kind of a 'no other place to display them' way.

There is one non-politician among them. The inventor of television.

I saw this with my own eyes and never forgot it.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Philo Farnsworth was granted the patent for the television after a lengthy court battle. Like a lot of new products of today, televsion was based upon earlier technological advances and others worked on the project over the years.

A statue of Farnworth is located in the Capitol Building.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I mean, seriously. I feel naked when I go out without my wallet, keys and watch. Using the same logic, that must mean I'm under the influence of mind control being secretly transmitted by my wallet, watch and house keys.

dood that is totally flawed logic!!! your watch essential to maintaining a grasp on the current time of day while you are outside as well as a snazzy trinket to attract the ladies. you need your wallet to buy things and keep buisness cards handy for whatever reason. you gotta have your keys as well in order to get back in your house, all essential items to making the venture outside a successful one.

as for cell phones and TVs i hate them both i dont need them i dont want them they make you retarded. there i said it.

emergancy can warrent cell phones very useful at times. they still seem unecesary for the most part. certain television shows display witfully peppered humor, and educational enlightenment. the overwhelming majority of programing is downright lame. dont watch the dumb box...see i watch too much and now im dumb dirrr

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   
i just realised after the last post how they are called "programs" and you used the phrase "programming".... seems kinda dodgy. are we robots and programs on tv are run to debiug us??

i see your point about mobiles been useless, but i use a pda phone, which i got a 1gig sd card on with about 200books and articles, i generally leave the wireless device off (the phone part) and, like you said, only turn it on for emergencies. With that device, i am assured of always having some literature and knowledge to hand to make any waste of time into time used productively.
Ive found that in situation where people have thouight i was antisocial or weird for reading a book, if your on a "phone" no one says anything, even if im reading away for like 15mins without saying anything, people assume your texting away, and its ok, but if i pulled out a book... oh my god.. the reaction is def far worse!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
presicly goku san! escaping reality is as easy as getting on your cell phone. get away from all the hassels of the real world. just find some technology and you are away from it all. at least books stimulate your mind, and get you thinking at your own pace. TV does the exact opposite shoves images in your face and forces you to accept them, taking away your ability to concur with what is being shown.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84

dood that is totally flawed logic!!! your watch essential to maintaining a grasp on the current time of day while you are outside as well as a snazzy trinket to attract the ladies. you need your wallet to buy things and keep buisness cards handy for whatever reason. you gotta have your keys as well in order to get back in your house, all essential items to making the venture outside a successful one.

just because you find a cellphone to be unnecessary doesn't mean others do to.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
also, i agree that books are good and many people should read more.

but if you're saying that you don't think when you watch tv - maybe you're just watching the wrong programs and movies?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i strictly only watch educational programing, and sometimes funny cartoons. while flipping through the channels i do notice lots of crap on there. IMO roughly 80% of the stuff on TV is pure hogwash! i simply do not trust a media outlet that is controlled by 12(is this the right #?) corperations, that means 12 people dicate everything you see on TV. i cant help but wonder what is their agenda...?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84
i strictly only watch educational programing, and sometimes funny cartoons. while flipping through the channels i do notice lots of crap on there. IMO roughly 80% of the stuff on TV is pure hogwash! i simply do not trust a media outlet that is controlled by 12(is this the right #?) corperations, that means 12 people dicate everything you see on TV. i cant help but wonder what is their agenda...?

their only agenda is to get you to watch more and generate advertising revenue.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
i only watch my laptop, its got 7.1 surround sound, and i NEVER watch any normal tv as it were. I hate adverts, hate the cathode ray tube in the tv, and hate having programming thrust on me. a lot of hate or what! lol

I watch mainly dvds since the library i work at started doing them, simpsons (i got all 15 seasons), some old 80', 90's cartoons like thundercats, dangermouse, dbz, maybe some time ducktales and mighty max etc.

I watch some decent bbc documentaries, and ch4 ones, and some alex jones.

btw, is it ok to read books on my laptop? or my pda? i got loads of books, but got far greater variety in ebook format.

i ned to start of brave new world asap

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I have always believed television was addictive but not for the reasons stated in the links. I always thought it due to the high-pitched 'whistle' that televisions make when they are on and that, subconciously, this frequency is 'familiar/friendly/enjoyable'etc. Whether or not this is the case I have no idea, but considering most television programmes are duller than real life there must be a reason why people turn it on even if there's 'nothing on'. Incidentally, my new flat will have no television as I hate 'em.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I agree on the TV mind control. Especially where the young are concerned. It almost seems too that they can put anything on and people will flock to it....look at all the ridiculous reality shows.....which are all BS....it has already bee proven people are "acting" when they know the camera is rolling, more upset, madder etc....it influences people so much all in presentation......There are very few shows I actually go into the living room sit and watch on the big TV......95% of what I listen to, is done in the computer room while on the computer.......

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I agree on the TV mind control. Especially where the young are concerned. It almost seems too that they can put anything on and people will flock to it....look at all the ridiculous reality shows.....which are all BS....it has already bee proven people are "acting" when they know the camera is rolling, more upset, madder etc....it influences people so much all in presentation......There are very few shows I actually go into the living room sit and watch on the big TV......95% of what I listen to, is done in the computer room while on the computer.......

you mean you watch your programs on the computer?? good for you if u do! Theres no point missing out on the decent programs like documentaries and i guess some films... but its so much better watching in on the computer since theres no crappy adverts (ever notice how most people buy "brand" goods at super,arlets?) and its watched at ur convenience plus u can make the window smaller and do something else at the same time like browse ATS!

I do worry bout when i married with kids and if i dont have a tv will the kids resent me?? Also, i dont see me finding a wife or girlfriend who doesnt like tv. Most the people i know all say they hate watching films on lcd screens and laptops like i do, and prefer tv. why?

I also noticed recently that one of my younger relations will watch ANY rubbish on tv, but, put on a film on the lcd screen or laptop, and his attention span drops to 20%, even if its something he picked... even if its wrestling! There is def something addictive about tv,...interesting theory there about the high pitched sound, but thing is, once adults reach a certain age, they cant hear it since the range of frequencies they can here decreases. how does that affect that theory?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by el_illumbrato
but people. what about the bit in that article about how tv BIOLOGICALLY effects you. On a chemical level it is causing certain neurochemicals (is that the right word) to be released in your brain even if your watching chanel zero with just the static showing on the tv! These put you straight into an almost trance like state and also result in an addictive relationship developing with the tv.

Strianissa, did you really spend most of your childgood in front of the tv for entertainment and moral purposes or because you were addicted?

Close, it's neurotransmitters, and I really watched television for entertainment and coming from a low economic level, for lack of better things to do. We played outside a lot, of course, but there were days when weather was poor (winter esp.), and times when mom didn't want us to get dirty because we were going somewhere.

As far as the neurotransmitters go, we are always releasing chemicals. Our neurological transmissions never stop. For each event that we experience we have memories etched into our minds that correspond to specific emotional responses, and those responses are provided via neurotransmission.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join