It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Emotion of 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
We all have a certain emotion about this year 2012,like we are expecting something to happen.

Maybe it is mass psychology,and how it affects all of us.Is a disease that is transmitted from person to person or through mass media .We can not figure out how much harm this can do.

TextDavid Ropeik, risk communication expert and author of How Risky Is It Really? Why Our Fears Don't Always Match the Facts, says that the perception of risk is based largely on emotion. People tend to pay more attention to large-scale devastation that is unlikely rather than less catastrophic events that are more probabl
source(yourlife.usatoday.com...

I think soon we should be prepared to face our own fears than something that has no other cause than mass psychosis.

TextSuch is the concept of National Geographic Channel's new reality show Doomsday Preppers, which profiles Americans who have taken extreme measures to plan for a forthcoming apocalypse — whether natural disaster, nuclear war or economic crisis. The show premieres tonight with back-to-back episodes at 9 and 10 ET/PT. The channel commissioned an online survey of 1,007 adults in the USA, and found that 61% of Americans believe the country will experience a major catastrophic event within the next 20 years, but only 15% feel they are fully prepared for it. "I think between the survey and the show, people will get to examine their own beliefs, compare them to the survey, see how people in the show are spending their lives and learn to prepare themselves," says Brad Dancer, senior vice president of research and digital media at the channel. Each episode will feature a few individuals from the prepping subculture, and the effectiveness of their preparations will be assessed by experts. In the series premiere, viewers meet a retired couple who have 50,000 pounds of food stored in their doomsday-proof home built of steel shipping containers, an urban survivalist in Los Angeles prepping for a severe earthquake and a young, outgoing Texan ready to bug out when an oil crisis creates havoc.
source(yourlife.usatoday.com...

We do not do nothing but wait for something to happen and to think the worst may come with the real or imaginary.

And maybe even if we really want something bad to happen... will happen,just because we ask for it.

Psychologically 2012 has given more to do with what others think or inspire us to believe.

How do you get rid of the psychosis of 2012?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I think soon we should be prepared to face our own fears than something that has no other cause than mass psychosis.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear its self." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

I find great truth in this quote. Fears, phobias, worries.... they are within in our own minds.

How do you get rid of the psychosis of 2012?

Firstly, we must stop living in fear. Fear is the primitive and immature mechanism for survival. Understanding extinguishes fear.

Next, we must stop being so obsessed with our mortality and accept the fact that we all are going to die one day no matter what we do. Coming to terms with our own death helps us to not fear death. It helps us to better value and appreciate life. When we understand and accept death as a reality, we stop fearing it.

I am not worried about 2012. It's a bunch of fear-mongering control tactics in my opinion.

"Don't worry, about a thing. 'Cause every little thing, is gonna be alright." - 'Three Little Birds' - Bob Marley

Peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I am not worried about 2012. It's a bunch of fear-mongering control tactics in my opinion.
Could be,but in the same time we could have a war,or a major natural disaster,but not necessary this year.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

living in fear or living without fear wat difference does it make for u?

why n how living without fear is better or superior to living in fear? from what perspective and to what reference or concept ?

when life by definition is about pleasure and fun in constant terms then living fear is by definition superior to life

practically u mean to live without fear for doing wat ? chating and gossip?

so u r meaning subjectively being better, but that concern then only u

what do u know about else? maybe some feel better in fear constancy
anyway subjective argument is by definition against argument fact

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I find great truth in this quote. Fears, phobias, worries.... they are within in our own minds.
Depend what other people are doing to us,if they hurt us then is possible to live in fear,and that could cause a phobia.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

living in fear or living without fear wat difference does it make for u
Living with no fear is the real Freedom,for any being on this planet.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If it is mass psychology we should stop waiting for something to happen. The caue of suffering is desire, desire for something to happen which may not happen brings anxiety, anxiety brings stress, stress brings frustration and sadness and suffering. It is within your power to seek greater things.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

If it is mass psychology we should stop waiting for something to happen
Not as long as is like a disease and people are pushing each other to believe hopping that something will save them from their fear.Fear of this type came along with wars , social and economic crises.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

If it is mass psychology we should stop waiting for something to happen
Not as long as is like a disease and people are pushing each other to believe hopping that something will save them from their fear.Fear of this type came along with wars , social and economic crises.

They think this way because of ignorance, they are not wise and therefore not of calm mind, their actions are like rats running around in a maze, and by their own stubborn ways they refuse to employ the methods at their disposal to free themselves from the maze and see the truth that all of life is an illusion crafted by mind and will and it is in their hands what kind of fate awwits them.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

refuse to employ the methods at their disposal to free themselves from the maze and see the truth that all of life is an illusion crafted by mind and will and it is in their hands what kind of fate awwits them.
That is why we use to have natural selection.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

You don't. You can try to to educate others, but in my own experiences this is seldom successful. The fact is Western society seems to always need an end date. This most likely stems from the fact that these Western countries are rooted in the traditions of the Abrahamic religions, in which the Apocalypse plays a large role. My guess is that if you compared Western beliefs of 2012 to those of people from Asian countries that are more steeped in the traditions of Buddhism or Hinduism you would see much fewer people putting any stock in this nonsense from the Asian countries.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

My guess is that if you compared Western beliefs of 2012 to those of people from Asian countries that are more steeped in the traditions of Buddhism or Hinduism you would see much fewer people putting any stock in this nonsense from the Asian countries.
Maybe they are more correct with themselves and with the others,so they cannot drag others in their own personal believes.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

living in fear or living without fear wat difference does it make for u
Living with no fear is the real Freedom,for any being on this planet.

this is a subjective statement for whatever u fear

i fear u r wrong, like in this sentence the word fear mean one that know what it wants

freedom is exclusively in absolute terms when only absolute exist, then individuality is always through being totally independant while constant, so never through ur hypocrit ways that cant stand but by force and conditions which is the opposite to freedom, where fear is the sense of loosing it

fear is to stable true objective state which is totally and exclusively to freedom result out of it

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

fear is the most clear statement about objective reality being wrong, so getting out of ur fear is the most clear decision of accepting what is wrong as objective reality, which is the most stupid choice

new topics

top topics

join