It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is Georgia another Medjugorje, Garabandal, Lourdes or Fatima? What message is St Mary sending to USA

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The Peace of God to all that belong to the light,
Dear Readers,

Let me initiate this thread about the Marian apparitions that have occured in the State of Georgia since 1990 and that basically refer to three different kinds of events:

- The apparitions to Mrs Nancy Fowler, a lady that lives in Conyers a town located about 30 miles distant to Atlanta, and that have attracted the attention of thousands of pilgrims to witness a lot of strange phenomenon in the area ( rose petals falling from the sky like in a rain or the solar miracles in which the sun start to perform a strange dance in the sky)

www.jstor.org...

www.youtube.com...

- The prophecies about an incomming terrible conflict in America, boosted by an invasion of Chinese troops to the country comming from the west and that are in the core of the important messages released about the future to Mrs Fowler.

www.marypages.com...

- The image of St Mary that has appeared in a window in 2009 that is now exhibit in the Cathedral of the city of Savannah and that supposedly is of course the result of a miracle.

www.youtube.com...

www.virginmarywindow.com...

All these elements make Georgia another Fatima, Lourdes or even Mendugorie of the USA?

what are the elements in favor to declare that the events described set Georgia as the American Marian Sanctuary?

Lets also discuss about what is the role of the Virgin Mary in the salvation of the humanity along all the History but moreover in this so difficult times we are living in?

www.catholicplanet.com...

Finaly the death of Mrs Nancy Fowler is opening the last chapter of the accomplishment of the message she gave to the world from St Mary?

www.ourlovingmother.org...

Thanks for your attention,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 2/8/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/8/2012 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The angel of light

Hi Angel, I have a suggestion.
As an opening you state: The Peace of God to all that belong to the light,

Wouldn't it be more effective to state: The Peace of God to all.
Because in the end the purpose is to get souls more into the light, also those that are not now.
BTW I am not very religious, definitely not into ANY church, Churches tend to become evil after a few years.
All the potential for power and money gain is to much for the good people, it intoxicates them.

Just a question.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Any message from a Saint is a figment of someone's imagination, not a vision or prophecy. Majority of 'Catholics' directly disobey one of the 10 commandments by worshipping false deities (Saints, angels etc.) and not God.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I had never heard of this.

Thanks for sharing, off to read more...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Please spare us.
What now? The virgin on a peanut?

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I don't know, I guess the window one kinda looks like her.

I always believed God (or whatever it is people believe in) can be found in the heart.

Not on some slice of toast or window glass or whatever.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatest
Any message from a Saint is a figment of someone's imagination, not a vision or prophecy. Majority of 'Catholics' directly disobey one of the 10 commandments by worshipping false deities (Saints, angels etc.) and not God.

I say you are wrong. I know you will not agree. Such is life.

www.americancatholic.org...

Veneration of the saints, including Mary, is not worship. Catholics worship God alone.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yes, Conyers sure is....

I went there for the Blessed Mother's last public appearing to Nancy
Fowler.

I felt the presence in me of God the Holy Spirit for the first time in my life!

I know I was dead in mortal sin. I was given what is called an "actual
grace."

The Bishop there is fine with the seer's messages. Sad but good news,
she died a few weeks ago from lung cancer, Nancy was diagnosed three
years ago.

love,

colbe

p.s. I'll look for and post the obituary, news of Nancy Fowler's death.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Originally posted by TheGreatest

I say you are wrong. I know you will not agree. Such is life.

www.americancatholic.org...

Veneration of the saints, including Mary, is not worship. Catholics worship God alone.

Then why do Catholics pray to saints? Seems like worshipping to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Someone using the toaster popped out Mary on the toast again. In 1996 years ago in Clearwater Florida there was a virgin Mary formed on a glass window in the form of a rainbow while everyone was praying to the business glass building. The image of her was really cool looking though when I lived there at the time.

www.realpix.com...
edit on 9-2-2012 by anthonygillespie2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Lourdes and Fatima are approved by the Church.
Garabandal has been disapproved three times.
Medjugore is awaiting the end of the apparitions so judgement can be made.

I've been to both Medjugorje and Conyers. (as well as Betania).

Conyers is dead in the water. There is nothing heavenly to it. It's like Bayside.
Nancy Fowler is another Vassulla, Denise, or Cindi Cain.

(I met Cindi Cain ... she's a complete fraud and con artist ... schnookered and elderly couple - the 'Goodmans' out of $100,000 to support her cause).

Your question is - is Georgia another Medjugorje, Garabandal, lourdes or Fatima?
The answer is - Garabandal. False 'apparition' like Bayside and Conyers.

Catholic Planet - the Conyers 'messages

Renew America

Conyers, Georgia, is a familiar apparition site to anyone acquainted with American reported phenomena, and Nancy Fowler has attracted a very large following. Many books and videos have been produced covering her story and her messages. Her messages, along with those of Cyndi Cain, are extremely apocalyptic. Most of the prophecies, at least to this point, have not been correct. Apparently, there are many who question the contradictions within Nancy's messages. Examples would include:

There is no reparation anywhere in the world. . . . The Fatima consecration requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary has not been done. . . . You are wrong to seek signs and wonders. . . . Signs and wonders will be experienced here like nowhere else. . . . Satan is deceiving you by false messages. . . . People must accept you. . . . The Church must recognize Nancy, or else. . . . All visionaries should test. . . . Stop all this testing. . . . The world has rejected the Blessed Virgin Mary because they don't come to Conyers. . . . etc.

An article in Crisis Magazine provided an excellent critique on the Conyers events, including restrictions placed by former Bishop, James Lyke. Some of those have since been clarified, but the current Archbishop, John F. Donoghue, has not taken any further action. Additional questions that apparently surfaced included why she is building a bomb shelter in her basement, stocked with food, and whether she has any emotional illness. I have no knowledge or concern with any of that. But on the one hand, the extensive publicity given to Nancy's testing episodes included an evaluation from a noted psychiatrist stating no abnormalities anywhere. On the other hand, a major article in the Atlanta newspaper, The Constitution, included extensive accounts from former workers for Nancy who testified that she was often in depression, in emotional stress, and often saw demons everywhere. There was also another report that prior to the start of her apparitions she experienced poltergeist activity in her home and once saw a UFO land on her property. Is that the case?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

Catholics do not worship the saints. The saints are the same as us. We ask their help with our prayers. We ask that they beseach God on our behalf. The saints are kind of like having an uncle in the business. Someone who has an "in".
Catholics also dont worship the statues or stained glass windows any more than false dieties. These things are helps and reminders not objects of worship.
PS I stopped being a catholic but for different reasons.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
When I looked through the list of 207 false claims on this page, I couldn't even find the one that occurs monthly on the hill I camp on every weekend. The Catholic Church investigated this one and said that, although at the time there was no evidence of fraud and the woman who gets the visions sincerely believes she gets the visitations, the Church could find nothing to say this event was truly an appearance of the Virgin Mary.

Conyers seems to fall in this category. Like the event I've witnessed, often in attendance by hundreds if not thousands at times, the best that can be said of Conyers may be what I found here...last three paragraphs (wouldn't copy to paste here).

At the events I've witnessed, the strength and depth of attendees' personal religious belief are very evident, and if these good people suffer no harm but instead come away a comforted/better people, then so be it.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Lourdes and Fatima are approved by the Church.
Garabandal has been disapproved three times.
Medjugore is awaiting the end of the apparitions so judgement can be made.

I've been to both Medjugorje and Conyers. (as well as Betania).

Conyers is dead in the water. There is nothing heavenly to it. It's like Bayside.
Nancy Fowler is another Vassulla, Denise, or Cindi Cain.

(I met Cindi Cain ... she's a complete fraud and con artist ... schnookered and elderly couple - the 'Goodmans' out of $100,000 to support her cause).

Your question is - is Georgia another Medjugorje, Garabandal, lourdes or Fatima?
The answer is - Garabandal. False 'apparition' like Bayside and Conyers.
Catholic Planet - the Conyers 'messages

Renew America

Conyers, Georgia, is a familiar apparition site to anyone acquainted with American reported phenomena, and Nancy Fowler has attracted a very large following. Many books and videos have been produced covering her story and her messages. Her messages, along with those of Cyndi Cain, are extremely apocalyptic. Most of the prophecies, at least to this point, have not been correct. Apparently, there are many who question the contradictions within Nancy's messages. Examples would include:

There is no reparation anywhere in the world. . . . The Fatima consecration requested by the Blessed Virgin Mary has not been done. . . . You are wrong to seek signs and wonders. . . . Signs and wonders will be experienced here like nowhere else. . . . Satan is deceiving you by false messages. . . . People must accept you. . . . The Church must recognize Nancy, or else. . . . All visionaries should test. . . . Stop all this testing. . . . The world has rejected the Blessed Virgin Mary because they don't come to Conyers. . . . etc.

An article in Crisis Magazine provided an excellent critique on the Conyers events, including restrictions placed by former Bishop, James Lyke. Some of those have since been clarified, but the current Archbishop, John F. Donoghue, has not taken any further action. Additional questions that apparently surfaced included why she is building a bomb shelter in her basement, stocked with food, and whether she has any emotional illness. I have no knowledge or concern with any of that. But on the one hand, the extensive publicity given to Nancy's testing episodes included an evaluation from a noted psychiatrist stating no abnormalities anywhere. On the other hand, a major article in the Atlanta newspaper, The Constitution, included extensive accounts from former workers for Nancy who testified that she was often in depression, in emotional stress, and often saw demons everywhere. There was also another report that prior to the start of her apparitions she experienced poltergeist activity in her home and once saw a UFO land on her property. Is that the case?

FlyersFan,

So you have been to Betania, Medjugore and Conyers?

You dear lady keep on with your personal rejection and attack of the prophetic even
posting a non-Catholic anti-Catholic website link! Goofed up, didn't check
your source.

The above is more of the same. Conyers has the approval of it's
Bishop. It has not been officially investigated by the Church.

"Catholic Planet" is a well known anti-prophecy website and whose
author has no authority. He rejects 99% of the messages from Heaven.

Be positive FlyersFan. Heaven isn't silent.

Hmmm...Renew American and Crisis Magazine, I wonder if they are
pro-Catholic?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
So you have been to Betania, Medjugore and Conyers?

Yep. Volunteered at EWTN all through the '90s as well. Met Father Gobbi .. Cindi Cain ... Maria Esperanzas family (not her) ... and a bunch of others who claimed visions. I've been to Betania (awful trip), Medjugore (wonderful trip) and Conyers (left me cold). My rosary turned gold at Medjugorje - like many other people had happen.

You dear lady keep on with your personal rejection and attack of the prophetic ...

I reject false apparitions. The real ones .. I fully embrace.
Colbe buddy .. I've experienced and seen supernatural things that would blow your hair back.
But don't forget .. the Catholic church itself says you don't have to believe in any of them.
Not even the 'approved' ones like LaSallette.

Conyers has the approval of it's Bishop.

Um .. no. The Bishop speaks for Rome in these matters. If the Bishop had issued 'approval' then it would be Rome issuing approval and it would be a site recognized by Rome. Rome doesn't recognize it. And know what ... I'd bet a box of donuts it never will. It's way too questionable ....

Side note - the Monastery there is really nice. I stayed there on a three day retreat.
LOVED Compline !!!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The angel of light

I'm not going to say real apparitions of the Theotokos and whatnot don't occur, but being Orthodox, we generally don't jump on the bandwagon to acknowledge such things as hastily as Catholics do. The Orthodox stance is usually one of guarding oneself against giving too much credence to dreams, visions, and apparitions as it is easy to fall into spiritual delusion.

It is never a sin to ignore dreams, visions,and apparitions- no matter how Godly we may think them to be. I think that most of us, on reflection, can honestly say that our nightly dreams are a manifestation of what we've thought about during our waking hours. They do not necessarily have any mysterious meaning or significance to be interpreted. It is actually spiritually dangerous to give these types of things too much attention. Always turn to God and give Him the glory. Always be mindful that you are a sinner in need of repentance. When you think that you've been given special dreams, visions, and apparitions- you've already fallen into deception.

Here are some prayers and quotations regarding this topic:

The wicked one, on the watch, carried me off as booty as I lazily
slept. He led my mind into error; he plundered my spirit and snatched
away The wealth of Thy grace, this arch robber.
So raise me up, as I am fallen, and summon me, Saviour,
Thou who dost will that all men be saved. ~Kontakia of St. Romanos, A Prayer.

O Lord our God, in Whom we believe and Whose Name we invoke above every name, grant us preparing for sleep relaxation of soul and body, and keep us from all dreams and dark pleasures. Stop the rushing of passions, and quench the burning of bodily tensions. Grant us to live chastely in word and act, that we may live a life of heroic virtue and not fall away from Thy promised blessings. For Thou art blessed for ever. Amen. ~Prayer- Jordanville Prayer book

Even if an angel should indeed appear to you, do not receive him
but humiliate yourself, saying, 'I am not worthy to see an angel,
for I am a sinner.' ~Apophthegmata Patrum

Even a pious person is not immune to spiritual sickness if he does
not have a wise guide -- either a living person or a spiritual
writer. This sickness is called _prelest_, or spiritual delusion,
imagining oneself to be near to God and to the realm of the divine
and supernatural. Even zealous ascetics in monasteries are
sometimes subject to this delusion, but of course, laymen who are
zealous in external struggles (podvigi) undergo it much more
frequently. Surpassing their acquaintances in struggles of prayer
and fasting, they imagine that they are seers of divine visions,
or at least of dreams inspired by grace. In every event of their
lives, they see special intentional directions from God or their
guardian angel. And then they start imagining that they are God's
elect, and often try to foretell the future. The Holy Fathers
armed themselves against nothing so fiercely as against this
sickness -- prelest. ~Metropolitan Anthony Khrapovitsky

"The demons have also the following trick. They cry out the names of those whom they know to have none of the merits of holiness and to possess none of the fruits of the Spirit. They pretend to be burnt up by the merits of such people and to take flight from the bodies of the possessed.

Deuteronomy has this to say about such persons: 'If a prophet should arise among you or a man claiming visionary dreams, and if he foretells a sign and a portent, and if what he says should actually happen, and if he should say to you, "Let us go and follow strange gods who are unknown to you and let us serve them," do not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. For the Lord your God is putting you to the test, bringing out into the open whether or not you love Him with all your heart and with all your soul (Deuteronomy 13: 1 - 3).

And in the gospel he says this: 'Fake Christs and fake prophets will rise up and they will perform great signs and wonders so that if possible even the chosen will be led into error' (Matthew 24:24)." ~REF:St. John Cassian, "Conferences," - (Trans Colm Luibheid, New York: Paulist Press, 1985), pp. 174 - 176

May God continue to guide you to Himself.

edit on 11-2-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Most Rev. Wilton Gregory
Sixth Archbishop of Atlanta (2005- )

Most Rev. John F. Donoghue
Fifth Archbishop of Atlanta (1993 - 2004

Most Rev. James P. Lyke
Fourth Archbishop of Atlanta (1991 - 1992)

In 1991 the Archbishop of Atlanta, James Lyke established the Western Rite Archdiocese’s policy on the apparitions that was a neutral policy which remains to this day:

"Leave them alone, for if this plan and work of theirs is a man-made thing, it will disappear; but if it comes from God you cannot possibly defeat them."

Archbishop Donoghue in 1994 said he was very positive, looking at the
"fruits" of Conyers.

The Church has not officially investigated Conyers.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Most Rev. Wilton Gregory
Sixth Archbishop of Atlanta (2005- )

Most Rev. John F. Donoghue
Fifth Archbishop of Atlanta (1993 - 2004

Most Rev. James P. Lyke
Fourth Archbishop of Atlanta (1991 - 1992)

In 1991 the Archbishop of Atlanta, James Lyke established the Western Rite Archdiocese’s policy on the apparitions that was a neutral policy which remains to this day:

"Leave them alone, for if this plan and work of theirs is a man-made thing, it will disappear; but if it comes from God you cannot possibly defeat them."

Archbishop Donoghue in 1994 said he was very positive, looking at the
"fruits" of Conyers.

The Church has not officially investigated Conyers.

A wise stance. It is good to see they aren't giving too much credence to this, in my opinion. I don't mean to offend anyone when I say this, but some are way too quick to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to these types of things.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Being neutral is not the same as 'having the approval of the bishop' (your words). That's totally different. If a bishop approves it .. then he speaks for Rome and Rome has approved it (like Fatima). You admit that the church has not investigated. No investigation means no approval.

'Wait and see' .. is not 'approval'.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by colbe

Being neutral is not the same as 'having the approval of the bishop' (your words). That's totally different. If a bishop approves it .. then he speaks for Rome and Rome has approved it (like Fatima). You admit that the church has not investigated. No investigation means no approval.

'Wait and see' .. is not 'approval'.

You've been condemning Conyers here and who knows why? I gave
my witness, I was converted at Conyers, Mary appeared there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join