It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This A REAL UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I am not sure myself so please be the judge. The subscriber of the You Tube account has never posted a UFO vid previously so i think that makes it a little more credible:-

www.youtube.com...

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

So remember:

* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

(next time your thread will be trashed)

edit on February 7th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
No!

This is not that youtubers first video!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-2-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

more like incredible

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Well, when the videographer moves camera to show that they're filming from behind a window as shown by the television reflection, the UFO then begins to look suspiciously like a window reflection purpose moved for the benefit of filming.

That what I'm seeing.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't rule out a blimp/airship.

The fact that it has what looks to be blinking navigation lights (the kind required by aviation authorities) makes me think this is either earthly-made, or maybe those lights just coincidentally look like Earthly navigation lights.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Interesting indeed.

One question though:

Why stop filming??? It looks like the object was moving slowly to the left, i wanted to see up until it dissapeared from view.

vvv

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

post by Soylent Green Is People
I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't rule out a blimp/airship

Beat me to it , It does look like a blimp and as you say the lights are probably the clue here .

According to this post from avforums the Goodyear blimp is not a stranger in those parts

They spend a lot of time over thurrock based out of a airfeild in averly, pretty cool watching it launch..
Source

Damyns Hall Aerodrome.

Damyns Hall Aerodrome, and it appears that a Goodyear Blimp is currently operating from there and making flights over London.
wargamingmiscellany.blogspot.com...

edit on 7-2-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Thnx for the post..

Problem I have is that as usual the video never shows the exit of the video??Does it shoot off at a high speed?Does it blink out?
Just wanted to voice my opinion.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I may be mistaken but this looks a lot like the UFO from 'A Very British UFO Hoax'. A 2003 UK channel 4 documentary in which they got a bunch of special effects engineers to create a believable UFO, fly it and decieve the public.

www.imdb.com...

I can't see when the video was recorded, there is just an upload date on YouTube? If not then the strobe lights give it away as man made anyway IMO.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I asked the poster the following questions

For the sake of clarity, did the poster of this video actually take it? If so can you be more specific about the date and time it was take, I notice you put it was shot in Aveley, which direction was the UFO in relation to you? Who was there when the UFO was spotted? And why did you stop filming?

This is How the poster responded

This was taken a few days ago on my mobile phone, and lasted around 5 minutes, my phones memory lasted just over a minute, any remaining "would be" footage would have shown it hover out of sight in the direction towards the river thames towards kent. The UFO was hovering over an housing estate. Me and my partner both witnessed this event and it freaked my girlfriend out, Im a little more open to "other life". I would be interested if anyone else has footage and what it could be?

The memory of the phone running out is in my opinion a valid one, if you don't have an external memory card you will use the internal memory very quickly.

The Goodyear blimp flies over near me on a regular basis, (Manchester UK) and it does not look like this, it has navigation lights on both the front and the end of the blimp, not just the sides, also the shape is wrong. no hanging gondola which is necessary for it to be the Goodyear blimp

over all I would say it is quite good footage, my only thought that goes against this is why stay indoors? why not go outside for a better view, and if it was me, I would of been banging on the doors of every neighbour asking them to look, but then again it is easy to respond in cool light of day, who knows how you would react at the time, or in the time frame it was visible

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Below is an example video of a blimp (not the same one as the OP). At the :22 mark In the video below, you can see the blinking lights on the top and gondola only. Plus, even though the one in this video is closer, you still can't see the gondola. The craft in the OP's video was far enough away from the camera that (if it was a blimp) the gondola itself would be hard to see:

www.youtube.com...

Another blimp with blinking lights at the top and gondola only:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 2/7/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Here it is in Manchester UK sep 2011 ....looks pretty much the same to me .

September 24th, 2011
As with the sighting above it’s the Goodyear Airship. Been flying illuminated at night in the Manchester/Liverpool areas for past week.
www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

edit on 7-2-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

The light is showing quite clearly at the front in this video

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

yes it does look similar, but do you notice the light at the back? missing from the original video, you cannot see the light to the front because the blimp is facing away from you at an angle. As I said I have seen it many times here in Manchester, is similar, but not the same in my eyes.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceDreamer

The light is showing quite clearly at the front in this video

Yes, there is a light on the front, but that may be hard to see in a side view and from a distance -- which was the view in the OP's video.

Watch the below video between the 1:13 and 1:19 mark, when the camera is not zoomed in. You can't see the front or back light.
(Note: You can't see the top blinking light. either, but I think that is due to the viewing angle -- i.e, looking up at it).

Also, note that the blinking pattern/timing of the light on the gondola in this video closely matches the timing and pattern in the OP's video.

edit on 2/7/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I cannot identify this object OP..

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I understand where you are coming from, but watch the lights on the bottom and the top, they are erratic, rather than the reconised steady pulsing from the blimp, watch the video again. Also from what I can gather, the blimp has not been in the air at all, and is only due to take to the air again today and tomorrow in the UK, see here

Goodyear Blimp

I do realise the slow pace of the object, with what appears to be strobbing lights, tends to lean towards man made rather than a classic UFO, I am just not convinced this is the blimp, it doesn't look like any time I have actually seen the blimp. Also when the Blimp is airborne it has to have a full ground crew following, and night flights are rare unless covering a sporting event due to the difficulty of landing during the evening

Sadly the video is too jerky and too blurred to get a clear idea. The poster however has not posted anything else in regards to UFO's and does not seem to be a typical hoaxer, so I doubt it is faked, misidentification possibly.

edit on 7-2-2012 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There are several blimps with different schemes I think, but they all carry the strobe lighting in much the same way. The one on top seems to be more powerful than the rest.

www.wikiwirral.co.uk...

This is from the Wirral.
edit on 7-2-2012 by smurfy because: Link.

new topics

top topics

join