It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with my recorded video games

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ok well i uploaded a video without anti virus turned on and according to this the 4 minute 16 second video i uploaded is now 8mins 37 seconds long...wlf is happening? here is the link

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hey this is shocking, i think youtube is butchering your uploads shockingly. They are compressing the hell of the quality. Did you by any chance upload to vimeo.

A thought just come to my mind, is your internet upto speed, perhaps that to maybe causing some issues. If its playing normal form you computer, try to upload to somewhere other than youtube or even ask the moderators to give you hand here from ats, they have uploaded hundreds of vids and perhaps they can do a test run on their own vid servers. Simply ask them and point them to here perhaps they might test the your original video quality. Head on over to the board questions and see ask them.
edit on 6-2-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

Doesnt you tube require some time to fully process the vid, maybe this is the cause, in any case try out what i mentioned earlier regarding asking the ats from some quality help.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cerebralassassins
Hey this is shocking, i think youtube is butchering your uploads shockingly. They are compressing the hell of the quality. Did you by any chance upload to vimeo.

A thought just come to my mind, is your internet upto speed, perhaps that to maybe causing some issues. If its playing normal form you computer, try to upload to somewhere other than youtube or even ask the moderators to give you hand here from ats, they have uploaded hundreds of vids and perhaps they can do a test run on their own vid servers. Simply ask them and point them to here perhaps they might test the your original video quality. Head on over to the board questions and see ask them.

Doesnt you tube require some time to fully process the vid, maybe this is the cause, in any case try out what i mentioned earlier regarding asking the ats from some quality help.
No not yet i saved the link to vimeo i started a upload on it but had to stop so i could check youtube after messing around with some video settings that seem to have got worse
my internet is from sky atm its 6gb download speed but in the next 2 days i go onto 36gig cable so might be a good time to try it
yea it takes some time to process the video but only 5-10 mins ive got videos on that are over a week old that are doing the exact same as the vid in the link

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Damn i just tried asking the admins but it says im not permitted to post on the board

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
Damn i just tried asking the admins but it says im not permitted to post on the board

No problem, i am sure one of the admins would glance at this.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The ATS Media Portal for video uploads is currently closed.

It's going through some upgrades as far as I am aware and will be back up at some point this year. In the meantime you may upload any photo you'd like using the [urlwww.abovetopsecret.com...]ATS Uploads Section[/url].

You can always upload your videos on various other video upload sites and then share them here on ATS.

I hope that answers your question.

~Tenth
ATS Moderator

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well i emailed hauppauge last night and this is the informative email they replied with...

Hi

It’s your settings, you need to check the settings of both capture and YouTube settings.

The HD-PVR either works or doesn’t, there is no middle ground.

Elton Adams

[email protected]

Now arent they specific?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
FFS! it just seems to get worse look at this short video i just uploaded

www.youtube.com...

Now they wont even play in SD

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

still seems to be lagging

edit on 7-2-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Its starting to annoy me i dont see what the problem is and the hauppauge helpline isnt exactly helpful...ive looked on youtube for other peoples PVR settings and tried them with the last video you have posted of mine above this but still it is awful ffs, ive re-installed the whole thing im just waiting for the short f1 video i made earlier to finish uploading after i used the total media converter to see if i could sort it out that way.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Capture your video and then use windows movie maker to change the format as res to a file type that you tube will accept, my pref is .wmv

Im assuming you are already doing somthing along these lines already, but its worked for me and compresses any video very easily to 720p format (i use the zune 720 preset)

just throwing it out there

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Yup i do that, do you have the hauppauge pvr aswell?

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

No i dont, i use fraps to record from my desktop, i like windows movie maker because its very easy and always makes my odd sized windows of games to HD just fine

Im just going to assume your encoder has been updated in some way if movie maker cant make a good movie with it.

Id just mess with the quality settings, reduce and retry etc.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ok wlf is happening here? i uploaded a short video of me playing badly at f1 becouse i dont use controllers for it normaly and it works perfectly in SD and HD???

www.youtube.com...

edit on 7-2-2012 by LvSLoLo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
what file format are you using and just how big are the files, both raw and incoded?

Could be an issue along the lines there somwhere...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
FFS! just uploaded another video and it completely screwed up again...the file is M2TS but when i convert them in the total media player it says they go to MP4 or stay at M2TS.

Heres the latest video screw up it plays in HD but not SD for some reason AND it shows the video 2 times longer than it is

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Damn my HD video quality is amazing from what i can see just a shame i cant get all my video's to run in HD properly

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ok...just uploaded a battlefield 3 video of mine to test it and it worked perfectly in SD and HD...i dont understand ive had this problem for weeks and it randomly just stops?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ok new problem...getting sick of this...i dont know if this is a 1 off or what but it works in SD and 720p but not 1080p

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LvSLoLo

well i dont know what to tell you, it works for me, even skipping around the video.

Whats your internet connection?

<< 1    3 >>

join