It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Can the USA keep Iranian nukes out of borders.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I see questions about Iran being able to reach the US with a nuke and visa versa. But if you'd ask me the US should better be worried about foreign forces bringing nukes between the borders of the USA.

The use of the word foreign forces is delibarately used because not only Iran is a threat which can get hold of a nuke.

We have all heared of terrorist cells and sleepers...if you would ask me that is the best way to bring a devestating first strike onto the USA. It is instantly.....no intercept possible.

Are the US borders enough secured to prevent such nukes from coming in? I do not think so...

edit on 4/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I agree with you on the porosity of America's borders, but may I ask you to stretch your thinking just a little bit? Many countries which don't have nuclear weapons have chemical and biological weapons. You've seen stories, even on ATS about some nasty bugs and poisoned water supplies.

Sure, nukes make a big splash, but a disease wiping out a thousand people every few months would not be good for American morale. There would be no target to hit back at while the population became more and more panicked.

Of course, a nuke is good, too.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I currently live almost on top of the US/Canada border on the east coast, and have for 20+ years. In my opinion I can't see how the US border is any more secure now than it was 15 years ago (with the exception of needing a passport to cross from time to time...). From my perspective it would be easy for a "sleeper cell" to bring whatever they need through customs, especily if they have built a friendly relationship with the slack officers that "work" for american customs.
I personally used to drive over to work 6 hours south of here (into the states, Im a canadian citicen) for months at a time, bringing a truck piled high with tools and building equipment, would stop and chat with the officer for five minutes or so, never get checked for a passport or any ID of any sort or even asked where i was going. So, really it would be easy to bring whatever they want into the states, IMO.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
the USA (as well as the UK) is in my view due some serious terrorist catastrophe.
i dont agree with it one bit but lets be honest here both countries have meddled way too much in other countries affairs. hence my reasoning for being due something terrible.

as the previous poster has commented, biological / chemical weapons pose a bigger problem.
wasnt there a gas attack a few years ago in japan?
that caused widespread panic and disruption.

as for nukes, instead of nuking a major town just blowing up a nuke in space over america would cause widespread outages and ruin infastructure over a greater area than if a nuke hit a major city.
the worse part is that only a small nuke of 20kt detonated at the right height would be needed to do the job.

the uk is even easier to take out since it is geographicly smaller and 90% of the poulation lives in the south of the UK.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I only can say; don't give them a reason. So with the current US foreign policy, they are just asking for it. Don't make enemy's, then you don't got much too fear.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

I live in a american/mexico border, as it is fenced and censored there is 100's and 100's of untouched land right over the border considering this while considering to what level will Iran go to get close to our borders. Also we have allowed known extremist into our country and there are sleepers cells here, it is not Can they, it is, When will they.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Take a look at the vast Mexican and Canadian borders and there is your answer. NO. If illegal Mexicans come across in van and truck loads then the only other safety net we may have is a neutron detector via drones and Satellites. The morons in D.C. keep it this way for votes and since they harass every normal American that has nothing to do with terrorism I would say they are just waiting for a U.S. city to have a mushroom cloud appear so they can lock us down in the name of keeping us safe.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Would that list of foreign threats also include Israel?
They have a large nuclear weapons stockpile, have plotted and even carried out murders of US citizens, including military personnel, and will do so again to push the US into another war for their benefit. Many countries even allow them their own security at airports and ports, with no oversight of what they are up to - perfect for smuggling in (or out) anyone or anything they want.

Iran and most of the other alleged bogeymen are in fact no threat to the US at all - or Europe for that matter, when you take the time to actually approach the subject logically and put things into proper perspective.
So, if I were American, I'd be very wary indeed of those backstabbing and criminal little "chosen" ones. Take nothing at face value and question every damned thing they say.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Question: Can the USA keep Iranian nukes out of borders[?]

In the truest sense of the concept, there is no real way to be sure that any nation can prevent any other nation or organization from getting across any given border or threshold. This was a tough lesson we learned first hand during WW2 when trying to fend off Japanese kamikaze attacks; a determined enemy with no fear of death will find a way to die at your expense.

This is why the whole notion of there even being a Department of Homeland Security and a Patriot Act, is so utterly ridiculous. But... beyond even that, if we have, as a society, come to the point where we are willing to surrender liberty for a little temporary, perceived safety... then those we call 'terrorists' have already won. We are terrorized and have lost our freedom because of their actions.

In a nutshell, we are confessing to ourselves and the world that we are frightened.

Not my idea of how to view oneself in the mirror each morning but that is just what we're doing nonetheless.

So... the answer is: No. We probably could not stop a determined effort by Iran, or anyone else, who were literally dead set on killing us with any weapon... including perhaps a WMD. And once this happens, our false sense of safety that we traded our freedoms for... will vanish into thin air. Our government will be shaken to the core because, up until now... the ONLY thing keeping that DHS and Patriot Act intact is the fear of our elected of officials of what would happen should they be removed and then there is an attack that follows.

Yeah. They would be to blame and they don't like that. It scares them even more than having that same attack carried out even WITH those items in place... because they can then say, 'Well, at least we did try to stop them'.

It's strictly B-S but in one case, they have an excuse and if politicians need anything, it's always a reason for failure.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
no nation is secure. I can not stop from getting a yearly cold. I will not live in a bubble though. I can not avoid the danger of getting hit by a bus, but I will not avoid streets.

The USA cant be completely secure in the climate of tension it has created for itself. Should we strip away our civil liberties and become maniacs with shotguns on our porches, NO

So there is no such thing as security. It is another fantasy created to make you think Big Daddy government has it covered.

So what though. will you curl up into a ball and die?

Just live your normal life. Iran is not the enemy. Our foreign policy is the greatest enemy to our global security. Maybe Israelis continued attempts to lure us into war is our greatest threat. They would love it for a nuke to go off in the USA. Then we would do their dirty work.

I can see it now.
Oh thats too bad, a nuke went off, geez I am sorry to hear that. We are sooooo sorry. Well I guess you´ll have to invade Iran huh. Oh thats a shame too. darn.......oh well go get them Joes!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

Where did you get 90% of the population lives in the south UK??? 84% live in England, but I would hardly say south.

I think a crude nuclear device would be easier smuggled into the USA, especially from the SA end, the UK being an island would probably make it slightly harder, look how Hitler failed to conquer it for that (amongst other) reasons.

Any missile launched nuke would likely be shot down, but I would say dirty bombs, snukes, or any other portable devices stand a high chance of getting in.

I reckon one good method of prevention would be for the USG to stop sticking its noses where they don't belong, and not giving those countries like Iran a reason to do it.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by zatara

I agree with you on the porosity of America's borders, but may I ask you to stretch your thinking just a little bit? Many countries which don't have nuclear weapons have chemical and biological weapons. You've seen stories, even on ATS about some nasty bugs and poisoned water supplies.

Sure, nukes make a big splash, but a disease wiping out a thousand people every few months would not be good for American morale. There would be no target to hit back at while the population became more and more panicked.

Of course, a nuke is good, too.

You are right....I forgot those. Most repliers so far agree that it is close to impossible to keep the borders watertight against such contraband. The US government and its intelligence agencies must rely on the information they gather if they ever want to catch such a weapon entering the US.

This whole TSA business at airports is a joke, If some serious terrorists want to blow something up they will.

I have no idea how the security at shipping-ports is organised but I guess that there is random checking of containers.

What a problem....Anyways, will it ever occur that a nuke goes off or a terrible biological agent is released I am unhappy to say that my first suspects will be elements within the US government....but I am sure that is subject of another thread.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This country can't keep illegals from entering here they also can't stop drugs keeping a nuke out?

That is laughable but to even suggest that a nuke could come across the border gets people labeled as fear and war mongers.

The fact is it can easily be brought here but they don't wanna hear that then a few will scream "false flag" the simple fact American borders are the most unsecured in the world.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
The fact is it can easily be brought here but they don't wanna hear that then a few will scream "false flag" the simple fact American borders are the most unsecured in the world.

America has some of the most protected borders on the planet.
Vast majority of countries dont even have any markers to distinguish between them.
But then, vast majority of countries dont invade other countries , so border protection is not needed.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Is that so?

Tell Mexico to stop invading us with over 30 million illegals here then we can talk about the multi-billion dollar drug trade.

Oh that was hilarious the most secure borders in the world!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96Oh that was hilarious the most secure borders in the world!

Comprehension sir. Comprehension.
my quote was as follows:

:Some Of the Most Protected Borders:

Probably why you are wrong so often in your post, you misunderstand the meaning.
edit on 4-2-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
For starters, this thread must be put into another forum.

Your Question. Can America keep Iranian nukes out of USA borders???????

My answer... YES THEY CAN

My Reason... As Iran DOESNT have nuclear bombs.

This is just another thread created by scared little americans trying to scare other americans into going to war against Iran.
Its quite pathetic

edit on 4-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
Are the US borders enough secured to prevent such nukes from coming in?

Definately not! No US president ... be it a democrat or a republican .. has secured our borders.
No US president wanna-be has any kind of border security plan that will work.
I swear these guys dont' want the border secure. It sounds crazy .. but what other reason could there be?

The borders are wide open.
Dippy-hippy types love it .. thinking the illegals can come get jobs.
But they forget .. tens of thousands of very bad people have come across.

No reason a few nuclear weapons can't as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WozaMeathed
For starters, this thread must be put into another forum.

Your Question. Can America keep Iranian nukes out of USA borders???????

My answer... YES THEY CAN

My Reason... As Iran DOESNT have nuclear bombs.

This is just another thread created by scared little americans trying to scare other americans into going to war against Iran.
Its quite pathetic

edit on 4-2-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

Are you one of these ugly little people..? You must be trolling...right?

I strongly disagree with practicly everything you state in your reply...

It is practicly impossible to seal borders against foreign threats...
Secondly....you do not need a nuke factory yourself to own a nuke...
Third....I am not an american..
Fourth....It concerns the entire world if the US is nuked...not only americans.

Fifth....I.....and governments all over the world are very curious about your solution to make borders watertight....you will serve the US citizens and all citizens in the world if your plan is acceptable.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There is absolutely nothing you can do to completely secure the borders of a nation the size of the United States. Deal with it. That really is the end of the discussion. I don't mean to sound like a pompous ass, but the reality is correctional facilities can't keep contraband out of a super-max prison compound. What makes anyone think they can "secure America's borders"?

It's a deluded concept. You can take measures, of course, but you'll never secure anything. I also don't want to live in a free-roam prison system that is any worse than what we have now.

<<   2 >>

join