It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Mothers Protest Facebook Over The Right To Display Their Breasts.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is the silliest discussion I've ever heard. Who is honestly embarrassed or offended by this? It's completely natural, it's how women feed their child. I see no issue with this what so ever.

It's not like we can all see the pictures, you have to be friends with them to begin with. So it's hardly bothering anyone. Big deal.

To the OP getting all bent out of shape because of this "they should all be arrested" LOL

Go outside and enjoy life.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Heh... gotta follow that lost 13th commandment, right?

"Thou shalt be ashamed of thy natural anatomy."

Seriously. Since when did what mother nature gave you become obscene? Sure, maybe "out of the ordinary" because of the need for warm clothing as a result of migration from warmer climates, but obscene?!!

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

Why are you so angry? Every post I see of yours in this thread is filled with vitriol. Seriously, lighten up.

We get that you, and others too, find breastfeeding offensive. I have a very simple solution: just don't look.

There are many Muslims in our society who are offended by women who don't wear a burqa. Do you think it should be enforced that all women wear burqas in public?

I don't have a problem that you find breast-feeding offensive, I have a problem that you support the banning of anything that a few find offensive but does not directly harm anyone. Where does it end?
edit on 3-2-2012 by TheStev because: To reword

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by porschedrifter
This is the silliest discussion I've ever heard. Who is honestly embarrassed or offended by this? It's completely natural, it's how women feed their child. I see no issue with this what so ever.

It's not like we can all see the pictures, you have to be friends with them to begin with. So it's hardly bothering anyone. Big deal.

To the OP getting all bent out of shape because of this "they should all be arrested" LOL

Go outside and enjoy life.

I love how the people who are for women breast feeding in public resort to personal attacks and the like.

Have some respect for those who don't wish to see it. Everyone has different views, and they should be respected.

I don't take my shirt off in a public place or at work (other than the beach), because it's not proper/decent behavior.

People have no respect these days, they just do what they want to do, and if you don't agree then you're a stuffy old bugger raining on everyone's parade. Unreal.

edit on 3-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev
reply to post by theubermensch

Why are you so angry? Every post I see of yours in this thread is filled with vitriol. Seriously, lighten up.

We get that you, and others too, find breastfeeding offensive. I have a very simple solution: just don't look.

There are many Muslims in our society who are offended by women who don't wear a burqa. Do you think it should be enforced that all women wear burqas in public?

I don't have a problem that you find breast-feeding offensive, I have a problem that you support the banning of anything that a few find offensive but does not directly harm anyone. Where does it end?
edit on 3-2-2012 by TheStev because: To reword

The thread is meant to be light. Its not like I really care about breastfeeding.

And Im not angry Im just cutting.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Text I love how the people who are for women breast feeding in public resort to personal attacks and the like. Have some respect for those who don't wish to see it. Everyone has different views, and they should be respected.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well you certainly sound angry, and from what I can see you've been pretty active with this thread for someone who doesn't really care!

No response to the burqa question? Surely you don't actually think that anything that offends a few should be banned in public?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Don't stare. You anti-bf in public people are the only ones who look. Keep your damn eyes to yourself.

I could walk around all day breastfeeding in public for years, and most people didn't notice. A woman now and then, a couple of guys who would just smile....and then a few of *YOU.* You guys STARE.

Control yourself, and your problems will disappear.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SouthernComfort
If women wanna show their breasts in public, fine. It's whatever. The fact that this remains a big deal is strange. Isn't this just a form of censorship? Breasts are too sexy, therefore all humans with breasts must cover them up. If I see a bare pair in public, I don't feel any "animal" urges come over me. I don't feel the need to get in their business and censor (clothe) them. If one cannot handle seeing a pair of breasts in public, then maybe the fault isn't with the woman with the bare breasts, but with the individual who cannot seem to look away getting mad about it. Instead of putting a shirt on the breasts, why not throw a blindfold on those poor offended eyes?

Beating an old drum here...

It's called courtesy... Just like not talking in a movie theater, chewing with your mouth open in a restaurant, not walking up to the bowling lane next to you when someone is going... C-O-U-R-T-E-S-Y

If I'm at Walt Disney (a family park) do you think that they would allow this to go on or ask the person nicely to take it in doors or risk all the complaints from other guests?

link   

Well you certainly sound angry, and from what I can see you've been pretty active with this thread for someone who doesn't really care!

No response to the burqa question? Surely you don't actually think that anything that offends a few should be banned in public?

Im with France on that one.

link   
It's sad to say that in today's society , you turn on a TV set and all you see is murder and violence and it's totally acceptable . However a woman's breast is offensive . This is why nowadays , all you see walking around in society is a bunch of violent , sexually deprived people . Closed mindedness is what's unacceptable to me .

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You know how them conservatives are
always wanting to shove government down our throat, creating moral police, etc.

Next thing they will want is to lock women in towers so they don't accidently offend the wholesome christian men.

ahh, nothing like 8th century thinking. Vote Red

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Don't stare. You anti-bf in public people are the only ones who look. Keep your damn eyes to yourself.

I could walk around all day breastfeeding in public for years, and most people didn't notice. A woman now and then, a couple of guys who would just smile....and then a few of *YOU.* You guys STARE.

I don't stare at people, and I don't have uncontrollable sexual urges. People are resorting to classless belittling again by the way.

Again, males and females don't take their shirts off in public when not at a beach. We're not jungle dwelling savages.

Learn some class, learn some respect. Many of you are clearly lacking in that department.

edit on 3-2-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

Originally posted by spav5

I think that people who are disgusted by a mother feeding her child are so because they are aroused by it. They can't handle this conflict in their brain in any other way than to call shame on the natural act of breast feeding instead of investigating their own personal arousal by such. ( I am not condemning that arousal, only your response to it).

Peace

You have a sick mind friend.

How many breastfeeding mothers do you find attractive? Just after they had a baby. Yuck. They can keep their breasts to themselves.

I only see a mother feeding her baby..I don't know what you see.
I have no conflict with this..apparently you do.

By the way many mothers are beautiful..mine included.

Just as you can keep your opinion to yourself..but you choose not to.

Peace

I dont even think of it like that. But thats where your mind goes.

I have clearly stated that my problem with it is that I see it as unsophisticated. Obnoxious. Uncouth. Ill-mannered. Is that so hard for you to understand? Or is it too sophisticated?

I find you to be all of those things you described..but I don't wish you to be banned.

Seek help, that is sound advice.

Peace

Well thats decidedly typical liberal thinking. See its the liberals that are always the nastiest. They have no honour. No character. I need help do I? Because I find public breastfeeding and liberals offensive.

Thanks for the concern

Nice how you question my mental state then say peace. Very liberal of you

This isnt about me anyway,its about the article. If you are so worried about bannings then stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks

liberal

Apparently you have many more issues than I first thought.

You wish to have pictures of mothers breast feeding banned on facebook. How is my comment off topic?

You called me sick and I was not upset. I said that you may be getting aroused by a mother feeding her child and you are outraged. I am not upset because I know your accusation to be untrue.

Peace

BTW...Try to keep it on topic your political rant only exposes your inadequacies in other areas as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Don't stare? I don't want to see it at all. That said there are those that just have to look at a car crash.

So now you want me to act according to your actions? I'm beginning to see what this is REALLY about. "I am woman, I'll do as I wish and you GUYS better get over it."

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

He's one of only a few in this thread who have even a shred of decency. Facebook doesn't need pictures of women breast feeding their babies, we can do without it.

It's also not difficult to do your business in private, or at least throw a towel over it as someone else mentioned.

And how difficult is it for you not to view OTHER peoples profiles? Or simply look away when you encounter a baby being fed.

Peace
edit on 3-2-2012 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

So now you are saying it's our duty to look away for respect of the mother because she is too lazy to cover it up?

Decency is dead here...

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I've been contemplating this question and I think I have an answer. I have never had a problem with boobs. I HATE milk though. Absolutely HATE it. Not even chocolate. Maybe that's what bothers me.

I sense sarcasm but I'll play along

Well see... we've had a breakthrough!
Next time we'll go into when you first realised you hated milk and also what your earliest childhood memory is.

Also, tell me something that makes you really happy.... and why it makes you happy

Thanks

Trust me... I'm a doctor
edit on 3/2/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Right, so you don't really have a position on the idea of 'offensive' behaviour in public, you just like banning things. Just explaining why this thread seems to descend into personal attacks.

I can think of another guy who used to like banning things. Come to think of it, he was quite concerned with the concept of an ubermensch as well. How interesting...

I gotta agree with the other poster - I find you quite offensive, however I don't think you should be banned.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
That's a tough one. I understand why some wouldn't like to see this and why others wouldn't bother at all. And usually when the situation is like that it is easier to ban it.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
Again, males and females don't take their shirts off in public when not at a beach. We're not jungle dwelling savages.

Ahh yes, I remember when they dug the ocean to make the beaches we enjoy today

Sorry..just finding the untrue statements to be amusing
But please...can we start making untrue statements that will have me dig up women in bikini's verses shirtless men...this is getting a bit awkward.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join