It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran War. How do you think it will lead to that and the possible outcome.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I am serious. I want to know what you think. More than two or three lines please. Give as much detail as you can.
Please remain civil (I know, I know, I find it hard as well).

I think the war will start with Iran attacking the US after further sanctions are placed against them. With the feeling that they have no where else to turn, they might just attack. Like Japan in WW2. From there I see Israel joining in quickly and the US returning fire.

Here is where I see Iran's strengths:

1) home advantage
2) allies are close
3) their strategy of asymmetric warfare is proven against US (Afghanistan)
4) their military strength
5) countries shouldn't accept another invasion under false pretenses (see Iraq)

Iran's Weaknesses

1) next to a body of water (Easier to invade)
2) not as technologically advanced as US
3) not sure if the strong allies will support them in a full out invasion

US Strengths

1) many allies
2) technology
3) military strength
4) good propaganda campaign

Weaknesses

1) spread too thin
2) not prepared for asymmetric warfare
3) two superpowers oppose invasion
4) economy will tank quicker if they don't win (all in situation)

While I haven't seen the US engage an enemy that was in the top 35 listed, I would give them the win. Both sides would have major losses and casualties, but, the US has more to lose by a loss than Iran does. Iran has everything to gain by either a win or a loss. Let's hope it doesn't come to this ever.

I just hope Millenium Challenge 2002 wasn't accurate, otherwise the US/Israel will turn to nuclear bombing, which could lead to worldwide nuclear war/the end of mankind/ELE.
edit on 30-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Nobody. Nobody would/will win

Nuclear Weapons will be used
edit on 30-1-2012 by Rexamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The only people who'll win are the people who make and sell the weapons and equipment that the troops use.

Rev

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rexamus
Nobody. Nobody would/will win

Nuclear Weapons will be used

More than two or three lines please. Give as much detail as you can.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
No one. It would be the start of WW3 as designed by the NWO. Khazar empire. End of times. New dawn in poverty, slavery, and no religion.

It would be our downfall. Or so they think.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-1-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

What more is there to it? We all know how devastating nuclear disasters can be. Fukishima just gave us a tiny hint of that. Realistically, worse case scenario is hundreds maybe thousand times worse

Iranian Uranium Enrichment is no secret and if someone hits the button, well then no one wins that war, not in these times. The repercussions are too great

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hmmm..it seems I may have worded the title wrong...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
How it will lead to it is being played out in the news daily "Iran did this, Iran did that" how it will end will most likely be the war to literally end all wars meaning WW3, end of times etc.
That is if Russia or China intervene, if they don't I believe Iran will be a walk over campaign to start with but when the occupation begins the "allies" will suffer severe casualties resulting in a prolonged war, like Afghanistan with no winner or loser.
Iran is not weak by any means, we can expect the casualties combined for both sides to exceed a million.
However, that's just my opinion.
Let's just hope this war doesn't happen.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There will be no U.S./Iran war. This has all been a a war of words that soon ended after China and Russia told Iran it would not get involved in a U.S./Iranian War. Iran played it's last card....unless they are so stupid as to publicly declare they have developed Nuclear Bombs.

In this event...the U.S. would have to go in using thousands of Special Forces, Rangers Airborne to secure all Nuclear Sites at the same time...the U.S.N. Fifth Fleet would destroy the entire Iranian Navy as well as Airforce and any costal Military installations.

In a plan that has long been in effect...for the purpose of rendering any Iranian Military counterattack innert as well as keep loss of life to a minimum....USAF B-2's as well as F-22 Raptors would drop High Tech. and powerful...EMP devices. A single one of these can fit inside an F-22's internal Bomb Bay and I am not sure how many a B-2 can carry but I believe it is either 18 larger sized or 27 smaller.

These would create Electromagnetic Pulses without a Nuclear Blast as the use of Nukes is not an option as we have promised both China and Russia continued flow of both Natural Gas for Russia and Iranian Oil for China. The U.S. does not get any oil or Gas from Iran.

Just these actions alone as well as CIA and DIA involvement with helping the Iranian Pro-Democracy Leadership should cause a regime change...ISRAEL WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE! As the only thing that has kept them from already bombing Iranian Nuclear Sites has been the United States as the U.S. does not want the entire Middle East Radioactive after conventional bombing of such sites.

If by some chance the Iranians have purchased a Nuke that can be placed on one of their Missles...as they do not have this level of tech. yet....we will shoot it down as it's range is limited to the Middle East. We have many ways to shoot down an ICBM....and we have had ship and sub ABMS in the region for some time. A standard Raytheon designed Antiaircraft Missle System was redesigned years ago with a breakthrough in powerful and long burn time solid propellent....a version of one of these shot a Satelitte out of the sky a while back. This allowed the U.S. to turn a basic Antiaircraft system numbered in the tens of thousands into...with the help of new powerful Super Computers and Radar systems...into ABM's. As far as I know a Nuclear Powered Free Electron Laser system has been placed in both Alaska and Canada...as far as a USN platform....I am not sure but all carriers and Ageis Class Cruisers will have these installed. Split Infinity...ps...IRAN has no chance.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There are a few things you left out in your original post:

Pros for Iran:

Terrain

Cons for Iran:

Technology

Pros for USA

Technology

Cons for USA:

Logistics

I think in any war game scenario, unless the Russians intervene, the US will have Air Superiority over Iranian territory in about a week. Once you have that, the rest is pretty easy. The Iranian forces are not as technologically equipped or as well trained as the Americans. Air Support will combat any resistance. It would be futile for the Iranians to mount a defense once their Air Force is knocked out.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I honestly think that the NWO will try and start ww3 so as to establish a reason to eliminate our freedom. They want us to fear Iran and talk about who would win or lose. Why?

Because it makes it seem unavoidable. really if you refuse to deploy, or support endless wars, we win. They truly want us to kill each other off. Iran or whoever will be the catalyst to WW3. Look up the history of the NWO. it is not a buzz word. It is not a "conspiracy" it is fact. These people think they can fool us into pushing the button on each other. Dont buy into it. You are being lied to.

say no to WW3 your children will exist to thank you. dont deploy.

The Khazar army needs you. ask not what the Khazar can do for you but how you can better serve the NWO

edit on 30-1-2012 by bronxbull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
There will be no U.S./Iran war. This has all been a a war of words that soon ended after China and Russia told Iran it would not get involved in a U.S./Iranian War.

I am sure I missed this, when did they say this? Can you please show me the articles?

In this event...the U.S. would have to go in using thousands of Special Forces, Rangers Airborne to secure all Nuclear Sites at the same time...the U.S.N. Fifth Fleet would destroy the entire Iranian Navy as well as Airforce and any costal Military installations.

Both sides would suffer massive casualties. The US may be #1, but everything they have will not be there, whereas Iran will be at full #12 (in the world).

In a plan that has long been in effect...for the purpose of rendering any Iranian Military counterattack innert as well as keep loss of life to a minimum....USAF B-2's as well as F-22 Raptors would drop High Tech. and powerful...EMP devices. A single one of these can fit inside an F-22's internal Bomb Bay and I am not sure how many a B-2 can carry but I believe it is either 18 larger sized or 27 smaller.

Please source this as well. I didn't even know the US had EMP devices. Unless you are talking about their high power microwaves.

These would create Electromagnetic Pulses without a Nuclear Blast as the use of Nukes is not an option as we have promised both China and Russia continued flow of both Natural Gas for Russia and Iranian Oil for China. The U.S. does not get any oil or Gas from Iran.

Again I call for source.

China, the world's second largest crude consumer, has long opposed unilateral sanctions that target Iran's energy sector and has tried to reduce tensions that could threaten its oil supply.

From Reuters.

Just these actions alone as well as CIA and DIA involvement with helping the Iranian Pro-Democracy Leadership should cause a regime change...ISRAEL WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE! As the only thing that has kept them from already bombing Iranian Nuclear Sites has been the United States as the U.S. does not want the entire Middle East Radioactive after conventional bombing of such sites.

Israel calls the shots, and they keep their pet US on a short leash, they have nothing to gain from nuking Iran.

If by some chance the Iranians have purchased a Nuke that can be placed on one of their Missles...as they do not have this level of tech. yet....we will shoot it down as it's range is limited to the Middle East. We have many ways to shoot down an ICBM....and we have had ship and sub ABMS in the region for some time. A standard Raytheon designed Antiaircraft Missle System was redesigned years ago with a breakthrough in powerful and long burn time solid propellent....a version of one of these shot a Satelitte out of the sky a while back. This allowed the U.S. to turn a basic Antiaircraft system numbered in the tens of thousands into...with the help of new powerful Super Computers and Radar systems...into ABM's. As far as I know a Nuclear Powered Free Electron Laser system has been placed in both Alaska and Canada...as far as a USN platform....I am not sure but all carriers and Ageis Class Cruisers will have these installed. Split Infinity...ps...IRAN has no chance.

Washington has expressed concern about Tehran's missiles, which include the Shahab-3 strategic intermediate range ballistic missile with a range of up to 1,000 km (625 miles), the Ghadr-1 with an estimated 1,600 km range and a Shahab-3 variant known as Sajjil-2 with a range of up to 2,400 km.

From reuters.

ps- Iran does not have a chance, but, there will be many casualties on both sides, it will not be as one-sided as most people think.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2
There are a few things you left out in your original post:

Pros for Iran:

Terrain

Cons for Iran:

Technology

Pros for USA

Technology

Cons for USA:

Logistics

I think in any war game scenario, unless the Russians intervene, the US will have Air Superiority over Iranian territory in about a week. Once you have that, the rest is pretty easy. The Iranian forces are not as technologically equipped or as well trained as the Americans. Air Support will combat any resistance. It would be futile for the Iranians to mount a defense once their Air Force is knocked out.

I have all those listed.

Don't be too sure about the Air Superiority. Iran anti-aircraft weapons. They are not as technologically equipped or as well trained, but, Afghanistan is rated #51 and the US was there for over 10 years. Imagine fighting a war with Iran (rated #12), the US hasn't fought a war with anyone under a #35 before. IED's and guys in caves have proven that the US is unprepared for asymmetric warfare. (#'s from this site)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by bronxbull
I honestly think that the NWO will try and start ww3 so as to establish a reason to eliminate our freedom. They want us to fear Iran and talk about who would win or lose. Why?

Because it makes it seem unavoidable. really if you refuse to deploy, or support endless wars, we win. They truly want us to kill each other off. Iran or whoever will be the catalyst to WW3. Look up the history of the NWO. it is not a buzz word. It is not a "conspiracy" it is fact. These people think they can fool us into pushing the button on each other. Dont buy into it. You are being lied to.

say no to WW3 your children will exist to thank you. dont deploy.

Although there will always be people who will become War profiteers....this NWO orginization that people buy into is pure Bull! If there was this orginization their sole goal would be profit and you can't make large profits by helping to kill off your potential customers. Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Sanctions seem to be falling apart. Now India is saying they won't cut back on Iran oil imports.

India has joined China in saying it will not cut back on oil imports from Iran, despite stiff new U.S. and European sanctions designed to pressure Tehran over its nuclear program.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I see things going down this way. You know how lately in the news the Navy's been rescuing the iranian fishermen? I see that building up to a set up. One of these times the navy's going to get another distress call and going to either come under attack by the "fishermen" or they'll come up to a boat and the crew'll be shot up and the US'll get blamed for it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

I see things going down this way. You know how lately in the news the Navy's been rescuing the iranian fishermen? I see that building up to a set up. One of these times the navy's going to get another distress call and going to either come under attack by the "fishermen" or they'll come up to a boat and the crew'll be shot up and the US'll get blamed for it.

It sure would be an easy way to start the war right? Both sides will blame eachother and muddy the waters so no one can tell who is telling the truth.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
the US hasn't fought a war with anyone under a #35 before.

I think you are not taking into account the ranks of some countries previous to when this list was established.

The US fought China during the Korean war which on your list is ranked 3rd. Iraq back in 1991 [Gulf War I] had the 5th largest standing army on the planet before it was reduced to a smouldering heap

Iran ranked 12th?

Hmmm..

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It doesn't matter. after the world war, all but secret police will be allowed. Khazar government only lets us have weapons while nations resist the banker over lords. in the end we will all be ranked # whatever slave nations.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well,,
the Sunii's could blow up the Shi'a's just as they were beheading a Christian,, who was helping a Jewish guy, stopping an American guy, who was too late ,, to help the,,

ya it just goes,, on and on,,,

lol

Me.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join