It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Military Alliance With United States Must End.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I saw our Defence Minister Stephen Smith's press conference on Sky News today. It seemed to be about nothing. He was talking about a review of our Military's ability to "meet emerging strategic challenges". Seems they are getting the taxpayer ready to increase our military budget.

I think this has alot to do with the fact that Obama was here recently telling us how lucky we are that he will be sending US marines to our soil in record numbers and we are strengthening our military ties. So we are obviously defending against the threat of China.

China is the reason we got through the 'global financial crisis' unscathed. China is the reason for our resources boom. China is Australia's future. Why should we risk our prosperity and the lives of our people for a bankrupt and desperate failure of a nation like the United States?

We are only a target because of America. We should be strengthening our military ties with China. It makes sense. We are the two powers in this region. Australia, China beats South Korea and Japan every time. Asia/Austalasia would be sewn up in the event of world war. Australia tips the scale bigtime. So why are we going to waste a massive amount of taxpayer dollars helping the bankrupt United States?? Its insane.

Instead of Marines we should offer China some land in Darwin for a military base and make sure they know that we are their friend and neighbour.Chinese immigrants are a large part of our population,the Chinese use our universities, they support our tourism industry,they invest here, thet create jobs here through mining, drilling, tourism,,,,, What the heck does the United States do for us? They make us a target. Not much else. We have no problem with them but they should keep their marines.

edit on 30-1-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
www.skynews.com.au...

We should make a pledge to China that we will remain neutral if the United States and themselves are drawn into military conflict in the future.Im not too excited about the distraction of our upcoming referendum on changing our constitution. Who the hell cares about some constitution from over 200 years ago? Are we American now?

I think a referendum on a Chinese military base in the Northern Territory and a pledge of neutrality to China is more important then changing our constitution. I dont need an expensive year long 'white paper' payed for by the taxpayer to tell me that our most pressing "emerging strategic challenge" is our continued blind support of the United States military.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
gillard is heavily tied to the obama admin, and so is tony abbott. 2013 if theres an election i guarantee she will pass the torch to serve america once again. we cant win australia back until american people win america back.

and at the moment ron paul is the only one who has a shot at it
edit on 30-1-2012 by jazzguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
China is also the country with the most spys here according to a report from ASIO. I definitely agree on some terms, Australia is playing a dangerous game, selling uranium to India, while ignoring Pakistan's request for uranium. Conducting live fire drills with China and the USA. I don't fancy the USA having bases on Australian soil, but it's not as easy as saying get #ed mate, they have been our ally for close to 70 years. However, Australia as a nation should definitely be pursuing closer ties with China.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Texwe cant win australia back until american people win america back.

I agree. I fear the american people for the most part are a lost cause. They seem so egocentric and oblivious. Its all USA USA USA! We are the greatest.We are invincible.

As their greatest ally in the region I fear China will decimate us first in the event of WW3. If I were them I would pacify the distraction of us right off the bat. A nuke to Sydney and a nuke to Melbourne would make it pretty easy for them to annex the top half of our country. They will want to secure those resources.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

every phase of govt prior to the one we have now was 'in bed' with the US...

how utterly absurd to think that Aust on its own could defend itself!
fact is, even though we have a defence system... it isn't enough just on sheer numbers...we need the alliances we have for protection.

It is a mutual understanding.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch
A nuke to Sydney and a nuke to Melbourne would make it pretty easy for them to annex the top half of our country. They will want to secure those resources.

A nuke to Brisbane and surrounding areas may also be a priority, as RAAF Base Amberley is considered one of the major RAAF bases with the most aircraft. It also makes for a great strategic location, which the USA used as well as Brisbane in WW2. Townsville may also be another target.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
China is also the country with the most spys here according to a report from ASIO. I definitely agree on some terms, Australia is playing a dangerous game, selling uranium to India, while ignoring Pakistan's request for uranium. Conducting live fire drills with China and the USA. I don't fancy the USA having bases on Australian soil, but it's not as easy as saying get #ed mate, they have been our ally for close to 70 years. However, Australia as a nation should definitely be pursuing closer ties with China.

I wish it was that easy. I think alliances are something that should become a thing of the past but I know what you mean. America is our friend. I just think they are like the friend that used to be cool but they got all fat and lame and boring.Then they became alcholics and drug addicts and started gambling and became criminals..Then they went broke then bankrupt and now they are just needy and annoying. We should have an intervention or something

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

America didn't go bankrupt! They are still one of the richest Countries in the World.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by jazzguy

every phase of govt prior to the one we have now was 'in bed' with the US...

how utterly absurd to think that Aust on its own could defend itself!
fact is, even though we have a defence system... it isn't enough just on sheer numbers...we need the alliances we have for protection.

It is a mutual understanding.

I dont think we could defend ourselves even with the US backing us. I never said we could defend ourselves. China is the worlds true superpower. The US is on the downswing. I suggest our protection lies with an alliance with China.I dont think thats absurd at all. China would jump at the chance.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

America didn't go bankrupt! They are still one of the richest Countries in the World.

Have you seen their national debt? Are you crazy?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Wow,thanks. Ive never seen that. Thanks for the link too.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Who do you have running for election in your country that would change SOFA with the US and give us the boot?

That'd be the way to go.

Honestly, if you folks don't want us there, I wouldn't argue against you.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

No worries mate. Sorry for clogging up your thread, but i thought it was necessary

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

omg no it isn't. China isn't the true superpower.

what a load of codswallop.

China are dependent on export and they have major internal social problems. Do you want to work for 12 cents per hour? oh and they are also dependent on major imports for power.

pulease. China is not a superpower and is not a threat. Where do people get these ideas from?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Who do you have running for election in your country that would change SOFA with the US and give us the boot?

That'd be the way to go.

Honestly, if you folks don't want us there, I wouldn't argue against you.

Bob Brown and the green party. But they are leftist crazies at the end of the day. Better than our duopoly though.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

Have you seen their national debt? Are you crazy?

Yes, a national debt with money that is borrowed from its self and others to the point were the money doesn't exist. Its all smoke and mirrors to drive the world round.

As a country the U.S is still one of the richest, There needs to be some changes, but I don't think it cant be done.

A good way would be to bring the entire government out into the street and shoot them like they dogs they are. Than start over from scratch other wise whats the point?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

pfft I am not going to do the research for you, nor am I going to post it here. Research it yourself.

What I have posted is the truth. If you didn't expect everyone else to 'educate you' then you would have googled it aready.

sheesh.. Don't come back and say..."no your wrong without doing the research!"

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Please don't come out with the American elitist crap...please! China is very much a rising superpower, as well as India. You are in denial if you can't see that. Obama is # scared, remember, the bill he tried to pass punishing China for their great economical power? Yeah, China is rising. The Aussie intelligence agencies who released a report the other day suggested that Australia get ready for an Asian century.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join