It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
One of my roommates friends from work was talking to him about the strange roads and off roads that you sometimes see on highways and interstates. Some are nothing more than a circle of a road. Some people think these are helipads or what not, and that these roads and parkways have some bigger meaning behind on why these are built. I personally do not know what to think about such accusations. Anyways, this guy mentioned to my roommate about one that we have in our area, just of what we call the "bypass." He told my roommate that on his way to work in the morning (around 4:30 - 5:30 am) he notices sometimes a semitruck sitting in front of it. Now, there is a huge gate into the entrance and a No Trespass sign. He also said that a few times he noticed a man at the gate, which is open, and a semi truck going in. He believes that this is something more than it seems. So, my roommate and I decided to investigate it because we knew where it was, but never really thought anything about it. It really looks like (as your driving by) as an exit that never was finished.

So, I decided to check Mapquest to see what that would show (if anything) before we headed out there to investigate it. I posted the images here: www.geocities.com... I was amazed at what I saw. It is a loop of sorts, but a very strange loop as you can see in those images. So, I decided to call the Niles, Michigan DOT to see what they had to say about it. After getting the runaround for awhile, a gentlemen told me that it was originally designed to become a off ramp, but that it was canned due to lack of funds. He also told me that since it was never finished, we should not go there and check it out because it could be dangerous (we could get hurt from the unfinished concreate etc). Now, this really had us intrigued. So, we decided to go check it out ourselves. From the entrance, you really cant see much because it is on a hill, but once we got up there, we noticed exactly what the map showed, but it was actually all concreted and looked finished. My first reaction was that maybe this was intended to have been a rest stop, but the strange design of it didnt fit. Rest stops in our area just verve off a little and thats it. They are never like the shape that it shows in the picture. Anyways, we went up and checked it out. You can tell that the road has been used recently because of tire tracks, which I am not an expert, but they are big marks which might match a semi or other truck. As you continue around to the northern/eastern most part of the road, we noticed a metal building in the distance to the north, which is also on the map (as a white shape, which when we looked at the map, we didnt think anything of it.) We headed up to the building (there was a small dirt path that had tracks in it as well, but these tracks were smaller and closer together (closer toghether than car tracks, possible like for a atv or something). Anyways, there was a fence (chain link with razor wire) that blocks off this building which sits on a hill and it's hard to see exactly what this building is. From the fence line, you can see about 2 feet of the building (the top). This building looks very secure. It is not a pole barn or anything like that. Around this area, there are a ton of farms, and it also didnt look like anything that a farm would have either. There was signs on the fence that stated No Trepassing. The gate was locked and we didnt touch the fence because we were not sure what would happen. We didnt see anyone or anything else that looked out of the ordinary.

Before we headed out there to check this out, I thought for sure that it was nothing more than a unfinished exit and that my roommates friend was being super paranoid. But there is much more than meets the eyes at this place. My questions are: Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could possibly be? Does anyone have any links, books, etc to support their idea? Has anyone else ever seen anything like this before in their area or heard of others like this? Any and all info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if you want to check out mapquest yourself to see for yourself these images, just type in these fields:
Address or Intersection: US 12
City: Niles
State: MI

This will show the map for US12 (the road that it is on). Just look slightly North of Betrand Rd and use the arieal map. (Another odd thing, the are map shows it, but not the regular map). I am still very skeptic about this for many reasons...one being that if this is some sort of instalilation, I dont think it would show up on mapquest like it does (or would it?). I thought military bases etc wouldnt show up on mapquest. But who knows. Maybe one of you will be able to debunk this, but right now, I have no clue.

Thanks to all who help me in this matter.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Someone else pointed this out to me and it makes a lot of sense. If this was to be a rest area, it would not sit way off the road like it does. Rest areas need to be accesible and be seen by the main roads for the Police. So many shady things happen at rest areas that there is no way this one could have been intended for one because the layout of it would not make it easy for anyone to notice anything. Just another point.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
you think it might be a government or other facility?

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Possibly yes. I have read a few books,articles, web pages about things close to this that are either used by the government or possible Illuminati facility (yes, its sounds outrageous, but thats a whole nother story).

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The signs that state "No Trespass" (and thats all it says) are very very different from the ones we normally see around here. These signs are in great shape (no rust or anything). And are mounted to the fence in a way that i have never seen before either. The fence and the buliding are also in great shape, yet it looks like its been there for awhile due to the growth that is on the top edge of the buliding. This buliding is white and does not have a incined roof on it...it looks like a flat top roof.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sorry for so many repsonses to my own post, but I keep coming up with stuff that I left out! Anyways, it is possible that this building could lead to the underground because like I stated, it sits on a hill. My roommate and I are going to check it out in the morning to see if these rigs really do go in there for sure.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
"The establishment and administration of special secure facilities lacated at secret locations within the continental borders of the United States for the receiving, processing, analysis, and scientific study of any and all material and entities classified as being of extraterrestrial origin"

Hey, ya never know....

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
maybe it contains some farmers still. that's gotta be it, he's making hooch and doesn't want anyone to interfere. the semi truck at 4 am is just the pickup guy and you have to do it that early so not very many people see you loading the moonshine.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This isnt the prohibition
!

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
would surprise if it was a military installation

btw what is illumati

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The Illuminiti (Or, The "illuminated ones"...or....The Free Masons....these are some of the many names of them.)...well...They are a group founded in 1776 for basic global domination....apparently they run almost all the governments, and are run by by skinny rich old white dudes from major businessess and whatnot...They meddle with the government too (about 28 of our presidents were members.) We even have their symbol on our 1 dollar bill (The pyramid eye thing)

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
so basically the NWO

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   
wow another person from michigan on ats, there are alot of us

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
wow another person from michigan on ats, there are alot of us

I'm actually from Indiana, but real close to Michigan!

top topics

join