It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-4 years later, after being strongly anti-Obama....I will be voting for him for a second term.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by vasaga

Originally posted by FREEwoman
Ron Paul is the ONLY ONLY ONLY one speaking any sense on both sides.

Ron Paul would destroy America. You can't just look at Right Now and ME ME ME.

Looking down the line - - - giving states more rights - - - including Personal Individual Rights - - - would be insane - - - creating areas similar to Tribal Ideology.

Obama is steadfast and methodical. He was handed a mess. Much of what the Reps complain that he hasn't done - - was blocked by the Reps themselves.

America was destroyed a long time ago.

No - - progression is change.

The changes may not be what everyone wants - - but they are what some people want - - and those people fought for that change.

Sound familiar? Its what America was built on.
The basic of what the founding fathers fought for was in the constitution. The constitution has been shoved aside since 1992 since the UN treaty supersedes it. Since 1992, what America was supposed to be seized to exist. Progression is change, but change is not necessarily progression. It's progression for the ones in power and digression for the ones who actually do all the work and pay all the taxes.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FREEwoman
Ron Paul is the ONLY ONLY ONLY one speaking any sense on both sides.

Ron Paul would destroy America. You can't just look at Right Now and ME ME ME.

Looking down the line - - - giving states more rights - - - including Personal Individual Rights - - - would be insane - - - creating areas similar to Tribal Ideology.

Obama is steadfast and methodical. He was handed a mess. Much of what the Reps complain that he hasn't done - - was blocked by the Reps themselves.

America was destroyed a long time ago.

No - - progression is change.

The changes may not be what everyone wants - - but they are what some people want - - and those people fought for that change.

Sound familiar? Its what America was built on.
The basic of what the founding fathers fought for was in the constitution. The constitution has been shoved aside since 1992 since the UN treaty supersedes it. Since 1992, what America was supposed to be seized to exist. Progression is change, but change is not necessarily progression. It's progression for the ones in power and digression for the ones who actually do all the work and pay all the taxes.

Again: The changes may not be what everyone wants - - but they are what some people want - - and those people fought for that change.

Progression is the natural course. Those with the most power will affect the progression. This is their country too - - and they have taken it in the direction they think best. We really have no way of knowing what they think "best" is. We assume they are greedy and self-serving - - - because they are the "haves" and we are the "have nots".

The Constitution is a framework. But it is also 200+ years old. If there are not changes over a 200 year timeline - - something is wrong.

I will not use the convenience of the Constitution to complain about life. I am where I put myself. There are leaders and there are followers. Bill Gates (average dude) made it in his own lifetime. So have others - - who were not born with a golden spoon in their mouth.

What are you really doing to make things the way you want them?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Again: The changes may not be what everyone wants - - but they are what some people want - - and those people fought for that change.

Progression is the natural course. Those with the most power will affect the progression. This is their country too - - and they have taken it in the direction they think best. We really have no way of knowing what they think "best" is. We assume they are greedy and self-serving - - - because they are the "haves" and we are the "have nots".
Hitler did what he thought was best too.. Just sayin'....

The Constitution is a framework. But it is also 200+ years old. If there are not changes over a 200 year timeline - - something is wrong.
There's a difference between changing something and making the whole thing irrelevant, especially when some things are there to protect the people from the government.

I will not use the convenience of the Constitution to complain about life. I am where I put myself.
Tell that to anyone born in a 3rd world country, or in a ghetto, who turn to crime because society does not offer them any other choice to survive.

There are leaders and there are followers.
I'm not sure in what context this is.

Bill Gates (average dude) made it in his own lifetime. So have others - - who were not born with a golden spoon in their mouth.
Yeah. Average dude. Not low class. Low classes rarely (if ever) get a proper chance to prosper. The middle class only allows a few to prosper. This goes back to the core of the money system.

What are you really doing to make things the way you want them?
Organizing my own thoughts and actions.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

We are not in Hitler's time. We are in our time.

We have never had global communication as we do today.

We have never been in the political position we are today.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yeah. Average dude. Not low class. Low classes rarely (if ever) get a proper chance to prosper. The middle class only allows a few to prosper. This goes back to the core of the money system.

Enough with the excuses.

Anyone can make it in this world - - if they make it their priority.

I have to give credit for those that not only hold on to their money - - but build on it.

Most people fritter away money - - because they don't know the difference between Want and Need.

Bringing anyone into your life that's disrupts your singular goal of "making it" - - is a Want not a Need. That includes family.
edit on 1-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Most people build wealth, especially when the opportunity exists.

The problem with our current system is that the opportunity to build wealth is being stripped away.

First we have to pay for grossly inflated cost of a degree just to be eligible to get a decent paying job.

Then we have to buy an automobile designed to fail after so many miles, just to function in our infrastructure, and pay high rates of insurance, and high interest rates until we develop a good credit rating.

Then we have to pay an over inflated price for a house.

Most of our money is being taken by interest paid to the bankers.

Only after we fix this mess, can we start to accumulate the wealth that is our due as the hardest working population on the planet.

This is the mess created by the bankers and the foolish pursuit of free market economics. The repub candidates only desire to make this situation worse by turning over more power to the bankers.

To expect Obama to fix this mess in three or four years is pure fantasy. At least Obama is not down running down the path of destruction the republicans are trying to force us down.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Annee

Most people build wealth, especially when the opportunity exists.

The problem with our current system is that the opportunity to build wealth is being stripped away.

Most people do not build wealth. Most people spend money and make no real effort to make money work for them.

The opportunity to become financially sound is still there. The problem is people want to have a life too. You pay for having a life.

If money is what you want - - then make that your goal. There are new young entrepreneurs every day.

I'm sick of those who blame their own ills on those who have money - - - do more in your own life to be one of those - - if it bothers you so much.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Enough with the excuses.

Anyone can make it in this world - - if they make it their priority.
There is no excuse. It's clear that you have no idea how the money system works. There is always more debt than money in circulation. The only way for some people to prosper is to leave others without anything. That is the truth.

We are not in Hitler's time. We are in our time.
Everything Hitler did was considered legal. Don't forget that.

We have never had global communication as we do today.
And yet governments are trying to censor that all over the place, so only they have it and leave the people in the dust.

We have never been in the political position we are today.
Lol...... The political position we are in, is oppression of the people. That has been happening throughout history. You can try and disguise it like all the fancy stuff on a christmas tree, but that's the core if the issue, and it has not changed.
edit on 1-2-2012 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

There is no excuse. It's clear that you have no idea how the money system works. There is always more debt than money in circulation. The only way for some people to prosper is to leave others without anything. That is the truth.

Please tell me how the money system works for you.

What have you excluded from your life's expenses - - - to guarantee your goal of being wealthy.

And the specifics on what you do - are doing - to make your goal of wealth a reality.

edit on 1-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

I have zero interest in discussing Hitler. This is not the time of Hitler.

The world today is not the same as the world was during Hitler's time.

The politics of today - - - are not the same as the politics during Hitler.

This is today.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about the system as a whole. I have no problem with rich people, as long as it's earned in a fair manner instead of ripping off the people. I'm not poor either nor do I consider money as important. Like, I don't get how people believe in charity. If the money donated actually went to solving the main problem, say cancer, they would put themselves out of business. That people don't see that is beyond me.

How money works is simple. When money is created by the banks, they charge interest. So, if they print a 1000 dollars, and there's a 1% interest on it, 1010 needs to be payed back. But, the additional 10 dollars does not exist. The only way to get those 10 dollars is to print more money, increasing the amount of debt. And what happens when you print money? Its value goes down. Why do you think the value of the dollar is so low now compared to 50 years ago? And that's the issue. Governments are printing like crazy, decreasing the value of the money of the people, letting them have harder lives, while the rich have no trouble at all. It's a pure parasitic system.

It works the same on the people level too. If two people have a mortgage loan, say each loans 100 dollars, there is 200 dollars in circulation, and there's interest charged. So in total say 202 dollars needs to be payed back, let's say 101 dollar each. It's obvious that both people will not be able to pay off their mortgage because only 200 exists. So one of them will end up with 101 and the other with 99. The one with 99 will lose his house and the other will not.

It's a myth that everyone has the opportunity to become rich. It's what they want you to think so you don't rebel against this broken system. The system is not built to sustain the people. It's built to transfer all the wealth from the poor to the rich.

And about your refusal to look at history.. Whatever.. Keep your delusions then. Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.. I'm outta here..
edit on 1-2-2012 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I'm not talking about me. I'm talking about the system as a whole.

I'm talking about you.

What have you done to make your life happen. What have you done to have that "pot of gold".

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I do not wish to talk about me on a public forum. Plus, it does not concern you. This is about the world. Not about me. I'm flattered, but, I'm not the world

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

And about your refusal to look at history.. Whatever.. Keep your delusions then. Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it..

I am not refusing to look at history. Lucky me or not - - I'm old enough to have experienced the hatred of Jews - - from by "perfect" middle class white Christian neighborhood not too far from Hollywood CA.

Not too different then what's going on with the Gay attacks today. Ridding the world of a "blight" for God. I don't recall that America immediately jumped right in there to stop it.

TODAY - - one of the #1 important UN focuses is human rights. The UN has stepped in to put pressure on countries that put gays to death or in prison for life. This is NOT Hitler's world anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be voting for Obama.

If you've worked at the same job for 5 years. How long would you say it took you to be fully competent in that position? When you really felt comfortable and that you had 100% confidence in performing your job?

Obama was handed a mess. I don't think anyone could get a full handle on that mess and turn it around in 4 years.

I want to see Obama prove himself in the next 4 years. I am confident he will.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You aren't talking about accumulating wealth, you are talking about becoming wealthy, and they are not the same. Accumulating wealth is healthy, pursuing becoming wealthy is extremely destructive to society.

Wealthy people are one of the biggest problems in our society, because most of the money these days is being made by crooked business practices. Being addicted to accumulating wealth is probably the worst addiction, because it typically involves screwing over other people, and doing very bad things, like destruction of the environment and slave labor in China.

The problem is people want to have a life too. You pay for having a life.

WOW! That's how you see it? Being successful and having a life are mutually exclusive? That is a pretty twisted outlook.

With current technology, most people should be able to have both. That is the healthy direction to take.

It is those addicted to money who screw everything up for everyone else. They don't contribute to society, they are parasites ruining society.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I do not wish to talk about me on a public forum. Plus, it does not concern you. This is about the world. Not about me. I'm flattered, but, I'm not the world

You've made my point.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You've made my point.
Which is?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Wealthy people are one of the biggest problems in our society, because most of the money these days is being made by crooked business practices. Being addicted to accumulating wealth is probably the worst addiction, because it typically involves screwing over other people, and doing very bad things, like destruction of the environment and slave labor in China.

So - - you know for a fact these accumulated wealth people don't support charities and support building up communities - - etc etc.

You are making the choice to see a singularity.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

With current technology, most people should be able to have both. That is the healthy direction to take.

Should?

It is those addicted to money who screw everything up for everyone else. They don't contribute to society, they are parasites ruining society.

Should we put them in jail? Because a person's goal in life is money - - they should be denied their right to pursue it? I knew a guy like that. Actually I worked for him. That was his goal. He studied money. He became a CPA in his early 20s. He is now extremely wealthy.

That makes him in a parasite ruining society?

Gee - - - I'm sorry that I don't blame him for me not being wealthy.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

They certainly don't put back into the system as much as they take out.

Certain levels of wealth are understandable, and good, but things have gone crazy lately.

You certainly shouldn't have to give up on having a life in order to accumulate reasonable amounts of wealth.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join