It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low IQ & Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Based upon observations, the insignificant nobody me have to agree with the findings. It seems prejudice does indeed belongs to those whom have low IQ, for they prefer to be blissfully ignorant, simply accept orders as they are unquestioningly, adopt moral values as told to them, and teach their next generations to behave like them as well.

Mankind's progress would be doomed if all humanity behaves in such ways, for there are opportunists awaiting in the wings to take advantage of this flaw, not for mankind's benefit, but only their own.

But equally on the flip side, I had seen Excessive greed bursting forth from the wellsprings of high IQ individuals. They are cynical and are self centred, with moral behaviour only a public lip service to perform now and then, and teach their children as such.

HIgh moral values but low IQ is the same as high IQ without moral values, for it only dooms mankind. There must be a balance, and that balance lays in EDUCATION - to teach our next generations well, to have high IQ and high moral values.

No doubt we are all born equal, but with unequalled opportunities in life, some will fall behind while some will reach the stars. And those whom reached the stars must never leave those on the wayside behind, but to pull them up and help them along the way. Those whom had fallen, must equally courageously confront their errors and ignorances, to rise back up.

Utopia? A dream ? Perhaps, but all that are achieved realities of our current civilisation started out as dreams, and through perseverance and hard work, we had seen many dreams by mankind turned into reality today....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

i]Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

No doubt we are all born equal, but with unequalled opportunities in life, some will fall behind while some will reach the stars. And those whom reached the stars must never leave those on the wayside behind, but to pull them up and help them along the way. Those whom had fallen, must equally courageously confront their errors and ignorances, to rise back up.

i86.photobucket.com...

Well said.

You sir, or ma'm, seem to really have it together. Education is the key to ending racism

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

No, I don't think they're dumb, they're just very crude louts or still trying to cling to antiquated ways which wound up not working then and definately shouldn't work now. These days theres no reason to be prejudice against any race.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

On the other hand, Intuiting types are characterized as imaginative, abstract, and concerned with the future. They trust hunches and possibilities.

By contrast, the attention of progressives [is] directed toward an imagined future."

[emphasis added]

Source

Yup pretty much my view of liberals. So how is it bad now to be conservative when liberals are the ones imagining and daydreaming all over the place?? There is much bias in this article it is not even funny. Oh, but I guess I'm racist now, huh?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is political baiting at best

linking socially conservative to the Republicans is just.... stupid

I guess that means that Michael Savage is correct too "Liberalism is a mental disorder"

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So many factors play a role in racism. Too easy to cherry pick and prove all theories right or wrong as we've all probably seen in this "study" or that.

A question on "it's in the genes".

If we're all equal, how is it blacks tend to have an advantage (as a whole) physically? Anyone who's played sports of any kind can attest to this, or you can use your eyes and watch a basketball, football or baseball game. Pretty interesting how a minority population dominates in this. So if it's a physical advantage, which I would assume we could agree "breeding for for hundreds of years" would likely play a role. Why is it so hard to imagine the brain (also something physical) could be "better" in certain races?

Seems being Politically correct can affect critical thinking.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I find many of the finest minds are social liberals and fiscal conservatives, or more simply libertarians.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

I am an athlete and can attest that the stereotype you just regurgitaed is false. During my long career I have seen athletes of all races and body types come and go. What creates an athlete is discipline and the desire to succeed. Blacks do not have "faster twitch muscle fibers" or whatever the hell bigots believe. I have trained with strong black people as well as weak ones. Some watch their diet and train rigorously therefore are strong and agile while others may be undisciplined and fat. Humans come in all types, colors and strengths. What makes one stand above the other, physically, is dilligence. Join a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu class and you can match your strength, speed and cardio vs people of all races. You will quickly see your stereotypes deteriorate and accept people for what they are, people not colors. Dammit.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
This is political baiting at best

linking socially conservative to the Republicans is just.... stupid

I guess that means that Michael Savage is correct too "Liberalism is a mental disorder"

The funny thing is, the really, really horrible racism in the USA like the Eugenics's movement, where and are a bunch of leftist egg heads. The fact of the matter is who to leftist's associate with?

In the past: The KKK and the WKKK,
In the Present you got Feminism, Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, various atheist groups that get their jollies persecuting Christians, and rabid homosexual groups intent on marginalizing heterosexuality(see Sweden , how the gay's their are trying to get rid of a "hetero-normal" culture by persecuting heterosexuals[same what atheist's seek a secular culture by persecuting Christians).

As a society, we would be better off rounding up the 20% of the population that are out and out leftist's and giving them their own proportional land mass and outlawing leftism in our respective countries.

Because leftist's are the most singularly intolerant people on the planet. They can't stand the idea of anyone living in a way which they disagree with. As leftist's tend to be psychopathic control freaks.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Soooo, people who believe that a fetus is just a mass of cells and humans are parasites have the higher iq? Interesting. Who funded that study? Soros? Greenpeace? Adbusters? Kevin Jennings? Al Gore?
edit on 6-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

oh yah Margaret Sanger, social liberal for sure.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

The point of this article is...?
Conservatives are dumb-brained monkey's?

I'm a libertarian but I know there are a lot of smart people in all parties. Just because one has more sheep doesn't make it less credible.

edit on 6-2-2012 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Your response is just as dumb. The whole thing is not scientific. A bunch of libs just decided to poke conservatives in the face with their usual "we're smarter than you are". lol

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp

There's no gentle way to put it: People who give in to racism and prejudice may simply be dumb, according to a new study that is bound to stir public controversy.

The research finds that children with low intelligence are more likely to hold prejudiced attitudes as adults. These findings point to a vicious cycle, according to lead researcher Gordon Hodson, a psychologist at Brock University in Ontario. Low-intelligence adults tend to gravitate toward socially conservative ideologies, the study found. Those ideologies, in turn, stress hierarchy and resistance to change, attitudes that can c

There also have been studies that found that what people call prejudice is just statistics. See

Not a prejudice, but a statistic: Unknown Milgram’s experiments

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Basically what this communist drivel is trying to state is:

"White people are bad, racist, and stupid. But since we can't yet say that directly, we'll continue to use the term "conservative"."

I was a libtard myself and know the conflict that eats at them from the inside. Liberals are usually smart and staunch proponents of science. They know the fairy tales they shout don't jive with reality, but they're hostages to the systematic guilt instilled within them.

A liberal will tell you the ins and outs of evolution. They will detail to you how every single species is unique and worth saving. But in regards to actual humans, they have to disregard all science and go forward with what "feels good" or "seems nice".

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The study says, socially conservative, not conservative. Kind of a misleading title.

Originally posted by wingsfan
Basically what this communist drivel is trying to state is:

"White people are bad, racist, and stupid. But since we can't yet say that directly, we'll continue to use the term "conservative"."

I was a libtard myself and know the conflict that eats at them from the inside. Liberals are usually smart and staunch proponents of science. They know the fairy tales they shout don't jive with reality, but they're hostages to the systematic guilt instilled within them.

A liberal will tell you the ins and outs of evolution. They will detail to you how every single species is unique and worth saving. But in regards to actual humans, they have to disregard all science and go forward with what "feels good" or "seems nice".
Well it looks this study wasn't completely wrong given this post.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that idiots exist in near equal portions in both parties.

At least, that's my opinion.

I see both parties spouting out garbage at the other, and nobody wins.

From the first page, the sensation-intuition thingie is quite interesting.

It would seem a brilliant individual would have a good mix of sensation & intuition...a good grasp of history and it's cycles, and a deep understanding of the potential future for our species.

The combination of the two would likely provide clear insight into what is best for society.

Basically, it's just radicals who are above the idiocy. The people who get to the root of problems.

Everyone else is just being played for the fools they are.

Well, that's my opinion on the matter, for whatever it may be worth.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, being a social liberal, my instinctive response us "well duh!". but I really should try to elevate the discussion.

Are racist people dumbarses? sure. racism comes often through ignorance..and ignorance on this subject in particular is becoming less and less acceptable in a connected society.
Ignorance of course being a pretty good symptom of having at least a lazy mind, if not a slow mind.

Social conservatism is a broad subject though. I find those moved by race or religion to be stupid, however, things like abortion and such I wouldn't classify as idiots also as there are valid discussions either way.

Fiscal conservatives now, there is a broad spectrum. Both sides of this coin (fiscally liberal or conservative) have both thoughtful intellects and braindead idiots...so you can't box that in..

But social conservatives..sure. bunch of drooling, helmet wearing, window licking morons

-in my opinion...
based on studies shown in ops, and personal experience-
then i should had been given a 'moronic' degree from the MIT.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepankarm

Well, being a social liberal, my instinctive response us "well duh!". but I really should try to elevate the discussion.

Are racist people dumbarses? sure. racism comes often through ignorance..and ignorance on this subject in particular is becoming less and less acceptable in a connected society.
Ignorance of course being a pretty good symptom of having at least a lazy mind, if not a slow mind.

Social conservatism is a broad subject though. I find those moved by race or religion to be stupid, however, things like abortion and such I wouldn't classify as idiots also as there are valid discussions either way.

Fiscal conservatives now, there is a broad spectrum. Both sides of this coin (fiscally liberal or conservative) have both thoughtful intellects and braindead idiots...so you can't box that in..

But social conservatives..sure. bunch of drooling, helmet wearing, window licking morons

-in my opinion...
then i should had been given a 'moronic' degree from the MIT.

Well, Degrees are always good to have either way

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

-in my opinion...

Meh. I've seen sheeple and idiots on both sides of the spectrum from "those durn feriners took our jerbs" to "I gots me an Obama phone paied from Obama's stash."

I've seen conservative bigots and liberal bigots. Neither side has a monopoly on idiotic people

<< 1  2    4 >>

join