It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me challenge my beliefs.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

Well an archetype is a personality, a fractal is a self organizing organism (dead or alive).
If you want to consider the whole universe as an organism (d or a), you have washed up on the shores of my beliefs

I see, I was using that word more in a "pattern" or "behaviour" meaning. I see our beliefs aren't so different in the end

Thanks you and thanks everyone for the enriching talk. I'll come back later for more!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Thats an assumption, taken from the words of scientist

I couldn't find easily a simulation tool to locate Eris current position. If you can direct me to one, I'll be more than glad.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceGoatsFarts

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Thats an assumption, taken from the words of scientist

I couldn't find easily a simulation tool to locate Eris current position. If you can direct me to one, I'll be more than glad.

Okey Ill will search, but respect your maker

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

well for pattern it is the same.
for behavioural archtype, it is very different.
why?
because behavioral patterns are not isolates, they are reactive.
they are free will incarnate, but nonetheless they are reactive. although this may one day change.
now fractal patterns or the other hand are the possibly the system itself, not a reaction to the system.
fractal patterns are both reactive, active and somewhat passive, so patterns could be another way to call them.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

On what minute must I pause to see Eris?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Google Video Link
Found this one on my stumble upon account

THE ILLUSION OF REALITY
edit on 26-1-2012 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

look beyond the definitions in the dictionaries ,

then you may find the direction in which the answers lay .

the answers are beautiful yet complex in their simplicity .

hmm.. think that shall refrain from further hints the journey is one that ultimately must be completed on ones own .

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
everything can be verified in one form or another, name one thing that can't.

The meaning of life?

You're born. You do some stuff. You die.

Game over...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

It seems I kinda reached a plateau lately. I feel like I got all the answers I've been looking for and yet I also know it's all an illusion, and the more I let my belief system crystallize, the more likely I am to build myself a new dogma to imprison myself in. So here is where I need you.

The first thing you want to do is stop pretending that you have all the answers you've been looking for. That's a contradiction when you go on to state that you have more questions. You want to go higher yet you say that you've reached a plateau.

You sound like a person who is always looking for answers. For anything. That being the case, you need to stay humble. Asking for help like you just did is a good start. Keep the momentum going by staying as in tune with nature as you can. For instance, when Spring comes let something positive about you start to grow. As summer starts to arrive feed that with positive thoughts and actions. When fall hits, make it a point to let something else positive come from what you planted and cultivated, started and worked on, in the 2 previous seasons. That's called reaping what you sow. Others call it karma. And since there is never anything totally positive about anyone, when winter comes find something about yourself that's negative and let it die. This will make room for more positive things that you can bring out into your life. If you do things of that "nature" you just may see things for what they really are. Not as an illusion. In this rush and hurry world that we live in, people just don't have the patience to do things like this anymore. If you want something good in life, I mean REALLY good, you have to let nature take it's course. And it will.

Stay away from the crowd mentality as much as you can. You can do this as easily in the country as you can in New York City. It's called keeping yourself to yourself and it works wonders in helping stay in touch with who YOU are, not how society has you labeled. There's a BIG difference there.

Another thing is that I don't know why you would want to equate a belief system as something that keeps you imprisoned. Being in a prison like that isn't a very good way to get answers. And wanting answers is something that seems to come naturally to you. Again, stay as close to nature as you can and don't imprison yourself. Don't stand for something so rigidly that you will never give yourself the chance to change.

Anyway, that's roughly the beilef system I try to adhere to. Maybe parts of it can help you find the anwers you're looking for. I'm human, I make mistakes so I don't always succeed in sticking to the general rule of thumb that I just laid out. But here lately I have been getting better at it. Again. I kinda let myself go there for awhile.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2012 by Taupin Desciple because: Because they asked nicely.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeordieLegend

The meaning of life?

Game over...

I would just add, it is the middle part that is interesting.
Enjoy your time on Earth, can't go wrong with that one!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I love god but i hate his stupid fans
(I dont really hate anybody)
edit on 26-1-2012 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeordieLegend

The meaning of life?

Game over...

Hey........that's what I just said.

The point I took out of that is that you don't want to take things TOO seriously. It tends to bog you down.

It does me at least.

To the OP. the least you could've done when you came back was make another account so you could change your handle.

SpaceGoatsfarts??.........Really????

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Interesting thread ...I had a realisation this morning and was thinking how to approach the subject .This thread ,I believe has manifested such a place ..

Just so you know,my faith is in Christ Jesus and draws from His word....The concern comes from what I spotted in the comment section of a thread bashing religion and all the ills of that topic as well as the benefits from differing members points of views ....The op of that thread would be considered a atheist and one would think that he/she making a thread in a forum dealing with such subject matter would not make sense ,because to them it is a fiction .

We have a notion of truth and false in most subjects except one ,that would be fiction ..in fiction ,anything goes .but when it comes to subjects that we seek to believe, we have to find the truth and recognize the false in order to truly believe ...iron sharpens iron comes to mind, but I may be using it incorrectly here . If we rub the truth with the truth will any sharpening happen ? If we take a false statement and rub it against another false statement will we be any closer to the truth? I think not ..

I recall 5 or more years back I was reading comments on a Christian Theology website at a Dallas University where the supposedly Christian students with the professor were going at it tooth and nail about the divisional opinions within the faith ...It wasn't a pretty picture and I went to the scriptures where The Lord Jesus taught his disciples a very very important lesson.So I put it into the comment section, only to see what they would say...It was the only comment I made on that discussion and as it turned out, the last comment in that discussion ...

So.. I guess what most people genuinely want is to get at the truth ,while others do not ..We see it in all subjects except one and that is fiction ..so that raises a question for me and that is ,are these Atheists that make comments just Trolling? If they are just Trolls ,should we feed them ? Do Trolls really exist ? Or do they exist only truthfully in fiction?

I would expect flames and the like coming at me for that last paragraph ..lol What I am going to do at this point is to direct the readers of my comment to the bible and the lesson taught by the Master Himself ..

Mar 9:36 And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them,
Mar 9:37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.
Mar 9:38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
Mar 9:39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
Mar 9:40 For he that is not against us is on our part.
Mar 9:41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
Mar 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

I personally found as a Christian I had to unlearn some misunderstandings I picked up threw my journey in what we call life on my way to what we call eternity ..I found I have misunderstood the very book I was relying on to find the truth in..In your op you kind of asked a question to find a question ..yea that is a very good point ,and one we all desire to know ...Kind of useless having a accurate map while looking at it upside down ...recalibrating our selves is important before venturing deeper into the woods ..

That is all I have to say and I wish you luck ...I will leave these 3 vids for those who may ponder and consider how well even as a Christian,Muslim, or who ever might learn something ...but for those that think its all fiction I say move along,,nothing to see here ...peace and love to all

Joel Richardson On Islamic Prophecy, End Times
Jole Richardson pt1 www.youtube.com...
pt 2 www.youtube.com...
pt 3 www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Belief is the psychological state in which an individual holds a proposition to be true. Instead of looking for a consolidation of your belief, perhaps you should look for something different to believe in? I don't mean something completely left wing, but perchance a new conspiracy? Or maybe you should open yourself to new opportunities, religion, education, lectures, concerts; anything which may spark your interest.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I have two ideas about this universe and get pushed and pulled between them.

On the one hand, the universe is a pattern like a wave, with descriptive phrases and/or words that come to mind being frequency, amplitude, wavelength, change over time, and so on. It's a sea of discord, most of which is unseen and far greater than us. We're momentary travelers displaced into insignificance by things we struggle to understand. We're here not through choice, but chance alone.

On the other, the universe is our playground, our sandbox, our get-away. Maybe we exist somewhere beyond this reality and came here as souls to inhabit this body. We (mostly) do not remember our soul for the duration of our stay here. Words that spring to mind are experience, love, adventure, friendship, virtual reality, recombinant, and so on. Perhaps our souls already know everything there is to know and strive to re-experience this universe in the guise of a lower life-form such as ourselves.

I gravitate towards the former just because the latter stretches the limits of Occam's Razor. I have to assume that what is apparent around me, the patterns and frequencies and dynamics and physics and events, represents best what could be called reality. So I have to assume that we're insignificant temporal beings in a vast cosmic processing unit. This processing unit, over billions and billions or trillions of years (perhaps even connected to infinite universes), produced life through trial and error. Everything we see is brute force processing, even intelligence. There's no meaning outside of what we have here and now.

The universe is like a processor and there're all of these chaotic patterns. What exists exists because it survived the universal rules that're implicit in this universe. Nothing came about magically. Very much cause and effect. This does not exclude quantum fluctuations from the list of potential influences, though. It just means that there's no necessary guiding intelligence other than the universal laws that act as the instruction set. Everything we know is the product of trial and error over billions of years of time and over billions of light years of space and (potentially) across incomprehensible numbers of inter-connections with other universes. My numbers might be incorrect, but this is the general idea. It's very naturalist.

The latter idea, that this universe is simply a kind of simulation or fantasy, is something I've wondered about and have contributed to from my connections with others. It's possible. Imagine for a moment that we're part of a high-level civilization that has populated billions of galaxies in different sorts of ways. Think for a moment that we can exist however we want. We can exist on computers, we can exist as plasma, we can exist just about anywhere or any way. For some reason, we get bored. Maybe there's a limit to things we can know about the universe? As a result of this and also the diverse technology available, some of us decide to exist as souls that can live inside the matrix of a living being (such as humans). We forget who we're or where we came from. We retain all of the memories after the life-form dies. It's a way to re-experience reality without the boredom and without the constant universal awareness. This may also simply be a simulation that we exist in. But we had our soul memories removed from our awareness.

But as I stated already, I mostly put my faith in the naturalist perspective. It assumes the least, IMHO. But reality could be some hybrid or maybe even have pieces of these ideas instilled in it.

One of hte most intriguing questions is whether any species has achieved a sort of eternal life? I doubt it. If we did happen to live forever we'd experience eternal deaths of self since nothing can remain the same, not our body nor our personality or character. Change is constant. If you stop it, then nothing exists. But the idea that we could live forever is not impossible, it just is an old fashioned idea that presupposes a person never changes. I foresee an eternal person suffering countless changes to their being.

Imagine you lived 1300 years, for example. You probably experience many changes. What you're on your 900th year is probably far from what you were on your 300th year. In effect, you died. You may have memories of that time period, but you're not the same person, nor is your body the same. The person in year 300, for all intents and purposes, is dead. Not much different from present day reality, is it? In fact, the differences between different people, in -our- reality, are probably on the same level that the person in year 600 would see when recalling themselves from year 450 or 500. Do you see what I'm getting at?

Living forever does NOT mean you stay the same! Therefore, WE live forever in EACHOTHER!
edit on 26-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

The meaning of life?

the question itself is flawed, there is no 'meaning' but the one you create yourself

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

So...ya want someone to challenge your belief on ATS? Why?

I would say that everyone has a belief (yep..even the atheist) and everyone's belief are always challenged. As one grows the belief changes. I think it is Universal Law.....everything changes.

To challenge your belief I would first need to know what it is you believe on a particular subject.

Do you believe in Aliens and if so...why?

Do you believe in a Creator and if so... why?

Do you believe in our reality being nothing more than an illusion and if so ....why?

Do you believe what you think you know is really not even close to the truth and if so....why?

Do you believe in the Adam and Eve story? If so...would you say that having a choice of free will to know good and bad verses knowing the meaning of life was a good choice and if so ....why?

I LOVE hearing of others beliefs and talking about them verses what I think I know and or believe at the time. I like a respectable conversation whereas there is not one of us thinking we "know it all" because I frankly think none of us are even close to a know it all status.

If you ever just want to converse back and forth about a belief....feel free to message me because I LOVE thinking about deep stuff.

Jenn

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

hya
wow that is deep
that is what i have been trying to fathom over the years
but have lacked the gray cells to explain it
thx for yours that made me trip(ive only had 3 beers lol)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
"Belief is a denial of truth, belief hinders truth; to believe in God is not to find God. Neither the believer nor the non-believer will find God; because reality is the unknown, and your belief or non-belief in the unknown is merely a self-projection and therefore not real."jiddu k

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowlord

Lol what a tease.

But you are right, theses answers mean nothing if not experienced internally, so it's quite useless to post what you consider your ultimate Truth considering others will immediately accept and incorporate it.

It's a bit more complicated :p

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join