It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Mr. president, Abortion Is Murder! Life Begins At Fertilization! That's A Fact [snip]!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

"Morality" doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

But the "love, life, and freedom" of that 17 year old neighbor girl is usually pushed aside for the "love, life and freedom" of a faceless nameless zygote. Because somebody HAS TO PAY!! One human's life and freedom sacrificed for a non developed person (although "human"). Gotchya.

Great twist to what I said.

I will simply say this: If you were not raped and you don't have any risk of death, you will find no shred of empathy from me. Sucks to be the 17 year old. Enjoy your consequences!

"No shred of empathy".

I'm getting it. Crystal clear.
edit on 27-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Once again, I must truly congratulate you at the scale you can twist what someone says to fit your agenda.

Truly, a champion of the act.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: Le Spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

You need "God" to tell you that we're more valuable than worms?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Once again, I must truly congratulate you at the scale you can twist what someone says to fit your agenda.

Truly, a champion of the act.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: Le Spelling

As you've been all over this thread with your "agenda"?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

What agenda do I have but cold, emotionless, logical, objective science?

Personally I would ban abortion entirety except when someone could die. But logic does not follow what I believe. Thus I do not push this agenda.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I find that it's usually not worth it to argue with someone who believes in sky wizards. It's usually a safe bet that their logical capabilities aren't as vast as they'd like to let on.

Who can say if our lives are worth anymore than a worm's life. It could simply be human arrogance that manifests because of some biological survival instinct. To say: I'm made in the image of god I must be so important and I must live.

At any rate god certainly doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

What agenda do I have but cold, emotionless, logical, objective science?

Hahaha, that actually made my day.

Thou dost protest.....

My word, you're actually convincing yourself before our eyes to be of scientific character and logic.

I blush...

link   

If there were no God, I don't believe my life would be anymore valuable than a tree, worm, or anything else. What makes you think yours is, intellect? Why should one creature have greater worth than another?

edit on 1/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by andersensrm

And when that choice violates....love, freedom, and or life, then we have a problem.

The consequences would only be because the law says you cannot do that.

And that, at the end of the ay, is the purpose and function of the law. To say that we, as a society, frown on X an smile at Y.

This is why the government should not issue marriage licenses, because love is between two humans as they see fit to express it willingly. This is why the government should not bailout corporations, because people's life and time are eroded away by over powerful entities on government life support.

There's tons of others, but at the end of the day, we as a society smile at anything that increases life, love, and freedom, and frown at that which decreases it.

The forgetting of this fact, is a horrible tragedy.

I 100% agree.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

Yeah Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness no wait knock boots don't want your child you get to deny them their rights.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

If there were no God, I don't believe my life would be anymore valuable than a tree, worm, or anything else. What makes you think yours is, intellect?

If you would like to debate "God", by all means start a thread and invite me.

I look forward to the opportunity.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

And if ye do not have something to speak of with proof, then why speak?

I push truth. What the science says. Plenty of what I believe contradict that. I don't speak on those matters on these topics. Because matters of life are matters of science, not faith.

I could just as easily use a Dawkins-based argument to defend human life purely on an atheistic western philosophy format.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

And if ye do not have something to speak of with proof, then why speak?

I push truth. What the science says. Plenty of what I believe contradict that. I don't speak on those matters on these topics. Because matters of life are matters of science, not faith.

I could just as easily use a Dawkins-based argument to defend human life purely on an atheistic western philosophy format.

"Defend Life"..

Interesting concept when we look at ALL the variables and definitions.

Life=Baby= Human?

Life=Cancerous growth?

Life=Third eye or extra limb?

"Life" is used as an emotional appeal in many contexts.

Life of the 'unborn' vs. the already sentient and breathing existing human?

Who's to say who is a true "Altruist"?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thank God we have a 10th Amendment clause being looked at very seriously these days with respect to the STATES deciding. At least there's a buffer before all out chaos on the issue in a time where our country is already in the toilet logically, ethically, financially.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Free free to start one yourself. I'll chime in if I have anything of worth to add. Give me a break, I'm working with a 113 IQ. Fortunately, I have alot of faith and love to make up for it.

I will say this. One of the priests at my church was Jewish then turned atheist and did intellectually determine the existence of God to be true converted to Catholicism and became a Priest. Wish he would post here.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Give me a break, I'm working with a 113 IQ. .
One of the priests at my church was Jewish then turned atheist and did intellectually determine the existence of God to be true converted to Catholicism and became a Priest. Wish he would post here.

One of your priest proved the existance of God.
Working with a 113 IQ

(chin scratching)interesting

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

If there were no God, I don't believe my life would be anymore valuable than a tree, worm, or anything else. What makes you think yours is, intellect? Why should one creature have greater worth than another?

A beautiful sentiment. Wish I could star you more.

Apparently, my opinion isn't worth a response from those that glorify in the freedom to end life.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Free free to start one yourself. I'll chime in if I have anything of worth to add. Give me a break, I'm working with a 113 IQ. Fortunately, I have alot of faith and love to make up for it.

I will say this. One of the priests at my church was Jewish then turned atheist and did intellectually determine the existence of God to be true converted to Catholicism and became a Priest. Wish he would post here.

I wish he would too.

Faith and Love are concepts. Humans make up these concepts. They mean different things to different people.

And I don't fault your self prescribed "low IQ". LOL I don't think you're stupid for your belief, it's just that it's a belief loaded with fallacy and lack of logic. I don't look down my nose at people with "beliefs", I have them too.

I was a born again Christian at one time also. And studied to be a Biblical Scholar.

If that's relevant.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Give me a break, I'm working with a 113 IQ. .
One of the priests at my church was Jewish then turned atheist and did intellectually determine the existence of God to be true converted to Catholicism and became a Priest. Wish he would post here.

One of your priest proved the existance of God.
Working with a 113 IQ

(chin scratching)interesting

Now now.
Your partisan elitism is showing!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join