It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHTF...solar flares...radiation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I just read a ticker go across the bottom of the screen on TV about a solar flare and a flight being diverted to avoid radiation, then said it was to be able to keep radio contact with the plane, sowhich is it?
www.bloomberg.com...

Now I know that there is talk of EMP from solar flares, and the powers to be are not wanting to get people freaked out, but lets look at a few things with some true things happening around the world...things can be getting tied together here.

We are passing close to the sun this year, while its going through some changes and cycles where solar flares are going to reach earth. They are sepose to be stronger than normal and able to knock out some electronics...so they say.

The governments are building massive seed banks, doomsday vaults for seeds and they have been for a few years now, plus some are said to be completed.

There are massive underground bases that have been built over the years, but the governments seem to be in high gear, for some reason. Is there a timeline that they know of...other than 12/21/12?

It seem that we are being distracted with all this election crap, while we argue over who is the best bad canidate for the offices available...kinda lose, lose situation. Watch the left hand, and you don't see what the right hand is doing kinda thing here.

The Economies are crap and yet they keep spending trillions, in what? shovel ready jobs? OK what are those? He refused to let a pipeline go through...NEWS FLASH...there is a pipeline doing it already...wanna know how I know, friends and family live or work right next to it...I have seen it...but yet where is all the trillions going?

Unemployment is up, we are a huge nanny state, even more so than during the depression...the amount of people needing or getting assistance is insane...and yet inflation is still going up and up.

Prices for good like meat, coffee, and fuel have all gone up 25%-85%...food is on the lower end of those % but fuel is on the higher end...so what happens this summer when the fuel prices are up and the farmers need to plant the crops? The price of food is going to go through the roof!! Fuel is used to plant, spray, cultivate, harvest, ship, dry, store, ship and process the food..(its shipped several times throughout the process).

Hear is what I am starting to see as a possible event happening.....
Solar Flares hit earth, they disrupt the electrical grid in the USA and throughout the world.
Power goes out, ATM's don't work, banks close due to power outage(electronic vault doors), gas pumps cannot pump, basically lights out. The solar flares fry some vehicles computer boards...not all but a substansial amount of vehicles quit working. Cell phones, internet, TV...they are fried when the solar flares hit.
Fires break out from candles, lanterns and people being careless, there are no pumps or fire trucks in areas to put out the fire. Stores are closed and the freezers in them have food spoiling or it get raided by people. riots break out because of the situation and people stressing out.
Cops cannot control anything, they are home with there families, to keep them safe.
People that need medication cannot get refills, so within a week or 2 we see massive deaths happening.
Jails have electronic locks that fail, prisions have mass breakouts and guards are not showing up, to protect there own families.
The electrical grid cannot be fixed quickly because the transformers needed for restoring the power, need to be built, but they are built in europe, so it might take many months, even years before all power is back up and running again. The world leaders are all underground in bunkers and bases.

This is a small glimps of what seems to be coming from all the treads, news and information that I have seen or read. There is also an asteroid that wipes out earth too...anyway, you all get the SHTF or TEOTWAWKI.
What have you done to protect yourself?(don't tell me OPSEC) Are you prepared for over a year?
I know everyone here does something to prep, be it skill sets, storage of things...bags...whatever.
Does anyone else think this is a possible thing to happen? If so...how possible...how soon?
What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

You've got quite a few things wrong there, for example, solar flares pose no threat to car electrics...

Theres quite a bit of relevant information throughout this thread that is worth reading:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The strongest geomagnetic storm on record is the Carrington Event of August-September 1859, named after British astronomer Richard Carrington who witnessed the instigating solar flare with his unaided eye while he was projecting an image of the sun on a white screen. Geomagnetic activity triggered by the explosion electrified telegraph lines, shocking technicians and setting their telegraph papers on fire; Northern Lights spread as far south as Cuba and Hawaii; auroras over the Rocky Mountains were so bright, the glow woke campers who began preparing breakfast because they thought it was morning. Best estimates rank the Carrington Event as 50% or more stronger than the superstorm of May 1921.

Ok so wires wouldn't get fried in vehicles or other electronic equipment?
I am just going from information that I have read..and from people that understand it better than me, I am not an electronic kinda guy....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Any scenario could possibly happen just have to hope for the best and plan for the worst with any of lifes experiences. What I find really strange though is lately there is so much "gloom and doom" being spread on this website and others and even in the media its all "gloom and doom". Its like watching society slowly unravel right before your eyes and nothing anyone can do about it, is it just me or has the crap hit the fan just over the past few weeks or so? Either that or the whole world is just a quagmire of depression relentlessly trying to spread its "gloom and doom" mindset.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I am not saying anything will happen as in a SHTF...end of the world event...but with everything on TV saying that 12-21-12 is it the end...hey I am a guy that just looks at the world around me and see's what I see...I hope to be here in 2025 too...just saying.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist
reply to post by saltdog

Any scenario could possibly happen just have to hope for the best and plan for the worst with any of lifes experiences. What I find really strange though is lately there is so much "gloom and doom" being spread on this website and others and even in the media its all "gloom and doom". Its like watching society slowly unravel right before your eyes and nothing anyone can do about it, is it just me or has the crap hit the fan just over the past few weeks or so? Either that or the whole world is just a quagmire of depression relentlessly trying to spread its "gloom and doom" mindset.

I agree with you.
I see what your saying...is there any truth to it? Time will tell.
edit on 24-1-2012 by saltdog because: spelling

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Long span transmission lines and long steel pipelines act as conductors, this does place North America in a bad situation because of the long distances of powerlines, this can create electrical surges so if you don't have surge protection in your home, things plugged in could be damaged. Cars won't be affected, nothing electrical will be if its not plugged in or surge protected.

Like I said, read the thread, it contains a lot of good info.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ok say it isn't a solar flare but a asteroid...like I mentioned also, is it possible that way?
I am curious because if all the things the government is doing/ has done...it all point to a pandemic/ nuclear war/ or somthing like described above...
What are your thoughts about the underground bases, seed vaults other things being done around the world?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I am curious about it, because you don't spend Trillions of dollars to build things, and set aside seeds, fuel and all other assets in that type of quantity if you were not getting ready for something, that you KNOW is going to happen...so what is it?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

It would be stupid to not prepare for a worst case scenario.

Call it insurance...

I have life insurance, doesn't mean I know when I'll die.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I understand that..I do too.
there has to be more than just what we are being told.
I prepare for the worst and hope for the best, but they seem to be the Ultimate Preppers if they are doing all that...so any idea of what they are afraid might happen?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
james4america.wordpress.com...

Is this a creditable news place for information? I figured I would ask you, since your from downunder.
edit on 24-1-2012 by saltdog because: spelling

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I'm not seeing a link between Brisbane and US congress...

But one good point is mentioned in that blog and thats FEMA, they were dragged over the coals for not being prepared for hurricane Katrina, and rightly so too, but now that they have increased their efforts to be prepared for the next "Katrina", they get accused of not foreclosing information on some impending disaster that conspiracy theorists think is coming.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

The sun goes through this every 11 years on average. This cycle is not stronger than last ones, but in fact weaker.
There is of course risk of blackouts and such, but the risk is not greater than it was during last cycle.
This is something we have to live it, as it is something that the sun does naturally during every cycle.
It just seems worse now to some because sun has just emerged from a grand solar minimum with years of very low activity.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I do see your point about FEMA.
There are a lot of people in the US that are worried about all our problems...not just in the US, but globally.
The economies are crap, the moral is very low, Soro's who I don't like and has done many things to help economies crash, has his sights set on our already crappy economy. He can only do so much, but people are funny in ways that will suprise you, they do wierd things out of desperation. With unemployment so high and the spending out of control, as someone from the outside looking in, what do you see here?

Is the tone and thoughts about the same there?

top topics

join