It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please can someone provide a numerical solution.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Like so many here, I have endured a cocktail of news feeds about financial crises, doomsday predictions, Euro crashing, Dollar sinking, pound following suit, etc etc.
I have read and viewed countless articals and videoes about how the whole system is flawed. You only have to take a basic straight line showing the nett worth of a single unit of any major currency over a period underpins that argument.

We are told growth is expected to come from investment, demand, which in-turn means more borrowing and more interest to kick start it off or keep it going.

So can someone more enlightened then me please explain in simple terms how this global crises will be solved, because it seems I must be over reacting as this issue seems only sufficient for 5-10 mins of daily news before moving onto to more important issues, such as what some celebrity has done, who has been nominated for the oscars and whats your over rated sports person has done.

Please provide your solution in numerical terms to show how your numbers add up and what you believe our debit will be in 10yrs and 20yrs, based upon what our governments are telling us.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ottozia

Removing the Human Greed factor

/done

but in all reality... we all look for these answers to come up empty handed; every generation has their doomsday scenarios... this is just worse (looking) because of tools like the internet.

Let's face it we're only as bad off as we collectively think we are... If you are happy you portray it... if you are worried you show it..

Economics is a crazy thing WORLD economics is almost impossible to grasp... But all we can do is stay strong and try to make our worlds (day-to-day) more pleasant..

I've been pondering this on a USA level.... maybe I should look into the world economics a little more.. Obviously we need to do something about volume killers (China).. who really hurt America's bottom line... but isolationism isn't the answer either...

bahhh you got me thinking
edit on 24-1-2012 by DrNotforhire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
ok fine!

5+7=14

there happy?!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
$133,000,000,000= national debt + payout liabilities.

Period. >.< end of story today. tomorrow? who knows.

I was hoping we would take libya's gold but the used 96 tons to pay off Chavez for his missing 96tons a while back. Somewhere US forces and Obama's Buddys in Alqaeda lost 17tons but hey? whats a few tons among friends?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Something like sex,drugs,and rock and roll are going to be hard to factor into the equasition ....peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Drop the FED and that will reduce the interest on debt of 425 billion a year. Cut the military down, bring them home and shut the boarders down like all other countries do in the world.

Get rid of the department of education, IRS, EPA, TSA, ETF, all 3 letter acronyms. Cut all federal workers pay by 10%

Throw out the tax code, establish a flat tax or used tax or a combination of both.

For social security, keep the promises made but make the age of retirement 70. Make it an opted out so I don’t have to pay the 9% tax into SS anymore, but I don’t collect SS when I retire. For all new kids born 2012 and up will have the option of depositing money into SS or creating their own retirement accounts.

These large of a change will throw a lot of people out of work and start a depression in its self. But it’s the changes that need to be made to save the country from a collapse.

Thats just whats off the top of my head for now

edit on 24-1-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ottozia

To address how to fix it you must first determine why its broke..

a) there is a financial war being waged against the west

b) the bankers done it to make lots of money

c) we are witnessing the collapse of capitalism

d) its a natural flucatation and it will sort itself out

e) we are entering a new age

I guess there are others, but thats what springs to my mind.
edit on 24-1-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Use this formula:

#(3.14159)+#(3.14159)² =

Please use wisely!

edit on 24-1-2012 by tvtexan because: furry, I mean fuzzy math.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It can't be solved. The monetary system is a scam. 90% of all US monies are created from NOTHING and only exist in digital records. It's all created based on debt.

It can't be solved, only replaced. It's just a matter of time until it all comes down. Until we either become tired of our indebtedness to bankers and pay down our debts (and stop taking on new debts) thus shrinking the available money supply and rendering interest impossible to pay (have to create more money to pay interest because those funds don't exist anywhere!), or until we are so indebted that payments are impossible to make.

This system has spread around the world as well after being pioneered by European centeral banking schemes and then fed rocket fuel by the American adoption of said scheme.

You cannot follow our current path to a positive conclusion. There is none!

If you look carefully your logical mind will deliver you to the proper conclusion.

Failure is the only option. That can be surmised without even looking at the even more fundamental issues of supply and demand which are racing at an ever increasing rate AWAY from eachother.

Each day there are fewer units of resources left to take from our closed system whilest there are more and more humans that believe they are entitled to take as much as they can get their hands on.

If we limp along long enough with this failed human creation we call our financial system (which may be possible), eventually a force greater than ourselves will put an end to it for us and likely an end to most of us in the process.

It's cool though.. fear not for our planet. It doesn't need the human infection to survive. It will be "happy" to see us go.

edited -

I forgot the equation you requested..

Where "i" is interest and "p" is principle.

i / (p+i) = the percentage of loans which MUST default due to lack of money available to actually pay the interest on loans.

Failure truely Is built in to the system. Thus new monies MUST be created to seek a balance. This debases a currency. Since just prior to the Great Depression, the US dollar has lost over 90% of it's buying power. This inflation is inherant and, importantly, exponential in growth. This is why we seek expansion and growth over all other values. If we stop growing we will be crushed by hyper-inflation.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Fiberx because: addition

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottozia
Like so many here, I have endured a cocktail of news feeds about financial crises, doomsday predictions, Euro crashing, Dollar sinking, pound following suit, etc etc.
I have read and viewed countless articals and videoes about how the whole system is flawed. You only have to take a basic straight line showing the nett worth of a single unit of any major currency over a period underpins that argument.

We are told growth is expected to come from investment, demand, which in-turn means more borrowing and more interest to kick start it off or keep it going.

So can someone more enlightened then me please explain in simple terms how this global crises will be solved, because it seems I must be over reacting as this issue seems only sufficient for 5-10 mins of daily news before moving onto to more important issues, such as what some celebrity has done, who has been nominated for the oscars and whats your over rated sports person has done.

Please provide your solution in numerical terms to show how your numbers add up and what you believe our debit will be in 10yrs and 20yrs, based upon what our governments are telling us.

Check out this guy and how the math really works .....

www.youtube.com...

edit on 24-1-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: embed video

edit on 24-1-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: video embed problem

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

I agree absolutely with your statement.

Ok, it all go bangs that’s a given, but what is the alternative when the dust settles, more of the same BS. I know we jest about such things in our posts, but this situation is serious.
Surely there is a better system then this, but how when we live in capitalist dog eat dog society. Its seems to me the only people who will survey will be the ones who control the current system and who will in turn dish it up again. For what purpose, how much is enough?

What is going on is only the same thing that has been happening to Joe public for years, now it relates to Cities, Counties, States and Countries.

I case its really only a matter of time.
Time 1yr 2yrs 3yrs 4yrs......
Debit 1 > 2 > 4 > 8 > 16 > 32 > 64.........

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ottozia

We face a problem that has been faced before, but now on a global scale. Throughout history civilizations have sapped the resources they depended on for survival. They have starved, died from exposure, died from disease and fought brutal wars of survival.

I suspect we will face the same outcomes in due time.

The growth of oppression we are seeing is a phase of this process. Keeping the ship afloat in a desperate gamble to avoid disaster and protect those in power from the results of their failure.

I no longer believe we have the collective will to deal with such things in a forward looking manner so I have become resigned to preparing for the worst while hoping for the best.

I wish I could offer more productive suggestions but while understanding the issues fits into my caabilities, restructuring society and global economics is beyond me.

I do think step one is to repeal the aggressive, boardering on fascist, legislation that is being foisted on the Western world.

Step two might be to nationalize banking to eleminate the massive corruptive and exploitive power of the banking industry. One needs to have public servents well under thumb to take step two though, which seems to be a serious issue to tackle in itself.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Currently, countries settle their balance of trade using each others debts. These debts do not hold their purchasing power through time, their ability to store value is limited. The way countries will settle their balance of trade in the future is key to understanding where this is headed. Hint: it will not be currency, debts or assets as measured in dollars that will be used as final payment to balance the trade.

From Pragmatic Capitalism:
"As a current account deficit nation, the US government can appropriately be thought of as a net currency exporter. This means that we send pieces of paper over to foreign nations in exchange for goods and services"
pragcap.com...

USA and all deficit countries will settle their balance of trade using real world stuff because sometimes promises to pay back debt in the future are not a good store of value through time.

The USA can settle her trade debts today, using half her gold at a purchasing power of $100,000 per ounce ($16Tdebt/4000tons). It's not the dollar value that is important to the re-balancing, it is the fact that it is half the gold, a sizable quantity, an unambiguous quantity, a real world quantity. China and the Middle East will be most pleased when this happens, likely this year or the next.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
These numbers tend to solve most problems .30 .32 .38 .357 .44 .45 .50 .68 .95

join