It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a thought about the rapture.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
If the rapture comes and takes the believers away, then that would mean that we can finally live our lives free of the crazy people and brainwashing going on. The earth would finally get peaceful and we wouldn't have to conform to the christian ppl. And if your a holy roller going to put a smug response. GUESS WHAT? You wont be here! So you shouldn't care.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoraUndergroundLabs

Those people are the righteous that are to be saved where those who stay are not and have to endure the final days of suffering.

Honestly, i rather go instead of be here while earth becomes a living hell.

The real rapture is on 12-21-12 and its called Ascension 2012.

That is the day we meet ourselves again and discover our true spiritual nature. As told by many cultures from different eras.

The disasters are coming BEFORE the rapture ascension. Not after.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GabrielSevenSeals

Like I said brainwashed. If god made earth for humans in his own image why would he make planets that we can't see or ever imagine getting to?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I was going to avoid this ...but, just couldn't help myself,

Your statement is a little silly, IMHO.

Because by definition if the "Believers" were whisked away to avoid the "Tribulation" as they believe...than they must have been right, and your argument to now be free, would then suggest that you would begin the "Tribulation", and that your freedom from them would mean your subjugation to the so called Anti-Christ, that they have avoided...interesting, but silly.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
the rapture isn't good people magically vanishing in thing air.

the good people will die and all that will be left are the rotten scum destroying the earth and each other.

if you are alive during armageddon, then you weren't one of the good people who died and were spared.

just like the story of abraham and the righteous person, in which abraham convinces God to spare an entire city of wicked and evil people if only one just person could be found, the earth is spared because of the just and good people that walk among us.

but eventually, the good start to die off and the newer generation grows up corrupted by this world and society.
they will either kill off the good people or corrupt them.

we see this every day.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
To quote Billy Madison "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. ".

Do you have any clue about any thing you speak of? I can't even come up with a reply that does your idiocy justice....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

What the silly thing is over half of the country believes in a made up watered down book. Id love to see what it TRULY used to say. After the apocalypse im gonna pick myself up a copy of War of the Worlds, write Bible on it, then start this whole thing over again.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Justice for what? Speaking my mind? Oh wait christians smother any ideas out of existence.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Didn't it happen already? LOL!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Christians are just as lost as the rest of the world my friend...

Why won't people leave them be...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
@ the OP
As far as I am concerned, the apocalypse happened a long time ago, and that was the revelation that Jesus is in charge even if it doesn't look like it.
Rapture is not a well defined term in the Bible and it could be another way to describe salvation and it may mean to be snatched out of the jaws of death.
I recently overturned my opinion that was earlier brainwashed into me from earliest childhood that we are taken to a remote location and see it as more symbolic and the general theme to be taken from it is a growth into a better person and enough people becoming better to make the world better and more "heavenly".

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I love how they say that the "church" will be "Raptured" away and not face the tribulation. Well the last time I read about Noah and the flood, he and his family weren't "Raptured" out of it but went through it. The three Hebrews didn't get "Raptured" out of the furnace and Daniel had to sleep with the lions until Nebuchadnezzar let him out the next morning. So it looks like God has set a track record regarding believers and getting Raptured out of situations.

Looks like a lot of Christians are in for a surprise, they are going to have to go through the tribulation and suffer the wrath of Satan.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoraUndergroundLabs
If the rapture comes and takes the believers away, then that would mean that we can finally live our lives free of the crazy people and brainwashing going on. The earth would finally get peaceful and we wouldn't have to conform to the christian ppl. And if your a holy roller going to put a smug response. GUESS WHAT? You wont be here! So you shouldn't care.

I for one really wish there was a rapture. That way, all of these brainwashed Christians would be gone, and we could all live in peace and harmony for once. But, sadly, John Nelson Darby made it all up.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I feel exactly the same way. Good post.

Funny, most bible thumpers tend to get irritated when I tell them to hurry up with their rapture thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GabrielSevenSeals

The real rapture is on 12-21-12 .......

Can you ask god to pencil in an earlier date?

I'm growing a bit weary of his followers.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

If a rapture does come, it will not be what you are expecting my friend.

First, if it were only believers being taken, few would make the cut. You see, God gave specific commandments to his people. Commandments which you MUST obey. The only reason people do not obey is because they do not really believe.

What commandments?

To love one another.

To love God with all our being, and our neighbor as ourselves.

Simple commandments on the surface, but they require a lot of belief in them to apply them to all.

It takes faith which can move mountains.

Look around you at this world we have created. Is it loving?

So few believe my friend.

It is easy to SAY you believe, but so much harder to find that actual faith.

So with this being said my friend, let me fill you in.

The rapture happens everyday for one who has faith.

Open your eyes and look at the faithless world you live in. Look at how many are still looking for that day.

When all they have to do is open their eyes and be raptured by the person in front of them.

How much faith in love does that take?

Faith the size of a mustard seed.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Thank u guys for some actually positive remarks on this. And for the ones who say it already happened good job. Because every single person you shall meet no matter how holy has one true sin attached to them. Examples be gluttony, which is self explanitory. Greed, how about you ask a devout christian for a hundred see what you will get ha. I could go on. Give it up christians your burning already.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

LMAO. You can have this world, i don't want it. I'd rather be in New Jerusalem with my God the King of kings. But you wont inherit this world you see, because youre going to be destroyed before his millenial reign. Instead, you inherit the flames in the firey lake. The only people that are brainwashed are people like you who are the majority of the world. The Ancient of Days returns soon, and at his arrival you shall be judged and yes we will be here, but you will not.
edit on 27-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

LMAO. You can have this world, i don't want it. I'd rather be in New Jerusalem with my God the King of kings. But you wont inherit this world you see, because youre going to be destroyed before his millenial reign. Instead, you inherit the flames in the firey lake. The only people that are brainwashed are people like you who are the majority of the world. The Ancient of Days returns soon, and at his arrival you shall be judged and yes we will be here, but you will not
I would like to comment on this not so much as to make an argument but as a notice to readers who may happen upon this post, and are maybe not too familiar with Christian theology, that what I am quoting from an above post does not represent mainstream Christianity or even fringe theology and seems to me to be a complete aberration from any accepted, or even known, theology and may be a personal construct of possible future events shared with no one else on earth.
edit on 27-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
To quote Billy Madison "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. ".

I.... really couldn't have put my thoughts into a more perfect phrase. Thank you, Adam Sandler.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join