It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Sounds Hoax by "Waterphone" - Check Out This Vid!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Seriously? Paul Begley's making the videos? LOL is all I have to say to that.

To me, this sounds a lot like some of the sounds in some of the videos.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

www.youtube.com...

"The trumpets have gone viral!" is the owner admitting it's fake. He also comments on his video that it's fake.

He deleted his own comments, where he said he was making money on the google ads. Obviously; it was damaging the credibility. Alberta matches the birds from Kiev Bang-on.

Those are the original two; the rest are obvious.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Regardless whether the sky sounds are being hoaxed, they are not the same as the one in the OP's "waterphone" video! At least not to my ears.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1AnunnakiBastard
Regardless whether the sky sounds are being hoaxed, they are not the same as the one in the OP's "waterphone" video! At least not to my ears.

I agree. But there are other strange sound video's, they just don't sound the same.

I wonder if people are just getting paranoid now, and recording every little thing?

This might be a snowplow, but it's different as well.

This guy disabled comments, but I have a feeling it's real too. Also; completely different than Kiev. I believe anything that sounds like Kiev is most likely fake, and anything that sounds different is most likely... well.. something different.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by klhbrown

Just like when I said "these sound like musical notes" "I've heard a similar sound from zelda avideogame"

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Yeah because I'm sure this one tiny little instrument can blast waves of sound across the globe.... not even.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPhoenix

I will agree with you that the Florida hum is the credible noise, along with other low pitched gurgling hums. Once higher pitches, musical notes, and metallic sounds are added, the credibility decreases. I would wish that those who waste their time creating hoaxes, would put their effort toward helping solve the mystery, because, their very life may depend on it!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by klhbrown

Originally posted by GrouchyGrouch

Since there hasn't been much about the sky sounds on ATS lately, I did a Google news search to see if there were any new reports in the semi-MSM. I found the following article and video.
Apparently, there's an obsure instrument called a "waterphone." It is the EXACT same sound as the Kiev video. Not just "similar" or "sort of" or "kind of" - it's the exact same scary as # sound. Leaves me wondering who the F would choose to play that instrument!

www.examiner.com...

On January 22, 2012, a man from New Decade Production broke the news that the strange UFO sounds being reported from around the world were low tones being played on an obscure musical instrument called a waterphone. This man proved his theory by producing a video of himself recreating the strange sounds using the instrument.

I came across another article that a religious group may be behind this to pump up their following for the "coming apocolypse."

www.ufodigest.com...

In each instance of my investigation into the sounds, the name Paul Begley seemed to keep coming up. This man is Pastor at Community Gospel Baptist Church in Knox, Indiana. Paul Begley has built an enormous presence on the internet, preaching "End of Days" Gospel Revelations, and trying to tie both natural and human world events into evidence of a coming Apocalypse. He also mentions UFOs, extraterrestrials and related content in his internet sermons. The strange sounds are a major topic of his rhetoric for end of days preaching, and come as too great of a tool to legitimize his prophecy. Thus, the chances that he and other members of his religious organization are deliberately releasing videos of this sound are too great to ignore.

His birthplace is hard to locate but I located it to be Kyev, Ukraine. This is most interesting, since the very first video containing the sounds supposedly came from Kiev, Ukraine.

Thoughts, ASTers? A lot of folks still seem to be rejecting these ideas since they've heard sounds in person.

ADDED INFO:
I completely agree that it's not a total dismissal of the sounds, as many ATS members have heard them with their own ears. Just a theory. Maybe a vain attempt to make myself feel better because this new "sound phenomenon" scares the # out of me. I have yet to hear these sounds with my own ears, but the day I do I the day I start digging a bunker under the basement. Lol.
Furthermore, the "waterphone theory" does not dismiss the different kinds of sounds being heard - only sounds similar to those in the Kiev and Conklin videos. People have reported rumblings and "jet in place" sounds. Again, this doesn't debunk those. Just a theory for the scariest of sounds - the mechanical War of The Worlds sounds.
The "waterphone theory" does not address to volume of the sounds that folks have heard in person. It does address the fact that if some of the videos are being hoaxed, an instrument such as this one may be being played in the background. It has been brought up time and time again on ATS that some of these videos are hoaxed by dubbing the Kiev sound into new videos, hence the same birds and background noise. The "waterphone theory" simply implies that maybe the first Kiev video was made with a waterphone and then copied and dubbed to new videos. I'm not saying everybody and their brother are running around with waterphones these days. However, the instrument really isn't that rare. They're used on almost any movie set and you can probabky buy one on Ebay for $20.

edit on 23-1-2012 by klhbrown because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by klhbrown because: Damn links never work

Ah great so the weird sounds that seem to come from the skies lately in my village are a marketing stunt?
You have a e-mail so I can ask them to stop? It is getting very irritating, broke to coffee mugs last weekend because of their "marketing stunt".

edit on 23-1-2012 by GrouchyGrouch because: (no reason given)

Re-read. The words "marketing stunt" were never typed. Breaking 2 coffe cups? Sounds like you need anger managment.

My bad, I wasn't clear.
I didn't break them.
The sound did, or it's vibration.
The sound has become so loud at times things started to shake in our home, IT broke to cups last weekend.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
All these sounds like Dory talking whale

Even my car makes the same sound at random times. Seriously, sounds like the Earth is crying in pain or crying for help.

The thought of a 'Parent' coming to the Earth's rescue is quite a scary theory.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Great! There is this waterphone that sounded like the sounds heard all over the world. Therefore, all those sounds that you heard are from waterphone.

Some agency is in overdrive trying to downplay what is being heard all over the world.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It's clear that the harmonic sounds at least are totally BS. Not one video has shown people running around the street shouting OMG - which is what would happen if these sounds really were reverberating round the rooftops. Others are conveniently shot in the middle of nowhere or in the dead of night. Ffs people...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

You know, a lot of these people posted videos where the only way those sounds could be an instrument is if the instrument were being played by Goliath.

When there isn't any of these in sight (and I have a hard time believing a "waterphone" to be a common household item) it's a bit more difficult to explain.

Why are people so skeptical about believing these sounds? Can't you just accept the wonder without jumping to conclusions? I like the imagination behind it, but ruining it with all these debunking is just ridiculous.

Yeah, that feeling of awe and wonder is special.

Last Spring, I heard this roar of a jet which would come and go with a suddenness that the first time I heard it, and it cut off so suddenly, that I braced myself for an airliner crash. I went outside and could not locate the source of the sound.

It happened again a few nights later and then again and again over the months. I would stand outside and listen-- and try to imagine.

From ATS, I learned that it is a new technology high-pressure water sprayer used for spraying crops and for industrial cleaning. I have since confirmed that the sound I heard was the weekly night's cleaning of the grounds around city hall. I much preferred the sense of mystery and wonder to the mundane.

Every time I watched one of these videos I have remembered the creepy feeling I had of the Tom Cruise remake of War of the World when the gigantic tripod thing announces the preparation of the firing of the death ray with that thunderous horn blast.

Without needing to tell us, the sound effects crew and director know that the sound and the scene will evoke a deeply spiritual awe: Gabriel blowing his horn, for one example.

But the point of the Sky Sounds videos is just that-- to give us that sense of wonder. That it works is neat enough, but it is no fun to have play-time come to end.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
most of the "sky sounds" videos I've seen on YT share a common theme - location

Most of them are taped while INSIDE a room or structure - where access to speaker and sound equipment is common.

Other videos that I've seen are heavily post-produced to highlight the "noises". Either that or the newest generation of vid-corders contain microphones that rival Sennheiser

I'd be interested to see one of these videos that's shot outside, in the middle of nowhere, devoid of cars and technology with verifiable environmental ambient noise.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
Great! There is this waterphone that sounded like the sounds heard all over the world. Therefore, all those sounds that you heard are from waterphone.

Some agency is in overdrive trying to downplay what is being heard all over the world.

And if the sounds were aliens announcing their presence-- then, Where are they?

They called off the show you were expecting?

Been compulsively building images of an ancient lava dome with your mashed potatoes; and these sounds, somehow, made it all make sense?

You had tickets for the Close Encounters of the Third Kind type arrival and now want your money back?

So you console your disappointment and disillusionment with a new manufactured mystery to believe in: That the Power That Be have descended upon the ATS web site to hide the truth?

A wise man once said, "If you want to stop being disillusioned, then stop exercising in delusions."

Give it a rest-- and give yourself a rest. There are plenty enough of REAL mysteries to ponder. It is just that this is not one of them.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
It's clear that the harmonic sounds at least are totally BS. Not one video has shown people running around the street shouting OMG - which is what would happen if these sounds really were reverberating round the rooftops. Others are conveniently shot in the middle of nowhere or in the dead of night. Ffs people...

Those one are most likely the faked ones. I've seen daytime ones and strangers collaborating what they're hearing to each other. I was glad I did see those because I was wondering the same thing you mentioned.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Since there hasn't been much about the sky sounds on ATS lately, I did a Google news search to see if there were any new reports in the semi-MSM. I found the following article and video.
Apparently, there's an obsure instrument called a "waterphone." It is the EXACT same sound as the Kiev video. Not just "similar" or "sort of" or "kind of" - it's the exact same scary as # sound. Leaves me wondering who the F would choose to play that instrument!

www.examiner.com...

On January 22, 2012, a man from New Decade Production broke the news that the strange UFO sounds being reported from around the world were low tones being played on an obscure musical instrument called a waterphone. This man proved his theory by producing a video of himself recreating the strange sounds using the instrument.

I came across another article that a religious group may be behind this to pump up their following for the "coming apocolypse."

www.ufodigest.com...

In each instance of my investigation into the sounds, the name Paul Begley seemed to keep coming up. This man is Pastor at Community Gospel Baptist Church in Knox, Indiana. Paul Begley has built an enormous presence on the internet, preaching "End of Days" Gospel Revelations, and trying to tie both natural and human world events into evidence of a coming Apocalypse. He also mentions UFOs, extraterrestrials and related content in his internet sermons. The strange sounds are a major topic of his rhetoric for end of days preaching, and come as too great of a tool to legitimize his prophecy. Thus, the chances that he and other members of his religious organization are deliberately releasing videos of this sound are too great to ignore.

His birthplace is hard to locate but I located it to be Kyev, Ukraine. This is most interesting, since the very first video containing the sounds supposedly came from Kiev, Ukraine.

Thoughts, ASTers? A lot of folks still seem to be rejecting these ideas since they've heard sounds in person.

ADDED INFO:
I completely agree that it's not a total dismissal of the sounds, as many ATS members have heard them with their own ears. Just a theory. Maybe a vain attempt to make myself feel better because this new "sound phenomenon" scares the # out of me. I have yet to hear these sounds with my own ears, but the day I do I the day I start digging a bunker under the basement. Lol.
Furthermore, the "waterphone theory" does not dismiss the different kinds of sounds being heard - only sounds similar to those in the Kiev and Conklin videos. People have reported rumblings and "jet in place" sounds. Again, this doesn't debunk those. Just a theory for the scariest of sounds - the mechanical War of The Worlds sounds.
The "waterphone theory" does not address to volume of the sounds that folks have heard in person. It does address the fact that if some of the videos are being hoaxed, an instrument such as this one may be being played in the background. It has been brought up time and time again on ATS that some of these videos are hoaxed by dubbing the Kiev sound into new videos, hence the same birds and background noise. The "waterphone theory" simply implies that maybe the first Kiev video was made with a waterphone and then copied and dubbed to new videos. I'm not saying everybody and their brother are running around with waterphones these days. However, the instrument really isn't that rare. They're used on almost any movie set and you can probabky buy one on Ebay for $20.

edit on 23-1-2012 by klhbrown because: Damn links never work

Ah great so the weird sounds that seem to come from the skies lately in my village are a marketing stunt?
You have a e-mail so I can ask them to stop? It is getting very irritating, broke to coffee mugs last weekend because of their "marketing stunt".

edit on 23-1-2012 by GrouchyGrouch because: (no reason given)

Re-read. The words "marketing stunt" were never typed. Breaking 2 coffe cups? Sounds like you need anger managment.

My bad, I wasn't clear.
I didn't break them.
The sound did, or it's vibration.
The sound has become so loud at times things started to shake in our home, IT broke to cups last weekend.

No worries. the sound actually broke your cups? That's crazy! I'd move! Although I don't know where I'd move to, since these sounds seem to be all over these days.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamer99
reply to post by Starchild23

Why are people so skeptical about believing these sounds? Can't you just accept the wonder without jumping to conclusions?

Deny ignorance. Don't embrace it. Do you have any idea how naive you sound?

Hang on a second. Some ATS members have heard these noises themselves. Are you suggesting someone was playing that instrument near them?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So basically people are taking audio tracks from that instrument overlaying it with the audio / video editing programs with footage of the sky and posting this as aliens. Thanks for the info.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Here's a new one - person is walking outside

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join