It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can World Peace Become A Reality?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hello Again ATS,
I will start off by saying I am not supporting or bashing any candidates in my thread. I have my views as do you and my opinions on what's best for our country and what's not. I'm a veteran and I spent almost 8 years in Afghanistan. I posted a thread yesterday regarding a republican candidate that led me to me writing this particular thread today. I come to you today asking you a simple question and I would appreciate an answer that has some quality, thought and substance to your response. I made the mistake yesterday by commenting out of frustration and sometimes passion without properly getting some facts and thoughts straight and as you know on this site, once it's out there, it's impossible to retract and re-do. Even after attempting to apologize and correct myself, too late...no forgiveness....lol. So I will learn from my mistakes but be that as it may, it has led me here in search for some of the brilliant minds to further enlighten me.
I personally believe that in today's current state of affairs within our own country and worldwide that our country needs a strong military, strong foreign government policies, an economy that is able to be self reliant and self sufficient, an economy that is based on our own growth and a morally and ethically sound leader as President. I am a Patriot and love my country, no matter what we've done in the past, I love my family and want the very best for my son and our country in the future. I come from a great family and was raised with great morals and beliefs. That's the OP in a quick snapshot
I have listened to debates and have even argued until I was blue in the face but when you get right down to things, that should be a question to answer first before we as a country pick and choose leaders. In my own opinion, I do NOT believe world peace will ever be possible and I believe this for a number of reasons. The first being that history has not indicated that it's possible and secondly I believe it's built in our DNA, if you will, to be violent, strong, dominant and choose any verb you would like to use, even dumb and ignorant can fit in some instances. But ever since man has kept records, it's been documented that war was not uncommon. So keeping with that train of thought, am I wrong in my belief that world peace is never going to happen? That it's naive and irrational to believe that's even a possibility? Some may say that my outlook is exactly the reason it can't happen but that's incorrect. My outlook is simply looking back over history, reviewing events in my own lifetime and making a conclusion. So naturally, in my train of thought, I assume that we will always have enemies and we must protect our "House" so to speak. I know there's a lot of people that have entirely opposite points of view and that's wonderful....and I appreciate that...I just want someone to be able to provide me with a reason to change that point of view. I'd like to think of myself as an open minded, able to accept ridicule and able to accept being corrected. I actually enjoy learning from others that are more intelligent and have spent more time on a subject than I have so please don't think your comments fall on deaf ears, they won't. But I'm ready to hear how we as a country should think world peace is possible and from that possibility believe that we can choose one person over another to lead our country. And go............. before any responses come in... thanks for reading and actually offering some insight from your point of view, I do truly appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
abolish religion, thats the first thing i would do

figure out a way to get rid of money

or the most contraversial one
.. stage an all out alien visit/alien invasion. worked in star trek. hehe

nah, but in all seriousness i think world peace can never be achieved. but what we have today is governments/elites fueling the fires of war. and thats not helping at all

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It would be possible if we killed all the killers.....kind of ironic

the truth is it is impossible to govern everyone. Peace is a fantasy

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Up the power of the United Nations, reduce the global military power of the United States. Allow every country the ability to protect its own borders.
Enforce the rule of law, through the United Nations.
Outlaw extreemist religious activity. Globaly.

If you could do that, then you would see peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mrgregbusybee

World peace WILL happen it may take the seperation of the Wheat and Chaff of this herd. Thinking of Gerogia Guidstones and realizes the potential overseers intents.. 500,000,000 humans = better control less WARS unless wars humans embedded into larger ummm X army. Otherwise no more human wars.

Also it could be as simple as some unknown agency purchasing all the weapons of earth. OUTTA box a space being nonnative to earth came to earth with some materials more worth then earth total finances and began to sell this material ,and purchased all weapons from side arms to nukes then simply left with all the weapons on its craft???? It also took all the maufacturing plants of the weapons and all the patents
and any who trid to rebuild weapons factories again would be violating the cosmic liscense.
edit on 1/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Utopia does not exist, nor will it ever.

There will always be those who want to see the world burn. (Gotta love a good batman quote)

We can curb the violence and the war mongering by changing the political system and removing the money from policitians hands when it comes to special interest.

Otherwise, it's up to the people to be the change they want to see.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86
It would be possible if we killed all the killers....

My tought exactly... to many people with bad intensions on the planet

edit on 23-1-2012 by drneville because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
World peace, what a boring world would it be.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

More than ironic. What you fight, you become. Kill the killers and you become a killer. When and where will that type of mentality get us?

The answer is not fighting or killing 'TPTB' or any others in positions of open or secret influence.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Indeed

Also, if we had no wars or harsh times anymore how could we define or truly now what "peace" is without anything to compare it to?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Some believe it is possible............but that is those who believe they are the authority of what is right and wrong.

As long as people believe there is not a Creator, that is one God who did it all there never will be peace upon the whole earth.

Peace may be regional....very regional like square acres it will never be upon the face of the earth until the prophecies of the bible all come to place.

And there are not many left to fulfill.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
abolish religion, thats the first thing i would do

figure out a way to get rid of money

or the most contraversial one
.. stage an all out alien visit/alien invasion. worked in star trek. hehe

nah, but in all seriousness i think world peace can never be achieved. but what we have today is governments/elites fueling the fires of war. and thats not helping at all

I agree...religion has been the cause of a lot of wars. Today we have government that has me for one unable to believe a single thing any of them say. and that is a sad state of affairs!!

I really think there needs to be a working group formulated that addresses the constitution (keeping it in tact) but also addressing our current status and how to figure out a way to abandon poverty for one and increase jobs. i think an american formed country shouldn't be allowed to go off to indonesia to hire cheap laborers and skip the codes..etc. I don't know the right answer...but i know it's hard to choose a candidate, any candidate that thinks world peace is even a remote possibility at this time. I'm extremely frustrated with our country right now.....

thanks for taking time to read and comment
greg

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

At this point, I believe that you may be correct. I just don't see how we can try to accomplish peace when nobody else is wanting to or has any desire in the future to. man has been at war since the start of time....or at least the start of this world we are in right now.

thanks for reading and commenting
greg

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcouncil=wisdom
Up the power of the United Nations, reduce the global military power of the United States. Allow every country the ability to protect its own borders.
Enforce the rule of law, through the United Nations.
Outlaw extreemist religious activity. Globaly.

If you could do that, then you would see peace.

Interesting approach. So you propose that we permit the UN with more authority, reduce our dominance or atleast pull back... and allow every country the ability to protect it's own borders...?

Okay...my questions for that approach would be: 1) if we are the dominating military authority worldwide, wouldn't we still be the dominant and dependent military used to uphold the UN, especially when someone gets out of hand so-to-speak? 2) what do you propose we do to allow other countries the ability to protect their borders if they are third world countries and lack the technology and ability to produce equipment to protect itself from say....china? will we as the USA be responsible for providing the equipment and if so...what do we do when that equipment is turned back on us at some point....?? 3) How can we outlaw a relegious extremest group if we aren't policing the world? Religion has been the reason for many many wars...why and what makes you think that will ever stop??

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment and I look forward to your answers to help me further understand your approach. On paper that would be great...I don't know if in reality it could happen though...

greg

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

World peace WILL happen it may take the seperation of the Wheat and Chaff of this herd. Thinking of Gerogia Guidstones and realizes the potential overseers intents.. 500,000,000 humans = better control less WARS unless wars humans embedded into larger ummm X army. Otherwise no more human wars.

Also it could be as simple as some unknown agency purchasing all the weapons of earth. OUTTA box a space being nonnative to earth came to earth with some materials more worth then earth total finances and began to sell this material ,and purchased all weapons from side arms to nukes then simply left with all the weapons on its craft???? It also took all the maufacturing plants of the weapons and all the patents
and any who trid to rebuild weapons factories again would be violating the cosmic liscense.
edit on 1/23/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

You're gonna have to give me a little bit to think about this one...

thanks for reading and responding....i appreciate it as you get my mind working... and for the record...i fully believe in aliens, ufo's...etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Utopia does not exist, nor will it ever.

There will always be those who want to see the world burn. (Gotta love a good batman quote)

We can curb the violence and the war mongering by changing the political system and removing the money from policitians hands when it comes to special interest.

Otherwise, it's up to the people to be the change they want to see.

~Tenth

Thanks for reading and commenting. I agree that there's never going to be world peace, at least so far we haven't seen a plan that could allow it because of what you said above, people wanting to see death, destruction, chaos. it's built into the dna i personally believe. war and fighting is been around for all of this worlds life cycle..

i don't know how the people can change it though. Even if we formed a million man group, 2 million...because of the other % of war mongers, the fighting will still exist and if we could out number and dominate, subdue...just a matter of time before it rises again. GREED is a human factor that will never be subdued for all of people....

I don't know....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonteroReal
World peace, what a boring world would it be.

That's true...so how can we formulate a real opinion and real supportive vote for anyone that believes we as a country will be able to achieve this and in-turn make every other country as well? Makes no sense at all to me!

thanks for comment and taking time to read.
greg

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

More than ironic. What you fight, you become. Kill the killers and you become a killer. When and where will that type of mentality get us?

The answer is not fighting or killing 'TPTB' or any others in positions of open or secret influence.

that's a very interesting point that the gentlemen made, kill the killers....and in-turn we become a killer...the cycle never stops.... it's built into our dna code. it's been happening and will continue to happen until a catastrophic event cleanses our planet

greg

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
By eliminating all of those planning to rule over it.

Problem is, billions would have to die for that to happen.

Which is why as long as humans inhabit this world, there will NEVER be world peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by baalbuster

Indeed

Also, if we had no wars or harsh times anymore how could we define or truly now what "peace" is without anything to compare it to?

Well, we've never experience peace on this planet, at least not in this world cycle....so i think we have a good idea as to how to compare the two. if it was achieved and a hundred or 200 years went by with continuous peace, then yeah, I understand that view point.

i like that statement, it's impossible to govern everyone....

greg

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join