It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If one looks at 9/11 Truth as a scam it becomes clear...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Considering the "movie" that Martin Sheen and Woody Harrelson are about to make about 9/11 (sic) it struck me that there are actually Truthers out there giving money to organisations like ae911 and aa911 and whoever else.

These are people who pride themselves on being able to see through the lies, to detect the ruses and tricks of TPTB. And to prove it they are sending money to organisations with a proven track record of not advancing their claims. They are doing the precise opposite of being discerning, and paying for it. I submit that they are being scammed.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm sure there is a thread on this already, something like look at it as a crime, not a terrorist plot

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The problem with your theory is that it extends beyond truth.

There is only one truth and no one is willing to believe their nation did this to itself.

We are the abused child giving grace to a sick parent.

Everything beyond the truth is immaterial.

To your point specifically, sure, there will always be someone trying to monetize something (9/11, OWS. etc).

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Well either way it is a crime, whether it was a false flag or just good old terrorism.
But the bigger idea comes when you wonder if the attack was done for an idea or for financial or personal gain.
As with most things, I'd say follow the money.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

The truth is some pissed off Arabs were sick of the USA violating their territory, so they flew two planes into the WTC, and a third into the pentagon. Anyone who believes otherwise is an idiot, sorry, but that is my opinion.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by zroth

The truth is some pissed off Arabs were sick of the USA violating their territory, so they flew two planes into the WTC, and a third into the pentagon. Anyone who believes otherwise is an idiot, sorry, but that is my opinion.

Yep..
And then one of the hi-jackers passport, magically fell onto the streets of NY unscathed only to picked up by an FBI agent.
And then the third building collapsed straight down because of fire.

WOW...those Arabs sure are magical.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Over 1500 respected engineers...all idiots huh? You must not have seen anything other than the news for that entire month after 9-11..

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

You said,

The truth is YADA YADA YADA but that is my opinion.

Of course I added the Yadas for the sake of condensing, and the body was strictly speculation as you truly do not know.
But if it just your opinion, does that make it fact?
The fact is Egyptians and saudis were believed to be on the planes, but we went after everyone but.
And better than a decade later, we are expanding our war effort to kill new people.
I dunno bout you but I see something wrong with that.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

That's why those films are always put on YouTube for free.

Fail

Just try to guess how much money I've spent watching several documentaries about 9/11. $500? $100? $50? $20? Nope, not a single penny.

Cool distraction argument though. Instead of focusing on the actual message being pushed through those films, highlight the fact that some organizations are making money from providing people with that information as if that somehow erases any credibility contained within those films.
edit on 22-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

People donate money to churches.

Explain how 13 passports were given out thriugh the same embassy under CIA instructions, then get back to me

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

Actually 4 passports were recovered (hijackers) from all of the planes. Found this interesting article...

What else was on the street, and why couldn’t a passport have made it intact?

If you’re still not sure, preferring to go with intution and say survival was impossible, then consider this story from the Columbia Space Shuttle disaster. The craft broke up on re-entry, 40 miles about the earth, and debris fell over a wide area. Amongst this was one of the experiments involving tiny worms.

The worms and moss were in the same nine-pound locker located in the mid-deck of the space shuttle. The worms were placed in six canisters, each holding eight petri dishes.

The worms, which are about the size of the tip of a pencil, were part of an experiment testing a new synthetic nutrient solution. The worms, which have a life cycle of between seven and 10 days, were four or five generations removed from the original worms placed on Columbia in January.
www.space.com...

Remarkably, not only were the canisters retrieved, but the worms were still alive (the above link tells you more). Who would have believed that? Not the scientist in charge of the experiment, who said in the same story:

``It's pretty astonishing to get the possibility of data after all that has happened,'' Sack said. ``We never expected it. We expected a molten mass.''

In fact if we wanted to start a “Columbia space shuttle crash never happened” conspiracy site then that would make great “evidence”, because it goes against what you’d expect. And there’s a great quote, too. But then maybe intuition doesn’t tell the whole story, and more can survive explosions than you think.

www.911myths.com...

My husband was one of the first responders and after telling me what they saw, I think anything could have survived.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yes I am sure they are getting rich selling coffee mugs.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Careers in architecture and structural engineering don't pay well, they had to resort to selling DVDs online to pay the bills

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Yeah I could kick myself in the rear end for having replied, seen as the admins do not take care of it, please do not feed the trolls.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by flipflops
Over 1500 respected engineers...all idiots huh? You must not have seen anything other than the news for that entire month after 9-11..

Where do these respected engineers talk about the distributions of steel and concrete down the towers?

Where are all of the engineers and physicists talking about this?

Are these people more interested in making their professions look complicated and just want to be BELIEVED? Are physicists supposed to do experiments?

Is the scientific travesty of 9/11 dragging on for TEN YEARS now more important than the crime of 9/11? Physicists should have been asking certain obvious questions in 2002.

Talking about looking at 9/11 Truth in a certain way is more into psychology than physics and says more about the psychology of the person putting it that way than the physics of 9/11.

psikeyhackr.livejournal.com...

psik

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by zroth

No matter how you slice it, America did this to America.

CIA trained these cats in your reality.

Bush/Cheney and co. did it in some other peoples' reality.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflops

Which engineers are you referring to...?

"Box Boy" Gage", "Water Boy" Ryan, Stephen Jones?

You are aware that most of the people who signed are not engineers or if they do claim a degree in
engineering are in some field other that structural engineering

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Try these guys:

Kamal Obeid, Civil and Structural Engineer with 30 years of experience.

Steven Dusterwald, Structural Engineer with 37 years of experience.

Casey Pfiefer, Structural Engineer with a Bachelors of Science in Civil Engineering, with 15 years of experience.

David Topete, licenced Structural Engineer with a Masters of Science in Civil Engineering.

Robert McCoy, licenced Architect since 1964.

Stephen Barasch, Bachelor of Architecture and Masters of Architecture & Urban Design. Founder and President of Barasch Architecture and Associates Inc., a 33 year old architecture planning and engineering firm.

Jan Utzon, Architect and son of Bjorn Utzon who designed the Sydney Opera House.

Les Young, licenced Architect with 20 years of experience.

Ronald Brookman, licenced Structural Engineer with 24 years of experience.

Michael Donly, Structural Engineer with 14 years of experience, works with designs of steel-framed, fireproof buildings.

Richard Humenn, WTC Chief Electrical Design Engineer with 41 years of experience. Principal Chief Electric Engineer for the World Trade Center Complex.

Daniel Barnum, High-Rise Architect with over 40 years of experience.

Jonathan Smolens, Structural Engineer with 12 years of experience. Specializes in Forensic Engineering including evaluation of structures post-disaster.

William Brinnier, Architect.

Alfred Lopez, Structural Engineer with 40 years of experience. He's worked on numerous high-rise buildings.

Rick Fowlkes, Civil/Structural Engineer with over 40 years of experience.
From the thread "Explosive Evidence" in my signature.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
You are aware that most of the people who signed are not engineers or if they do claim a degree in
engineering are in some field other that structural engineering

So what?

You don't have to be a structural engineer, or any kind of engineer, to understand how the towers were built, and understand basic physics. It's really not that complicated. You obviously do not understand enough to even know that.

If you do not understand yourself, obvioulsy you don't by your very own logic as you are not an engineer, you have no right to tell others that they're wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

But wait, what about all the books and movies about 911 by non 'truthers'?

Are they scamming you?

www.flashlightworthybooks.com...

There are many books and movies about 911 that have nothing to do with 'truthers'.

www.ranker.com...

What was the point of making this thread? Bored or something?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join