It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich with 40% Of Vote? -- SC Primary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Results/Exit Polls

I wanted to specifically ask, HOW? I know he "answered well" in the last debate, i.e cater to the bloodthirsty crowd; but these results just seem ridiculous. Unless the votes were tampered with --- which we'll probably never know in the first place --- I think it's safe to say over 40 percent of South Carolinans are imbeciles.

Looking back at the last debate, Newt said that the question regarding his martial affairs is as close to despicable as anyone can possibly imagine.... to paraphrase Michael Shure, despicable is attacking Clinton --- looking to impeach him for his affair, while at the same time cheating on his wife. This man is INCREDIBLY deceitful; a writhing egotistic toad. & I'm dumbfounded how people treat the election like a popularity contest where the candidate who gives the most entertaining answers is the best choice for president. Do these people EVER learn?...

It's sad that the majority can't even see through his tactics. I almost hope he wins just to see America take another nosedive; at which point we can tell these imbeciles once and for all that we told them so. Vote for the warhawk & see how great things turn out.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Sadly, I can vouch for the fact that people here are either smart or dumb as a box of rocks, and there's really no in-between. The Democratic candidate for Governor in the last election was a homeless guy who kept spouting off one crazy campaign line over and over again, and he still got like 27% of the vote. Granted, there are those who hold the current governor, Nikki Haley, has beliefs and policy statements that render her a sociopath.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
There were a lot of factors, including Newt's ability to connect with voters.

He started out running a positive campaign (which turned negative, of course.) When asked "what would you do" he didn't talk in big general statements about push button topics. His staff did their homework and he could talk about local businesses, local concerns, and name companies.

That's powerful. It suggested that he would be concerned about little communities.

He's also a "traditional Republican."

But most of the stories I've seen said that a lot of folks were undecided, and one of the big deciding factors was "can the candidate beat Obama?" Right now, people seem to be losing confidence in Romney's ability to beat Obama. The percentage that went over to Newt is about the same percentage initially supporting Romney (so Santorum and Paul's base didn't change -- they stayed loyal. The Newt/Romney folks are changing their support.)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

You're right. & If you check the exit polls, you can see that Ron Paul came in first with the age group 18-29. As the age group rises, the more Gingrich dominates. The older generation is sadly/unfortunately dumbed down, easily convinced & uses an American Idol type criteria when evaluating their candidate of choice.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Here's how
Who is Newt:
04/02/1987 – He cosponsored the 1987 Fairness Doctrine
10/22/1991 – He voted for an amendment that would create a National Police Corps.
03/—/1993 – He Voted for sending $1.6 Billion in foreign aid to Russia.
11/19/1993 – He voted for the NAFTA Implementation Act.
11/27/1994 – He supported the GATT Treaty giving sovereignty to the U.N.
08/27/1995 – He suggests that drug smuggling should carry a death sentence.
04/25/1996 – Voted for the single largest increase on Federal education spending ($3.5 Billion)
04/10/1995 – He supported Federal taxdollars being spent on abortions.
06/01/1996 – He helped a Democrat switch parties in an attempt to defeat constitutionali st Ron Paul in the 1996 election.
09/25/1996 – Introduced H.R. 4170, demanded life-sentence or execution for someone bringing 2 ounces of marijuana across the border.
01/22/1997 – Congress gave him a record-setting $300,000 fine for ethical wrongdoing.
11/29/2006 – He said that free speech should be curtailed in order to fight terrorism. Wants to stop terrorists from using the internet. Called for a “serious debate about the 1st Amendment.”
11/29/2006 – He called for a “Geneva Convention for terrorists” so it would be clear who the Constitution need not apply to.
02/15/2007 – He supported Bush’s proposal for mandatory carbon caps.
09/28/2008 – Says if he were in office, he would have reluctantly voted for the $700B TARP bailout.
10/01/2008 – Says in an article that TARP was a “workout, not a bailout.”
12/08/2008 – He was paid $300,000 by Freddie Mac to halt Congress from bringing necessary reform.
03/31/2009 – Says we should have Singapore-style drug tests for Americans.
07/30/2010 – Says that Iraq was just step one in defeating the “Axis of Evil”.
08/03/2010 – Advocates attacks on Iran & North Korea.
08/16/2010 – Opposes property rights of the mosque owner in NYC.
11/15/2010 – He defended Romneycare
12/05/2010 – He said that a website owner should be considered an enemy combatant, hunted down and executed, for publishing leaked government memos.
01/30/2011 – He lobbied for ethanol subsidies.
01/30/2011 – He suggested that flex-fuel vehicles be mandated for Americans.
02/13/2011 – He criticized Obama for sending less U.S. taxdollars to Egypt.
02/15/2011 – His book said that he believes man-made climate-change and advocated creating “a new endowment for conservation and the environment.”
03/09/2011 – He blames his infidelity to multiple wives on his passion for the country.
03/15/2011 – Says that NAFTA worked because it created jobs in Mexico.
03/19/2011 – He has no regrets about supporting Medicare drug coverage. (Now $7.2T unfunded liability)
03/23/2011 – He completely flip-flopped on Libyan intervention in 16 days.
03/25/2011 – He plans to sign as many as 200 executive orders on his first day as president.
04/25/2011 – He’s a paid lobbyist for Federal ethanol subsidies.
05/12/2011 – He was more supportive of individual health-care mandates than Mitt Romney.
06/09/2011 – His own campaign staff resigned en masse.
07/15/2011 – His poorly managed campaign is over $1 Million in debt.
08/01/2011 – He hired a company to create fake Twitter to appear as if he had a following.
10/07/2011 – He said he’d ignore the Supreme Court if need be, order and bypass the constitution and arrest the judges

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Good post, I'll sift through all of these; but the one involving mandatory death sentences for people with over 2 oz. of marijuana I immediately noticed. I saw Gary Johnson talking about that a little while back, and he mentioned it a second time on MSNBC today. I almost didn't believe it at first but then I realized...it's Newt.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
obama just ordered some champagne

the republicans are a mess

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
reply to post by Count Chocula

You're right. & If you check the exit polls, you can see that Ron Paul came in first with the age group 18-29. As the age group rises, the more Gingrich dominates. The older generation is sadly/unfortunately dumbed down, easily convinced & uses an American Idol type criteria when evaluating their candidate of choice.

As someone in that older age bracket, I think you may not be aware of how we assess political candidates. And I think your characterization of us as "dumbed down" is unkind and unfounded.

Just because we're not voting for YOUR favorite candidate doesn't mean we're stupid, blind, inept, unaware of law, incapable of remembering history, intellectually challenged, unable to decypher the logic of statements, fact-check statements and so forth.

We rely less on YouTube and more on reading, however, where you can go back, reexamine statements, and check references.

Not all of us are geniuses, but we're not a pack of idiot savants. We're just like you, only with gray hair and a lot more history that we've lived through.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raelsatu
Results/Exit Polls

I wanted to specifically ask, HOW? I know he "answered well" in the last debate, i.e cater to the bloodthirsty crowd; but these results just seem ridiculous. Unless the votes were tampered with --- which we'll probably never know in the first place --- I think it's safe to say over 40 percent of South Carolinans are imbeciles.

Looking back at the last debate, Newt said that the question regarding his martial affairs is as close to despicable as anyone can possibly imagine.... to paraphrase Michael Shure, despicable is attacking Clinton --- looking to impeach him for his affair, while at the same time cheating on his wife. This man is INCREDIBLY deceitful; a writhing egotistic toad. & I'm dumbfounded how people treat the election like a popularity contest where the candidate who gives the most entertaining answers is the best choice for president. Do these people EVER learn?...

It's sad that the majority can't even see through his tactics. I almost hope he wins just to see America take another nosedive; at which point we can tell these imbeciles once and for all that we told them so. Vote for the warhawk & see how great things turn out.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

Ok,taking this personally.

What state are you from so when they come there I can bash them and label the whole state as a bunch of imbeciles.
South Carolina is historically a bible beating ,conservative bunch.
I don't agree with them alot of times,this being one of those,but it is my home.
When they get around more liberal states,things maybe different.

But I'm calling it,not my choice by far,mind you.
But Newt will get the nomination and the republicans will lose.

What can I say,the general public are imbeciles.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Newt can't beat Obama. I'm not sure what would make anyone think this. It's laughable in the extreme.

So, 40% of SC residents just wasted a vote. Good for them. I'm sure they'll enjoy "four more years" of BO.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
He denied faking his twitter followers (a staffer reported that he did it, and typical Newt, he denied it.)
But, I'm saying it happened, and here are some supporting metrics.
news.cnet.com...

You gotta watch people that do stuff like this - they know that so many people see politics as some sort of tribal game and they want to be on the winning team. (And not the RIGHTEOUS team, and I don't mean that in a religious sense.)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Did you happen to watch Jim Acosta in the spin room after the depate when he interviewed Nikki Haley? Someone holding an iphone up to her face asked the question something to the effect of what is going to be done about the media choosing our candidates for us and she shut the guy down saying "we need to be concerned with the larger issue here, that Romney is the only choice, etc." Did anyone capture that segment of the live video? If so can you post? I think Nikki Haley is a tart.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

What's up with South Carolina? Gingrich is that the best they could do? You're right they are either imbeciles or just dumb as a box of rocks. They must've thought it was like American Idol and went with sympathy vote there. They're putting on a really confusing dog and pony show these states with the early primary vote (mine included) spend all there money for this and no clear front runner yet.
Maybe its those Diebold voting machines. Dare we go back and take a chance on hanging chads?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Sadly, I can vouch for the fact that people here are either smart or dumb as a box of rocks, and there's really no in-between. The Democratic candidate for Governor in the last election was a homeless guy who kept spouting off one crazy campaign line over and over again, and he still got like 27% of the vote. Granted, there are those who hold the current governor, Nikki Haley, has beliefs and policy statements that render her a sociopath.

I lost serious respect for south carolina tonite

They have no values and seem dumb

Newt was also ripping off ron paul words tonite and positioning himself as the anti elite guy

Alex jones will be all over this!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
What is wrong with people? Newt is a traitor to the country you stupid hicks! Let me put in words you'll understand "He dun lied to us awl, He 'gainst MERKUH".

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Am I the only one that would love to see Anonymous figure out what companies fake followers like that and spill their client list?

Santorum was yelling "it's about freedom" too - taking lines out of a recent pro-Paul video.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
This is what is happening right now at 310 1st Street Southeast Washington, DC.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

Not all of us are geniuses, but we're not a pack of idiot savants. We're just like you, only with gray hair and a lot more history that we've lived through.

...and with that history, comes wisdom and knowledge. I thought I was smart and knew it all at that age too. I was wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

As someone in that older age bracket, I think you may not be aware of how we assess political candidates. And I think your characterization of us as "dumbed down" is unkind and unfounded.

Just because we're not voting for YOUR favorite candidate doesn't mean we're stupid, blind, inept, unaware of law, incapable of remembering history, intellectually challenged, unable to decypher the logic of statements, fact-check statements and so forth.

Nope your just voting for the same ole same and expecting different results.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join