It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Military Hardware (Tanks etc.) train transported in Santa Cruz today

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Great Video, but lets not get carried away, for all we know they are on their
way to be mothballed, or even sold.
Especially as there are no gun barrels attached.

The barrels are traveling seperately.Very likley a security precaution.

link   
Anybody have any ideas on where we might want to deploy forest camo Bradleys?

link   
reply to post by Manhater

Considering this footage was captured in southern California this morning, I think you might have another sound on your hands.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Already did, see third post. Great minds...
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

DUUUUUUH

Totally missed that!

I know in some places its common to see train loads of military equipment, but isnt this a bit much?

Sounds cliche, but it just fits in with everything else going on

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Great Video, but lets not get carried away, for all we know they are on their
way to be mothballed, or even sold.
Especially as there are no gun barrels attached.

The barrels are traveling seperately.Very likley a security precaution.

Knowing our country we will sell them too someone we decide next week has weapons of mass destruction. Then we will go in and blow them all up.... sigh...

link   
But, my question is:
What in that video is any different from that very sight occurring on a regular basis for the past 60 years or so?
My family had land in Mississippi near a railroad track, prior to Katrina. I remember tanks and military vehicles passing just like that from my childhood in the early 80s throughout the 90s and into the 21st century.
(In case you hadn't noticed, we've been a heavily militarized global empire at least since WW2).
Just another day like yesterday, or a day in 1952 or 1996 for that matter....

link   

I don't think it's anything to worry about. If they were planning to implement martial law ( As one poster was seeming to suggest) they probably would not be preparing for it in such an open way.
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Whats an open way and whats a closed way?

To some people in the West and Mid West, as yourself, see this and say "its normal, they transfer equipment from one base to the other", but if they were preparing, how would they hide all of THAT? In the middle of the night? Would still blow cover...

The best way to hide things is in plain sight.....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I would have to guss a mechanized infantry unit?
They could be going to patrol the US/Mex border maybe?
Naw! just kidding!
Are those thirteen or so wierd looking things in the middle the units fuel bowsers?
There wasnt one tank on that train.....
Thats no comfort if they are for martial law purposes, as thats the vehicle they would use for the heavy in such conditions...tanks would be overkill i think....
Bradleys or whatever these are carry a crew and a squad of troops inside for dealing with other infantry etc....

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
WOW! That was a long train. I did start counting the tanks, but got bored and played with my cats instead. lol

Rev

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
those look like bradleys strikers (near the end?) and some kind of fuel trucks i wonder where they are headed and could they not be painted yet for where they are actually going as they are coming from storage?

cant post a link cuz i saw it on facebook but my friend took some photos of a convoy of bradleys going up 880 about an hour ago so perhaps something is up
edit on 20-1-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Good point you make about coming from storage, maybe they are on their
way to be painted Camelflage!!

Did you see what i did there!!
edit on 20-1-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Seen in Watsonville, CA, eh?
Camp Roberts

Camp Roberts is a California National Guard post in central California, located on both sides of the Salinas River in Monterey and San Luis Obispo counties[1], now run by the California Army National Guard. It is named after Harold W. Roberts, a World War I Medal of Honor recipient.[1] Nearby communities include San Miguel, Heritage Ranch (Lake Nacimiento), Oak Shores (Lake Nacimiento), and Bradley, all unincorporated. The nearest incorporated city is Paso Robles.

Camp Roberts is host to annual training to almost every California Army National Guard unit and it is also used by the British Army.

Fort Hunter Liggett

Fort Hunter Liggett (US Army Garrison, Fort Hunter Liggett (USAG, FHL)), named after General Hunter Liggett in 1941, is a United States Army fort in southern Monterey County, California, about 250 miles (400 km) north of Los Angeles and 150 miles (240 km) south of San Francisco. The fort is primarily used as a training facility, where activities such as field maneuvers and live fire exercises are performed.

Maybe the tanks are heading towards either of those after being received by ship from a port around San Francisco Bay?

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

well basicly the whole coast of ca is tank rated roads (meaning tanks can use the roads) and where i grew up in the santa cruz mountians as a kid the roads even the mountian ones are rated for tanks(skyline,old santa cruz highway,old san jose soquel roads) and have been that way since early ww2 (when we blew up wrights station the train route from santa cruz and the coast to the silicon valley)so i think they are either moving them to paint them or pre postitioning them for potental use soon(shipping them out) they do have lots of nat guard bases dotting the coast line and im pretty sure watsonville has at least one

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hey, i dont think there is anything to worry about. I see many of these trains passing through my neighborhood about 6 times a year or so. In fact back in May I saw a train with military equiptment, yet they were desert colored, which i have rarely seen, so i made a thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread702962/pg1

It seems to be the norm. They have to transport these vehicles somehow, and its more cost effective to do it all at once- That is why there are so many.

Supposedly, these trains are usually going to/from the manufacturer new or to be refurbished.

Edit: working link to thread :

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread702962/pg1
edit on 20-1-2012 by alittleironic because: Link

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Seeing as I am not all that familiar with this kind of hardware, are these considered relatively new, or have they been around a long time? Is the fact they are still camo green a good thing as opposed to the sand camo? Isnt the big naval base in San Diego, and if there were to be shipped, wouldn't that be where they would go?

I guess the good news is they weren't heading east deep into the states, unless of course it is all harmless, which more than likely it is, but still, like others have mentioned, with everything else going on these days, who knows.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I`m no expert, but could they be for sale? By the looks of the camo they could be on their way to India maybe

India has jumped to become third biggest arms purchaser from America logging contracts worth over USD 4.5 billion last year.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
one poster might be right; these MIGHT have been stockpiled and coming out of storage, then again, they MIGHT be part of a national guard unit going to support the NTC (National Training Center) at Ft Irwin in CA. I'm in NC, and alot of the NG's stuff here is still painted in woodland camo, and when I was up in AK, our stuff was painted woodland camo.
It can also be a unit that has returned from overseas with new paintjobs still going to the NTC
Seriously, nothing to worry about

ETA: the Bradley IFV in all its variants have been around for 15 or more years, I seen em at Ft Hood in the 90's
edit on 1/20/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
www.amc.af.mil... my buddy who used to be in the airforce sent me this i guess they could be getting shipped to other depots retired or just getting there yearly maintenance or could even be part of some overseas arms deal but either way here is a link for you guys

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Seen in Watsonville, CA, eh?
Camp Roberts

Camp Roberts is a California National Guard post in central California, located on both sides of the Salinas River in Monterey and San Luis Obispo counties[1], now run by the California Army National Guard. It is named after Harold W. Roberts, a World War I Medal of Honor recipient.[1] Nearby communities include San Miguel, Heritage Ranch (Lake Nacimiento), Oak Shores (Lake Nacimiento), and Bradley, all unincorporated. The nearest incorporated city is Paso Robles.

Camp Roberts is host to annual training to almost every California Army National Guard unit and it is also used by the British Army.

Fort Hunter Liggett

Fort Hunter Liggett (US Army Garrison, Fort Hunter Liggett (USAG, FHL)), named after General Hunter Liggett in 1941, is a United States Army fort in southern Monterey County, California, about 250 miles (400 km) north of Los Angeles and 150 miles (240 km) south of San Francisco. The fort is primarily used as a training facility, where activities such as field maneuvers and live fire exercises are performed.

Maybe the tanks are heading towards either of those after being received by ship from a port around San Francisco Bay?

My first thought was Camp Roberts. I can't tell you how many times I've driven by on the 101 and seen trains parked with all kinds of equipment on them.

Don't really see anything coming of it despite the fact that it was alot of equipment.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

I lived next to Ft. Hunter Liggett and worked there in the education center back in the late 90s. FHL is one of the largest military bases in the US based on square mileage. It is also the main base for tank training. If you drive on the road that bisects the base when the tanks are out doing target practice, you can literally feel the sonic shock wave as they shoot those cannons off into the hills. It is the same base where the movie "We Were Soldiers" was filmed.

I remember when they were outfitting the Apache helicopters with missiles. Those helicopters can sit perfectly still in the air and shoot huge missiles without so much as a shudder. The hilarious thing was, it was called "Operation Javelin", and the only reason I knew that was because some idiot private put out some hand painted signs at the entrance to the base which said "OPERATION JAVELIN ENTER HERE". He later got smacked upside the head for actually putting that on a sign for the public to see, LOL.

Camp Roberts, off the 101 in Bradley, is another happy little place for the military to play.

It is hard to tell why the tanks are being transported, but chances are they are being shipped down to Liggett

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join