It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Hampered Fight Against Al Qaeda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
President Bush yesterday said that because of his leadership, "America and the world are safer."1 But almost three years after 9/11, Osama bin Laden remains at large, while the U.S. government admits top al Qaeda leaders are planning attacks on America from the Afghan-Pakistan border region.2 And now a new book confirms the President actually shifted key resources away from the fight against al Qaeda in Afghanistan.

Full Story: www.misleader.org...

I find the above paragraph to be so true. How can we be safer if Bin Laden is still at large and the Department of Homeland Security says Al Aaeda is planning more attacks? What President Bush says about "Americans and the world are safer" is misleading. This is one of the many reason why I'm not voting for Bush.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Exactly mrmulder the world cannot be safe if bin-laden is still out there and we are still on terror alerts and top al-queda operatives are still at large.

The whole entire campaign of bush is "American and the world are safer"

How safer we are when US citizens cannot even travel outside the US without the danger of being targeted.

How safer we are when terrorist targets the rest of the world, look at Spain, Russia.

How safer we are when we are living everyday with the treat of a "terrorist attack"

How safe we are when the Taliban is well and active in Afghanistan and we forgot about them because this administration is to busy protecting his Halliburton and Cheney investments in Iraq, it seems that our soldiers are dying in Iraq for oil.

Bush forgot about bin-laden and obviously he is still somewhere calling for the death of the Americans. Bush he left Afghanistan in ruins, with a weak government that has no power outside the capital and the rest of the country controlled by warring warlordsican people.

That is what he did to Afghanistan and he dares to claim they are free; well they are free to have more terrorist camps in their lands.

Without unfinished business in Afghanistan and not bin-landen the truth object of obsession was targeted Sadam and the rich oil lands of Iraq.

Now he has turn that country to a terrorist haven in which they can target Americans soldier at will. This president and his greed for oil has turn that country into war zone and still he claims the "world is a safer place"

Well I will like to know where this world is located because obviously it is not on planet earth.

Can some body explain to me the �world is a safer place� means.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Couldn't have said any better myself Marg. The truth is we aren't any safer but Bush and Neocons want us to think so. Why? So Bush can get re-elected again. I wish the American people would wake up and see the lies the Bush Administration tells.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Too much

Exactly

Now the U.S. has 1/3 of the world as an enemy.

and is threatening Iran and NK.

I am sooooo glad my son is a disabled Vet (Gulf 1) and can't be called up. I just hope Bush and his followers are out of office by the time my granddaughters are draft age!

"and death appeared upon a pale horse" (from Texas no doubt)

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Although I have a feeling that (as has been discussed to death on this board) OBL is help captive and the news will come out before the election...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Although I have a feeling that (as has been discussed to death on this board) OBL is help captive and the news will come out before the election...

Then Bush needs to say "We are safer because we have caught Bin Laden." If he is holding this information just because of the election coming than that IMO is Un-American.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Well like my current siggy says he's got 50 days to turn the 1097 day Osama snipe hunt around before the election. Every day he waits just makes it look more shady.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
more senseless drivel from the resident ATS Lefties.

The world is safer, haha, your chance of getting killed this week in an auto accident are far greater than dying from some terrorist act. The Bush administration has hit terrorism head on, has exposed it for what it is, and is fighting a bloody nasty war, globally, to contain it. Because terrorism was not confronted during Clinton's years does not mean their hatred and determination to destroy Western civilization was not extant. I think many here fear the truth which has been exposed. Bush did not create terrorism, but he, and the staunch, right wing republicans have the guts to fight it head on.

flame on!

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smokenmirrors
more senseless drivel from the resident ATS Lefties.

The world is safer, haha, your chance of getting killed this week in an auto accident are far greater than dying from some terrorist act. The Bush administration has hit terrorism head on, has exposed it for what it is, and is fighting a bloody nasty war, globally, to contain it. Because terrorism was not confronted during Clinton's years does not mean their hatred and determination to destroy Western civilization was not extant. I think many here fear the truth which has been exposed. Bush did not create terrorism, but he, and the staunch, right wing republicans have the guts to fight it head on.

flame on!

Pathetic drivel a-la neocon

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Well, Karl Rove actually. THere now, happy? That's the ATS you want? How about responding to a point with a point, supported data vs. supported data.
Or is "smoke & mirrors" all that you expect?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

your chance of getting killed this week in an auto accident are far greater than dying from some terrorist act.

Then again....

If that were true, then the Department of Homeland Security wouldn't keep putting out all of these terrorist warnings, now would they?

Now for those who believe Al Qaeda is soley responsible for 9/11 then we aren't any safer with all the threats being announced on tv. On the other hand I don't fear terrorist because they IMO are insignificant. The governments has had the tools for years to keep an eye on terrorist all over the world which is why I believe 9/11 could've without a doubt been prevented. I fear the U.S. government at this point. They're the one's who pose the biggest threat to me and my family.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder

your chance of getting killed this week in an auto accident are far greater than dying from some terrorist act.

I fear the U.S. government at this point. They're the one's who pose the biggest threat to me and my family.

Wow, I would surely get the heck out of D.C. if my fear were the U.S. government.

"Well, Karl Rove actually. THere now, happy? That's the ATS you want? How about responding to a point with a point, supported data vs. supported data.
Or is "smoke & mirrors" all that you expect?"

Problem here is, supported data? coming from the web if misinformation called the internet? yeah, haha, that's a good one. Problem here is one of perspective. The argument will never change. It is the proverbial a. the US is evil, Bush is a criminal crowd, the CIA causes all terrorism, including 9/11, yadayada, vs. b. terrorism is real, al queada is real, the islamofacists brought down the twin towers, Bush is legitimate and the government of the US, and many other nations is really, i mean REALLY, fighting a REAL war against terrorism, yadayada.

you choose which you believe.

I sure am not convinced by so called "proof" that comes from some website.

My grandpa early told me, don't believe everything you read boy.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I fear the U.S. government at this point. They're the one's who pose the biggest threat to me and my family.

Wow, I would surely get the heck out of D.C. if my fear were the U.S. government.

I don't live in D.C. So there.

don't believe everything you read boy.

Right back at ya!

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Hampered it, H*ll he has created more terrorists in Iraq then were eliminated in Afghanistan. Furthermore The job in Afghanistan was never finished. Add to that the fact that he has done nothing to locate, contain, acquire nuclear materials around the globe. He has turned an entire global community against the US by being a rogue cowboy. Irresponsible control of the military at Abu Grabe has inflamed the Arab [and the rest of the] world towards the US.

Perhaps the reason they have done nothing about nuclear materials is because that is their next scripted act in the play about terrorism.

Perhaps they want to foster chaos for when we hit peak oil and the expected collapse comes. That way it will be easier to invoke martial law.

to smokeandmirrors, the US isn't evil persey the US government is evil without a doubt. Many American citizens are not real bright. They would rather suck up what is shoveled to them on broadcast TV than invest some healthy intelligent skepticism. I realize many of them are over worked [but also overfed], but if they don't rise to the needs of the nation they will most likely be crushed under it.

Who am i to judge though, maybe some people are happy being system drones.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   
From a personal perspective I do think the world and americans are safer. I am an american who lives in europe, My home is in eastern europe, Romania specifically, which has a huge muslim and arab populaton. In addition I spend at least two weeks a month in western europe, and usually a few days a month farther east (turkey bulgaria rtc.) I have never once felt unsafe in either eastern europe or farther east.. In fact the only times I have felt unsafe has been in western europe, not because of muslims or arabs but because of europeans. I was in a coffe shop in amsterdam and was nearly attacked by a netherlander during (what I thought to be) a friendly debate of U.S. foreign policy. The same type of thing has happened in germany, france etc. The only times I have ever felt threatened have been when trying to talk to the europeans in europe and presenting my views. Everytime I refuse to accept the blamket assertions that what we are doing is wrong, and that our foreign policy is bad, people get heated. I guess europeans just cant accept that not everyone agrees with them.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I know that what I am going to say is going to make some scream outrage and lefty but I there it goes.

US past administrations and present administrations are the ones that created the terrorism in the middle east they supply the "terrorist" with arms and they trained them when they were our "friends" then when things became to obvious about US administrations greed for their oil, these people complain turned them into the "enemy" of the US, now when obviously and regardless what anybody think Iraq importance to US is not its vast sand reserves but their oil, the entire middle east "citizens" hates us and rather die to allowed the "infidels" take their resources, now who is to blame.?

If any body thinks that bin-laden and Al-queda one day decided to come to US and create 9/11 because it felt like doing it just for fun, you better go back and check what US and bin-laden deals were about before he became our number one enemy.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   

as mentioned by mrmulder
What President Bush says about "Americans and the world are safer" is misleading. This is one of the many reason why I'm not voting for Bush.

Annnnnnnnnnd mrmulder, Mr. F'in Kerry has what to say on this issue of making "us", you, me and this world, safer? Please be as specific as BoutTime expects of those who have countered the anti-Bush rhetoric, k? Or is this all a matter of more smoke & mirrors as we have come to see from you, BT, ECK, and countless others in their consorted efforts to see Bush removed. Lil' heads-up though to you guys......those proposed poll numbers that you utilize when they so suite your needs are reflecting exactly how screwed the Kerry campaign is and how "on the point" they are with their laying out the issues and alternatives to the American people, eh?

Get a grip, k.....who exactly is playing with "smoke and mirrors".....

seekerof

[edit on 14-9-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I find the above paragraph to be so true. How can we be safer if Bin Laden is still at large and the Department of Homeland Security says Al Aaeda is planning more attacks? What President Bush says about "Americans and the world are safer" is misleading. This is one of the many reason why I'm not voting for Bush.

The most important thing to understand about BushCo is that the opposite of what they say is the truth. White is black. Night is day. Yes means no. Pure and simple.

For them to make the claim that we are now safer, is just plain BU#. Our nation and our citizenry have never in our history been so in danger from fanatics and the honestly aggrieved. This administration has purposely created more enemies with their unjustified aggression and unimaginable vengeance. They will rot in hell for what they have unleashed.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I said my piece, take it or leave it.

lie

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hi,

I am agree that the Bush-administrasion has failed with the terror policy - because they have not captured Osama bin laden - who is the leader of one of the worlds largest terroristorganisation. But why has the Bush-adminstration failed when it comes to Iraq and Afghanistan - I mean the mislead destroying of Tailban, a create of a safe Afghanistan and why have not the Bush-admistration found weapons of mass destrution in Iraq??

Why has the Bush-adminstration supported terrorism for a long time... but now the U.S. are against any kind of terrorpolicy, is`t that dobble; morale????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join