It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Hampered Fight Against Al Qaeda

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Never ending war and controlled chaos is the name of their game. Catching Osama would make folks believe "the war" is over. Or at least nearly won. BushCo. doesn't want anyone getting the idea that might happen. But then again, they might just produce Osama just in the nick of time for the election. It's all illusions.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Bah we're not fighting anything head on.
Invading Iraq to stop terrorism is like invading panama to stop the drug trade. Despite the right wing propaganda terrorism is a criminal threat, that can only be countered by using law enforcement techniques. Contrary to popular belief this does not mean you send Osama asummons or sue Al Quaeda for property damage. This means you send out field agents to locate the enemy and then special forces to bring them in to face punishement. You cant locate a terrorist cell in New York by bombing a hut in some third world country.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This talk of "we need to catch Bin Laden"...do you honestly think Bin Laden is responsible? I think it should be very obvious here who is the real terrorist. Bin Laden is a convienient scapegoat just like Hussein, the Taliban, and our own CIA's little sociology project; Al-Qaida.

And so what happens when we 'find' Bin Laden? What then? Too many people are convinced that he created all this terror nonsense...nothing short of his death in public will satisfy them. And to those of us who realize Bin Laden is the Lee Harvey Oswald of this administration...nothing short of an admission by our President will satisfy us.

Bin Laden won't be found...at least, not before this election. There's a lot at stake for Bush...nobody trusts him and he's upset a lot of people. And it isn't just Bush - it is is administration. Bin Laden won't ever be found alive...because it's too much of a liability. He'll be found dead...when he can't speak.

As she wrote in the Open Letter to Dick Cheny; we have been forewarned!

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
alrighty, this might be news, but Osama does not care about oil! of course, we do, here in the US, even those of you who say this invasion of Iraq and displacement of it's volatile leader is unjust and that it is purely because of the oil reserves in Iraq. you need that oil too. there aren't enough electric vehicles out there, in fact, there is not enough electricity being produced in the US or elsewhere to power vehicles for everyone to switch from petroleum products to electric power (which, many times, is created by burning fossil fuels, anyway). the US is definitely protecting the oil in Iraq from being destroyed. the US may get a slight kickback for their efforts once Iraq's oil production gets on it's feet, but we aren't TAKING Iraq's oil, that would be way too obviously illegal and, in fact, would be just what Saddam tried to do to Kuwait. Osama has never expressed interest in oil, that i know of, except to say that that is the only reason the US is over there. guess what? that may be true, or it may not, but if it is- what is the BIG DEAL? those oil reserves need to be protected until the economy and power/fuel structure of the world is modified in such a way to bring in newer technology that does not threaten the US or world economy. Osama just hates the US. one reason is because the US used arabs in Afghanistan to fight the Russian advancement into that country. if this was to secure their own freedom from Russia, why is it a bad thing? Osama also hates the US because of it's very worn average moral code. Islam is very strict and says that if people do not behave this way or that, they are your enemy and don't deserve to live. i'm an atheist and i take offense to that, in fact, i'm the worst as far as Islamic morality goes, Christians and Jews don't even come close to the level of contempt Islam holds for atheists. Osama also hates the fact that the west is prosperous, not because he wants everything we have, but because it distorts the vision of the world he has in his head, when he sees people around the world enjoying modern life.

take a breather.............

what is happening in Iraq and Afghanistan will be a positive thing when it is done. Iraqi's will live in relative freedom and be able to choose for themselves. Afghans will be able go to school again, and not just a school for boys to learn fanatic Islam. Iraqi oil will sell to everyone who pays. Afghanistan's opium trade will, hopefully, be destroyed. the US will gain a slight advantage by having a friendly nation that close to China, Pakistan and India for purposes of keeping tabs on nuclear weapons building and tracking of weapons from failing mother Russia. it is strategic as well as well-intentioned.

it seems many times, people will see things from one perspective and die-hard on that perspective without ever hearing the other side. it may not look good now, in Iraq and Afghanistan, but it will, soon.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think most people would agree with the fact that middle east would be a much better place if everything works out as planned. The key words though are "if everything works out as planned". What I think people have problems with is the question of timing and practicality. You don't start building your neighbors a mansion while your house is about to collapse. I would love to see the middle east prosper just not at the expense of my loved ones safety and prosperity. As liberal as I am my country comes first.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Excuse me? Am I smoking crack?

All this crap is good for the middle east? Ummmm NO.

More like "I'm a red blooded American and I eat lots of big fat steaks and BY GOD those damn towel heads hijacked a plane.." Yeah, let's see how plausible that is. 'Terrorists' from Islamic countires wanting to hijack planes to crash into buildings...hmmmm...let me see here. If one commits suicide in the world of Islam, you don't get to Allah. If you're killed by an infidel, you get to allah. Okay, is crashing into a building not suicide? Further more, it is much too story book.

Terrorists hijack a plane, crash it into the world trade center in the most arrogant and rich country in the world. Ok, glad they got past security. Then suddenly, within minutes to hours, we just happen to know who did it! And he was a bad man...because why? because he dared to hurt our nation. "We won't let these terrorists win" the president said while he thought "damn I'm good" to himself. A few months later, "we've invaded them so they'll give up Bin laden." Well that didn't pan out, so we went to Iraq instead playing the old weapons of mass destruction deal. Well we did find any of those either. So now it's "If I don't get elected so I can pass more stupid, disgusting and revolting acts and laws, those terrorists will strike again!"

HONESTLY -- come on. Whoever can't see the big picture here has serious mental incapabilities. How does one ascertain why something happened, such as when a wife suddenly dies and leaves a huge insurance policy? They find where the money goes and usually you'll find the killer. So, what do you when you have a fake, stupid and dramatic story spoon-fed to you by a politician? You look at where the money goes and you'll find the terrorist.

Dunno about you, but I think it is obvious here: Bush and his entrouage

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by amber83
Whoever can't see the big picture here has serious mental incapabilities.

Unfortunately, due to indoctrination and in some cases lacking education, there are plenty of ppl like that

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Indeed it is unfortunate.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Whats unfortunate are people who refuse to recognise the truth.
9/11 was the work of muslim extremists, not the U.S. government.
Afghanistan was a country run by the same people.
you people make me sick

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Good!
Muslim extremists...HAHAHA. Yadda yadda yadda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join