It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House locked down because of 'smoking objects'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
la2

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think most people feel let down, I work 35 to 40 hrs a week as lower management of a UK pub company, yet my wages just are not enough to cover everything because of the econemy, i am their with the people protesting, my life is harder because of governments and bankers, I wish I was confident enough to say I'd throw a smoke bomb to get my point accross if i felt i needed to.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

The Protesters arent speaking for you, they are speaking for themselves. And it only takes 1 bad lemon to spoil a protest, im sure very few of the 1000 people threw the 2 smoke bombs.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

Trust me when I tell you that that post of mine was double talk, it is sad that, while some people dare to take the streets this days with all the government bills and laws to step over civilians civil rights, they rather get themselves in government harm way than stay at home and do nothing.

While many complain about those than dare while doing nothing but type their disdain against protesters in this nation.

It is rather amazing that in America people still trust their constitutional rights and enforce them.

No everything has been lost in the corporate dictatorship that American has become and getting worst, specially when the laws that are passed against us are drafted by corruption.

la2

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Thats my fear, the timing of this stinks of government looking to clamp down, a protest this developed wouldnt have done this, and timed when the President isnt there too, we will just never know.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think it may have been an agent provocateur. Who the hell would bring a smoke bomb with them? All I know is the only people who are able to get their hands on them (Which are readily available.) are cops/swat.

I know you can probably buy it somewhere else and what-not but... something doesn't smell right about this.

la2

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well said, voices of reason like ours are drowned out too much on here these days, too much unconfirmed chatter, there is so much going on, so many of the rights our Great countries histories were founded on has been eroded away.

la2

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Also.... how secure does that tell you Pennsyannia avenue actually is?

(I apologise if i spelt that wrong)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
The story just does not make sense to me.
I don't believe the protesters would throw smoke bombs now after all this time.

After hearing about this..I thought to myself...I wonder if the person or persons who threw the smoke bombs are government plants posing as protestors.

Perhaps throwing the smoke bombs was planned by TPTB to make the real Occupy protestors look bad in the public eye.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Out of fear of permanent detention without a trial, I will refrain from saying ANYTHING in response to this.

Why not hand over the keys to your life and just call it quits?

The majority of over-medicated, lethargic, uninterested, ignorant Americans yawned at this selfless display of courage and civil disobedience as they chose to occupy lines for hours to get the latest iPad or $3 waffle-maker at Wal-Mart. Delusional, non-thinking dolts across the land watched on their 60 inch HDTVs as young protestors got clubbed, beaten, tear gassed, tasered, maced, and brutalized by paid mercenaries for the ruling oligarchy. They treated the horrific scenes of brutality as if it was just one of their 30 favorite reality TV shows.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheExopolitician

fa·ce·tious/fəˈsēSHəs/
Adjective:
Treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.
Was this not evident?

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I hate the term FAR-LEFT or FAR-RIGHT... How about FAIRLY-FED-UP-HUMANS.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Its starting....
Things are just rolling along as planned, i would say.Its debatable who threw this "smoke bomb", IMHO

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Oh snap!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Yes.........

An OWS member did something stupid......

IT MUST BE AN AGENT!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Well said! When I lol'd, I think I coughed up a GMO tomato seed...

I mean.. it looked like a tomato seed but smelled liked salmon!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Are you sure it wasn't a failed terrorist attack by Iran ? Man, those Iranians are eviiiiiiil !!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
When is the time to do a false flag when the time for internet blackout comes!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Knock, knock.

We are here to get our country back.

We thank you for your compliance.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The white house need to be locked up more like it!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by la2

OK, so as an American, are you happy with the direction of the country? Do you think the current President has done anything to make your life and the overall state of the country any better?

Generally speaking, the average person is far too stupid to entrust with delivering my message. Case in point: OWS.

There is a way to go about things. Stuff like this only leads to heavier-handed measures being levied against organized demonstrators. Which is not going to end well in the long run.

Further - just because I am not very pleased with the way things in the U.S. are going; does not mean I am, at all, supportive of OWS.

I want a decentralized U.S. National Government with a return to more powerful State Governments. Which means the U.S. National government being stripped of almost all funding and programs that do not fall under Defense or Emergency Response. That means an end to Federally funded healthcare, retirement (social security), 'income assistance', etc. It also means repeal of almost every law passed since 1935.

But most of these OWS types simply want the government to do something to magically make their lives meaningful. Which is a personal problem that cannot be resolved by any second or third party.

reply to post by deadeyedick

The story just does not make sense to me.
I don't believe the protesters would throw smoke bombs now after all this time.

These aren't the most intelligent people to begin with.

Further, it is a commonly known phenomena that many people will succumb to "group think" - whereby the intelligence of each individual member is inversely proportional to the number of people in the group. By the time you have a hundred people - rational thought is no longer possible for many.

Rational thought returns in the presence of unquestionable acts of stupidity that often result in life-threatening situations. In other words - the acts of stupidity must reach a break-over point where the instinct to survive exceeds the draw of group-think.

Which ensures that any group of people large enough will continue to grow and function until someone has done something stupid enough to make the members fear for their own lives more than they enjoy being in the group. This is what, often, leads to the break-up of groups of certain sizes (smaller groups often break up when the need for sleep, food, or other action requiring separation exceeds the desire to be in the group).

Human behavior, contrary to popular belief, is quite predictable.

I like to think of people much like one would think of fermion systems... but that's another story.

Basically - it's a given that large groups will persist until they eventually do something that causes everyone to go: "Oh... #..... RUN!" - And for some people, that threshold can be quite high, especially when propped by the sense of being supported by "other people in the group" (which really gets into 'groups-within-a-group' - but that's another discussion, as well).

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join