It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Superpac : If corporations are people, Romney is a serial killer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
And it's narrated by John Lithgow, who played the serial killer Trinity in Dexter.

Here's also a list of who's funding Romney...
Presenting Mitt Romney's Top Campaign Contributors

All the big banks who own credit default swaps and derivatives... $250+ trillion of them.
Five Banks Account For 96% Of The $250 Trillion In Outstanding US Derivative Exposure
edit on 15-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Just another Mitt Romney hater who attacks him benefiting from the free market. The business world is a dog-eat-dog world and is cruel. Corporations don't have feelings, and if they are weak and a smart businessman (Mitt Romney) buys them out and has to make some tough decisions that is normally perceived as unethical by the left, then so be it.

I am beginning to think those who attack Romney's business style and call him a "vulture capitalist" are really just liberals who mask themselves as conservatives.

Also, there is nothing wrong with having donations from large corporations in the business world. Romney made some strong business contacts and those donations are a result of his hard work and ingenuity in the private sector.
edit on 15-1-2012 by Diablos because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
Just another Mitt Romney hater who attacks him benefiting from the free market. The business world is a dog-eat-dog world and is cruel. Corporations don't have feelings, and if they are weak and a smart businessman (Mitt Romney) buys them out and has to make some tough decisions that is normally perceived as unethical by the left, then so be it.

I am beginning to think those who attack Romney's business style and call him a "vulture capitalist" are really just liberals who mask themselves as conservatives.

Also, there is nothing wrong with having donations from large corporations in the business world. Romney made some strong business contacts and those donations are a result of his hard work and ingenuity in the private sector.

Do me a favor, and watch this:

Then, think about your previous comments. Thanks.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Romney's business is just ONE PART of the whole disgusting Romney character.

The guy is also a warmonger, anti-second amendment, doesn't know the constitution, wrote Obamacare, supports all the anti-constitutional ``terrorism`` bills that congress passed, etc...

Romney is like Obama, he's scum.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Hell ya, what do we need jobs in the US for anyways?

Eliminate minimum wage and people will get paid more monies!

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Personally I agree with Romney. In fact I think anyone who makes under 100k a year should just be rounded up and put into labor camps. I mean hey... it makes good business sense.

Ahem... obviously I was being sarcastic. But that's the impression I get from this guy. He's totally a corporate puppet. Cut throat and ruthless. He would sell his own mother for a dollar. Do we really need another one of these guys in office?

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I've had conversations with Romney supporters, and some of them are shockingly ignorant. I call him a banker puppet, show them his campaign donations, and they play stupid like "Why does that make him a banker puppet?", as if him being funded by a bunch of financial institutions that have corrupted our government isn't bad or anything. It's scary how in the dark some people are, even when a flashlight is shined in their faces.
edit on 15-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitchiloRomney's business is just ONE PART of the whole disgusting Romney character.

The guy is also a warmonger, anti-second amendment, doesn't know the constitution, wrote Obamacare, supports all the anti-constitutional ``terrorism`` bills that congress passed, etc...

You're entitled to your opinion, but many Americans disagree, which is evident in the polls. Romney is most likely going to win Republican nomination (rightfully so) and go on to defeat the 0bamination. I think you insinuating that he's like 0bama is downright slanderous. He's nothing like 0bam. He has top experience in the private sector, an expert in job creation, a natural born leader, etc. while 0bama is just a typical politician that has no experience in the private sector or job creation.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
I've had conversations with Romney supporters, and some of them are shockingly ignorant. I call him a banker puppet, show them his campaign donations, and they play stupid like "Why does that make him a banker puppet?", as if him being funded by a bunch of financial institutions that have corrupted our government isn't bad or anything. It's scary how in the dark some people are, even when a flashlight is shined in their faces.
edit on 15-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

Besides the one Romney supporter in this current thread, I do not personally know a single person who supports Romney, not one.

I don't know how they could possibly support him, when he will be the same as Obama, with some even worse attributes, like passing every peice of "anti-terrorist" legislation that ever gets created, and "de-regulating" in the wrong areas, allowing large corporate monopolies to take over and enslave america.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Just another Mitt Romney hater who attacks him benefiting from the free market.

He can legally do what he's done. Just as the workers he's rendered unemployed and their friends and family can legally vote for someone less selfish.

Corporations don't have feelings, and if they are weak and a smart businessman (Mitt Romney) buys them out and has to make some tough decisions that is normally perceived as unethical by the left, then so be it.

He has repetitively and systematically followed an unethical pattern. The 'tough' decisions were already made based on his greed, not on the viability of the company. If the company wasn't worth it then he shouldn't have bought it and then requested financial assistance (which he then pocketed) from the tax payers.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

YEs, it's definitely OK to put personal/corporate interests and greed before the people one is supposed to represent. Great presidential material, there. I guess, also that if

Corporations don't have feelings

that pretty much makes them sociopaths, since they are now considered "people."

So we have a potential president looking out for and "eating" others in a capitalistic, sociopathic (SELFISH) way at the expense of those (populace) who he is supposed to represent.

Oh, wait, he is representing the corporations and the rich who contribute to his campaign in the hopes of getting elected. Got it. My bad.

I guess it's okay and deserving for those who *can* rise to the top by the step-on-you-to-get-up-myself attitude to rise and become president because, after all, they are taking advantage of the American Dream (to their own, corporations' and contributors' advantage and benefit and to the detriment of the American people). Got it.

Let me bulldoze my mansion to build a bigger mansion to accommodate my White House.

One should not be rewarded for urinating on others.

BTW: Taking advantage of those less fortunate to further yourself IS unethical.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitchiloRomney's business is just ONE PART of the whole disgusting Romney character.

You're entitled to your opinion, but many Americans disagree, which is evident in the polls. Romney is most likely going to win Republican nomination (rightfully so) and go on to defeat the 0bamination. I think you insinuating that he's like 0bama is downright slanderous. He's nothing like 0bam. He has top experience in the private sector, an expert in job creation, a natural born leader, etc. while 0bama is just a typical politician that has no experience in the private sector or job creation.

Can you give me some reasons to vote for Romney? Pretend I know nothing about the current canidates, and explain your current reasoning for supporting Romney.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Actually it was Romneys OWN campaign that coined that phrase in 2010 on an attack on Meg Whitman....

So if there are liberals marketing themselves as conservatives its him and his constituency.....

Infact..........that sounds about right

Just suggesting maybe you do some research before you come in guns blazing and full of anger
edit on 15-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

Are you kidding me?

A Romney supporter in a sea of Ron Paul supporters?

Who in their right mind would support Romney anyway?

And let the attacks commence. Romney is the KING of flip-floppers!

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Diablos

Are you kidding me?

A Romney supporter in a sea of Ron Paul supporters?

Who in their right mind would support Romney anyway?

And let the attacks commence. Romney is the KING of flip-floppers!

You and I hardly EVER agree, but this guy has got people beat for sure in that department....

I love his interview with brett bear (sp) and how irritated he got, after interviews like that , how did this guy even get pushed to the lead?

I love this montage.......whatever side of the fence you are on its telling!

edit on 15-1-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So....
Obama, or Romney?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
There was always something about Romney that I did not like I I just didn't trust him. After watching the video though I can say for certain that there is no way in hell I will vote for him. Hopefully Ron Paul will have a chance but in the world of reality and think it is just that, a whope. If I have to choose between Romney and Obama I will go with the devil I know.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleXHe can legally do what he's done. Just as the workers he's rendered unemployed and their friends and family can legally vote for someone less selfish.

There is nothing wrong with being selfish, and yes, they are free to not vote for them because they feel that corporations need to put their employees first and their profits second, but I don't think such people would be voting for the Republican nomination in the first place.

Originally posted by Planet teleXHe has repetitively and systematically followed an unethical pattern. The 'tough' decisions were already made based on his greed, not on the viability of the company. If the company wasn't worth it then he shouldn't have bought it and then requested financial assistance (which he then pocketed) from the tax payers.

I, along with other die-hard conservatives, would much rather have a greedy but experienced businessman in office than an inexperienced but ethical person. This election is about JOBS, JOBS, and JOBS. Americans are voting for the person with the most seasoned experience in job creation and running successful businesses, and that is hands down Mitt Romney

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Neither!

As a Republican I will stay home and watch cartoons with the kids if those two are the only choice I have!

The GOP hasn't thought about that have they? No longer will I support the lesser of two evils.

As I have said before, if Romney is the nominee we will see the reelection of Obama.....would Romney be any better?

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Diablos

You're entitled to your opinion

It's not my opinion, it's facts.

Here's what I said :
He's a warmonger : On Iran : Romney says ‘prepare for war’ against Iran
On Iraq : Romney supports President Bush on the Iraq war, but Anderson last winter issued a proclamation condemning President Bush's push to wage war.

He's anti-second amendment : Romney 2004 : Signs PERMANENT assault weapons ban

He doesn't know the constitution : Mitt Romney: I dont know what the Constitution says! Ask Ron Paul

Wrote Obamacare : Gruber: Romney Is "Lying"; Romneycare and Obamacare Are "The Same F***ing Bill"

Supports anti-terrorism BS bills : Romney Backs Interrogation, Patriot Act

And to end it all : 99 Reasons To Either Love Or Hate Mitt Romney

The guy is a neo-con corporatist shill.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join