It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What god is God? Is God a god that no human yet knows?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by AtlantisX99

What if God was eternal and didn't require a Creator?

What if the universe was eternal and didn't require a Creator?

Good question, but not possible. Our universe is restricted by certain laws. One of these laws is time. Everything we see happen in the universe happens because of the notion of "cause and effect". Since God created these laws he is not bound by them and there for did not need to be created, he is outside the realm of time.
edit on 15-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Good question, but not possible. Our universe is restricted by certain laws. One of these laws is Time. Everything we see happen is the universe happens because of the notion of "cause and effect". Since God created these laws, he is not bound by time and there for did not need to be created.

See? What did I predict you would say earlier?? "God did it!"

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

and i'm not atheist. I've just moved past the notion of a personal god. God is everywhere, something that is everywhere can not be an entity.
edit on 15-1-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

The universe is a conscious being,
Like the earth,
Like the planets.

The true path has been hidden from us. Not surprising for a slave race.

We could argue there. I thinks(competely fantasizing here) that space time geometry is what the brain accesses to give us subjectivity every conscious moment. A conscious moment would be a self collapse of a wave function in a localized area , protected from de coherence(so enviroment doesn't collapse the superposition. Pre collapse would be subconscious. So the universe may be dreaming rather than awake conscious

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Good question, but not possible. Our universe is restricted by certain laws. One of these laws is Time. Everything we see happen is the universe happens because of the notion of "cause and effect". Since God created these laws, he is not bound by time and there for did not need to be created.

Time only exist in the physical. And it may be a construct of the mind, we can't say for sure. But in the quantum world one could say there is no flow of time. So in a since the universe , at the quantum level, is eternal. and the laws of the universe break down there

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I hope you realize how silly you sound when people are trying to have a serious discussion.

ATS actually has rules against trolling. My reply was not to you and I could careless for your "predictions".

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I hope you realize how silly you sound when people are trying to have a serious discussion.

ATS actually has rules against trolling. My reply was not to you and I could careless for your "predictions".

No amount of "seriousness" coming from my direction

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

and i'm not atheist. I've just moved past the notion of a personal god. God is everywhere, something that is everywhere can not be an entity.

What if nothing is eternal and out of nothing came all things and to nothing all things shall return, and this keeps happening for eternity...

Instead of saying The Universe is eternal, I'm saying what if The Nothing is eternal and it created the universe...

Or, what if God is happiness and that is why all living things crave to be happy, because they want that connection...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

What if nothing is eternal and out of nothing came all things and to nothing all things shall return, and this keeps happening for eternity...

Instead of saying The Universe is eternal, I'm saying what if The Nothing is eternal and it created the universe...

Or, what if God is happiness and that is why all living things crave to be happy, because they want that connection...

but that nothingness is not separate from the form it takes. It is the forms it takes. The forms are just temporary expressions of it. You could follow on to say that the nothingness is the only real thing and that will always be.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Or what if the Bible is the truth... God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him.

And that feeling humans have to find happiness can only be obtained when we find out what our purpose is, where the answer can only be found by knowing our creator which the only way to establish that relationship is though a person named Jesus Christ which religions fails to do. The reason we lost our purpose was because of sin, and the only way we can regain it is through the savoir God's son who he sent to defeat sin so we could re-establish the connection between man and God and re-find our purpose.

This is where the saying: "Religion is man trying to Find God, but Christianity is God coming to man" comes from.

Part of our purpose in life is to fear God and obey Him. Another part of our purpose is to see life on this earth in perspective. Unlike those whose focus is on this life, and care not for the things to come.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by biggmoneyme

Christianity serves as nothing more than a security blanket to those who are afraid of death.

Atheism is a blankest for those who wish to suppress truth. Atheists hate God and Christians because they are actually not confident that God does not exist, and seeing Christians may remind them they are "suppressing the truth" (Romans 1:18).

And even though I'm trying to remain neutral about all this, I have to disagree with you here. Because I was once an atheist, and it's not that they hate god, is just that they seek refuge in what they do know. And maybe just maybe, god allowed men to create science as another way for men to understand better his creation.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm

reply to post by biggmoneyme

Christianity serves as nothing more than a security blanket to those who are afraid of death.

Atheism is a blankest for those who wish to suppress truth. Atheists hate God and Christians because they are actually not confident that God does not exist, and seeing Christians may remind them they are "suppressing the truth" (Romans 1:18).

And even though I'm trying to remain neutral about all this, I have to disagree with you here. Because I was once an atheist, and it's not that they hate god, is just that they seek refuge in what they do know. And maybe just maybe, god allowed men to create science as another way for men to understand better his creation.

So what you now? I have heard different from other ex-atheists. Every time I have encountered an atheist they have shown a strong hatred towards God and Christianity in particular. I think some maybe deceived into another belief such as evolution, but I believe deep down the majority do know God exists and the reason they suppress the truth is because of there own pride and expression of rebellion they are showing towards there creator. They want to live lawless lives with no consequence, they want to be there own God's and exalt there throne above God just as Satan seeks to do. Science has nothing to do with atheism though, so not sure why you brought that up, I know many Christian scientists who do not believe in secular notions. Everyone know's God exists some just choose to deny him and just because there was a theory created 159 years ago I don't think that changes this.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

I'd have to agree with you. The atheists i talked to on this website are blatantly rude and cruel in telling us we believe in fairy tales and they are very disrespectful and condescending about it. I decided to just let it go. They've made their choice, i have made mine and when someone is rude and disrespectful to me, i'm just gonna ignore their posts because i know who they are now. What a gift we recieved, the ability to willfully ignore someone.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

That's quite odd, as the atheists I know are just people who chose what they call rational explanations over religious or mythological explanations, and therefore do not believe in god.
edit on 15/1/2012 by mbartelsm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

That's what they'd like you to believe.

Its all an act to make them seem like the "intellectual" ones.

The one's who call themselves "atheists" really do have a hatred for God. And the reason is normaly ether because they hate what organized religion has done, or they had a bad experience in there childhood with religion so they grew up and became atheists, but they never really knew Jesus. And last but not least, prideful rebellion - they know God exists they just want to be better than him, and would rather burn in flames then glorify God.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

How can one hate something that they don't believe exists?

That makes no sense... And truthfully, i've found that religionists are much more rude and condecending then athiests are...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by kimish

A building has a builder.

A painting has a painter.

So it only makes sense if creation has a Creator.

God is not you, God is in those who are filled with the Holy Spirit only. (The 3rd member of the Triune God-head).

Please stop deceiving people with your new age lies.

God is not a rock, God made the rock. God is not a Human, God made the Human. God is not a tree, God made the tree. Do you get the picture? Give credit where credit is due...

I never once denied a supreme creator, who by the way I myself do call God. I was merely sharing my belief in what I believe most people believe God to be is actually only themselves. Like for example, if a miracle happens or some "divine intervention" occurs I believe it is all ones self, not the creator acting and causing said things to occur. Humans only use about %10 of their brains potential and our brain and mind is still very much a mystery so... take that for what it's worth.

I was once very religious and spread the "good news" to people and with out being pushy, just as Jesus said we should all do. I lived my life fruitfully. All that faith ultimately did for me was make me soft and it made me a push-over and it made me physically ill. It has done more harm than good in my life and that is fact. I often thought about becoming ordained but I wised up.

Before I became faithful I was a very happy person and successful in life but once I became faithful I was still happy, at first, than I lost my job, my fiance to another man, etc.My life went to shamble and the only change that had occurred was me acquiring faith and having a relationship with the Lord. I never got sick before I had faith in the Lord, But once I started to attend service and read scripture and so forth I now get sick no less than 6 times a year, almost 8 years running now and I have no diseases or anything, before I had faith, I was sick only once from the age of 15 to 24. Since the time that I had become faithful to God my life turned to absolute # and it still is. God is not the all loving God of the NT. God is God as portrayed in the OT.

I have good reason to believe what I do and You have no Idea what I've been through or what my life is like. I am not deceiving anyone, I am only expressing my belief, my justifiable beliefs and Last I knew there was not law against that so If their is I appologize. I am speaking the truth of my life.
Walk a half a mile in my shoes and you would believe like I do.
edit on 15-1-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Then if you believe in a supreme creator you should really stop calling your self God now. It is very wrong and takes the credit away from your true creator. Divine intervention happens because of what God lets happen, not something that you create in your own mind.

Being "religious" is where your problem lies, Jesus was not religious (check my other thread). Spreading "The Good News" is not a religious act, Jesus said to spread the good news. If you think "acting religious" is what Jesus intended then you have completely missed the point of his whole message. He came to end religions, not start one. If faith made you "soft and a push-over" then you are obviously not reading the gospel, and if you are becoming physically ill you are obviously believing in a different Jesus then the one of the bible. Maybe need deliverance from unclean spirits that are making you feel this way. Or you have a mental illness you need to seek doctors help for because your the first person that told me reading the bible made them feel physically sick, unless your just trolling... and if you are then I hope you feel good about your self!

It has done more harm than good in my life and that is fact.

Jesus never said walking in righteousness would be easy. As much as you like to believe you were once a true follower of Christ, I am here to say you was never truly that. You was what they call a false convert.

Jesus said in Mark 13:13 - "And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved"

God is not the all loving God of the NT. God is God as portrayed in the OT.

They are the same.

Since the time that I had become faithful to God my life turned to absolute # and it still is. The only thing that changed in my life during all this time was me merely acquiring faith in the Lord and it has done more harm than

You didn't know Jesus and there for did not know God.

Walk a half a mile in my shoes and you would believe like I do.

Pantheism is not the answer it is a deception from the devil.

So to summarize:

1. You misinterpreted Jesus' message (or failed to read the new testament at all).
2. Thought you had to become religious (something Jesus clearly is against).
3. Blamed God for bad things happening in your life that were not to do with him, or was being tested by God and you failed the test by falling away from faith and becoming a pantheist.
4. Was false convert and didn't know the real Jesus.

Now please stop spreading lies, you will be judged according to what you believe and what you teach others.

Stop deceiving people with your new age lies/pantheism.

I have good reason to believe what I do and You have no Idea what I've been through or what my life is like.

You have no good reason to believe in pantheism. And I know what being sick is like, I was sick before I became a Christian and its being sick that led me to Jesus Christ. Without becoming sick I might see be an agnostic.

edit on 15-1-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: GOD IS NOT YOU. YOU DID NOT CREATE THE UNIVERSE. GOD DID. IF YOU DID, THEN PROVE IT. GOD IS IN THOSE WHO HAVE RECEIVED THE HOLY SPIRIT

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I was never religious and never will be. I considered myself as spiritual. I don't believe that religion is "right". What I would tell people is what Jesus would, love one another as you would like to be loved and treat one another as you would want to be treated. And my take on Christ Jesus is not the one that I hear in numerous churches.

It's funny how opposites happened to us, in the way of faith. You being sick led you there and me being there made me sick. Hmm.

I never told you what I think and how I think of Christ Jesus so for you to assume... you know what they say about people that assume
And for you to say that I said me reading the bible made me sick was putting words in my mouth. I don't want an argument, we are adults, But I said that since I had acquired faith in the Lord and developed a relationship is when things turned, well you read my post.

Trust me, I want to believe God loves me, I want to believe with all my heart. But with the way things have worked out I have sadly lost faith and it is hard for me to believe especially considering I recently, within the last year, found out that my mother is the reason my father was killed when I was 4 years of age. I am trying to regain it (faith) and I have one foot on each side of the line as we speak. I understand that it is easier to lose faith than it is to keep it.

I once heard that it is easier for Satan to overtake one that is closer to God than it is for him to overtake someone who is not close or as close to god. Basically the closer you are the easier it is for the devil.

And, Jesus would not have responded to me the way you did. But thank you anyways. Maybe a discussion like this is what I need...
BTW, the Gospel of Mathew is my favorite book. Not my favorite book in the biblical cannon but my overall favorite book because Christ Jesus parables enamoured me.

extra DIV

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mbartelsm

Christian religion is based on a belief in Jesus for salvation. Several religions recognize Jesus as real. You might be asking, which one of these is the right belief. You might be referring to other religions that believe in a single God like Brahman as one single and supreme creator god of the Hindus. They also believe in Brama as lesser gods. You might be looking at the pantheistic view of God. How can you tell the difference?

For me, there are categories that must fit truth that can be verified. The easy answer is to look for the God that clings to truth in word and deed, regardless of perception. Another is to look for the God that saves you apart from your works. These two simple ways narrows the field to the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob. There are many more ways.

-Physics -

-Linguistics -

-Mathematics -

-Higher Reasoning-

-Prophecy - Drawing the future into the past for us to see. The Biblical God is the only one who dares.

The 186 Threads I've authored contain these and more.

What God tells you the number of mankind 2000 years ago by atomic number? 666 is Carbon. The mark of mankind. 6 electrons, 6 protons, 6 neutrons.

What God tells you what will happen to Israel in the last days?

What God tells you the structure of reality? Genesis 1:1 In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

What God claims to be one with His Son in creation by light, then names the process within the person of His son? Light is a duality of particle and wave. Jesus is the Word / Wave of creation.

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

What God said this?

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Where did we learn that word faith?

What God tells a story from the genealogy of His son? LINK

There's only one. Light the duality of particle and wave. God and Christ are a duality of particle and wave with consciousness. So are we. The Trinity is how we see God in the light. We are matter animated with consciousness. God projects Himself from the light to form creation.

Adam to Abraham 2000 year age of the Father
Abraham to Jesus 2000 year age of the Son
Jesus to Today 2000 year age of the Holy Spirit

Day of rest 1000 years.

Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

Find a better source of information and you have a competition. As I see it, there is no competition who can stand.

Christianity wins. God backs His claims.

edit on 16-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Trust me, I want to believe God loves me, I want to believe with all my heart. But with the way things have worked out I have sadly lost faith and it is hard for me to believe especially considering I recently, within the last year, found out that my mother is the reason my father was killed when I was 4 years of age. I am trying to regain it (faith) and I have one foot on each side of the line as we speak. I understand that it is easier to lose faith than it is to keep it.

Realize every person walks their own path my friend...

Learn to forgive and forget the past...

God loves all of his children, though sometimes we have a debt that must be paid... and only he can forgive.

Forgiveness is divine... and you also have that power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join