It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all you Ron Paul supporters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I'm voting for Ron Paul no matter what disinformation you've read or what kind of talking head you follow. I've actually done the research from multiple sources. I find I can get to the real truth of things if I visit at least 5 different sources and try and get away from any party affiliated news source. Most of the MSM is biased to one party system or the other in which the end result is keeping us divided.

By the way, who are you pulling for Jmotley? It's only fair you say.
edit on 13-1-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

I am for Obama. Granted I dont agree with everything he has done The NDAA being the biggest but I think right now he is the best of the worst.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Hi All
Look what I found

Explain yourself OP

I never once said that FEMA was the best. I agree wholeheartedly that FEMA needs to be overhauled. Find the breaks and fix it. Dont get rid of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmotley
Volunteers? Ok lets look at Katrina. Charities were able to raise aprox 587 million. This is the highest figure I was able to find.

The government gave 100 Billion This is the lowest figure I was able to find.

And how much more would people have been able to donate if that 100+ billion had been in the hands of the people who earned it? If FEMA had not existed, they wouldn't have been able to get in the way and totally muck things up. People would have rallied to the cause of supporting the victims and helping with either helping with the rebuild or letting a city build in a swamp at or below sea level in a hurricane prone are finally die.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by jmotley
Volunteers? Ok lets look at Katrina. Charities were able to raise aprox 587 million. This is the highest figure I was able to find.

The government gave 100 Billion This is the lowest figure I was able to find.

And how much more would people have been able to donate if that 100+ billion had been in the hands of the people who earned it? If FEMA had not existed, they wouldn't have been able to get in the way and totally muck things up. People would have rallied to the cause of supporting the victims and helping with either helping with the rebuild or letting a city build in a swamp at or below sea level in a hurricane prone are finally die.

All throughout human history humans have been building citys where they should not. Pompai, Fugi, Bahammas, Hawaii, San Diego, Califorina as a whole, Japan, any coastal city. You bring up that we all would have been able to donate more. On that I say BS. Yes we have more money in our pockets but we (especially us Americans) would say well some one else will donate more. I would say at most we would have raised 4-5 Billion That is a far cry from what was needed.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
He says that we should go back to allowing people to volunteer to help during natural disasters,

So, Ron Paul says we should allow people to volunteer? Are they NOT allowed to volunteer now? What's stopping people now?

I agree with the OP. I am very disillusioned with Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Irish614
He says that we should go back to allowing people to volunteer to help during natural disasters,

So, Ron Paul says we should allow people to volunteer? Are they NOT allowed to volunteer now? What's stopping people now?

I agree with the OP. I am very disillusioned with Ron Paul.

Actually, no they were not to a great degree. Once FEMA arrived, people were not let in to the disaster zone to help. The place was very much locked down. This is all anecdotal, mind you, stuff I heard from refugees who came to my neck of the woods.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Ummm.......
Federal officials forcing you to evacuate equates to giving you a volunteer card?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join