It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Discontinues Use Of Pink Slime In Burgers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

maybe we should grow our own food so we know we aren't eating crap.

Not to excuse any of this crap and GM food, hormones and corn fed animals but that solution if it not already inviable, it will become soon, no land, no water, too much people. It would not work well (somethings are possible to do) in cities, could not work for the majority of the population.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Most people are in a sad position in which they cannot afford organic food. Trying to feed my family healthy is a constant struggle. I will not be feeding them fast food poison regardless.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Doing away with the "slime" is a fantastic start, I do indeed hope they will continue on and discontinue the two all beef pattie burgers, the special sauce, the lettuce, the cheese, the pickles, the onions and the sesame seed bun too.

I honestly prefer the odour of a stable than that of walking past a McDonalds store.

Disgusting.

Regards,
Jarrah.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
This reminds me of a sponge bob episode. A company "paty o mondays" buys out kraby patty's. The burgers paty o monday's makes is goo heated and shaped into burger. The burgers look gooie but the customers dont notice it until some one points it out.

They always put truth in humourous cartoons.

The reason is that when a person is presented new information, their brain automatically scans its database for a reference to the information.

If it finds a reference related to comedy, the person will tend to laugh and not take it seriously.

That's why a lot of people still laugh about UFOs and aliens. It probably has a lot to do with Marvin the Martian from Bugs Bunny.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
I call BS... I have had plenty MCD's and have never seen anything strange, especially not "pink slime" in any of their products. The one possible explanation could be blood plasma from an undercooked or pierced burger patty that leaked out and cooked on the hot plate.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

It was mixed in well enough not to be detected. See link for an image of it.

houston.culturemap.com...

Description of the process for obtaining it.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I see Mc Donalds as a treat but after reading this thread i think ill be getting the salads instead.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Degrade the safety?

Who's putting this garbage in burgers? Who's selling them without disclosing that this stuff is in the burgers?

Both McDonald's and BPI are equally responsible for hiding this ingredient from consumers.

I will be extending my boycott of McDonald's to a permanent status. I have not eaten there in about a year and a half and will continue not to.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I know OMG this is so disgusting didnt even know it was being used in our food. I wanta law that they have to tell us exactly what is in our food because,i can not belive I have ate this pink slime. I know mc donalds taco bell and burger king stopped using it but, now that i know that they did use it im scared to know what else is in the food that we eat every day. maybe I should just get a farm and have my own food!!! im so disgusted right now!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join