It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's top court backs bar on Palestinian spouses

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
That's a sick ruling...

Israel's top court backs bar on Palestinian spouses

Israel's top court has upheld a law denying citizenship to Palestinians married to Israelis, with one judge saying it helped the Jewish state fend off "national suicide".

The ruling, Yishai told Israel Radio, served to stem "a situation in which, not too many years hence, we would find yourself losing the majority, (and) faced with terrorism".

But Interior Minister Eli Yishai, who congratulated the Supreme Court on Thursday, made clear that shoring up Israel's Jewish majority was also a concern.

Basically saying Palestinians cannot become a citizen otherwise it will compromise the majority status of Jews in Israel... Basically, Israel must stay Jewish whatever the cost, even if it means that we treat our other citizens as second class because they are not Jews. Israel must stay RACIALLY PURE is basically the idea here.

I'm sure most Israelis oppose this ruling... at least some judges did :

Dissenting, Supreme Court President Dorit Beinisch and four other justices described the freedom to marry as being at the heart of democratic principle.

The Association for Civil Rights in Israel, one of four petitioning groups, accused the Supreme Court of perpetuating a "racist law" and "failing to uphold basic human rights in the face of the tyranny of the Knesset (parliament)".

+1

What's next... whoever wasn't born a Jew is kicked out? Nutjobs running the Israeli government and courts apparently.

When are the sanctions coming? This is Apartheid South Africa 2... with NUKES...

The religious extremists in Israel win again...
edit on 12-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jan 13 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit to reflect source title and accuracy

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Welcome to Nazi occupied israel.
I'm tellin you, they are stirring up some nasty hate over there.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Oh my, the irony is so acute here that I think I might just die

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
and ? israeli's the most racist people on the planet. no surprise there. they put the nazi's to shame in regard to being fanatical about racial purity.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
That's a sick ruling...

To play devils advocate for a moment, at its most basic level, is a unique cultures attempts at self-preservation what sickens you? Or is it the implementation of such that is disturbing? If it is the latter, what you do different? If it is the former, why is it sickening for one culture to want to resist homogenization with another culture? Does not the self-preservation instinct extend beyond the proper functioning of ones own physical body into more abstract things like culture and society, making it only natural for a people to want to maintain their unique identity?
edit on 1/12/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

To play devils advocate for a moment, at its most basic level, is a unique cultures attempts at self-preservation what sickens you?

Well then nobody should marry anyone from any other religion or culture otherwise it's bad... I mean come on, we're not living (and don't want to live) in KKK land where cultures and people are divided and any interaction between cultures and religion is illegal.

It's the same argument that was given 50 years ago here when people warned and basically made it (almost) illegal for blacks and white to marry/have kids.

Anyone defending this has a serious problem is basically backing state sponsored racism and bigotry.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Yeah, they want to preserve their racial purity, but if anyone else thinks the same way they are a dastardly racist bigot.
It was these Jews who were instrumental in getting the US 1965 immigration laws passed that has allowed us to be flooded with 3rd world illiterate Africans and other. We now have them coming from every direction threatening our culture and our racial purity. And That sickens me.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Didn't the Nazis think in terms of racial superiority and used genocide to their ends as well?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Well then nobody should marry anyone from any other religion or culture otherwise it's bad... I mean come on, we're not living (and don't want to live) in KKK land where cultures and people are divided and any interaction between cultures and religion is illegal. That is just INSANE.

You seem to not have answered the question though...what is it that sickens you? The very idea of a culture desiring self-preservation, or the implementation of it?

I edited my post after you responded. I added this: Does not the self-preservation instinct extend beyond the proper functioning of ones own physical body into more abstract things like culture and society, making it only natural for a people to want to maintain their unique identity?

Adding to that... is it "KKK" to have the instinct of self-preservation? Is it evil ("racist") to show resistance to the destruction of ones cultural identity? If so, why, and, could you explain how a natural instinct could possibly be classified as evil ("racist") and legitimately be demonized by a logical and rationally thinking society?

BTW, this is not an endorsement for israel or its actions. As a political body, screw them. I am simply wanting to know what sickens you... the idea of cultural preservation of a unique people, or the specific implementation of preserving that culture.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
the fact that such thinking leads to genocide of others as they are deemed inferior by those who push racial purity agenda's / beliefs.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Forget the Nazis, your current NWO gang thinks the same way.
Look at what they are doing to places like South America.

From the Cobden Club Memo:
"D. The Security Council of the U.N. will explain that not all races and peoples ara equal, nor should they be. Those races proven superior by superior achievements ought to rule the lesser races, caring for them on suffrance that they cooperate with the Security Council. Decision making, including banking, trade, currency rates and economic development plans, will be made in stewardship by the Major Nations."

www.iahf.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It is really hard to imagine a more repulsive, morally bankrupt state than today's Israel. North Korea, maybe.

Almost each day brings news of some new hideous, immoral, and pigheaded action perpetrated by this truly loathesome country.

And it shames and sickens me that as an American somehow these people have become our "allies" to the extent that we are willing to drive our once-shining global reputation straigght into the ground to support this sociopath-ruled state, which has never done a single thing that has benefitted America in any way whatsoever.

I feel like I'm in a nightmare I can't wake up from, in some kind of clown car being driven over a cliff, helplessly watching as my beloved country is brought progressively closer to economic and military ruin for the sake of a small, racist nation far, far away.

edit on 1/12/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
To be completely and brutally honest, the only thing that bothers me about this is that we give them military and diplomatic support. What a country does within their own borders is really and truly their business, so long as it does not represent an immentant and direct threat to our own security. Seems heartless, I admit, but borders have to be respected, or there will be chaos (at least for now).

That being said, we should not be providing support to a regime that openly defies everything we as a country stand for (i.e. equality among all people).

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
You are right about one thing. Israeli does have a unique culture. It is as the other posters have claimed the single most racist culture on earth.

Israel is the only country that started off with with a racist nationalistic culture then searched around for a place to plant themselves. Tot top that it was founded byt a group of Central Asians pretending to be from Palestine and screaming at everyone who dares prove that they are not Semites.

You are also righ that many people want to hang onto their ehtnicity, language and culture but if anyone feels like that in Canada, the US, Australia or New Zealand one Jewish or another will be down their throat in a second and calling them reacists.

So if "uniques culture" also means champion hypocrites then yes, Israel has the most unique culture.

If you had not cottoned onto this yet - the world is sick of Israel and their constant BS.

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

That's a sick ruling...

To play devils advocate for a moment, at its most basic level, is a unique cultures attempts at self-preservation what sickens you? Or is it the implementation of such that is disturbing? If it is the latter, what you do different? If it is the former, why is it sickening for one culture to want to resist homogenization with another culture? Does not the self-preservation instinct extend beyond the proper functioning of ones own physical body into more abstract things like culture and society, making it only natural for a people to want to maintain their unique identity?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I always find it funny when people claim Israel is the "Only Democracy in the Middle East"
I mean, if you kick out or deny a voice to all the people and voters on the other side of an issue, obviously the remainder would be in agreement. That is not called democracy.

reply to post by CaticusMaximus

As far as your point goes, yes, I'd consider such sort of artificial methods of trying to protect culture as being highly immoral and unjust. Culture exists as a reflection of the people. People don't exist as a reflection of culture. If the culture (specifically, as opposed to people) needs to be "protected", it serves no purpose at all.
While it may be perfectly plausible for a country to PRESERVE their cultural heritage (in respects such as protecting works of art, literary works, making sure certain languages are taught and learnt), trying to impose this on to living and breathing humans (such as the law mentioned in this thread's topic), is abhorrent and immoral.

As far as this elusive idea of "culture" goes, I had started a thread ages ago about "Protecting Culture", which not a lot of people were able to explain these points (also, unfortunately, it got bogged down in irrelevancies).
edit on 13-1-2012 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Didn't the Nazis think in terms of racial superiority and used genocide to their ends as well?

After searching symbols of Freemasonry , I found Nazi symbol as a symbol of masons everywhere.

Then I remembered that there are different sects of Judaism.

Then I have one question in mind " Was Hitler killing all Jews or some particular sects of Jews ? "

Do you know ?

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Hitler was a Sabbatean Frankist ,follower of Thule society and distant relative of rothschild.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Personally, I think it's more about keeping the aid flowing in than it is about racial pride, but ...meh

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If you take a look at the colour/shape of some the Israeli's claiming to be Jews it would seem to me that they have already lost purity.

They look no more like semites than Santa Claus or Snow White

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Israel is so full of itself.

LOL @ racial purity!

Religion isn't a race and most of the Jewish immigrants are from all corners of the world, including Ethiopia. A black Jew from Ethiopia can marry a Jew from Poland and be considered racially pure?

Please don't consider my comment as racist as I'm trying to view this from the Israeli point of view, this is not how I view the race/religion issue as we all bleed the same color and skin tone has no basis on my opinion of people. These Zionists are no better than the Nazis that they try so hard to distance themselves from.

Apartheid South Africa would also be proud

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join