It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 girls in New York suddenly come down with spasm, Federal Health Law prevents disclosure of diseas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I just heard this on the Fox, parents of twelve girls perfectly fine one minute and then spasms the next. I believe they are in middle or high school. The girls don't belong to the same group of friends and no association between them. The doctors have diagnosed the disease but a Federal Health Law prevents the parents and their children from being informed. I have searched the net and can't find anything. Have you heard of anything so ridiculous?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I don't see this anywhere but on ATS.
Any sources?
I don't see any.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Ahh, found something:

www.13wham.com...

Le Roy, N.Y.— Wednesday night, James Dupont attended a meeting at Le Roy Junior-Senior High School hoping to find some answers about what may be wrong with his daughter.

In the first week of December, his 17-year-old daughter suddenly developed tics, showing Tourette-like symptoms. But she isn’t the only one.

The York State Department of Health says since September, 12 girls suddenly developed tics. Some are so bad, they had to be pulled out of school and tutored at home.

“I worry about my daughter’s future,” says Dupont. “She's only 17. She can't even drive now… My daughter hasn't been able to go to school for a month because she's got this so bad.”

edit on 12-1-2012 by Gridrebel because:

There is a video from channel 13, it isn't on Youtube, I don't know how to get here.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

POSTING WORK WRITTEN BY OTHERS
Going forward, if you post something that is not 100% your own writing or work you must use the EX TAG, post NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least), and GIVE A LINK TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL. If the work you are posting is not on the internet, from a book for example, you MUST give a credit for that Book ( the title), its Author and Publisher.
edit on January 12th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

There was a thread about a mystery Illness in central NY from yesterday, maybe this is related. Once again, it sounds like a bad reaction to vaccines. We will know more as the story unfolds. My money says these girls all recently got vaccinated.

I will look for more info.

+36 more 
posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yup, doctors and parents told to keep quiet is really suspicious. This is most likely vaccine related, it's pretty obvious in my opinion. I could be wrong but what else could cause the same illness in 12 girls who have no association?

It's probably Gardasil or the flu shot that did this.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I was thinking the same thing. I think HIPPA has gone too far when they won't allow information to be given to the parents.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Tourettes is a neurological condition so maybe these girls have been poisoned. Here's another article

www.wgrz.com...

I can assure you these children have all been seen by professionals that have come up with answers and they are all being treated and they're actually doing pretty well," said Dr. Greg Young, with the NYS Department of Health. They have ruled out all environmental factors, infections and the possibility of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta has been consulted, along with Columbia University, as well as the Genesee County Health Department and the New York State Health Department. Dr. Young said tics like this can be caused by genetics, head trauma, drugs (all students tested negative), antihistamines, and drugs for ADHD and OCD. They said cases like this have been seen nationwide and they come and go in individuals. They add it's not uncommon to see them in waves as stress and anxiety exacerbate them.

The idea about vacinnes is interesting. They were all girls around 17, had they been given the HPP vaccine? How evil of them to cover it up , if that's the case.
edit on 12-1-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I was in the process of posting this and refreshed to find your post. I saw this as well on fox news, then searched and found the same link as you to WHAM news.

I just commented yesterday about Report - Epidemic Hazard in Central New York - Jan 11, 2012. From my post in that thread you can see I haven't been feeling well.

I can narrow out vaccines for me unless this is something that has been going for a while. I have had 2 flu shots in my life one before going to Iraq and the other upon return. I was forced to get them both times and was extremely sick from them for more than a month. That was the first time in my life I have ever really been sick as well.

We are taking our son out of school until we get some answers. We live not far from there and the BOCES kids from school go to school with kids from Leroy.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Any new vaccines being tested/rolled out in NY at the moment?
May explain the feds locking down the diagnoses.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I was thinking the same thing. I think HIPPA has gone too far when they won't allow information to be given to the parents.

If our assumption about vaccines is correct, there is no way they will announce it until they come up with a reasonable story to put the public at ease. The last thing big pharma wants is a suspicious public, the sheep le mustn't be woken up or it might affect their profits.

This disorder sounds like an auto-immune response. Similar things happened in the UK and Finland recently. I hope these girls are okay and that no one else comes down with the symptoms.

This could also be a new virus we have never seen before, it could be anything really. This will be very interesting to watch because I'm on the NY border and this hits kind of close to home.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I am going to look for a link to it but the CDC is refusing to release it's information on the new flu strains stating security concerns. In the past it's information has been shared worldwide with scientists.

Sounds quite fishy to me, they are the security risk.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Yup, doctors and parents told to keep quiet is really suspicious. This is most likely vaccine related, it's pretty obvious in my opinion. I could be wrong but what else could cause the same illness in 12 girls who have no association?

It's probably Gardasil or the flu shot that did this.

When I saw that parents were not told the diagnosis due to health laws the first thought that came to mind was they would need to be high school to be old enough for parents not to be told. Seeing high school verified, I think we will eventually see Gardasil as the culprit. Oddly, the parents don't know the diagnosis due to health laws, but it appears that the girls are not telling them either. I don't see how they (the girls) could be diagnosed and treated without being told the diagnosis, so I would think the girls know something.
edit on 12-1-2012 by KaiserSoze because: Lame reason given.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is very interesting...

This was actually first mentioned on ATS in November... not in a thread of its own but in this post.

I've been doing a little reading and a few ideas certainly do pop up. The girls being of similar age and the town being so small can definitely make one suspect a bad batch of vaccines perhaps. The question, of course, would then be how recently was anything given and how many people received it. The steps involved to collect and evaluate this info could potentially cause panic which is likely way it appears that the authorities are sitting on their hands. They are probably hoping this is the full extent and it will go away. I mention panic because this is "after the fact." The shots would have already been given.

Other options would include something environmental in the school building or somewhere else that the girls have in common, but again, you'd have to wonder why a small sub group would be the only ones showing symptoms.

Lastly, I did notice, while researching Le Roy, that the town rests on a limestone formation and that there's a lot of quarrying done there. Perhaps there was some sort of exposure? Was there a field trip to the quarry during which there could have been exposure to something unpleasant that was released? I'm no geologist, but in a case like this you really have to evaluate every possibility.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Did they get the HPV vaccine and if so how long ago?

Originally posted by Djarums
This is very interesting...

This was actually first mentioned on ATS in November... not in a thread of its own but in this post.

The Leroy School incident was related to the flu vaccine:

Six students come down with Tourette’s Syndrome after taking Flu vaccine

What vaccine could be involved here?
edit on 12-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Notice how the article says that they cannot release the CAUSE because of HIPPA laws. So that means they know what the cause is right?

Also, they are all female, which leads me to....gardasil.

I had it 5 years ago and have not been right since. I have had two ectopic pregnancies and also have bad twitches and spasms on and off. Lethargy and weakness on and off. It could be anything really, but I noticed it about 6 mo after being administered my first dose (or three months after my last dose) Wish I knew then what I know now!

I have a sneaking suspicion that this was caused by Gardasil.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
that article says that the one girl is 17? im not sure on NY law but where i am the parent is the legal guardian until the child is 18. you cannot treat or medicate anyone under 18 without parental consent. If i was that father i would have a lawyer asap. and not to sue for the money i would want answers for my own daughter and i would want to make sure this doesnt happen to any one elses child.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I wonder if they all were taking Gardasil..

Anybody think this could be the case.. They are keeping it very hush hush..

More information would be great.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If the cause is known but kept secret you can safely bet big industry is involved.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Brasov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Here is a thread that could very well related. It talks about recent deaths linked to Gardasil. The information was acquired from the FDA via the freedom of information act.

Gardasil has been blamed for 26 deaths since September 2010 (documents to prove it)

Make sure to view the official documents in the VAERS report. A lot of these symptoms are similar. I hope these girls get better instead of worse.

edit on 12-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Meekbot2000

I wish it was like that where we live in NY but when we switched our son 13 yrs old to a new Dr. They needed his signature to release his medical records.

I know if I was there I would have told the doctor off and he would not of signed and the new Dr would have to be at a loss for lack of medical records.

NY is by far the worst state to be in for personal rights and would love to move. I just can't get my fiancée to move because of her family.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join