It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Comes In Second In NH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Ron Paul Comes In Second

So here we go. How will the MSM ignore him now?

Mr. Paul polled well ahead of the late-surging Jon M. Huntsman Jr., who ran third, and Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum, who battled for fourth. Mr. Paul benefited from the large turnout of independent voters, getting the nod from about a third, a little more than Mr. Romney. He also did well with young voters and those who said they were liberal on social issues.

Well, duh! We all know his base is the independents and the younger crowd. Problem is, MSM and the pollsters are polling land lines which are typically the old guard. I think this could help him shift the momentum in his favor. SC and FL will be some key indicators as to how we can expect him to fare. SC has always leaned more towards a military spending candidate due to it's large amount of military installations. FL has strange primary rules, and Paul isn't willing to spend a ton on TV ads. So given those two scenarios, it will be interesting to see what place he shows up in for those two contests.

Go Ron Go!
edit on 1/11/2012 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
One of the exits interviewed by NPR yesterday was an 80 year-old retired minister. He voted for Paul.

When the media says Paul supporters are just kids they dont know what they're talking about or theyre intentionally trying to paint him and his supporters are ignorant children. Paul supporters are everyone wanting liberty over tyranny.

It boggles my mind that some war-monger living in fear of illiterates in caves halfway across the world could call me ignorant for proposing such a fear may be a tad overstated. Which is what the media is doing every time they pull out the "young people" card.

A slogan for the "thinking man" used to be: if you're not outraged you're not paying attention.
Now it's: if you're not living in perpetual fear you're not paying attention.

So shame on you Paul supporters for not being afraid of the world like the rest of us.

edit on 11-1-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

They will not, in fact the opposite is happening in the newest attempt to make Dr.Paul look like a "rock star" or "a cult of personality" a flash in the pan with bandwagon mindless followers. (nobody wants to be a mindless follower now)
So, they will pump him up and some people will question if they are a bandwagon fan and rebel.
It is human nature, and the msm has been playing the game much harder and longer than you and I.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by haarvik

They will not, in fact the opposite is happening in the newest attempt to make Dr.Paul look like a "rock star" or "a cult of personality" a flash in the pan with bandwagon mindless followers. (nobody wants to be a mindless follower now)
So, they will pump him up and some people will question if they are a bandwagon fan and rebel.
It is human nature, and the msm has been playing the game much harder and longer than you and I.

That is far smarter than what they, the msm, have been doing until now.
Somebody in that political camp used his/hers brain.
Still hope Paul wins, and I am not even an American.
Dont want to be either.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In keeping with the tone, here is my Ron Paul election video:

The time is now! Let's get this revolution started!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

Yeppers, the msm has found Dr.Paul a huge hit with the young crowd.
So what do they do if they CANNOT attack the candidate?
They attack the "followers" and subtely let them know they are young and dumb.
Some will believe it too.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

lol bro..

its a nice theory...but when was the last time you saw mindless followers/sheep reflect on themselves?...this is why "we" call "them" "sheep", they do not reflect....

edit: once you got them to follow an idol..they wont stop that easily...
edit on 11-1-2012 by Acetradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I didn't expect RP to win in New Hampshire because Romney is a local boy. He did pretty good, though.

SC might be hard because of the military installations, but that's also where the military people are. Dr. Paul has been polling pretty well among the military.

Florida has a lot of retired people. That might cause him trouble because he wants to phase out SS. I hope they realize that it won't affect anyone currently drawing SS checks.

I was disappointed with the results in Iowa. I really expected RP to come in first or second. Then again, that was the first actual official poll. Pulling a close third was not bad. Maybe that's what he needed to bring him out of the bad light MSM has been trying to put on him.

I'll be watching these primaries with great interest. This could be our last hope of having someone in the white house that won't ring the death knell for America.
edit on 11-1-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I've been blasting the MSM with emails all morning.
Letting them know their little media blackout did not work.
I want to make sure they know they look like idiots!
edit on 1/11/2012 by haarvik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Acetradamus

If they follow the ideas of Dr.Paul, what makes you think them to be sheep?
One thing the young have time to do nowadays is think.
No job and alot of time wondering just why.
Young does not always go hand in hand with dumb.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'm sure the RP demographic skews younger. I'm almost 60 myself and I wrote-in RP in '08, still wer my RP t-shirt from that election, had signs on my front lawn and will do it again this time around. The demographics of the establishment endorsed candidates (everyone BUT Ron Paul) skews heavily 55+ according to exit polls. That marries-up with the key demographic cohorts of the MSM. And you're right, using landline, voter lists to poll is skewed older. And it's interesting that they dismiss online polls for their natural skew toward younger voters. Pot v kettle or what?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

How about a teleprompter free victory speech?
He may have not came in first in a place that Romney has quite an advantage over the other candidates, but second place was a win for the Constitution and the cause of liberty. The Ron Paul revolution is alive and well, and no matter what the media throws at him, his support will continue to grow.

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government"
edit on 11-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I heard last night on my local radio station (conservative flagship; Rush has a syndication on it)

anyways... they were supporting Paul as the Tea-party candidate and that people are voting for him based on that.

but one thing they said really stuck to me.

they said that no matter what the turn out of the election that Ron will have a BIG impact on whoever the New president is going to be... I kinda liked that..

join