It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever known a psychopath?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I've let it go But I cant bring myself to forgive her. In the future when I'm older and wiser I'm sure I'll find a way.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LongbottomLeaf

Well done video...

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Maybe you could help your friend, get him to seek help before he hurt somebody?
I know it's not easy to throw your friend in the clink, but it's alot easier than living with the guilt and regret that you could you prevent him from destroying not only someone else's life but his own.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

the sleep sign is the best sign that I know of.
sorry you do not agree, but its a good sign.
not 100% of people that sleep like this are psychopaths, yet all psychopaths do this (unless drugs are involved).

there are no 100% signs, but these are good signs...

you mentioned in a previous post about your encounter... i am strongly against getting the police involved in situations, however, dude is clearly psycho, and police report would be beneficial if anything does happen. The police would have a starting point...

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

psychopaths will premeditate situations, example :
flatting someone's car tire then coming to their 'rescue'.
False-flags are definitely psychopathic.

Psychopaths cannot shed tears,
however a wink, shallow laughter, anger to intimidate
comes natural to them.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I've dealt with these people before! Even though he is a kid, I would be worried that he'd come into your home in the middle of the night. get what I am saying to you? protect yourself and get an alarm if you don't already have one! Trust me, I'm 6'4" and 260lbs. I would probably move, once you got one that hates you.

I think of them as full blown demons and treat them as such!

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I believe I can help you with this one. The best description of a true psychopath is this little gem from the penal code....

"Depraved indifference is best understood as an utter disregard for the value of human life -- a willingness to act not because one intends harm, but because one simply doesn't care whether grievous harm results or not. Reflecting wickedness, evil or inhumanity, as manifested by brutal, heinous and despicable acts, depraved indifference is embodied in conduct that is "so wanton, so deficient in a moral sense of concern, so devoid of regard of the life or lives of others, and so blameworthy" as to render the actor as culpable as one whose conscious objective is to kill."

The key here is "a willingness to act not because one intends harm, but because one simply doesn't care"
In the psychopath's mind everyone is expendable, everyone is an asset or liability waiting to happen. Time is only a moment and when it passes it no longer exists.
A full blown psychopath is the heavy weight champion of crazy.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Children can suffer from a condition known as RAD; the result of profound sensory deprivation, severe abuse, or neglect. You may see this cause brain damage (stunting, or lack of firing neurons, which is how a developing brain grows) in some of the massive orphanages in China, Russia, and other places. (Moldova, I think)
In these places, their caregivers are strained beyond capacity to interact with the children.

Reactive Attachment Disorder

I had a peer in one of my classes who had unknowingly adopted a child with this and the child would stash knives to later threaten her with (the girl was about 7) The girl cut off her hamster's head and acted like it was nothing; Put it under her pillow. (she was from Russia, I think) Around strangers, she was the most friendly child in the world.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Clearskies because: of stuff

edit on 10-1-2012 by Clearskies because: of more stuff

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

yikes! that's scary! have you seen orphan , the movie? the little girl is from russia too!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Yes. Naveed Haq. I met and regrettably befriended this individual through Washington State University... Other friends of mine made remarks (more than once) that they believed he would kill someone some day.

Low and behold..................

Anyway, very real and very psycho.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Psychopaths don't act out publicly.
Covert manipulation is what they do , that is
why there are so many psychopaths in political
and authoritative positions.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Alls reality is;

is a battle of egos with shifting alliances.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
i knew a psycopath his name was rob his entire family condemned him to foster homes his entire life and never had it easy i didnt judge him the way everyone else did even though he was so dorky it was almost intolerable but one day last october i decided to let him stay at my house for a week but he quickly invited himself to move in permanently and i remember before that his girlfriend warned me that he was crazy but i didnt listen. Sure enough that kid was was the biggest sociopath ive ever seen he would mask his evil intentions perfectly with his dorky stories and thoughts while at the same time gradually ruining everyones life he thought he could get away with it because he was also a disabled adult which was just cover for him to cause chaos on anyone that socialized with him. but i didnt stand for it so long story short i got charged with 5th degree assaut and proudly accepted the consequences with the though of putting that crazy ass in his place.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I have known one and also narcistic comes to mind from your description. Was a buddy of mine, but that something always stopped us from becoming friends. I felt like alarmed when he was around, couldnt relax in hes company.
One day I told him that hes sick and he was gone out of my life and its good.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Yes I got a job at a Corporation like Wal-Mart paying $10 an hour because I wanted to get off the benefit. The manager there who happened to be in charge of company surveillance put me on a gang stalking list/ under 24/7 home surveillance using corporate money I guess.

SO form day one I began being followed, harassed, workplace mobbed etc. I was also poisoned 3x and now have a horribly a scarred and disfigured face. But it took me 6 years to workout I was being gang stalked because I couldn't make sense of what was happening to me and gang stalking is kept a huge secret by TPTB.

I was then forced out of my job because of my face but am still under 24/7 surveillance.

It makes me laugh when people say lower your standards if you need a job etc and take anything you can get.

I did that and being humble has ruined my life completely.

I think my situation sort of shows how Psychopaths seek positions of power and then use their positions to intentionally destroy others freelance. This manager and a couple of the other white male managers there are nothing but murderers\serial killers, who will never get caught because of their powerful connections in the community and corporate arena.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I would not call myself a psychopath, but to use my psychologists words I am a socially functioning sociopath. Which is not uncommon today. This is not something my family and friends are aware of. I have been like this for aslong as I can remember, which have given me plenty of time to adapt and learn the norms human interaction.
While I do have urges that are uncommon and inhumane, I have always been able to ignore them. It is not easy but it is possible for me to do so, with the help and regular talks with my psychologist.

To try and give you a sense of what emotions are to me, I can say it like this. I do laugh and I do get annoyed, but thats where the limit is. I dont get mad, nor do I ever get truely happy. That is something I live with, it is as normal living like that to me, as your life is to you, cause I have never known otherwise.
This does gives me some complications when it comes to relashionships, I am pretty much incapable of feeling love for others, but I do have some sense of connection to my family. This works both ways, as I am incapable of sensing when others are loving towards me, or even annoyed and mad at me. But I have learned to recognise body language, changes in voices and such to know when things are positive and negative. Bottomline is, I rely on logic, calculative thinking and experience with other persons than emotional senses. This makes it very easy for me to manipulate people around me, act as I believe they would want me to and hide behind several masks depending on the situations I am in and the people I am around.

I am not dangerous in any way. But the chance of me snapping somewhere down the line is of course a possibility, which is why both me and my psychologist are constantly watching out for any signs of me loosing control of myself. Honestly I could never have done this without her help.

I do understand that this post may come across as a cry for attention and "uh look at me, im dark and dangerous". And while I am very narcissistic and love to talk about myself, this post is very true.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try and answer to the best of my abilities.
If you believe this post to be a bunch of bull, feel free to ignore it. Either way I got to talk about myself.

Welcome to the mind of a sociopath.
edit on 11-1-2012 by needlenight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Something else you may want to know.
Lets talk about morales and conscience.

While I dont feel any difference between doing something good or doing something bad. I choose to do things, that I know is good and helpfull towards other people. Why I do it? Because that is the best way to hide. If people think highly of you and consider you a good guy, or in my case, silent and wierd by helpfull and rather friendly. You get to hide the fact, that you are someone others should watch out for, or keep in check.

My conscience was "destroyed" years ago, when a did something considered bad. I lived with the shame of it for some years before the feeling of shame went away completely, which according to my psychologist was probably what started, or "unlocked" this side of me, that I am now. My mind eventually had to drop all emotion for me to function. This started when I was around 8-10 years old.

If you were to look at my other posts here on ATS, you would see that I talk highly about peace and being good to others, helping each other and showing respect and instead of fighting about things, agreeing to disagree.
This is the "mask" that I have chosen to be the "real me" outwards towards other people. It is the "mask", I have figured would give me the easiest life and minimal problems. I show alot of concern about how to treat the planet, how we treat each other, because I know that the best way to hide amongst others.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
A french comedian once said something like this.... "An alcoholic is someone you hate that drinks as much as you do". I am currently pondering if the same principle can be applied with a psychopath?

"A psychopath is someone that you hate that is as crazy as you are?"

Jokes aside, the psycho's are running the show in our world, what will it take to bring them down.... more psychopaths?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

haha jude! righ tthere with you!

the only psychopath i have ever known is my ex wife. boy was she something else!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by yurichanother white male managers

can you advise what relevance their race has please?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join