It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

have you ever known a psychopath?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Someone earlier wrote about being married to a psychopath. I was too. At first, he was kind..one of the most considerate men I had been around. He was a grad student who rented a room from me. I was a young professional and often rented rooms out. He would call me at work and ask what I would like him to cook for dinner. He would rent movies he thought I would enjoy. He took care of my dog if I went away for the weekend. He later moved out and we kept in touch and he asked me to come visit him in another state. I did, we shared a bottle of wine and of all things...I got pregnant. I thought marrying him was the right thing to do, so I did..he was so nice after all, and a child needed 2 parents. When I was 8 months pregnant, I realized my mistake. He went into a rage and verbally belittled me and hit me. He never said he was sorry. I still thought it was best for a child to have 2 parents and not a broken home. I stayed, tried to make the best of it and we had several more children in quick succession. For a long time, I maintained my practice, but finally, gave most of it up to be with the kids and run our homestead. Meanwhile, he continued to trade in on my reputation, and was increasingly controlling and abusive. I drew the line when he started hitting the children too. I left with the kids, but he is still trying to hurt me through the children..telling them we had a perfect family until mommy ruined it. He cries in front of them about how lonely he is when they are not there, yet he never shows up at soccer games/dance recitals/band concerts, etc. He has hurt others in the community during various altercations. He has committed crimes against people that I was too scared to talk about. He had a lot of guns, a special room built for ammo in our house, a super electrified perimeter fence around our property. He would send me to Lowe's in town for some part, with all the children..then call the store and have me paged 'to make sure I was really there'. He once pushed me down while I was holding our 1 month old daughter..then wrote up a 'report' about how I 'made' him do it and tried to force me to sign it. He would hurt me, then threaten me with the fact that his father was a judge and tell me that if I ever tried to leave him, he would make sure I never saw the children again.
There are so many stories I could tell. sometimes I wonder if I wasn't the one who was crazy..for not leaving sooner. But it escalated a little at a time. My mom noticed it when we were visiting for a family funeral and she bought the children a book for the car ride home. My children asked her 'Grandma, how do we tell dad? He doesn't like us to get new things because it is a waste of money." After I left him, his mommy and daddy moved in with him and take care of him..they know he cannot be alone with the children..and despite the law guardian saying in court "all the children show evidence of physical abuse they report comes from their father', the judge gave him unsupervised visitation every other weekend. (then went back in chambers to have a drink with my ex father in law). My son's school guidance counselor reported his father because of the bruises on my son's neck..fingerprints and nail marks from his father choking him. Because of his 'professional reputation' no action is being taken at this time.

a psychopath will stop at nothing to get what he or she wants. They don't care if it is family, friend, or foe. They will do what they can to make you feel sympathy towards them and manipulate you. The really good actors fool people for a long time, but they tend to piss off some along the way as they use them up. And they keep their victims so confused and off balance, that it is difficult to get away. I am fairly bright..finishing an 8 year graduate program in 6 years, with almost no debt. I was self sufficient and 'successful', had even dated and had long term relationships with good men whom I am still friends with, but this man fooled me.

This guy has several great videos about dealing with psychopaths. I only wish I had found them 20 years ago.

edit on 12-3-2012 by nidawi because: trying to fix video link for www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
click here for Psychopath test

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by brice

I highly recommend this movie.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

I believe I met a few...

This 'friend', he asks me to drive him to jack in the box, then he 'gives' me a coupon, 2 for 1, and expects me to buy, but I didn't want the chicken sandwich, ok bad example, but one time I borrowed his car, nicest thing he ever did, and I open the trunk to find body parts, they were mannequin parts but still, it was creepy, and he only let me borrow his car because he wanted a free gas refill, literally everything he did was calculated not just with me but every person I ever saw him interact with.

The other one was this lady, that went into this fake 'poor me' thing purely for sympathy, then she'd snap out of it and become pure evil, it's hard to explain, but I would say the above 2 examples were some of the worst cases I've seen, could go on and on why, but I'd rather not.
edit on 12-3-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
If you clicked the "Click here" hyper link then you are not a psychopath. A real psycho would not care and therefore would not click to check. So if you clicked, you can sleep well tonight

brice

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhott
At that time, I meant nothing to him. In his mind I wasn't even real. Nothing, NOTHING I could have said or done would have made any difference to him or had any effect on him .. except doing something that actually, directly caused him at least discomfort if not harm.

^ classic psychopathic belief
Hey, no offense but you are not a kid.
You need to be 'real' only to yourself.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Usefull info www.hare.org...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecossiepossie

Usefull info www.hare.org...

Great list of resources, thanks. Did you click?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Don't forget who runs our world: psychopaths

"psychopaths are like social chameleons presenting a different face to every person" Political Psychopaths are "chameleons" who can take on whatever disguise they need to, in order to manipulate an entire crowd.

Example:

Snakes In Suits: When Psychopaths Go To Work
Psychopaths are chameleons -- able to shape-shift depending on their environment, making them, "near-perfect invisible human predators." They are "masters of impression management," and gifted interviewees. They can build elaborate fictitious persona's, and spin narratives that make them seem initially affable and quite sane. Finally comes the abandonment phase. "Once psychopaths have drained all the value from a victim," they write, "they abandon that victim and move onto someone else. Sometimes by this point, they have destroyed careers. Other times, the victim won't realize until much later that he or she has been cheated, defrauded or otherwise abused." Source

The video posted earlier ("I am Fishead") looks interesting:

Most of us are conditioned to do good things. Psychopaths are not. Their impact on society is staggering, yet altogether psychopaths barely make up one percent of the population. "What do we really know about people in power? We trust our lives to them, their decisions affect millions We know that some of them are not the nicest people on the planet. Could they be psychopaths?"

"Civilization, as we know it, is largely the creation of psychopaths. All civilizations, our own included, have been based on slavery and “warfare.” Incidentally, the latter term is a euphemism for mass murder. Psychopaths have played a disproportionate role in the development of civilization, because they are hard-wired to lie, kill, cheat, steal, torture, manipulate, and generally inflict great suffering on other humans without feeling any remorse, in order to establish their own sense of security through domination." "During the past fifty years, psychopaths have gained almost absolute control of all the branches of government. You can notice this if you observe carefully that no matter what illegal thing a modern politician does, no one will really take him to task. All of the so called scandals that have come up, any one of which would have taken down an authentic administration, are just farces played out for the public, to distract them, to make them think that the democracy is still working." "When you understand the true nature of psychopathic influence, that it is conscienceless, emotionless, selfish, cold and calculating, and devoid of any moral or ethical standards, you are horrified, but at the same time everything suddenly begins to makes sense." Source

This Explains Everything: Big Govts Are Pathocracy
"Pathocracy is rule by psychopaths. That is what the U.S., Britain and some other countries have become: pathocracies. Psychopaths are people who have little or no conscience, who care basically only about themselves and don't care about others, except for how others can help them gain possessions, power, protection, conveniences etc. Psychopaths have a little less than average intelligence on average, but they're very good at conning normal people into obtaining things for them and protecting them from exposure. They program normal people into believing that all people are inherently good in order to avoid being discovered by them." "Consider all of the foregoing information now in relation to the 9/11 attacks and the fact that so many Americans find it almost impossible to believe that their government officials would wantonly sacrifice the lives of its citizens to further their personal agendas. More importantly, consider the fact that your government knows how you think only too well. In fact, they have CREATED your thinking processes!"

edit on 6-4-2012 by Murgatroid because: i felt like it...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyTJames
yeah Ive known a guy who was a full on evil person, i would class him as a psychopath/sociopath for sure.

He was a master at decieving and came from a very wealthy background, His mother and her partner owned a pharmaceutical company and were loaded.. When he was younger he stole her credit card and moved from the states 2 new zealand and spent 60 000 over the course of a year before she noticed he was taking money.

He used to do his best to corrupt people, writing cant do justice to how evil this person was. He would enjoy convincing young girls to try P (crystal meth in NZ) for the first time and watch them ruin there lives. He was also extremely smart and had an uncanny way of making events work out in his favor, its hard to explain. He would currently be 20 years old and entitled to a trust fund of 1 000 000 this coming may, i hate to think what he will do with that money
edit on 10-1-2012 by BillyTJames because: (no reason given)

This person needs to realize the consequences of having wealthy parents. The money is always there. If i had a son living in NZ, spending my money, i would want to share that information with someone who understands the problems i'm going through. Then fly directly to his house to deliver the good news about his "no longer existing" trust fund. I hate to think of sad that is.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join