It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird picture I took at the cemetery. What is it?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I was walking my dog at the park today (which is located directly behind a cemetery) a "Masonic Cemetery" that is.
I looked into the cemetery and noticed something odd. It looked at first like somebody on the ground with it's face to the headstone, I couldn't tell for sure, it got me curious as to what it was. I couldn't tell from where I was (behind the fence that separates the cemetery from the park.)

I reached over the fence as far as I could and with my iPhone took this picture of "it".

""

I got the feeling "it" was looking at me when I took the picture, so I turned around, took a couple steps away from the fence, looked back (aprox.2 seconds) and "it" was gone. The location of the cemetery there is nothing to hide behind even if "it" was a person mourning at a headstone of a loved one, Saw me taking a picture of them, me walking off and in that 2 second period before I turned around, managed to get up and run to "nowhere" to hide. I couldn't figure out where "it" went. I looked at the picture and can't tell if it's got a hood or hair. The face I can't make out but looks creepy (kinda like a skeleton face) not sure what "it" is.

I came here to post my weird picture to see if anyone can help me come to a conclusion on what "it" exactly is. Any comments/contributions to the O.P will greatly be appreciated.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thepupils

It's blocked at my work if you could upload it I would love to see it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Something with a trash bag over it? Fire hydrant maybe?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So what exactly prompted you to take a picture of it? Was there not a way to walk up to it and look at it?

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

hopefully this works.

There "it" is.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Looks like one of those odd shorter humans we know as kids to me, sitting on the lawn.

link   
to me it looks like it will still be there tomorrow for a closer inspection

link   
reply to post by Hydroman

There was a chain link fence blocking the park from cemetery.

I could of climbed it (I have 2 herniated discs in my back) but when I walked away for 2 seconds, and turned around "it" was gone. I only walked away for realizing if "it" was a mourning person visiting a loved one, and saw a stranger taking a picture of them. It might upset/creep them out, plus I felt as if "it" was looking at me. That's the only reason I walked off.

link   

Originally posted by thepupils

Originally posted by mileslong54

hopefully this works.

There "it" is.

Awesome, thanks! Star for you
Yea I'd say trash bag over a hydrant is the best explanation so far.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepupils
reply to post by Hydroman

There was a chain link fence blocking the park from cemetery.

I could of climbed it (I have 2 herniated discs in my back) but when I walked away for 2 seconds, and turned around "it" was gone. I only walked away for realizing if "it" was a mourning person visiting a loved one, and saw a stranger taking a picture of them. It might upset/creep them out, plus I felt as if "it" was looking at me. That's the only reason I walked off.

You scarred each other away, aaahhh what is that, aaahhh what is that, run
edit on 10-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
looks like someone crouching.....
if i saw someone hiding behind a fence taking pictures of me, id probably run away really fast too....

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
At first I thought it was a child with a hooded coat
kneeling on the ground. After taking a better look
at the face now I'm not so sure. Would be good if
we could get a zoom image on it.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Something with a trash bag over it? Fire hydrant maybe?

No hydrant/bag. I am familiar with the cemetery (done 40hrs. of community service there) they have a good sprinkler system. I can go back there tomorrow and take a picture from approx. where "it" was back towards the location of where I was leaning over the chain link fence to take "it's" picture. I will post them tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It just appears to be someone sitting or crouching.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Looks like somebody crouching to me!

I'd run too if I was crouching probably crying over my missed loved ones and someone took a picture of me from behind the fence!

Think you got a picture of someone in mourning......

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There is no telling.
looks like a grieving person to me. Id go back around the same time for a few days
and check it out.

For all I know, that could be the person's truck in the background. . . .

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Cant seem to zoom in on it

can someone with more technical expertise than me post a zoomed pic pls.

Look forward to the follow up

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
At first I thought it was a child with a hooded coat
kneeling on the ground. After taking a better look
at the face now I'm not so sure. Would be good if
we could get a zoom image on it.

Tomorrow I am going back and will approx. locate the headstone location from where I took the picture leaning over the fence. I will take pictures sitting down as like the image shows & take pictures back towards me (location of original picture from where I stood) also N.S.E.W pictures sitting down in "it's" location to show the surrounding area of the cemetery so you get a better view.

It will also show you that there are no possible "hiding" spots for an "angered mourner" to get up and run from the paparazzi in the park.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It does look like a person crouching holding its knees, looking up in the sky (to the top right corner)

edit on 10-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Looks like some one sat down with their legs crossed or possibly a pile of rocks?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join