It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Mushroom Cloud Seen After N.Korea Explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
SEOUL (Reuters) - A mushroom cloud up to 2.5 miles in diameter was seen after an explosion in a remote area of North Korea near the border with China, Yonhap news agency reported on Sunday, quoting sources in Beijing

www.reuters.com...

A nuclear??? They finally did it??

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Wow talk about "this just in". I love the internet.
Anyways Either this was a nuclear bomb or just some other BIG explosion of some other type. I'll be sure to watch the news.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Serves them right if it was an accident.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighttttttt...

uhm..ok...if this really was a nuke it would be plastered all over the news. I wouldn't worry about it too much...

-wD

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
d00d. what else can it be other than a nuke?

a mushroom cloud... 2.5 MILES in diameter... (4 KM) in diameter...

It's either a nuke.....or a VERY VERY VERY big bomb...much bigger than the MOAB!

What i want to know is.... Was it on purpose, an accident, and was it in a civilian area, ie, houses, populated area?, or a desert of some kind...

[edit on 11-9-2004 by DaRAGE]

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Perhaps it was another train wreck.
or mayabe a fire broke out near a Ammo supply dump.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Big Blast, Mushroom Cloud Reported in N.Korea

"Yonhap quoted other unnamed officials as saying it was probably not an accident, although it also quoted one source in Washington as saying it was unlikely to have been a nuclear test. It quoted another source as saying it could be a forest fire."

A forest fire!! Yeah right. They think we�re stupid?

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Very scary. A country using nuclear bombs on its own civilians(not likely, more animals). Probably to test the aftermath. The US tested bombs on animals a while back, so its not surprising.

They are probably devising new bombs that will only kill people, that way they can use the land to develop other areas of their program.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
cbs news is reporting that n.korea is saying officially that they were blasting for a new dam....

That sounds like a good cover story for accidentally blowing up either your new rocket, or your test nuke.

top topics

join