It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama unable to register for primaries as Alabama reviews his eligibility

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kafternin

There is nothing insulting about the term 'birther', except that it is inaccurate. I don't care about Obama's BC.

There would be nothing insulting about the term 'Republican', except that I am not a Republican. I vote for the man, not the party.

There would be nothing insulting about the term 'woman', except I am not a woman. I am a man.

There would be nothing insulting about the term 'Chinese', except I am not Chinese. My heritage is European.

The only thing that makes these terms insulting is the indication they carry that the user can make such assumptions without understanding who it is he/she is addressing. That attempt to place me in some sort of arbitrary category so casually is what makes it insulting.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

There is nothing insulting about the term 'birther', except that it is inaccurate. I don't care about Obama's BC.

Why has he not been able to simply present a Birth Certificate?

he has presented two. Denying that makes you a birther. Sorry but you need to just own it. Why even write a thread about it if you are ashamed to own up to it? What do you think the topic of your thread is? Why do you think it is not birtherish to continue to spread the lie that he cannot present a birth certificate?

I find it insulting to see a mod repeat a really bad, old, thoroughly proven wrong lie. I find it more insulting that it is a birther lie and yet, you feign being insulted at the term.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Southern Guardian

You assume correctly.

However, this is not, for me anyway, about a piece of official paper. It is about the fact that Obama filed suit in court against the State of Alabama for doing something about the illegal alien population, which was Obama's job and which Obama refused to perform.

You get that? He filed a lawsuit against my state for trying to enforce law he was required by oath to enforce but refused to do.

Are you derailing your own thread just because the case had no merit, it was called such, and now proven so? What does any of this have to do with the topic?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Are you derailing your own thread...

My turn to laugh... excuse me one moment...

OK, I feel better now. Sorry.

You might want to actually read what has been written. The OP of this thread is Chickensalad, not TheRedneck.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by metalshredmetal
reply to post by Chickensalad

this is awesome, i hope every state questions his authority...present a paper birth certificate like everyone else in the country!

feck, i have to bring my birth certificate almost every time i go to DMV. why is he above our own rules?

dictator.

He, like I, has a valid drivers' license.

That means he's had to present acceptable proof of residency and citizenship for his whole adult lifetime. There's no waiver for your drivers' license if you're President (I suppose the license can expire since you really don't drive yourself) but I suspect you'll find he has a valid drivers' license and that he presented the same proofs as you and I presented.

He would also have had to carry insurance on his cars ever since he was able to drive and support himself, and that also requires proof of identity

i, like you, also have a valid driver's license.

so what? your point is that he must have provided his original birth certificate once. so that's that?

since he's provided his birth certificate for DMV's approval once, sometime, somewhere, that he need not ever provide it again?

might as well throw all our birth certificates away then!

since he's used it once, they must have a record.. and that record must be valid, right? totally trustworthy beyond a doubt...? so no need to show your birth certificate when proving eligibility for the president of the united states. !?

that's some strange logic if you ask me...

why even defend mr. obama's behavior? it's totally nonsensical.

he's spent 100s of Thousands of dollars in court effectively procrastinating and procrastinating the moment of showing his PHYSICAL birth certificate......when all that is needed is to spend MAYBE a few hundred dollars to have the original PHYSICAL copy to be delivered to the mainland....

yet, he still doesn't provide it. he just spends more money in court in order to prolong his humiliating ordeal...which only gives more credibility to the notion that there is no physical birth certificate at all.

all for what?

what if we tried to go to DMV one day and we slipped them a thumb drive and said "yeah my DIGITAL birth certificate is on there, no need to see a physical copy" ?

no bueno.

he's a dictator:
his "administration"'s power is un-checked:
he bypasses the checks and balances system EVERY time he sees it favorably to do so, and does so often.
he's a dictator.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Good... Can we go ahead and kick Alabama
out of the f****** Union?

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

You had your chance in the 1860s...

...and you blew it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Are you derailing your own thread...

My turn to laugh... excuse me one moment...

This ought to be good.

OK, I feel better now. Sorry.

I can't wait I can't wait. I want to laugh too!!!!!

You might want to actually read what has been written. The OP of this thread is Chickensalad, not TheRedneck.

TheRedneck

Oh, so as a moderator you are derailing chickensalad's thread then? That is funny.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

What about the on topic response I so thoughtfully wrote out to you? No responses? I am more than curious why anyone would, let alone why lots of you do, spread lies like Obama never showed any birth certificates all while claiming to not be a birther. Either you are a birther or you are not. There really is no in between. If you need to spread disinformation about his birth certificate then you most certainly fit the criteria. So why shy away from the title?

I get the feeling most birthers are embarrassed by their status. I am pretty sure I could even prove that to be the case with the sheer number of posts in birther threads that read "I am not a birther but" followed by a very similar lie to the one you spread.

So I wonder why that is.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

Case dismissed with predjudice

Court Order re Hendershot v Kennedy(pdf)

The Plaintiff has not and cannot cited this Court to an Alabama statute that “specially and
specifically” grants this Court subject matter jurisdiction to determine whether the President of
the United States is a “Natural Born Citizen” or is otherwise eligible to hold the office of
President. As a consequence, in the absence of a statute “specially and specifically” granting this
Court subject matter jurisdiction to entertain the Plaintiff’s claims, this action must be dismissed.

While there are several other grounds on which this Court could dismiss the present
action, the absence of subject matter jurisdiction is obviously sufficient. See Crutcher v.
Williams, 12 So.3d 631, 635 (Ala. 2008) (“A court is obligated to vigilantly protect against
deciding cases over which it has no jurisdiction....”).

The present action is hereby DISMISSED WITH PREJUDICE. Costs taxed as paid.

DONE this 9th day of January, 2012.

You should learn to control your overenthusiastic tub-thumping for every trivial doomed to fail before it gets started OMG moment that comes along. There are going to be a lot of these failures before election day if Orly gets her way. She is bound and determined to lift the birther case record beyond the 0 for 100 mark.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

• I have stated more than once that I consider the Birth Certificate issue to be moot.

• I have also stated that it seems strange to me that the debate is still going on. That fact in itself does raise the concern of someone who is not intimately familiar with exactly when and where Obama presented these certificates, and I am (was?) confused as to why the debate is still going on if he did.

• My feelings in this case are that this legal action may hopefully bring him some grief in return for the grief he has attempted to force onto Alabama. I have also stated that it is not going to make any difference in any election, since he has no primary opponents, did not carry Alabama in 2008, and most certainly will not carry Alabama in 2012.

Now if that means you want to label me as a 'birther'... heck, go ahead. I have been called worse. It is insulting to me that you have this deep inner desire to make foregone conclusions about me that are obviously false to anyone who can read my posts, but then again I have no right to not be insulted.

I can rest assured in the fact that less vocal readers will see this exchange for what it is: one old redneck who simply detests the ground Obama walks on because of his actions, and somebody who can't get past the idea that everyone who despises the man does so only because of some silly argument over an official document.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

• I have stated more than once that I consider the Birth Certificate issue to be moot.

You also said he never produced one which at this point can only be willful ignorance or purposeful distortion.

Yeah, you can call me names and say "no offense" afterwards too but that does not change what you already did.
You claimed, in 2012 that Obama has not produced a birth certificate. Waffling about it afterward does nothing. Why are you running away from yourself so fiercely? If it was actually a moot point, you would not be in this thread getting so worked up over it. That is actually kind of the topic, you know?

Either it matters or you are off topic. It is that simple.
You pushed an old birther lie right here in this thread. I can still see it, read it, quote it. It is still up for us to check. That makes you a birther. Claiming you do not care about it afterward makes no sense in a thread where that is actually a huge part of the topic. Why is his eligibility being questioned again?

Birth certificate matters or you are off topic.
Claiming he never produced one makes you a birther.

I am still looking for the post where you admitted you were wrong about that. I am left wondering if that is because you would rather believe it anyway. That would explain why you are in this thread about Obama producing a birth certificate claiming the birth certificate does not matter but the lawsuit about the birth certificate that is the topic does.

edit on 10-1-2012 by Kafternin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

• I have also stated that it seems strange to me that the debate is still going on. That fact in itself does raise the concern of someone who is not intimately familiar with exactly when and where Obama presented these certificates, and I am (was?) confused as to why the debate is still going on if he did.

• The "debate" only goes on between birthers in birther land. There is no debate out here in the real world. If you are curious why birthers are still birthering, it is because they come to places like ATS and see moderators write out lies like Obama has never produced a birth certificate. They then believe that, and continue on birthering.

If you are looking for a cause, see if you have a mirror handy.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:41 AM
    link   

Now if that means you want to label me as a 'birther'... heck, go ahead. I have been called worse.

Um...I already asked you what was offensive about the term birther and your answer was NOTHING. Now you say it is ok to call you that because you have been called worse? So it is bad again? I guess I have to ask all over again then. What is offensive about it? Or did you just add worse as in "Sure, call me a hero, I have been called worse?" Is that how you meant it? Somehow I doubt it.

I would love some consistency. I believe birthers are offended by the word because deep down inside they know how stupid the entire thing is.

So I will ask again what is offensive about the word or for you to explain the above statement to me as it seems to contradict your earlier answer.

Just curious.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:53 AM
    link   

You guys are aware that Obama released his official birth certificate like six months ago right? Jesus some people just won't let this # drop! Why aren't you all questioning Romney, or Santorum, or Pauls citizenship? Please... I agree no one is above the law, and hardly ever will I go to the defence of any politician but really people pick your battles.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 06:52 AM
    link   

Originally posted by DecaM

You guys are aware that Obama released his official birth certificate like six months ago right?

I saw it way before 6 months ago. I am not even sure what you are talking about. It was well over 6 months ago.

Jesus some people just won't let this # drop! Why aren't you all questioning Romney, or Santorum, or Pauls citizenship?

Probably the same reason I am not questioning Obama on this.

Please... I agree no one is above the law, and hardly ever will I go to the defence of any politician but really people pick your battles.

Yeah, you hit reply to the wrong person.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 08:46 AM
    link   

Yeah I didn't mean to reply to you. It was more of a reply to the thread... Sorry

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:20 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Southern Guardian

no, the core behind thie law-suit in particular, is his fathers place of birth, and citizenship. in fact the senate defined "natural born citizen" in 2008 to clear up any questions about John McCain. Sad part is, by those very recent definitions, Obama still may not qualify to run for POTUS.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:23 PM
    link   

im sure it has more to do with the fact that "birther" in your sense, is used with a more condescending meaning. such as negro and "n*gger".

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 10:24 PM
    link   
    btw, the Democratic Oarty is in fact having theire own primary and Obama will NOt be on the ballot.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join