It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report Shows Anti-Christian, Pro-Muslim Bias in Textbooks / what are your kids learning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This may not be an important subject for some, but for others it may be who have children learning these flawed teachings. This has been an ongoing issue for some years. The topic at hand was studied and researched by two separate organizations over a 14 month period. First is the Christian Action Network and the other is Citizens For National Security.

Report: Islam in Florida's K - 12 textbooks

On Thursday August 11, 2011 CFNS filed a lawsuit against the Florida Department of Education (FDOE), the State of Florida and its Governor, to repeal an ethically questionable last-minute change in the State law excluding private citizens from the process of selecting Florida's K-12 textbooks: Islam biased textbooks full lawsuit complaint

Source / Alternative source

The Christian Action Network has sent 500 school superintendents a report showing that many textbooks are biased against Israel and the West while whitewashing radical Islam. The report, authored by Citizens for National Security, examines 200 quotes from 30 textbooks used in Florida.

"[Students] aren't being taught about the theological motivations behind radical Islam," said Martin Mawyer, President of the Christian Action Network.

"The impression students are given is that terrorists are misguided fighters against Western imperialism and aggression, who are only wrong in their approach. It was amazing how many times the word 'Palestine' was used, making it sound like Israel was built on top of a conquered country," he said.

Muslim Brotherhood's deliberate, premeditated plan now reaching maturity

Homegrown Jihad in the USA, July 25 2011, Capital Hill Briefing

35 terror training camps now operating inside US

edit on 4-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

edit on 4-1-2012 by Daedal because: Added source

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Why is any religious belief in a textbook.

We are a secular government.

The only fight should be for NO Religion.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by Daedal

Agreed...but the purpose of the study wasn't focused on that...it was the teachings.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

reply to post by Daedal

Agreed...but the purpose of the study wasn't focused on that...it was the teachings.

So the believers are creating a bias that really doesn't exist.

Losing your power over a nation - sure sux.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The bias is already present, they just exposed it. If it isn't real then I guess the lawsuit will tell the tale.

edit on 4-1-2012 by Daedal because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

AH, yes...Texas - America's 3rd world state...

How quickly those uppity inbreds forget that most of the worlds atrocities can be blamed on Christianity...

BTW - there is not a history textbook that isn't bias...between this and taking away dodge-ball, our nation's kids are screwed.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

The bias is already present, they just exposed it.

NO

The Believers really need to let go of their persecution complex and egos.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing. I check my daughter's textbooks and discuss with her what she's learning in school I havent found anything in her 10th grade textbooks I object to

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Agreed...any thoughts on the actual subject?

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Just because a religious group or organization disputes this doesn't make it less valid.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

No........Annee already covered that.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

No........Annee already covered that.

Okay well see ya..

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Just because a religious group or organization disputes this doesn't make it less valid.

IMO - - its as valid as Christians trying to keep Harry Potter out of school libraries.

Christians do not own this country - - they just think they do. We've come a long way since I was in school in the 50s - - breaking the Christian stranglehold.

Current textbooks are probably showing a more authentic reality.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I highly doubt that...with as much propaganda and control exerted towards hiding the truth. I doubt very much the truth is being taught to children about 9/11, which this whole issue mainly revolves around, among others.

edit on 4-1-2012 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I highly doubt that...with as much propaganda and control exerted towards hiding the truth. I doubt very much the truth is being taught to children about 9/11, which this whole issue mainly revolves around, among others.

Oh - so you have a bias.

With no facts to back it up.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I just read the entire document and I have to say, as an unreligious, unbiased person... Almost all of the examples seem pretty petty to me. These studies, one done by a Christian group (agenda) and the other by what is presumably an anti-Islam organization (agenda), seem to actually be upset that there isn't a pro-Christian/Israel bias, not that there is an Islam/Palestine bias. I saw very little evidence of Islam-over-Christianity.

Here are a couple of examples of text that they took issue with, and their reasons:
(for some reason it won't let me insert a quote from the document? So I'll just copy and paste it.)

Page 830
“What were the sources of Muslim anger? …bin Laden declared that the [9/11] attacks were a
response to the ‘humiliation and disgrace’ that have afflicted the Islamic world for over eighty
years, a period dating back to the end of World War I.”

[Bin Laden justifies 9/11 by putting all the blame on the West.]

(My Response: I don't see this as anti-Christian at all. This isn't the author saying that America is to blame or that we deserved 9/11. It is an exact quote of what Osama bin Laden gave as his reasoning, and to insist that this IMHO very key statement is sensored because it sounds anti-Chrisian is ignorant. If the author had then provided his own commentary about why 9/11 was justified, I'd understand. But he didn't. He just put the facts on the table, and I think that what the other side saw as their motivation is a pretty important one for history to be recorded accurately and objectively.)

Another example:

"The religion [Islam] has close ties to the prophets and teachers of Judaism and Christianity."

[A commonly used tactic by promoters of Islam to equate it to the other major religions, and
making it appear more Western in thought and acceptance.]

(My response: Well, it's true, the roots of each certainly have common denominators. To say that they don't is a commonly used tactic by anti-Islam Christian fundamentalists who want to draw a very thick line between their "good" religion and the "evil" one opposite them. "...Making it (Islam) appear more western....in acceptance" is literally stating that they are opposed to Islam being considered an acceptable religion. Who is biased again?)

(Actually a majority of the examples are Isreal/Palestine nitpicking regarding, essentially, Zionism.

In conclusion..
I wouldn't be surprised if the organizations who did this 'investigation' also pushed for textbooks to tell a story about Columbus coming to America and having a giant happy feast with the indiginous people and everyone living together in harmony happily ever after.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Actually I have asked my niece who attends Kent State this very question...and she has told me basically the same thing I just inferred.

And I'm sure with a few clicks of the mouse, a mountain of evidence can be produced. Shall I? Are you aware of the curriculum of the current administration as well as the UN?

edit on 4-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

edit on 4-1-2012 by Daedal because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

At least the uppity inbreed know history.
poll Pot was not a Christian.
Stalin was not a Christian.
Lenin was not a Christian.
Mao was not a Christian.
Ghengis khan was not a Christian.
Hitler did claim to be a Christian.
The Ceasars were not Christian.

Amin was not a Christian.
Hussein was not a Christian.
Mohammad was not a Christian.
Please name for me a Christian that has practiced such atrocities.
We have the catholic church and the inquisition that are attributed to Christianity but neither were supported by mainstream Christians.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here's a paragraph from:

CITIZENS FOR NATIONAL SECURITY
[a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) Public Charity]
TASK FORCE ON ISLAMIC INFLUENCE
IN FLORIDA K-12 PUBLIC SCHOOLS

Students in K-12 schools lack the experience and skills to validate most of what they hear, easily absorb propaganda, tend to believe what their textbooks and teachers tell them, and form opinions that are difficult to change once established. Zealous promoters of Islam trying to win the hearts and minds of these children with their messages are well aware of these factors. All Floridians should be, too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 2000 the Muslim population of Florida was approximately: 16,000,000 and increasing.

Paranoia is ringing in my ears

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn

Please name for me a Christian that has practiced such atrocities.

Are you trolling? Honest question

So Hitler doesn't count because you don't want him to be aligned with Christianity, neither do the atrocities by the Catholic Church. I imagine the Spanish Inquisition doesn't count in your mind either? Or the indiginous Americans slaughtered by the Christian Europeans?
Naw, those don't count. Only the good Christians count as Christians, but the bad ___(insert other religion here) do count as a perfect representation of their religion regardless of whether the rest of the population of said religion agreed with those actions.

Makes sense!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join