It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Defence Minister repeats warning to U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Iran Defence Minister repeats warning to U.S.

www.dai lystar.com.lb

Iran on Wednesday reinforced its warning to America against keeping a U.S. navy presence in the oil-rich Gulf, adding steel to a threat that Washington had dismissed as a sign of "weakness" from Tehran.

"Iran will do anything to preserve the security of the Strait of Hormuz" at the entrance to the Gulf, Defense Minister Ahmad Vahidi said, according to the website of Iran's state television.

The comments echoed a warning by Iran's military that it would unleash its "full force"
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
So, now Iran has restated their threats. This makes me wonder if Tehran actually has the balls to back up their words like "full force." However, on the other hand, if Iran was to attack the Stennis, than it would be like a kick in the nuts for the US, as they are brushing these threats of as nothing.

We must remember that both China and Russia are allies of Iran (with China stating that they would protect Iran, even if it ment WW3). This may give Iran confidence in attacking the US.

www.dai lystar.com.lb
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Something tells me that it's mostly talk. That said however, the US really needs to be cautious about how they handle this situation, because I also believe that Iran may just be crazy enough to make the first move if it's pushed just a little too hard.

Rev

edit on 4/1/2012 by revmoofoo because: My kingdom for mad spelling skills!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
But but but! I thought they didnt repeat their warnings?!

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

I agree that it is mostly talk, however, i think that if these sanctions deal a mjor blow to Iran (it is already starting to take effect with China looking elsewhere for resources) then i think Iran would feel a bit pissed off and may indeed attack the US.

Anxious to say the least, we a re living in uncertain times.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Just what i was thinking

link   

Very good!

Funny needs no second line!

Rev

link   
reply to post by daaskapital

If Iran instigated the attack, it would be tantamount to suicide for their regime.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Yes, i understand, however, saying that, they have major players in their corner as well (China, Russia). So i wouldn't totally disregard Iran. They may have some surprises up their sleeve

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

True enough, but and this is JMO, I dont think they would have the support of either Russia or China if they instigated the attack. Think of how that would make them look in the eyes of the world stage.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
In one way I understand the Iranians, I mean if China sent a carrier to sail around the west coast of the US, Iam sure the US would consider it an act of war.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Hmm, yeah i agree, however, Don't both, China and Russia acquire some of their resources (Oil) from Iran? If so, i don't think China and Russia would sit back and let Iran fight their own war.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Not if they stayed in international waters per the international Maritime law. The same law that governs the Straights.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Hmm, yeah i agree, however, Don't both, China and Russia acquire some of their resources (Oil) from Iran? If so, i don't think China and Russia would sit back and let Iran fight their own war.

I think the only ally they have that would support an outright attack is Venezuela.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

hasnt russia heavily armed syria? isnt syria iran s closest ally? would syria help iran? would this force russia to help syria an iran? does anyone have any kinda clue what iran and its allies have been discussing behind closed doors? wouldnt most of these countries be considered American enemies just 20 or 30 years ago? isnt it wise to keep your enemies closer?

maybe there is a backroom deal no one can see coming. it wouldnt be the first or last time one was ever struck in secrecy. America needs to stop being so arrogant and see the complications and dangers as they really are. there is no conquering the world if the world doesnt want it.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
In one way I understand the Iranians, I mean if China sent a carrier to sail around the west coast of the US, Iam sure the US would consider it an act of war.

They've right to be peeved but they're being idiots. Iran usually goes alright at the game of politics, they're making some suspect moves lately.

Iran needs to understand that the only thing keeping their country sovereign and free from invasion is westerners. People in North America and Europe. If they keep playing into the hand of the war hawks they're going to lose much of the sympathy they have. If they lose that then they'll be taken from the chess board.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

If the arabs in Iran back the Iran gov you bet they will go to war. Iran wont be a pushover like Iraq. Iran are far more technically advanced than Iraq was.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Yes, i understand, however, saying that, they have major players in their corner as well (China, Russia). So i wouldn't totally disregard Iran. They may have some surprises up their sleeve

china is just blowing smoke too..

NO WAY CHINA is going to risk the money
they have on the line over IRAN... (not right now atleast)

ALTHOUGH.
I DO think we will see ww3 in our lifetime.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

This is just an arrogant statement of the people who think they should have finger in every pie in the world.

US is just geographically on the opposite end of the planet , but arrogant enough to invade and occupy anywhere it wills.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by letscit

hasnt russia heavily armed syria? isnt syria iran s closest ally? would syria help iran? would this force russia to help syria an iran? does anyone have any kinda clue what iran and its allies have been discussing behind closed doors? wouldnt most of these countries be considered American enemies just 20 or 30 years ago? isnt it wise to keep your enemies closer?

maybe there is a backroom deal no one can see coming. it wouldnt be the first or last time one was ever struck in secrecy. America needs to stop being so arrogant and see the complications and dangers as they really are. there is no conquering the world if the world doesnt want it.

Ow my head! Im still on my second cup of joe and that is to many questions at once lol!

I think I can give a general answer to all those with this. We truly have no clue as to what the outcome will be. At this time, it is all speculation. More than likely there have been backroom deals made but I still dont think Russia or China would openly support Iran if Iran instigates an attack.
edit on 4-1-2012 by DerbyCityLights because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join